2022 New halfback?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Re: 2022 New halfback?

Post by Canberra Milk »

GreenMachine wrote: September 6, 2021, 9:20 am You can't coach natural ball playing. I've said this before and got shouted down by the armchair association ...
Absolutely. People out here thinking Jack will develop his ballplaying, CNK will develop his passing, Sam Williams will develop anything beyond the short ball... the evidence is that for the overwhelming majority, it does not develop once you're in the grade. Maybe if you coach it early when they're young, who knows, but otherwise what you see is most likely what you'll get
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Canberra Milk wrote: September 6, 2021, 9:39 am I don't even mind playing a blunt force instrument at 6 though. But you better make damn sure that the rest of the team is set up accordingly

He's not a 13, he's even less a 13 then a 6. He played a bit there in origin and was just ambling around

Centres need to be fast in Vlandysball, I'm not sure he's fast enough anymore to play centre

I don't mind him at 6 but get a ballplaying lock like Peachey and for god's sake, for the love of all things holy, do not play a prop at 13 and leave Jack just to create everything himself. Total recipe for failure
100% agree. #6 is still his best position, i think there is a reasonable chance he spends the latter part of his career in the forwards, but he's not there yet imo
This idea of moving Jack to #13 is a knee jerk reaction to a very bad season, no one would have dreamed of doing that 12 months ago, and granted the game has changed considerably in that period but those changes haven't impacted Wighton's ability to be effective as, and i think this is quite accurately stated, a blunt force instrument

He can be extremely effective and impactful as that still in today's game. Our team is poorly built for V'Landysball but i see those failures in the 1, 7 and 13. If you improve the ball playing around those positions, Wighton will go back to thriving at 6. Of course that is easier said than done, particularly with the 7 and the lack of good options available to us, but we're up **** creek without a paddle trying to find one league respectable half after Williams left... having to try and 2 would be nightmare. The market just isnt there for that. And the in house talent is suboptimal to say the least.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

As it stands right now I'd be inclined to move Hodgo to halfback for 2022. We've looked OK when he's played that first receiver role this season with Starling at hooker. Get Wighton to play both sides a bit more and not anchor him on the left.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
RichmondRaider
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jordy Raps

Post by RichmondRaider »

Northern Raider wrote:As it stands right now I'd be inclined to move Hodgo to halfback for 2022. We've looked OK when he's played that first receiver role this season with Starling at hooker. Get Wighton to play both sides a bit more and not anchor him on the left.
From what I've seen it would be his defence there that would be of most concern

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

He'd have to really have his "toughest pre season ever" to get himself into a fitness and body shape position to handle the lateral movement out there
and even if he did, given his age and declining athletic abilities it may not be enough

I personally dont believe he'll be at the Raiders much longer, now our season is over, i still think he'll wind up elsewhere. But if he stays, i dont know that moving to halfback at this stage of his career is a sound move, #13 would be a smarter positional shift imo
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

I just can't see how Hodgson fits in the team if it's not at 9... he doesn't seem to enjoy the 13 role but it's really the only position suitable for him if it's not 9. Moving to 7 is too big an ask for a guy who will shortly be 32. I have a feeling that the root issue Hodgson has with the club/coaching is that he sees himself as a 9 but we want him to play 13 now. I could be wrong but that's how it feels from the outside looking in, based on the very little we know.

Given that Pascoe was apparently interested in a trade involving Brooks and tossed up Hodgson's name in the past - I wonder if this is still a possibility. You would want Tigers to take on $100-200k but given they would both be unwanted players in this scenario, you couldn't complain too much about a straight swap. It's not the world's greatest trade but it would be so much better than going into 2022 with a reserve grade halfback in our starting 13 and a hooker who is surplus to our requirements.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Raiders_Pat wrote: September 6, 2021, 12:59 pm I just can't see how Hodgson fits in the team if it's not at 9... he doesn't seem to enjoy the 13 role but it's really the only position suitable for him if it's not 9. Moving to 7 is too big an ask for a guy who will shortly be 32. I have a feeling that the root issue Hodgson has with the club/coaching is that he sees himself as a 9 but we want him to play 13 now. I could be wrong but that's how it feels from the outside looking in, based on the very little we know.

Given that Pascoe was apparently interested in a trade involving Brooks and tossed up Hodgson's name in the past - I wonder if this is still a possibility. You would want Tigers to take on $100-200k but given they would both be unwanted players in this scenario, you couldn't complain too much about a straight swap. It's not the world's greatest trade but it would be so much better than going into 2022 with a reserve grade halfback in our starting 13 and a hooker who is surplus to our requirements.
I tend to agree - Hodgo seems to believe he's a starting 9 or nothing.

I'm also not convinced he'd be much chop in the 7.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Timbo wrote: September 6, 2021, 1:09 pm
Raiders_Pat wrote: September 6, 2021, 12:59 pm I just can't see how Hodgson fits in the team if it's not at 9... he doesn't seem to enjoy the 13 role but it's really the only position suitable for him if it's not 9. Moving to 7 is too big an ask for a guy who will shortly be 32. I have a feeling that the root issue Hodgson has with the club/coaching is that he sees himself as a 9 but we want him to play 13 now. I could be wrong but that's how it feels from the outside looking in, based on the very little we know.

I tend to agree - Hodgo seems to believe he's a starting 9 or nothing.

I'm also not convinced he'd be much chop in the 7.
It's just not realistic to move a guy who has played hooker and lock his entire career to halfback at age 32... it's much simpler for him to go to a club where he is needed in the position he wants to play, and for us to bring in a halfback
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

“Hodgo’s” best position is at another club. Got West’s Tigers written all over him.
Thanks for the memories but it’s time we move on.
Whitehead won’t be far behind him.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I'd bet that Whitehead, who's been appointed captain and re-signed for another long period, and doesnt appear to have any injury limitations will be quite a bit far behind Hodgson on the way out. 2 years at least
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

The biggest problem our club has at the moment is this stupid loyalty rewards program that’s been allowed to manifest and thrive under our coach…
Other clubs are refusing long term deals for 30 year olds and actively shipping older players…
Meanwhile it’s deals for the boys here..
I guess it’s fitting given how loyal we seem to be with our underperforming coach and CEO…
If Bunnings sold a broom large enough to put through this roster/coach, that should be the first acquisition of the summer…
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Botman wrote: September 6, 2021, 1:23 pm I'd bet that Whitehead, who's been appointed captain and re-signed for another long period, and doesnt appear to have any injury limitations will be quite a bit far behind Hodgson on the way out. 2 years at least
Therein lies our problem…we love playing with passengers more often than not.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

I mean, compare us and Souths...

They let a fit and firing Adam Reynolds go because he wanted three years and they decided 'at his age, not a great call - too much can go wrong'.

We're giving long-term contracts to Croker and Whitehead after the signs of serious decline have become well and truly evident because they're good Canberra boys and that's what we want at this club.

I am one-thousand percent certain we will have both Matt Frawley and Sam Williams in the top 30 for next year because they meet the 'local lad, good bloke' criteria for getting a six-figure payday from the Canberra Raiders.

We thought we'd turned a corner a few years ago when we brushed Bonehead and that the 'family farm' was gone forever. Unfortunately, it's so ingrained into the culture of this club that those who have taken over from him have just carried on in the exact same fashion.

I will say something else which will be deeply unpopular - Sia Soliola should not have played on Thursday night. No other club in the league picks a bloke who is cosmically out of form in a must-win game because he's a top bloke and been a loyal servant to the club and he deserves one last hurrah.

The number of posts I've read both here and on other social media saying, to the effect, 'sure - Jarrod Croker may not offer much as a footballer anymore but I hope the club gives him nine more matches next season so he can get to 300 because he's such a good Canberra bloke'.

No other club would even consider doing that, picking a total passenger for half the season because he's a great bloke and it'd be nice to give him a milestone - but I am completely certain that's what we'll try and do.

We would rather concede a season than make tough calls with long-term players who don't cut the mustard anymore. It's infuriating, and it's why I won't be renewing my membership next season. Why should I financially invest in what is essentially a boys club so that they can hang out with their mates for a bit longer?
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Timbo wrote: September 6, 2021, 2:04 pm
We thought we'd turned a corner a few years ago when we brushed Bonehead and that the 'family farm' was gone forever. Unfortunately, it's so ingrained into the culture of this club that those who have taken over from him have just carried on in the exact same fashion.
Did we?
I certainly never thought that was the case. Stuart himself was a hire based on connections to the family farm and not based on merit.
We didnt really make noise about it when we were winning because, winners are grinners, but i don't think many people truly thought this club has turned any corner re: family farm
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

As much as I don’t want to believe that, Timbo… it’s true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

Botman wrote: September 6, 2021, 2:27 pm
Timbo wrote: September 6, 2021, 2:04 pm
Did we?
I certainly never thought that was the case. Stuart himself was a hire based on connections to the family farm and not based on merit.
We didnt really make noise about it when we were winning because, winners are grinners, but i don't think many people truly thought this club has turned any corner re: family farm
Yeah but suddenly we began to aggressively enter the market - we took wild swings at Tedesco, Proctor, Mansour and Ennis and when that didn't work out we refocused and went for Hodgson, Austin, Whitehead and Sezer.

These were bold moves from us - we moved on stalwarts like Fensom and Campo who wanted to keep playing but whose time was up.

But now here we are making the same idiotic recruitment decisions we made during the Furner years and muppets are supporting it because they think it's nice to see Sia Soliola play one last game of first grade.

I don't watch football to see a ragtag group of misfits run around as long as they're having a nice time with each other. I watch it to be entertained and to see my side win matches. I genuinely don't understand people who gain any satisfaction out of watching us get thumped as long as we've got 17 nice guys in the jersey who all seem to enjoy each others company. It's maddening.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Soliola deserves a lot of respect, and sympathy for the loss of his mother. But I agree, he shouldn’t have played based on form. I’m one who’d love to see Jarrod Croker get to 300 games. He deserves it. But whether he gets it is a completely different thing. I agree he shouldn’t be selected if he’s not fully fit and not the best option.

John McIntyre might have stepped down as the Chair of the Canberra Raiders board. But he has never conceded control. He’s the boss of the Raiders Group. The Canberra Raiders football club is a subsidiary of the Raiders group. The Raiders Group appoint the Canberra Raiders board and its Chairman.

To give club and coach their due, they did get to a Grand Final and a Preliminary Final the past two years. There’s success in terms of promotion and membership growth (though some of that is illusory as local rugby league automatically get memberships). But the truly strong clubs consistently make finals, actually win premierships. And the club is going to have to be as ruthless and professional as those organisations.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Speaking of John McIntyre, for old times sake:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... z1xCpbBLGP
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

Raider47 wrote: September 6, 2021, 3:35 pm Speaking of John McIntyre, for old times sake:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... z1xCpbBLGP
I have spent more time than I would care to admit trying to find literally any other use of the expression 'stacked on a blue' other than the time Bonehead didn't realize that food at restaurants can be expensive, and I am yet to find a single one.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

Timbo wrote: September 6, 2021, 2:04 pm I will say something else which will be deeply unpopular - Sia Soliola should not have played on Thursday night. No other club in the league picks a bloke who is cosmically out of form in a must-win game because he's a top bloke and been a loyal servant to the club and he deserves one last hurrah.

The number of posts I've read both here and on other social media saying, to the effect, 'sure - Jarrod Croker may not offer much as a footballer anymore but I hope the club gives him nine more matches next season so he can get to 300 because he's such a good Canberra bloke'.
The most concerning thing about that, and I said it at the time, was that senior players requested (demanded?) he play. And who are the senior players? Other poor performers who are lucky to be there! Do not let the inmates run the asylum. Total recipe for failure because it gives them immunity from any poor form themselves. On-field performance should dictate selection - is it that hard??
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

What are we basing form on ?

There hasn't been any reserve grade games. So it would be only the scrimmaging and training they do.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Canberra Milk wrote: September 6, 2021, 5:18 pm
Timbo wrote: September 6, 2021, 2:04 pm I will say something else which will be deeply unpopular - Sia Soliola should not have played on Thursday night. No other club in the league picks a bloke who is cosmically out of form in a must-win game because he's a top bloke and been a loyal servant to the club and he deserves one last hurrah.

The most concerning thing about that, and I said it at the time, was that senior players requested (demanded?) he play. And who are the senior players? Other poor performers who are lucky to be there! Do not let the inmates run the asylum. Total recipe for failure because it gives them immunity from any poor form themselves. On-field performance should dictate selection - is it that hard??
Completely agree. Sia, good bloke that he is, hadn't played for several weeks. His last game was against Melbourne and he looked terrible in that. Less than 10 run metres and too slow even attempt to stop Chris Lewis. He added very little as to be expected last week. Selections by team mates may work well in a high performance culture (so that we are told by Harvard Business Review and other MBA programmes) but we have not won in over 27 years and were out of the top 8 ! Whitehead should focus on his own form and shut up before approaching the coach on behalf of the players. And Ricky must change being a mate to the players and be more ruthless and not let his heart rule his head.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: September 6, 2021, 6:01 pm
Completely agree. Sia, good bloke that he is, hadn't played for several weeks. His last game was against Melbourne and he looked terrible in that. Less than 10 run metres and too slow even attempt to stop Chris Lewis. He added very little as to be expected last week. Selections by team mates may work well in a high performance culture (so that we are told by Harvard Business Review and other MBA programmes) but we have not won in over 27 years and were out of the top 8 ! Whitehead should focus on his own form and shut up before approaching the coach on behalf of the players. And Ricky must change being a mate to the players and be more ruthless and not let his heart rule his head.
It probably works when you have genuine ultra-performers as senior players, undroppable based on their performances like Fittler, Cam Smith etc. Conferring that status to guys like Croker, Whitehead etc doomed to fail
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

I tend to think about the two sports I follow most closely - rugby league and test cricket.

Ian Healy played his last test in Harare, Mark Waugh his in the UAE, Shane Watson and Brad Haddin in Cardiff, Simon Katich was dumped after the second test of a home summer, Jason Gillespie played his in Bangladesh, etc. etc. etc;

There were no fairytales for these guys. No 'one last game' to thank them. They were all incredibly long-serving, popular members of the side. But they weren't doing their job anymore and it was to the detriment of the team that they remain in place so they were moved on. Healy, famously, asked for one last game as the next scheduled test match was on his home ground in Brisbane and was told, thanks for your service Ian, but no. This was a man who had played 119 tests over 11 years. No room for sentiment.

And frankly, when your organisation's selection policies are worse than those of the Australian cricket team then you are in dire, dire trouble.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

On the senior players selecting teams, it is the classic Faustian bargain.

Ricky partially trades his autonomy in order to retain key elements of the dressing room.

Unfortunately when the key elements of the dressing room are the same guys underperforming; when Ricky tries to take back his autonomy it causes angst and sooking from those same guys.

The Hodgson situation is case in point.
Up The Milk
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: September 6, 2021, 9:49 am
Canberra Milk wrote: September 6, 2021, 9:39 am I don't even mind playing a blunt force instrument at 6 though. But you better make damn sure that the rest of the team is set up accordingly

He's not a 13, he's even less a 13 then a 6. He played a bit there in origin and was just ambling around

Centres need to be fast in Vlandysball, I'm not sure he's fast enough anymore to play centre

I don't mind him at 6 but get a ballplaying lock like Peachey and for god's sake, for the love of all things holy, do not play a prop at 13 and leave Jack just to create everything himself. Total recipe for failure
100% agree. #6 is still his best position, i think there is a reasonable chance he spends the latter part of his career in the forwards, but he's not there yet imo
This idea of moving Jack to #13 is a knee jerk reaction to a very bad season, no one would have dreamed of doing that 12 months ago, and granted the game has changed considerably in that period but those changes haven't impacted Wighton's ability to be effective as, and i think this is quite accurately stated, a blunt force instrument

He can be extremely effective and impactful as that still in today's game. Our team is poorly built for V'Landysball but i see those failures in the 1, 7 and 13. If you improve the ball playing around those positions, Wighton will go back to thriving at 6. Of course that is easier said than done, particularly with the 7 and the lack of good options available to us, but we're up **** creek without a paddle trying to find one league respectable half after Williams left... having to try and 2 would be nightmare. The market just isnt there for that. And the in house talent is suboptimal to say the least.
Better chance of a ball playing edge backrower than a 13. He is far to left side focused and skilled to play 13. More chance he plays the Whitehead roll in a few yrs than moving to lock.

Alternatively, you move him back to FB. Where at least his skills at 6 would transfer. Its why Rick tried him there in the 1st instance, to take pressure off the ball playing element, and just let him inject himself. Also means that his focus is run 1st. That said, a few more miles in the legs means he'll end up being a 'lazy' Latrell type, that relies on his wingers for hitups, and only does the glory stuff.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Matt wrote: September 7, 2021, 2:09 pm

Better chance of a ball playing edge backrower than a 13. He is far to left side focused and skilled to play 13. More chance he plays the Whitehead roll in a few yrs than moving to lock.

Alternatively, you move him back to FB. Where at least his skills at 6 would transfer. Its why Rick tried him there in the 1st instance, to take pressure off the ball playing element, and just let him inject himself. Also means that his focus is run 1st. That said, a few more miles in the legs means he'll end up being a 'lazy' Latrell type, that relies on his wingers for hitups, and only does the glory stuff.
Concern with shifting Wighton back to fullback is that his issues last time will still prevail. Most specifically positional play on kicks and error rate.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: September 7, 2021, 2:18 pm
Matt wrote: September 7, 2021, 2:09 pm

Concern with shifting Wighton back to fullback is that his issues last time will still prevail. Most specifically positional play on kicks and error rate.
sure. im just saying I see him at FB more than 13
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

greeneyed wrote: September 6, 2021, 3:28 pm Soliola deserves a lot of respect, and sympathy for the loss of his mother. But I agree, he shouldn’t have played based on form. I’m one who’d love to see Jarrod Croker get to 300 games. He deserves it. But whether he gets it is a completely different thing. I agree he shouldn’t be selected if he’s not fully fit and not the best option.

John McIntyre might have stepped down as the Chair of the Canberra Raiders board. But he has never conceded control. He’s the boss of the Raiders Group. The Canberra Raiders football club is a subsidiary of the Raiders group. The Raiders Group appoint the Canberra Raiders board and its Chairman.

To give club and coach their due, they did get to a Grand Final and a Preliminary Final the past two years. There’s success in terms of promotion and membership growth (though some of that is illusory as local rugby league automatically get memberships). But the truly strong clubs consistently make finals, actually win premierships. And the club is going to have to be as ruthless and professional as those organisations.
I don't understand this train of thought. Nobody deserves to play 300 games, they deserve to be selected if they are in the top 17. Laurie Daley only played 244 games, Mal Meninga 166. Should we have kept re-signing and playing them into their mid-30s, 40s and 50s to get them to 300?

We all know Croker will be given every chance to get to 300 games, so here's hoping he's performing at a higher level than 2021 if he gets there.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: September 7, 2021, 4:08 pm
greeneyed wrote: September 6, 2021, 3:28 pm Soliola deserves a lot of respect, and sympathy for the loss of his mother. But I agree, he shouldn’t have played based on form. I’m one who’d love to see Jarrod Croker get to 300 games. He deserves it. But whether he gets it is a completely different thing. I agree he shouldn’t be selected if he’s not fully fit and not the best option.

I don't understand this train of thought. Nobody deserves to play 300 games, they deserve to be selected if they are in the top 17. Laurie Daley only played 244 games, Mal Meninga 166. Should we have kept re-signing and playing them into their mid-30s, 40s and 50s to get them to 300?

We all know Croker will be given every chance to get to 300 games, so here's hoping he's performing at a higher level than 2021 if he gets there.
Funny that you should mention Meninga, rightly regarded as an all time great of the club, probably THE alltime great. I was thinking about him as I read through the last few days posts, posts often slagging off at players. Back in the day the same type of commentators used to refer to Mal as "Mal Malingerer". Seems daft in hindsight, doesn't it.
deanoman
Brett Mullins

Post by deanoman »

Does anyone have an opinion on Phoenix Crossland from the knights. He’s off contract and read a news article saying he’s touted as the next Newcastle halfback.

I’ve never paid attention to him so wondering if anyone has an opinion on him?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

deanoman wrote:Does anyone have an opinion on Phoenix Crossland from the knights. He’s off contract and read a news article saying he’s touted as the next Newcastle halfback.

look he goes ok, played a few nice games with Clifford as the dominant half.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

bonehead wrote: September 9, 2021, 7:50 am
deanoman wrote:Does anyone have an opinion on Phoenix Crossland from the knights. He’s off contract and read a news article saying he’s touted as the next Newcastle halfback.

I thought he looks reasonable too
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

deanoman wrote: September 9, 2021, 6:45 am Does anyone have an opinion on Phoenix Crossland from the knights. He’s off contract and read a news article saying he’s touted as the next Newcastle halfback.

I've seen him play a few games. I'll pass thanks.

Sean O'Sullivan and CHT are better. Even Jock Madden.

BTW Brooks has been outplayed by Averillo and Wakeham, and the Cronulla junior halves Trindall and Metcalf in his last two games. Jock Madden looked better than Brooks v Penrith and Canterbury as well.

For Frawley's and Williams' money, I'd sign Lachlan Lewis. Just make sure we don't leave speaker bars lying around.
deanoman
Brett Mullins

Post by deanoman »

Canberra Milk wrote: September 9, 2021, 8:23 am
bonehead wrote: September 9, 2021, 7:50 am

I thought he looks reasonable too
He looks like he might be a good fit, originally from New Zealand and moved to Newcastle, so he’d be used a small town. He’s preferred position is Halfback and stuck behind Pearce atm. He’s also young being only 21.

I dare say this is why the knights are making Pearce available as they might not want to lose him.