2021 Rd 11 V Storm: Game Day

Canberra Raiders V Melbourne Storm
Saturday 22 May, 7:35pm
Canberra Stadium
Gates open: 5:20pm
Katrina Fanning Shield: UC Stars v Goulburn Bulldogs, 5:30pm
Tickets: Click here
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Weather: Morning frost. Sunny. The chance of morning fog. Sunny afternoon. Light winds. Chance of any rain: 0 per cent. Min 1 Max 16

The Canberra Raiders return to Canberra Stadium in Round 11 after breaking their losing streak in Brisbane. But they are a team now rocked by some big name suspensions.

Last round: 2021 Round 10. Canberra Raiders 20 - Canterbury Bulldogs 18. It was a desperately needed victory. The Raiders were reduced to 12, when Jack Wighton was sin binned with 25 minutes remaining. The Bulldogs quickly took the lead for the first time in the match. The Raiders were then reduced to 11, when Josh Papalii was sent off. But a courageous Green Machine marshalled the troops to produce two very good tries in the space of three minutes - and an unlikely, come from behind victory. A try at the death for the Bulldogs could not wrest control from the Raiders. It was a narrow, two point victory for Canberra, but it was all that was needed to break a five game losing streak.

More on Round 10: As I saw it

Team news: The Raiders have lost three of their stars to suspension after incidents in a not so Magic Round. Josh Papalii has been sidelined for three weeks, while Jack Wighton and Josh Hodgson will both miss this week's match against the Storm. Dunamis Lui takes Papalii's starting prop spot, while Sam Williams replaces Wighton at five eighth. Hudson Young comes into the starting pack at lock. Utility Brad Schneider has been named for an NRL debut in the No 14 jersey, with Ryan Sutton (elbow) returning from injury on the bench.

The Storm will be without Ryan Papenhuyzen (head knock), with Nicho Hynes taking his place in the No. 1 jersey. Hooker Brandon Smith returns after serving a suspension, while Chris Lewis comes in at five eighth.

Late changes: The Canberra Raiders omitted Siliva Havili and Harry Rushton from their squad on Friday evening. Their line up is otherwise unchanged. The Storm have brought Cooper Johns into the starting team in the halves, with halfback Jahrome Hughes (calf) ruled out. Kenny Bromwich (hamstring) is also out, with Tom Eisenhuth replacing him in the second row.

History: The Raiders have won only 14 of 47 matches against the Melbourne Storm, for a 30 per cent win rate. Canberra has won three of the past five clashes between the clubs.

The Raiders broke a five game losing streak against Melbourne with a memorable 22-18 victory in Bleak City in Round 22 in 2019. The Raiders had two players sin binned in the first half and trailed 18-0, before scoring 22 unanswered points. It was the Storm's worst ever collapse. Canberra followed up with another stunning, 12-10, victory in Week 1 of the 2019 finals - with a John Bateman try in the final stages delivering a match winning lead.

In Round 3 last year, the Raiders produced a stunning 22-6 victory over the Storm in Melbourne. But that was followed by back to back losses. The Storm produced a controversial 20-14 victory in Round 9 at Canberra Stadium. Both teams scored three tries, while Bailey Simonsson was sin binned at a critical time. The Storm then gave an exhausted Raiders a 30-10 lesson in the 2020 Preliminary Final at Lang Park.

2020 Preliminary Final Canberra Raiders V Melbourne Storm

2020 Round 9 Canberra Raiders V Melbourne Storm

2020 Round 3 Canberra Raiders V Melbourne Storm

The Storm will have no fear of playing at Canberra Stadium. They have won 15 of 22 games against the Raiders at the venue, including the past three matches. The Raiders last won against Melbourne in Canberra in 2016, a memorable 22-8 victory in Round 23.

Form: Raiders: LLLLW
Storm: WWWWW

The Storm is on a seven game winning streak - and have posted 40 points or more in six of those games. They've hit 50 points or more twice. They have only lost twice this year - to the Eels (16-12) in Round 2 and the Panthers (12-10) in Round 3. They are coming off a 44-18 win over the Dragons in Magic Round. They've also had recent wins over fellow top five teams, the Rabbitohs (50-0) and Roosters (20-4).

Betting: The Storm are $1.25 favourites, while the Raiders are paying $4.00. The Raiders have a 11.5 points start in the line betting. The Raiders' odds have shortened a little during the week... and by more with the announcement that Jahrome Hughes and Kenny Bromwich are out for the Storm.

Stat attack: The Melbourne Storm are the No. 1 team for points and tries scored - and they have the top try scorer in the NRL in Josh Addo-Carr. Unsurprisingly, they'e also the top of the tree for try assists (Raiders 11th) and line break assists (Raiders 11th). Melbourne have made 12 more line breaks than any other team, while the Raiders rank ninth in that department. The Storm also sit in the top three teams for tackle breaks (Raiders rank sixth) and offloads (Raiders 13th). Melbourne is not too shabby in defence either. Only the Panthers have conceded fewer tries than the Storm, while no team has conceded fewer running metres than Melbourne (Raiders rank 12th).

2021 Season record: Raiders 4 and 6 (8th, -34)
Storm 8 and 2 (3rd, +210)

Attack: Raiders 19 points and 3 tries scored per match, ranked equal 11th on tries scored
Storm 34 points and 6 tries scored per match, ranked 1st on tries scored

Defence: Raiders 23 points and 4 tries conceded per match, ranked 7th on fewest tries conceded
Storm 13 points and 2 tries conceded per match, ranked 2nd on fewest tries conceded

Possession: Raiders 48 per cent, Storm 54 per cent

Completion rate: Raiders 76 per cent, Storm 80 per cent

Running: Raiders 1589 running metres from 179 runs (12 dummy half runs), 165 kick return metres, 585 post contact metres per match
Storm 1785 running metres from 189 runs (16 dummy half runs), 220 kick return metres, 532 post contact metres per match

Tackle breaks: Raiders 30, Storm 32 per match

Line breaks: Raiders 4, Storm 7 per match

Try assists: Raiders 3, Storm 5 per match

Line break assists: Raiders 3, Storm 5 per match

Offloads: Raiders 9, Storm 12 per match

Kicking: Raiders 557 kicking metres from 20 kicks per match
Storm 557 kicking metres from 22 kicks per match

Tackling: Raiders 355 made, 29 missed, 17 ineffective per match, 89 per cent tackle efficiency
Storm 312 made, 27 missed, 15 ineffective per match, 88 per cent tackle efficiency

Running metres conceded: Raiders 1520, Storm 1198 metres per match

Errors: Raiders 12, Storm 10 per match

Penalties conceded: Raiders 4, Storm 4 per match

Penalties awarded: Raiders 4, Storm 3 per match

Set re-starts conceded: Raiders 4, Storm 5 per match

Set re-starts awarded: Raiders 4, Storm 3 per match

Key match-ups:

Caleb Aekins and Nicho Hynes: Caleb Aekins was one of the Raiders' best, if not the best, last week against the Bulldogs. His ball playing abilities came to the fore, and he produced three try assists - his first of the season. Meanwhile, Nicho Hynes starred for the Storm after Ryan Papenhyzen left the field injured. He produced two try assists, two line breaks and ran for 225 metres. Hynes has had eight appearances this year, four at fullback and one at five eighth; Aekins has had five appearances, all in the No. 1 jersey. This match up will be a close contest... but the Raiders will really have to watch Hynes.

Tom Starling and Brandon Smith: Brandon Smith has been exploring his options, hoping to secure a starting spot at hooker. Young star Harry Grant looks like he'll get that gig at Melbourne, but he's had some issues with injury this year. That's given Smith eight games in the No. 9 jersey so far in 2021. At the Raiders, it looks like Tom Starling has been identified as the future at dummy half. This week he'll have his fifth appearance at starting hooker this season. Based on the 2021 numbers, however, Tommy will have his hands full on Saturday.

My tip: The Storm are well deserved heavy favourites. Even with key players like Munster, Grant and Papenhuyzen out, the well oiled Melbourne machine barely skips a beat. Nicho Hynes was an absolute star last weekend, while Brandon Smith's return in this game will just make them stronger. Meanwhile, the struggling Raiders will be heavily affected by suspension and injury. I hope the Raiders can spring an upset, but it is very difficult to see how they'd do it. The main unknown is how the new interpretation on sin bins might affect the contest. I have to tip with the head in this one. Storm by 13+.

What they're saying:

Hooker Tom Starling on breaking the five game losing streak against the Bulldogs: "Sometimes playing footy you get stuck in a rut of losing games and the good teams fight their way back out of that slump. It just shows what's under the jersey here. We just keep turning up for each other. We haven't got the results the last few weeks, but the effort and everything's been there. We've got the monkey off the back now so here come the Green Machine."

Canberra Raiders

1. Caleb Aekins
2. Bailey Simonsson
3. Sebastian Kris
4. Curtis Scott
5. Semi Valemei
6. Sam Williams
7. George Williams
8. Dunamis Lui
9. Tom Starling
10. Emre Guler
11. Corey Harawira-Naera
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Hudson Young

14. Brad Schneider
15. Ryan Sutton
16. Corey Horsburgh
17. Ryan James

18. Matthew Timoko
19. Sia Soliola

Injury/Suspension

Jack Wighton, Suspended (Rd 12)
Josh Hodgson, Suspended (Rd 12)
Albert Hopoate, Shoulder (Rd 12-13)
Jordan Rapana, Hamstring (Rd 12-14)
Joe Tapine, Knee, (Rd 12-14)
Josh Papalii, Suspended (Rd 14)
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Neck (Rd 15-16)
Harley Smith-Shields, Biceps Tendon (Rd 20-22)
Jarrod Croker, Knee (Indefinite)

Melbourne Storm

1. Nicho Hynes
2. George Jennings
3. Reimis Smith
4. Justin Olam
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Chris Lewis
19. Cooper Johns
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Brandon Smith
10. Christian Welch
11. Felise Kaufusi
16. Tom Eisenhuth
13. Dale Finucane

14. Aaron Pene
15. Tui Kamikamica
17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
20. Trent Loiero

18. Aaron Booth
21. Dean Ieremia

Injury/Suspension
Jahrome Hughes, Calf (TBC)
Kenny Bromwich, Hamstring (TBC)
Ryan Papenhuyzen, Head knock (TBC)
Tyson Smoothy, Knee (TBC)
Harry Grant, Hamstring (Rd 12)
Cameron Munster, Foot (Rd 12)
Brenko Lee, Calf (Rd 12-13)
Darryn Schonig, Knee (Rd 15-17)
Max King, Achilles (Indefinite)

Officials

Referee: Gerard Sutton
Touch judges: Kasey Badger, Liam Kennedy
Video referee: Matt Noyen

NRL teams: Click here
NSW Cup teams: Click here

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #NRLRaidersStorm

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2021 #FromAllAngles

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Re: 2021 Rd 11 V Storm: Game Day

Post by mick63 »

Know one believes in us.
I can hear Ricky getting this mantra to seep into these guys all week.
Know one believes in us.
For a coach this is the week you can turn everything around.
And they are offering $6.5 for a win against a team that has three of its top spine out.
Have been beaten by the Raiders 3 of the last 5.
A revenge game from being outgunned in the finals
I am a believer Ricky
Raiders by 4
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I think we're going to get pumped.

Storm are in good form, high morale and confident.

Complete opposite to us.

Oh well. Go raiders.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

I sense an S Williams inspired upset here, take the $6.50 !
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Kryptonite wrote: May 21, 2021, 9:20 pm I sense an S Williams inspired upset here, take the $6.50 !
It’s back to $4.50 and 12.5.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Not surprised really it's come in

$6.50 is them full strength vs us as is. Noting their 3 best players are also out

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

They’ve corrected their model to account for our winning talisman Lui being in the side.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

gangrenous wrote: May 21, 2021, 10:03 pm They’ve corrected their model to account for our winning talisman Lui being in the side.
The Nami effect..

Good morning all.

#bleedgreen
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Game day!! Go the Raiders💚💚💚💚
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Westsydneyraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Westsydneyraider »

I’ve woken up optimistic.....
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

It feels like a reserve grade match today. Both teams are depleted
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Raiders now in to $4.00 and +11.5.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Form and my head says Storm. It doesn't seem to matter who they bring in they always know their job. I have been a fan of Sam Williams since his early days at the Club. I hope his short kicking game is on song tonight. We are going to have to work like never before to make ground against the well drilled Storm defence. We won't have the length to our kicking game which Jack can provide.
What a challenge for the side. I will always support the men in green. Go Raiders!
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Surely we can't lose this...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We just have to hope that we have a winning ticket in the lottery that the game has become.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

greeneyed wrote: May 22, 2021, 8:01 am We just have to hope that we have a winning ticket in the lottery that the game has become.
Pretty much
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:We just have to hope that we have a winning ticket in the lottery that the game has become.
My sons rugby team was mucking around after training, working out how to dive into tackle and get nominal contact with the head.

It won't be a lottery for long ... the rule will be exploited as is every other muddled mid- season amendment.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

We will need to stick solid here...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

I'm happy with the crackdown *except* the diving/falling into tackles part. They should barely be penalised, let alone sin binned

There's no benefit at all in punishing something that's unavoidable
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Canberra Milk wrote:I'm happy with the crackdown *except* the diving/falling into tackles part. They should barely be penalised, let alone sin binned

Sure, most agree on this. But I can see why they are doing it this way. If they start adjudicating on those sorts of variables they will screw it up. Just like they did with obstruction. As it stands players know if they collect somebody in the head and it's forceful contact it's probably a sinbin. Players have to adjust.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

gergreg wrote: May 22, 2021, 11:40 am
Canberra Milk wrote:I'm happy with the crackdown *except* the diving/falling into tackles part. They should barely be penalised, let alone sin binned

Sure, most agree on this. But I can see why they are doing it this way. If they start adjudicating on those sorts of variables they will screw it up. Just like they did with obstruction. As it stands players know if they collect somebody in the head and it's forceful contact it's probably a sinbin. Players have to adjust.
How exactly do you adjust to something that's unavoidable? You could ban tackling all together and make it touch football, and someone would still occasionally get hit in the head.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

To win, the Raider's have to abandon their staid one-out, up the middle routine and throw the ball around. In defence they have to be aggressive (but not head-high) and swarm the Mel players to prevent off-loads! Hope the young guns excel.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

I really can't see how we lose this
Scared Hitless
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Scared Hitless »

Finchy wrote: May 22, 2021, 12:49 pm

How exactly do you adjust to something that's unavoidable? You could ban tackling all together and make it touch football, and someone would still occasionally get hit in the head.
100%. Guy in my touch team years ago was stepping around like a maniac, slipped and collected an opposition player's knee. It looked comical, but it ended in stitches above our player's eye and the defender limped off.

Had the NRL been adjudicating, the opposition player would have received a life ban for 'kneeing to the face with malicious intent causing actual bodily harm.'

The 14 of us witnessed an accident.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Scared Hitless wrote:

100%. Guy in my touch team years ago was stepping around like a maniac, slipped and collected an opposition player's knee. It looked comical, but it ended in stitches above our player's eye and the defender limped off.

Had the NRL been adjudicating, the opposition player would have received a life ban for 'kneeing to the face with malicious intent causing actual bodily harm.'

You look for ways to improve your technique. You don't just throw your hands in the air and piss and moan. If you look at it rationally, it is clear that incidental hits to the head are being penalised but not sinbinned. The referees are clearly using the word forceful as a determining factor for the punishment - so in other words if the defender uses a swinging arm in a tackle and it goes wrong you will be binned.

Was interesting listening to Trent Robinson last Monday on NRL360. If you have the opportunity I'd encourage anybody to check it out. He was saying that they would look at changing tackling technique to a more 'catch' style. I'm not sure if he outright said that the big hit or swinging arm was gone but it appears obvious, to me at least, that you have to reduce those types of tackles.

Go and listen to the commentary on this subject. Listen to V'landys. He clearly isn't going to change his stance on this. Whinging about it isn't going to achieve anything. We have to adapt. Accidents will happen. Head clashes, getting your head in the wrong place when tackling and the occasional stray arm to the face. These are unavoidable. What is avoidable is shouldering someone to the face, or hitting someone with a swinging arm.

But going back to the Robo interview he clearly stated that he would have preferred to work on this during the off-season. This is where the NRL got it wrong. But we have to adapt, and quickly to take advantage of other teams that don't adapt.

And your example is just flat out nonsense by the way.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

gergreg wrote: May 22, 2021, 1:21 pm
Scared Hitless wrote:

You look for ways to improve your technique. You don't just throw your hands in the air and piss and moan. If you look at it rationally, it is clear that incidental hits to the head are being penalised but not sinbinned. The referees are clearly using the word forceful as a determining factor for the punishment - so in other words if the defender uses a swinging arm in a tackle and it goes wrong you will be binned.

Was interesting listening to Trent Robinson last Monday on NRL360. If you have the opportunity I'd encourage anybody to check it out. He was saying that they would look at changing tackling technique to a more 'catch' style. I'm not sure if he outright said that the big hit or swinging arm was gone but it appears obvious, to me at least, that you have to reduce those types of tackles.

Go and listen to the commentary on this subject. Listen to V'landys. He clearly isn't going to change his stance on this. Whinging about it isn't going to achieve anything. We have to adapt. Accidents will happen. Head clashes, getting your head in the wrong place when tackling and the occasional stray arm to the face. These are unavoidable. What is avoidable is shouldering someone to the face, or hitting someone with a swinging arm.

But going back to the Robo interview he clearly stated that he would have preferred to work on this during the off-season. This is where the NRL got it wrong. But we have to adapt, and quickly to take advantage of other teams that don't adapt.

And your example is just flat out nonsense by the way.
But we're not talking about avoidable swinging arms and shoulder charges to the head, we're talking about unavoidable contact when a defender slips or gets cut in half by a low tackle, and then their head collides with another defender's arm. The Tedesco one last week is a case in point. Tedesco himself runs into a stationary arm that was just hanging by the defender's side, and he gets binned for it. If you're going to punish that, you may as well ban tackling altogether. Because that isn't a "tackling technique" issue, it's called standing still while an attacker runs at you, drops his height, and rams his head into your stationary arm. What's the defender supposed to change in that situation? Hold his arms behind his back and take Tedesco's head in the bread basket?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Spot on gergreg.

Also I intensely dislike Robinson. But he was interesting to listen to on 360.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Last edited by Finchy on May 22, 2021, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It's clear that many players are being sin binned when the offence is so minor that the only penalty being handed out by the match review committee is a financial one. 14 of the 24 charges issued last week only resulted in fines. Why is the NRL spoiling contests in such a comprehensive fashion, when a very large number of the offences are so minor that they only attract a fine? Remember, the NRL went this way only recently, because they decided that they didn't want players missing games because of minor incidents.

I'd add it is not at all clear that players are not being sin binned for accidents.

The NRL has not thought this through properly, as usual with this Chairman, it is shoot from the hip.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:It's clear that many players are being sin binned when the offence is so minor that the only penalty being handed out by the match review committee is a financial one. 14 of the 24 charges issued last week only resulted in fines. Why is the NRL spoiling contests in such a comprehensive fashion, when a very large number of the offences are so minor that they only attract a fine? Remember, the NRL went this way only recently, because they decided that they didn't want players missing games because of minor incidents.

I'd add it is not at all clear that players are not being sin binned for accidents.

The NRL has not thought this through properly, as usual with this Chairman, it is shoot from the hip.
How would you know? By your own admission you've stopped watching.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: May 22, 2021, 1:42 pm
greeneyed wrote:It's clear that many players are being sin binned when the offence is so minor that the only penalty being handed out by the match review committee is a financial one. 14 of the 24 charges issued last week only resulted in fines. Why is the NRL spoiling contests in such a comprehensive fashion, when a very large number of the offences are so minor that they only attract a fine? Remember, the NRL went this way only recently, because they decided that they didn't want players missing games because of minor incidents.

I've watched every game last weekend. I've watched the incidents. But the point would stand regardless. The NRL is sin binning many players for incidents that are so minor that they are only being fined.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Finchy wrote:Image
I think they got that one wrong. But they're getting most of them right.

Shall we go back to the star players getting knocked out of games - with no, or minimal penalties to the offender? Then the offender gets suspended... how does that help the team that lost their star player?

Edit.. didn't see the second picture. That is definitely a send off. Swinging arm to the head. Stop with the swinging arm.

Last edited by gerg on May 22, 2021, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:
gergreg wrote: May 22, 2021, 1:42 pm

I've watched every game last weekend. I've watched the incidents. But the point would stand regardless. The NRL is sin binning many players for incidents that are so minor that they are only being fined.
We both know the MRC and judiciary also need an overhaul. Like I have said, change the technique... or don't and suffer the consequences.
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

Its obvious why the NRL has done this, and its got nothing to do with player safety or declining junior numbers or whatever other propaganda they have come out with lately. GE is spot on about this administration, zero thought, shoot from the hip all the way.

These rules suck, V'Landys sucks, the NRL sucks.

Anyway, the Raiders rule so go the boys. I smell an upset.