Canberra Raiders sack Curtis Scott

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: Canberra Raiders' Curtis Scott allegedly involved in nightclub fight

Post by BadnMean »

Billy Walker wrote: June 7, 2021, 7:28 pm Can we go back to the reports of Kokomo’s placing an unofficial ban on Raiders players. Yeah because raider players are the source of all trouble at that fine establishment. Can think of some other groups that you’d hope would be unofficially banned if the joint was consistent. I don’t expect Kokomo’s to lose too much sleep but just putting it out there I am unofficially blacklisting them.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

If there was a situation where mental well-being needs to be considered.. i think its here.

He needs to make sure he doesnt get into these silly situations.. thats on him.

Hope he is ok.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Billy Walker wrote: June 7, 2021, 7:28 pm Can we go back to the reports of Kokomo’s placing an unofficial ban on Raiders players. Yeah because raider players are the source of all trouble at that fine establishment. Can think of some other groups that you’d hope would be unofficially banned if the joint was consistent. I don’t expect Kokomo’s to lose too much sleep but just putting it out there I am unofficially blacklisting them.
As an older female not living in Canberra, is kokomo a dodgy place?
Compared to mooseheads, better or worse?
Their website looked nice.....
Vaccinated
Luffto
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Pigman

Post by Luffto »

Kokomos is great until about 8PM. Trendy club that does really good food, becomes a nightclub later on the attracts an older crowd than Moose etc, but not a good crowd seemingly.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Luffto wrote: June 7, 2021, 10:06 pm Kokomos is great until about 8PM. Trendy club that does really good food, becomes a nightclub later on the attracts an older crowd than Moose etc, but not a good crowd seemingly.
You mean like that murder that happened there not long ago? The one all over the news?
Luffto
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Pigman

Post by Luffto »

Said murder happened after 8PM
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Luffto wrote: June 7, 2021, 10:06 pm Kokomos is great until about 8PM. Trendy club that does really good food, becomes a nightclub later on the attracts an older crowd than Moose etc, but not a good crowd seemingly.
Cool, cause the website talks about pacific islander food so was thinking other's in the team might have been there...
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Maybe they should ban bikie gangs as well.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Luffto wrote: June 7, 2021, 10:22 pm Said murder happened after 8PM
Just googled the murder, yes I understand the older crowd a bit more now
A different style of member since the underbelly days...
Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

greeneyed wrote: June 7, 2021, 10:27 pm Maybe they should ban bikie gangs as well.
Maybe banning the raiders boys is a great thing, they obviously don't want the publicity and we don't want the boys making new friends...
Vaccinated
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

cat wrote: June 7, 2021, 9:49 pm
It actually looks fairly fresh and clean the times I’ve walked past but it probably serves that new fangled craft beer stuff so not my thing. Give me tap VB, Carlton or Tooheys at RSL prices thanks. Also I’m guessing “compared to Mooseheads, better or worse” is a trick question? That freaky bar in Star Wars was still better than Mooseheads.....
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

You're more a Charnwood tavern sorto bloke, hey Billy?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The discussion on 100% Footy... made the point that the Raiders and NRL are perplexed why this wasn’t reported to them for a week. Webster says NRL won’t be drawn on penalties etc as there is no police complaint.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Potentially a second get out of jail free card for Curtis. Maybe the fan base needs to get vocal if they want to get rid of him, otherwise it's a fine and one or two game suspension. Maybe a piss weak public apology thrown in.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: June 7, 2021, 11:08 pm The discussion on 100% Footy... made the point that the Raiders and NRL are perplexed why this wasn’t reported to them for a week. Webster says NRL won’t be drawn on penalties etc as there is no police complaint.
Pretty sure I can assist with the question about why this wasn’t reported for a week - Curtis thought he was in the clear until security camera footage showed up and he realised he needed to reluctantly fess up.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Luffto wrote:Said murder happened after 8PM
Said murder was also a hit job

That said there is a lot of fights in and around that part of the CBD

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Billy Walker wrote: June 7, 2021, 11:14 pm
greeneyed wrote: June 7, 2021, 11:08 pm The discussion on 100% Footy... made the point that the Raiders and NRL are perplexed why this wasn’t reported to them for a week. Webster says NRL won’t be drawn on penalties etc as there is no police complaint.
Pretty sure I can assist with the question about why this wasn’t reported for a week - Curtis thought he was in the clear until security camera footage showed up and he realised he needed to reluctantly fess up.
Or it's just a regular Saturday night for him? It used to really perplex me when I was going out a lot, how many young blokes just go out every week looking to fight.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

-TW- wrote:
Luffto wrote:Said murder happened after 8PM
Said murder was also a hit job

That said there is a lot of fights in and around that part of the CBD

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Im pretty sure the act policings garema place station is no longer therr which i think has amplified that alittle, apart from the bus interchange area that part out the back there used to be one of the more heavily patroled areas but not so much now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Well, I guess now we’ll see if the raiders really do want to use this incident as an excuse to tear up his contract, won’t we?

Your move Rocky.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

cat wrote: June 7, 2021, 9:49 pm
A bikie was stabbed to death/stabbed someone else to death there not long ago. Friend of mine is an AFP detective, does not hold the joint in high regard. It had begun to be a known hangout of some members and associates. A few Raiders too. If you drew a link there that is entirely of your own doing.

As a punter it's not a total dive bar or anything, its trying to be classyish. I think the latter is more behind the Raiders ban. After someone gets murdered in your bar you either start trying to remove the meathead elements (large, intimidating angry bloke like footy players and bikies can be) or prepare to hand back your liquor licence if serious trouble ever happens again.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

The Nickman wrote: June 8, 2021, 5:52 am Well, I guess now we’ll see if the raiders really do want to use this incident as an excuse to tear up his contract, won’t we?

Your move Rocky.
IMO, irrespective of what caused the incident, his fatal mistake was not advising the club that it happened.

Based on that, they are likely to be entitled to do whatever they want with him.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Get there before 8pm to avoid being murdered.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 8, 2021, 9:34 am
The Nickman wrote: June 8, 2021, 5:52 am Well, I guess now we’ll see if the raiders really do want to use this incident as an excuse to tear up his contract, won’t we?

Your move Rocky.
IMO, irrespective of what caused the incident, his fatal mistake was not advising the club that it happened.

Based on that, they are likely to be entitled to do whatever they want with him.
They were going to either way IMO. If they want to keep him, they will, if they don't want to, they won't, it's as simple as that.

The specific circumstances of the encounter matter little.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

The Nickman wrote: June 8, 2021, 10:03 am

Your move Rocky.

They were going to either way IMO. If they want to keep him, they will, if they don't want to, they won't, it's as simple as that.

Agree...
However, he is a peanut for putting himself in that position given what he had already been through...
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Post by mick63 »

Green Blogger wrote: June 7, 2021, 12:19 pm When this news broke I assumed the incident happened this weekend over the bye weekend, but it was last week. Does that mean the club was not informed until the video came to light? All reporting would indicate the Integrity Unit has only just been informed this weekend. If that is the case, that will be an added nail in the case for termination. Ricky does not take well to players who are not up front in informing the club of incidents.
I wonder if the club found out before Curtis told them and it was the club who asked him if there was anything he needed to tell them?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Your move Rocky.

Yeah, I totally agree. I'm just saying that even if it was provoked and people say the club should be supporting the player, the club will always be able to say that Scott should have informed them of the incident. It just adds weight to whatever decision the club makes and I'm entirely certain the club will make a point of this.

In my view, the club does a fantastic job of supporting and backing it's players. On the back of the Williams situation this is a PR nightmare for our management. They will make it very clear that Curtis Scott is entirely at fault here and has not handled the situation well.

The circumstances matter with regards to the way our management handles the communication of their decision.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 8, 2021, 11:08 am

Your move Rocky.

Yeah, I totally agree. I'm just saying that even if it was provoked and people say the club should be supporting the player, the club will always be able to say that Scott should have informed them of the incident. It just adds weight to whatever decision the club makes and I'm entirely certain the club will make a point of this.

In my view, the club does a fantastic job of supporting and backing it's players. On the back of the Williams situation this is a PR nightmare for our management. They will make it very clear that Curtis Scott is entirely at fault here and has not handled the situation well.

The circumstances matter with regards to the way our management handles the communication of their decision.
I 100% agree with your analysis about what the club should do but I’m not so certain we won’t be seeing Curtis run out in green later this year. Not saying it’s a good call or a right call but he isn’t called Sticky for nothing.
Last edited by Billy Walker on June 8, 2021, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Your move Rocky.

Steve Irwin is calling... he'd like to say hi.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

The Nickman wrote: June 8, 2021, 11:33 am

Your move Rocky.

Steve Irwin is calling... he'd like to say hi.
Did he call STD or via telegram from 14 years ago?

Steve Irwin was a reserve grade player who was offered the opportunity to continue his career with the Raiders via Souths Logan in the QLD competition, after he completed rehab on his busted knee. The club was supporting him through that rehab at the time he was involved in the Todd Carney car accident and cover up. He chose not to take the club up on their offer, and was subsequently released.

Look it up if you like.

He subsequently claimed that the club told him to lie to police as a cover for Todd Carney. This claim was found to be a complete lie, per Irwin's own manager as well as Carney's manager.

Terrible example.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

So Hodgson and Papa have leapt to the defence of Scott.

Along with Williams and Tapine is this the “no buy in” crew?

If so, kind of concerning when 4 of your best players are the ones not buying in.
Last edited by Mickey_Raider on June 8, 2021, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up The Milk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Mickey_Raider wrote: June 8, 2021, 5:03 pm So Hodgson and Papa have leapt to the defence of Scott.

Along with Williams and Tapine is this the “no buy in” crew?
Hahaha brilliant. This is all just great.

I'm sure Rocky Stewart will sort it out.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

oof. Where is this from?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

When do players ever not “leap” to the defence of their team mate in times of controversy?
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Gus indicated the percentage in this week’s ‘Six Tackles’ podcast after a dinner with Ricky
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

In fairness a lot of players have been defending Scott the last two seasons. Tackling seems hard for the poor lad.