Broncos 13+
27%

Total votes: 11

Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Re: 2021 Rd 14 V Broncos: Game Day

Post by Ultima »

Watching the presser, I'm a bit worried that Stuart thinks we won that on "fundamentals" and that we need to "stick to the basics". Just screams boring grinding footy still, which isn't going to win games in the current environment. We have shown we can play off the cuff footy and do it well, they need to be given a license to play their natural game, at least when we get near their line.

On the plus side the said Simonsson (I think he called him "Bars?") played well and it's his spot to lose now, so that's encouraging.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

zim wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:25 pm Good passing off both sides. Safe under the high ball. Strong carries. Big positive involvement.
Not bad for a guy that people said shouldn't be in first grade.
Knew there was something there.
He was good but not sure he found his way under enough balls to allow us to form the view that he is safe under them.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Timoko had the most tackles too, great work from him in defence and coming off our own line.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Just a communication issue. Valemei and buckets didn't talk. All fixed after the first issue.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Rewatching some of the tries. How sweet was that CHN line off the Wighton ball. We've been missing that on the right for quite a while.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Where are all the simmonson critics hiding tonight
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Ultima wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:28 pm Timoko had the most tackles too, great work from him in defence and coming off our own line.
He was really good tonight and I liked what we saw from him last year. Is there a reason we persisted half a season with a struggling backline before giving him a crack?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Some not so great signs... still but also some good signs there. A set **** play, tick. Jack backing himself properly, tick. Hodgo's service and selection from dummy half better, tick. Bench rotation better, tick. Back five looking better - particularly Timoko and Simmo, tick (and pack your bags Scott).

But still let's not forget how utterly **** house the Broncos are. Their heads weren't in that game from kick off. But still we improve each week we can win 3 of the next 4 games and start buildingsome momentum.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Billy Walker wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:31 pm
Ultima wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:28 pm Timoko had the most tackles too, great work from him in defence and coming off our own line.
He was really good tonight and I liked what we saw from him last year. Is there a reason we persisted half a season with a struggling backline before giving him a crack?
He's been average in reserve grade is the reason. Defended worse. Less damaging. He went up a gear tonight. Looked like he did last season.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

zim wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:30 pm Rewatching some of the tries. How sweet was that CHN line off the Wighton ball. We've been missing that on the right for quite a while.
I didnt know he was that fast. Really zoomed
Dont delete this GE
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

radicalraider wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:31 pm Where are all the simmonson critics hiding tonight
I'm still very much a critic of his wing performances. It may just be a case of his skillset being better suited to the 1 jersey. Early days but looks good
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

That send off was a joke, if that happened to us there would have been a riot

Thought simmo was very very good tonight

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

radicalraider wrote:Where are all the simmonson critics hiding tonight
M1 is going to have a field day in the green machine podcast thIs week.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

zim wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:33 pm
He's been average in reserve grade is the reason. Defended worse. Less damaging. He went up a gear tonight. Looked like he did last season.
Almost seems like we gave him a chance to shine and he rose to the occasion. Fancy that
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Billy Walker wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:37 pm
Almost seems like we gave him a chance to shine and he rose to the occasion. Fancy that
Yeah he was great tonight.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

Post by Postman Pat »

Billy Walker wrote:
Maybe the stars aligned and it was the perfect time for him to get a start Image

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

-TW- wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:36 pm That send off was a joke, if that happened to us there would have been a riot

It was a disgraceful decision - Tapine fell into him and he was not able to avoid it
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Billy Walker wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:40 pm
-TW- wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:36 pm That send off was a joke, if that happened to us there would have been a riot

It was a disgraceful decision - Tapine fell into him and he was not able to avoid it
Same with Papa against the dogs when he got sent off?? The dogs player was falling into the tackle but contact was made to the head
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Karmichael Hunt played 80 mins, made 10 run metres, made 4 tackles, missed 2 tackles and made an error. Kevvie gave him a pass mark and said he was pleased with his game. Who wants a boss like Kevvie??
greeneyed
Don Furner

MATCH REPORT: Bailey Simonsson shines in Canberra Raiders victory

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Bailey Simonsson shines in Canberra Raiders victory

The Raiders won their first game at Canberra Stadium since round one, thrashing the Brisbane Broncos 38-16 on Saturday night to keep their top-eight hopes alive. In even better news, Bailey Simonsson shone in the No.1 jersey.

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has turned to the former All Blacks sevens player in the absence of Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (neck), who's been ruled out for the season. Simonsson ran for 253 metres and set up two tries in an assured display at the back.

CANBERRA RAIDERS 38 (Sebastian Kris, Corey Harawira-Naera, Sam Williams, Emre Guler, Josh Papalii, Semi Valemei, Jack Wighton tries; Sam Williams 5 goals) bt BRISBANE BRONCOS 16 (Tyson Gamble, Tesi Niu, Selwyn Cobbo tries; Jesse Arthars 2 goals) at Canberra Stadium. Referee: Chris Sutton. Crowd: 9608.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

MATCH REPORT: Green Machine steamrolls Broncos as Hetherington marched: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/06/12/gre ... n-marched/

MATCH REPORT: Raiders return to winning ways in style: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/06 ... -in-style/

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Raiders v Broncos: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/06/12/mat ... v-broncos/

MATCH GALLERY: Raiders v Broncos: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/2 ... %20broncos

PRESS CONFERENCES: Ricky Stuart: https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/telstra- ... -round-14/

Kevin Walters: https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/telstra- ... -round-14/

Who needs Dufty? ‘Silky’ Raider dazzles: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 01069bdda9

Fans slam decision as Bronco sent off for accident: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 837346db21
Postman Pat
Jason Croker

2021 Rd 14 V Broncos: Game Day

Post by Postman Pat »

Ultima wrote:Watching the presser, I'm a bit worried that Stuart thinks we won that on "fundamentals" and that we need to "stick to the basics". Just screams boring grinding footy still, which isn't going to win games in the current environment. We have shown we can play off the cuff footy and do it well, they need to be given a license to play their natural game, at least when we get near their line.

On the plus side the said Simonsson (I think he called him "Bars?") played well and it's his spot to lose now, so that's encouraging.
He called him ‘Bails’ he played really well

I don’t think Ricky was far off in the presser, we earned the right to play expansive footy tonight.

GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

zim wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:30 pm Rewatching some of the tries. How sweet was that CHN line off the Wighton ball. We've been missing that on the right for quite a while.
Yep..it was something we’ve all wanted to see since CHN was picked up by the club.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

The send off was harsh but that’s what you get when you have a black and white rule…

Contact with head with force…

There’s no scope for the ref to say the attacker tripped and fell into the collision…
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Thinking back now.. all these injuries and dramas have been a blessing in disguise.. a team finally without Croker and Scott.. a faster FB.. and a steady 7.. Ricky couldn't see it so fate took control..
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Best our back 5 has looked since CNK has been out.. also of those 5 only Timoko and Simmonson are contracted beyond this year so far

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Sid wrote: June 12, 2021, 11:29 pm Best our back 5 has looked since CNK has been out.. also of those 5 only Timoko and Simmonson are contracted beyond this year so far

I think it's best it's looked all year. The wrong players have been playing for us, esp. at centre
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Sid wrote: June 12, 2021, 11:29 pm Best our back 5 has looked since CNK has been out.. also of those 5 only Timoko and Simmonson are contracted beyond this year so far

Oh but we have Croker on contract for 3 years at $600k apparently
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

I'm glad Bailey had a good game from fullback. I've been a critic of his this year and he proved me wrong which is exactly what I was hoping to see all year. Good to see Wighton pop up on the right - him combining with Harawira-Naera to score that try was excellent. I've also changed my tune on Hodgson. I hope we can hold on to him next year, we do look better with him at 9 when he's playing well. If push comes to shove I'd rather lose Starling - he needs to go up a couple gears for me to be confident in him as our full-time hooker moving forward.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

The boys on the GMP called for Simmo to FB. Well, Simmo delivered.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

GreenMachine wrote: June 12, 2021, 11:14 pm The send off was harsh but that’s what you get when you have a black and white rule…

There’s no scope for the ref to say the attacker tripped and fell into the collision…
If ever there was a time to apply some common sense, it was that incident right there.

It was clearly the attackers movement that caused the severity of the incident.

Forget the green glasses, as a rugby league fan, that was appalling officiating. I get the pressure the referees are under and I’m not blaming them. But that incident is a prime example of how to ruin a game and I’m very weary of that happening in a finals game to swing a match.

Hate to see it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ultima wrote: June 12, 2021, 8:53 pm So why isn't Rapana kicking?
Sam Williams is a much better goal kicker.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Crash Ball wrote: June 12, 2021, 9:09 pm Is there a way to block certain posters on this forum so their posts don’t appear for you?
Yes there is.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

yeh raiders wrote: June 12, 2021, 11:54 pm
GreenMachine wrote: June 12, 2021, 11:14 pm The send off was harsh but that’s what you get when you have a black and white rule…

If ever there was a time to apply some common sense, it was that incident right there.

It was clearly the attackers movement that caused the severity of the incident.

Forget the green glasses, as a rugby league fan, that was appalling officiating. I get the pressure the referees are under and I’m not blaming them. But that incident is a prime example of how to ruin a game and I’m very weary of that happening in a finals game to swing a match.

Hate to see it.
Agreed. We’d be losing our minds if it happened to one of our players.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ultima wrote: June 12, 2021, 10:17 pm Watching the replay, the Broncos "try" off that forward "pass", is it still a pass if it hits someone's foot first? If it hit the ground instead it's a knock on so couldn't they review it when it hits a foot too? Isn't it only a forward pass if it's caught?
No, It is still a forward pass. Just watching the replay myself. It was definitely a forward pass.

"FORWARD PASS is a throw towards the opponents’ dead ball line."
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Billy Walker wrote: June 12, 2021, 11:33 pm

Oh but we have Croker on contract for 3 years at $600k apparently
If Croker loves the club like he claims than he should give some of that money to players off contract