10%

Total votes: 20

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Re: 2021 Rd 15 V Dragons: Teams and Previews *Team p1*

Post by Canberra Milk »

afgtnk wrote: June 15, 2021, 7:29 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: June 15, 2021, 6:09 pm Only thing for me is, I'm not convinced about Sutton at lock. I thought he was average against Brisbane. I'd like to see Hodgson or Starling have a crack there later in the game (a la Cam Mcinnes). Starling can tackle hard so I think he's capable of it
Yes let's drop our best player this season based off one game.
No one's dropping anyone... If you want to stack three props into your pack, including the least mobile of them in the #13, good luck
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Where’s the team list? Why isn’t it in this thread?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Page 2
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Ugh, GE does that stupid thing where he makes the post early and then updates it later, meaning those of us who have their Tapatalk or Browser set to New Posts don’t get to see it.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

GE should be making your life easier I agree.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-PJ- wrote:GE should be making your life easier I agree.
I don't think GE has adjusted well to the new interpretations. It's now a young man's game.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The lists are 1) included in the very first post of this thread (since 2008, for ease of reference) and 2) included in a second post made mid afternoon on Tuesday. That second post goes up a bit before 4pm so that other social media posts, for Facebook and Twitter, can be scheduled in advance for a 4pm release. The posts are then updated as soon as teams are released (generally at 3:58 or 3:59pm by the NRL). The process ensures the lists are on the site at 4pm or very shortly afterwards (if not before).

The team lists are also included in the game day preview shortly after 4pm. First post of the thread.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

greeneyed wrote: June 16, 2021, 8:42 am The lists are 1) included in the very first post of this thread (since 2008, for ease of reference) and 2) included in a second post made mid afternoon on Tuesday. That second post goes up a bit before 4pm so that other social media posts, for Facebook and Twitter, can be scheduled in advance for a 4pm release. The posts are then updated as soon as teams are released (generally at 3:58 or 3:59pm by the NRL). The process ensures the lists are on the site at 4pm or very shortly afterwards (if not before).

The team lists are also included in the game day preview shortly after 4pm. First post of the thread.
Graham Annesley should front up and explain it...
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

-PJ- wrote: June 15, 2021, 5:13 pm
yurithe1 wrote: June 15, 2021, 4:45 pm Tapine is going to have to do more to keep his place in the squad now that James is back from suspension. I was underwhelmed by his performance against the Broncos.
Mrs Taps disagrees..
If Tapine doesn't find another gear or two in his game, Mrs Taps would be better advised to dust off her house-hunting skills.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

yurithe1 wrote: June 16, 2021, 1:52 pm
-PJ- wrote: June 15, 2021, 5:13 pm
yurithe1 wrote: June 15, 2021, 4:45 pm Tapine is going to have to do more to keep his place in the squad now that James is back from suspension. I was underwhelmed by his performance against the Broncos.
Mrs Taps disagrees..
If Tapine doesn't find another gear or two in his game, Mrs Taps would be better advised to dust off her house-hunting skills.
She’s a Newcastle girl, did I spot JTaps at the races with AObrien ?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders look to bring their new found second-half form against the Dragons

Dunamis Lui is hoping for a repeat of the Raiders form against the Broncos when they meet the Dragons in Wollongong on Saturday.

"We don't need to change much from last week, we had really good energy, everyone was clear on their roles, what they needed to do," Lui said. "We will have a bit of a different game plan this week, so as long as everyone's clear on that with that sort of feel good energy, I think we'll be alright."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra find answers to second-half woes: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14238

PODCAST: Behind the Limelight: Matt Timoko: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/06 ... t-timoko3/

VIDEO: Raiders Prop Dunamis Lui looking to replicate the Green Machine's convincing win against the Broncos on Saturday: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/06 ... ons-clash/

Score Raiders to play Score Dragons this weekend: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/06 ... s-weekend/
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: June 16, 2021, 8:42 am The lists are 1) included in the very first post of this thread (since 2008, for ease of reference) and 2) included in a second post made mid afternoon on Tuesday. That second post goes up a bit before 4pm so that other social media posts, for Facebook and Twitter, can be scheduled in advance for a 4pm release. The posts are then updated as soon as teams are released (generally at 3:58 or 3:59pm by the NRL). The process ensures the lists are on the site at 4pm or very shortly afterwards (if not before).

Exactly. WAY too complicated system now, I prefer how we just used to get told, we didn't have to scratch around trying to find it.

This reminds me of the bunker disallowing tries posthumously.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Mate once you see the threat title has been ammended with *Team p1* you just click on the first post... that way even if there's 2 pages of discussion by the time you log in, you can always find it quick... I think it's good. I go there first and have a think without any other voices, then see what others reckon.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

BadnMean wrote: June 17, 2021, 9:49 am Mate once you see the threat title has been ammended with *Team p1* you just click on the first post... that way even if there's 2 pages of discussion by the time you log in, you can always find it quick... I think it's good. I go there first and have a think without any other voices, then see what others reckon.
I didn't even know that the thread title changes! Thanks BnM, you've been super-helpful as always... *glares angrily at Fergus*
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

greeneyed wrote: June 17, 2021, 10:26 am
Where is Curtis Scott?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Stood down from all club duties.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: June 17, 2021, 10:57 am Stood down from all club duties.
GOOOOOOOOONE!
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

The Nickman wrote: June 17, 2021, 10:34 am
BadnMean wrote: June 17, 2021, 9:49 am Mate once you see the threat title has been ammended with *Team p1* you just click on the first post... that way even if there's 2 pages of discussion by the time you log in, you can always find it quick... I think it's good. I go there first and have a think without any other voices, then see what others reckon.
I didn't even know that the thread title changes! Thanks BnM, you've been super-helpful as always... *glares angrily at Fergus*
Ah. I may have missed the sarcasm in the previous. Got it this time around :thumbsup
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Dufty didn't train today
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

radicalraider wrote: June 17, 2021, 11:33 am Dufty didn't train today
Raiders fullback in round 16 imo
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sorry. We told everyone that's what the procedure would be on that back in July 2007. And we have have been changing the thread title, referring you to the location of the team list, every week since then. And every week, we remind you that it'll be in the first post of the thread on Tuesday. Cleary, we should have included more reminders.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

:D

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Botman wrote: June 17, 2021, 11:34 am
radicalraider wrote: June 17, 2021, 11:33 am Dufty didn't train today
Raiders fullback in round 16 imo
I'll be impressed if this eventuates, considering we apparently haven't even made him an offer yet and he's now speaking to the Warriors
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

greeneyed wrote: June 17, 2021, 11:47 am
Sorry. We told everyone that's what the procedure would be on that back in July 2007. And we have have been changing the thread title, referring you to the location of the team list, every week since then. And every week, we remind you that it'll be in the first post of the thread on Tuesday. Cleary, we should have included more reminders.
Can you give us a link to the post please. Reports like this really need a reliable source
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

simo wrote: June 17, 2021, 3:11 pm
Can you give us a link to the post please. Reports like this really need a reliable source
Here you go: https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7909
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Dolph wrote: July 1, 2007, 6:03 pm Even more reason to chase a HB from elsewhere

Matt Head would be the bloke I would chase
greeneyed wrote: July 1, 2007, 6:16 pm No need to chase another half back. Herbert is being forced to play five eighth due to Dobson being dropped back... Herbert has the goods.
The halcyon days.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha Timmy W's first post is about halfway down that page!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:
What does the link say GE? Could you please summarise it?

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The Nickman wrote:Hahaha Timmy W's first post is about halfway down that page!
That 'inactive' bloke was almost as prolific a poster as you're.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: June 17, 2021, 5:10 pm
greeneyed wrote:

It says GE was wishing afgtnk was there to tell us about halfbacks.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha how's GE telling people to sign off their name at the end of every text as he's not very good at this new SMS business??
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

greeneyed wrote: June 17, 2021, 5:14 pm
gergreg wrote: June 17, 2021, 5:10 pm
greeneyed wrote:

It says GE was wishing afgtnk was there to tell us about halfbacks.
What are you talking about mate? I was there.

afgtnk wrote: July 3, 2007, 3:06 pm There's this up and coming 12 year old kid called Luke Brooks in Sydney. We should get him on our books. His defence is a bit sketchy but it'll improve, and he needs a decent side around him to get the best out, which I don't think the Tigers will be able to provide when he grows up.

Also, avoid signing this 16 year old kid from Bankstown in the future. At all costs. Aidan Sezer I believe his name is.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Nickman wrote: June 17, 2021, 5:19 pm Hahaha how's GE telling people to sign off their name at the end of every text as he's not very good at this new SMS business??
Would have been on the Blackberry too.