Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2021 Rd 18 V Sharks: Teams and Previews

Post by Billy Walker »

Rickmando wrote: July 13, 2021, 8:18 pm
Sleek the Elite wrote: July 13, 2021, 7:53 pm
Billy Walker wrote: July 13, 2021, 5:46 pm
Mickey_Raider wrote: July 13, 2021, 4:38 pm
Green Taipan wrote: July 13, 2021, 4:32 pm
I second that but Ricky's responsiveness to reality is like watching a glacier melt, very, very slow!
Thirded.

Very rough on Matt Frawley after an extremely controlled game.
Fourthed - I thought the article about Jarrod considering himself lucky was possibly some good self reflection but turns out it was not about selections.
afgtnk wrote: July 13, 2021, 5:56 pm Fifthed

Hand Matt Frawley a Taumalolo contract, the captaincy, Dally M, Clive Churchill, and Nobel prize after that three FDO, two seven tackle set performance which carried us to victory.
Five and a halfed (yes, I know that's not a word). Okay with Sam at halfback. Unhappy Timoko isn't getting a start.

It's the entertainment business. I'd be interested in tuning in with Timoko in the centres. With the other blokes, not so much.
Preach Sleek

Our style of play is mind-numbingly dull (and most weeks sees us get smashed). Yet Rick keeps turning out the same spuds?

Zero interest in watching Croker making 1m hitups and failing to lay a hand on Ramien all day - he has to go
Zero interest is seeing it, but mild amusement at his rusted on fans try to defend it as they all scramble off that sinking ship
luffraider
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Fensom

Re: 2021 Rd 18 V Sharks: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by luffraider »

Do we know if crowds are happening yet?

Wondering if I should bother jumping on the train from Brisbane to see my team put in a disappointing effort
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

luffraider wrote: July 13, 2021, 9:09 pm Do we know if crowds are happening yet?

Wondering if I should bother jumping on the train from Brisbane to see my team put in a disappointing effort
The lastest comment from Abdo that I saw was that they believe there will be crowds.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

greeneyed wrote: July 13, 2021, 9:14 pm
luffraider wrote: July 13, 2021, 9:09 pm Do we know if crowds are happening yet?

The lastest comment from Abdo that I saw was that they believe there will be crowds.
There has to be. Already had crowds allowed for Origin. Other restrictions are being lifted Friday morning. Titans tickets still on sale.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Billy Walker wrote:
Mickey_Raider wrote: July 13, 2021, 4:38 pm Thirded.

Very rough on Matt Frawley after an extremely controlled game.
Fourthed - I thought the article about Jarrod considering himself lucky was possibly some good self reflection but turns out it was not about selections.

Hand Matt Frawley a Taumalolo contract, the captaincy, Dally M, Clive Churchill, and Nobel prize after that three FDO, two seven tackle set performance which carried us to victory.
Five and a halfed (yes, I know that's not a word). Okay with Sam at halfback. Unhappy Timoko isn't getting a start.

It's the entertainment business. I'd be interested in tuning in with Timoko in the centres. With the other blokes, not so much.
Preach Sleek

Our style of play is mind-numbingly dull (and most weeks sees us get smashed). Yet Rick keeps turning out the same spuds?

Zero interest in watching Croker making 1m hitups and failing to lay a hand on Ramien all day - he has to go
Zero interest is seeing it, but mild amusement at his rusted on fans try to defend it as they all scramble off that sinking ship
Seriously you need to check yourself young Billy. There were claims of "begging Croker to make just 1 tackle break" after last week's game. I posted the game stats and not even a **** peep out of you Billy. The stats showed 2 tackle breaks for Croker by the way. He also out performed Kris in several other stats, including All run metres. Do I need to copy those stats over to this thread for you to shut the **** up?

All fans of Croker openly acknowledge that he isn't playing as well as he was a few years ago but some of the absolute trash that you are sprouting is downright false and really disrespectful.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

gergreg wrote: July 13, 2021, 9:41 pm
Billy Walker wrote:

Preach Sleek

Seriously you need to check yourself young Billy. There were claims of "begging Croker to make just 1 tackle break" after last week's game. I posted the game stats and not even a **** peep out of you Billy. The stats showed 2 tackle breaks for Croker by the way. He also out performed Kris in several other stats, including All run metres. Do I need to copy those stats over to this thread for you to shut the **** up?

All fans of Croker openly acknowledge that he isn't playing as well as he was a few years ago but some of the absolute trash that you are sprouting is downright false and really disrespectful.

And on cue gurgle provides the mild amusement…. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: 2021 Rd 17 V Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by gerg »

gergreg wrote:
radicalraider wrote:
Billy Walker wrote: July 8, 2021, 10:47 pm
radicalraider wrote: July 8, 2021, 10:44 pm
Billy Walker wrote: July 8, 2021, 10:40 pm He wouldn’t be the first Image
I'm still waiting for Croker to prove me wrong
Unless you have suggested he deserves a spot in first grade he won’t be proving you wrong about anything
Make a tackle bust.. that's all
NRL stats

Croker 0 (T) 12 (AR) 102 (ARM) 39 (PCM) 2 (TB) 1 (OL) 13 (TK) 0 (MTK)

For comparison
Kris 1 (T) 10 (AR) 86 (ARM) 31 (PCM) 2 (TB) 0 (OL) 16 (TK) 7 (MTK)

For full disclosure Croker had 2 errors and Kris made more 1 v 1 tackles.

Over to you Billy.

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

You’d need to talk me through his two runs gurgle - did he run fast and get far? I think I blinked and missed them. Were they before or after the simple kick he knocked on or the kick chase he didn’t compete on?

When I look at those stats I’m not sure how he’s not in origin camp?

Please keep going gurgle - I’m sure there is a dogs centre that did less you could compare to as well.

:roflmao :roflmao
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

You're blind as well as **** stupid. How long before you're banned again? You are without doubt the biggest dribbler in the history of this forum.

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

gergreg wrote: July 13, 2021, 10:07 pm You're blind as well as **** stupid. How long before you're banned again? You are without doubt the biggest dribbler in the history of this forum.

It’s almost like it dawned on you that you’re defending the indefensible and looked over your shoulder to see NOBODY boarding this bandwagon with you so you get all personal…

Come on man don’t quit so quick. Find an angle or an argument about why JC is earning this contract and a better option than Timoko.

You’ll find something or someone to support you I’m sure…. :thumbsup
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Seriously. Just shut the **** up. Your're beyond tedious.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Northern Raider wrote: July 13, 2021, 10:24 pm Seriously. Just shut the **** up. Your're beyond tedious.
He really is hey NR :clap:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Billy Walker wrote: July 13, 2021, 10:26 pm
Northern Raider wrote: July 13, 2021, 10:24 pm Seriously. Just shut the **** up. Your're beyond tedious.
He really is hey NR :clap:
It's a simple instruction. Please try to comprehend it.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Billy Walker wrote:
gergreg wrote: July 13, 2021, 10:07 pm You're blind as well as **** stupid. How long before you're banned again? You are without doubt the biggest dribbler in the history of this forum.

It’s almost like it dawned on you that you’re defending the indefensible and looked over your shoulder to see NOBODY boarding this bandwagon with you so you get all personal…

Come on man don’t quit so quick. Find an angle or an argument about why JC is earning this contract and a better option than Timoko.

Sorry Billy. The numbers are right there for you. I can't help that you can't count past potato.

Just one tackle break.... bla bla.. ahh Billy he actually made 2. Which is approximately double your IQ.

But to your actual post. I'm not looking for any support from anybody on this forum. I'm not some juvenile that requires support or validation for having an opinion. The easy option would be to pile on our club captain when his career is reaching its end. No player that has served this club like Croker has, for a very long time, deserves to be written about the way you have. How about instead of being a keyboard warrior front up to a game, grow some balls and tell him to his face how you feel? But no, like I said elsewhere you'll be there at his final match with your scrapbook in hand, patting him on the back and sending him off.

He received a contract worthy of his status in the game and in the club. Fourth highest point scorer in the game. With a long serving players portion it isn't an unreasonable amount. Where they got it wrong was the length and I'm not sure many people dispute that.

Why is he a better option than Timoko? Ask the coach pal. However that is part of the reason why I provided those stats, which you have ignored and will continue to ignore. Arguably better numbers than Kris, so maybe instead you should be asking why is Kris keeping Timoko out of the side?

I'm not sure why I'm bothering because you're not going to address anything I've written because it doesn't suit your agenda and you don't have the ability to be objective.

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

gergreg wrote: July 13, 2021, 10:41 pm
Billy Walker wrote:

Sorry Billy. The numbers are right there for you. I can't help that you can't count past potato.

Just one tackle break.... bla bla.. ahh Billy he actually made 2. Which is approximately double your IQ.

But to your actual post. I'm not looking for any support from anybody on this forum. I'm not some juvenile that requires support or validation for having an opinion. The easy option would be to pile on our club captain when his career is reaching its end. No player that has served this club like Croker has, for a very long time, deserves to be written about the way you have. How about instead of being a keyboard warrior front up to a game, grow some balls and tell him to his face how you feel? But no, like I said elsewhere you'll be there at his final match with your scrapbook in hand, patting him on the back and sending him off.

He received a contract worthy of his status in the game and in the club. Fourth highest point scorer in the game. With a long serving players portion it isn't an unreasonable amount. Where they got it wrong was the length and I'm not sure many people dispute that.

Why is he a better option than Timoko? Ask the coach pal. However that is part of the reason why I provided those stats, which you have ignored and will continue to ignore. Arguably better numbers than Kris, so maybe instead you should be asking why is Kris keeping Timoko out of the side?

I'm not sure why I'm bothering because you're not going to address anything I've written because it doesn't suit your agenda and you don't have the ability to be objective.

Good passion dude. Misguided but admirable. The whole scrapbook thing worries me a little because you say it in a way that sort of assumes having a scrapbook for your favourite players is a normal sort of thing. And look good on you if that is your thing but if that’s where you’re at I should probably go a bit easy on you.

Enjoy watching Jarrod and cheer his every run - May your memories of him always be fond. You look after yourself hey ;)
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

I don't exactly think Kris has locked his spot down either. He's got defensive issues of his own. Which shows it's a tough spot to defend in.

I was assuming Ricky is sticking with Kris because he has shown enough that there is hope for improvement and when you pick a rookie, you accept the learning curve needs to be ridden.

But Timoko and HSS are both also valid centre options. Poor HSS maybe not since reggies is stopped and he can't get match play. But Timoko picked in place of either of our centres, soon if they don't shape up is surely on the cards.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Defended pretty bloody well last Thursday did Seb. He's got the potential to be a lockdown defender, IMO.

My only concern with him at the moment is his workrate - needs to be getting involved more out of our end and boost those metres.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

The Williams and Croker "debates" remind me of the Buttriss and Waddell debates from years ago.

People passionately arguing who is better and/or the degree of their respective mediocrity.

At the end of the day I haven't seen anyone offering a wholesale defence of Croker for quite some time.

I also haven't seen anyone seriously suggesting that Frawley is the panacea we have been looking for at HB; more that he could possibly be an upgrade on Williams.
Up The Milk
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Mickey_Raider wrote: July 14, 2021, 12:45 pm The Williams and Croker "debates" remind me of the Buttriss and Waddell debates from years ago.

People passionately arguing who is better and/or the degree of their respective mediocrity.

At the end of the day I haven't seen anyone offering a wholesale defence of Croker for quite some time.

I also haven't seen anyone seriously suggesting that Frawley is the panacea we have been looking for at HB; more that he could possibly be an upgrade on Williams.
Gurgle had a half hearted go at mounting some sort of argument that Croker’s stats show he did two things that justify him still being picked but it was a pretty meek effort poorly argued. I think there is broad consensus that there are better options than Jarrod. His form is making it hard for even his most sympathetic supporters to make a case for him.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Is there any news on ticketing for this weekend? Nothing on NRL website yet.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Botman wrote: July 13, 2021, 7:01 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: July 13, 2021, 6:14 pm

Calm down, alphabet. I don't think anyone is saying that Frawley's that good - just that he's better than Sammy, esp. defensively. Everyone knows Frawley's limitations but he's the best option in this situation.
Forget about it. You cant meaningfully engage with anyone pulling out that sort of nonsense.

I'd have had Frawley and Timoko in the side but the simple reality is Williams and Croker are two of Stuarts very favourites. They're not going anywhere this season, irrespective of their level of play.
That's another failing of Ricky as a coach; he plays favourites over performers!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

afgtnk wrote:Defended pretty bloody well last Thursday did Seb. He's got the potential to be a lockdown defender, IMO.

My only concern with him at the moment is his workrate - needs to be getting involved more out of our end and boost those metres.
He had a few misses last weekend, like he does most weeks but he is a different sort of defender to Croker in that he does try to put a shot on occasionally - whereas Croker has become a bit more passive. Agreed he needs to get more involved but that is partly down to Ricky's 'middle third' gameplan.

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

gergreg wrote: July 14, 2021, 5:53 pm
afgtnk wrote:Defended pretty bloody well last Thursday did Seb. He's got the potential to be a lockdown defender, IMO.

He had a few misses last weekend, like he does most weeks but he is a different sort of defender to Croker in that he does try to put a shot on occasionally - whereas Croker has become a bit more passive. Agreed he needs to get more involved but that is partly down to Ricky's 'middle third' gameplan.

I recall and commented at the time of the match that he had a few misses in the first half (esp before we scored). He shot out of the line once as well. That side with Rapana, Kris and Sammy really worry me. In other games like versus the Roosters and Melbourne he defended poorly. I do not recall any misses from Croker last week, but he did have the two dropped balls which gave possession to Manly and they scored in the next set off both.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

"A football team without speed is like a gun without bullets." - Gus Gould. We probably have some backline players that cannot even break 30 km/hr. Glad Savage is in the team and hope to see him in the clear this weekend. Hope also our other youngsters get selected in FG soon as well.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Hong Kong Raider wrote:
gergreg wrote: July 14, 2021, 5:53 pm

I recall and commented at the time of the match that he had a few misses in the first half (esp before we scored). He shot out of the line once as well. That side with Rapana, Kris and Sammy really worry me. In other games like versus the Roosters and Melbourne he defended poorly. I do not recall any misses from Croker last week, but he did have the two dropped balls which gave possession to Manly and they scored in the next set off both.
Yep, centres is arguably the toughest defensive position on the field. That is predominantly the area of the field that is targeted the most and often by the best players. Kris has defensive improvement in him, he's still young. It's a position where no matter how good you are you need to continue to improve because what is thrown at them is constantly evolving.

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

He's got work to do and you'd expect given his age and experience that he's got plenty of improvement left in him in all facets of his game.
Defensively is where he needs the most improvement.

Really looking forward to see him continue his development. There is plenty to like about him.
This is a big off season for a lot of our younger players. I'm very interested to see how each of them respond, Kris more than most.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

scooter
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by scooter »

Looks like our game will be the 4th game in 4 days to be played at CBUS Stadium.
Hope the surface holds up and doesn't lead to any serious injuries.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Really don't know why they wouldn't be using the grounds at Sunshine Coast and Redcliffe in order to lighten the strain.

Five games of League in less than a week seems an unnecessary load on the one ground and risks damaging it.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Minimising costs I guess?

luffraider
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Fensom

Post by luffraider »

Northern Raider wrote:Is there any news on ticketing for this weekend? Nothing on NRL website yet.
I’m keen to go also but can’t buy tickets either
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

honestly, some of the personal attacks by long standing members of this board is a bit disappointing.

croker v timoko right now - niether player is screaming to be picked... either way you can make your point without being borderline abusive.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

luffraider wrote: July 15, 2021, 7:36 am
Northern Raider wrote:Is there any news on ticketing for this weekend? Nothing on NRL website yet.
Im guessing around 2pm

They released the SOO ones at 2pm the other day , so i'll be checking after that
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: July 15, 2021, 12:12 pm
luffraider wrote: July 15, 2021, 7:36 am
Im guessing around 2pm

They released the SOO ones at 2pm the other day , so i'll be checking after that
They'd normally give you some warning... I've not seen anything from the NRL or club yet. Origin tickets only went on sale the afternoon of the day before the game. Could be as late as tomorrow I guess.