Moderator: GH Moderators

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Canberra Raiders relocated to Gold Coast due to COVID

Post by Schifty »

Northern Raider wrote: July 12, 2021, 8:55 pm
greeneyed wrote: July 12, 2021, 8:43 pm
Schifty wrote: July 12, 2021, 7:54 pm Can we have a comp to guess the first player in the NRL to get kicked out of QLD for a bubble breach?

I'm picking Dugan.
They said on NRL Tonight that the Sharks aren't even going to take him.
Hope you didn't outlay your bet already Schifty. :lol:
Surely this counts as a scratching and I get money back!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Botman wrote:
Schifty wrote: July 12, 2021, 7:54 pm Can we have a comp to guess the first player in the NRL to get kicked out of QLD for a bubble breach?

I'm picking Dugan.
****... that's telling Image
He's been playing for Newtown for a while, doesn't shock me he's not wanted there

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

-TW- wrote: July 12, 2021, 9:32 pm
Botman wrote:

I'm picking Dugan.
****... that's telling Image
He's been playing for Newtown for a while, doesn't shock me he's not wanted there

Bubbles are like balloons - one prick and they are gone!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Re: NRL considers moving all 16 teams to southeast Queensland as early as Round 18

Post by Dr Zaius »

GreenMachine wrote:
hrundi89 wrote: July 12, 2021, 12:54 pm
-TW- wrote: July 12, 2021, 12:31 pm
hrundi89 wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: July 11, 2021, 6:29 pm No doubt that the people of Sydney are under considerable stress at the moment. Worried about their health, their loved ones, their income and schooling their children.

Tarring a city of 5 million with the indiscretions of a minority is probably not helpful for them. It wasn't fair to Melbournians, and it's not fair to Sydneysiders.
Well said.

There has been complacency among some and unfortunately we've seen what that can do.

If everybody does the right thing re the guidelines and getting vaccinated we will be able to look at this in the rear view mirror.

Until then this will be ongoing.

These lockdowns are tough. I can only speak for myself but it does have an impact on mental health.
I'm confused, cat said there was no complacency?

Sydney as a whole hasn't been complacent. The people in Bondi who kicked this off clearly were. It shows clearly that it doesn't take much to turn 10 into 400.
Wrong.
I happen to be best friends with one of the first infected in Bondi by patient zero.
Basically, his wife was working in retail (David Jones) when the infamous Limo driver went past her section..
Few days later, they were both unwell and self isolated. They took the test and indeed they had the virus...
They were in the original cluster of 10 or so...
They live in Bondi and were nothing more than victims of circumstances...
The **** up belongs to government for not insisting on front line workers being vaccinated and not having a quarantine facility (using hotels for an air born virus)..
That's pretty awful mate. How close was their contact? Old mate LD seemed to be wafting delta out his pores
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

What's ironic is that if George had just bode his time and saw out his contract like any self respecting adult would, he'd have gotten the full Aussie experience he'd hoped for in the end and got to live on the beach. Oh well

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

And now he’s at Warrington beach..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: NRL considers moving all 16 teams to southeast Queensland as early as Round 18

Post by GreenMachine »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 13, 2021, 6:27 am
GreenMachine wrote:
-TW- wrote: July 12, 2021, 12:31 pm
hrundi89 wrote:
Well said.

There has been complacency among some and unfortunately we've seen what that can do.

If everybody does the right thing re the guidelines and getting vaccinated we will be able to look at this in the rear view mirror.

Until then this will be ongoing.

These lockdowns are tough. I can only speak for myself but it does have an impact on mental health.
I'm confused, cat said there was no complacency?

Sydney as a whole hasn't been complacent. The people in Bondi who kicked this off clearly were. It shows clearly that it doesn't take much to turn 10 into 400.
Wrong.
I happen to be best friends with one of the first infected in Bondi by patient zero.
Basically, his wife was working in retail (David Jones) when the infamous Limo driver went past her section..
Few days later, they were both unwell and self isolated. They took the test and indeed they had the virus...
The **** up belongs to government for not insisting on front line workers being vaccinated and not having a quarantine facility (using hotels for an air born virus)..
That's pretty awful mate. How close was their contact? Old mate LD seemed to be wafting delta out his pores
She didn't even see/meet patient zero when he passed through. Got told after the fact that he had passed through the store at around the time she was working.
Just goes to show how unlucky you can be.
I've had both pfizer vaccinations (got them a month ago). I still take all the precautions.
My point is the government (state and federal) have a lot to answer for here and ordinary people who are doing the right thing (lets say 99% of the population) are being tarnished by the 1% of idiots out there who are allowed the opportunity to stuff things up for everyone because the government is too idiotic to open/create a proper quarantine facility and insist on all frontline workers being vaccinated.
People in Sydney (just like when it happened in Melbourne) deserve better.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

GreenMachine wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: July 13, 2021, 6:27 am
GreenMachine wrote:
-TW- wrote: July 12, 2021, 12:31 pm I'm confused, cat said there was no complacency?

Wrong.
She didn't even see/meet patient zero when he passed through. Got told after the fact that he had passed through the store at around the time she was working.
Just goes to show how unlucky you can be.
I've had both pfizer vaccinations (got them a month ago). I still take all the precautions.
My point is the government (state and federal) have a lot to answer for here and ordinary people who are doing the right thing (lets say 99% of the population) are being tarnished by the 1% of idiots out there who are allowed the opportunity to stuff things up for everyone because the government is too idiotic to open/create a proper quarantine facility and insist on all frontline workers being vaccinated.
People in Sydney (just like when it happened in Melbourne) deserve better.
Old mate limo driver must have been licking surfaces or something. Honestly that family drove around regional NSW with delta, 19 yo in Brisbane, two miners, next to nobody infected. OMLD visits Westfield for an hour or so and takes out half of Bondi
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Yeah OMLD, just like BBQ's galore man decided to cruise around greater Sydney while being highly contagious...
Just once it would be great to hear the person didn't leave their own home!
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Any further news on our relocation? I thought Furner was fighting it? With the Victorian Government red zone designation, can't we just play Melbourne on the Sunshine Coast?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

GreenMachine wrote: July 13, 2021, 5:48 pm Yeah OMLD, just like BBQ's galore man decided to cruise around greater Sydney while being highly contagious...
Just once it would be great to hear the person didn't leave their own home!
There's plenty of them. Of the 97 cases today 60 were in isolation through their contagious period. Not much story from that point on with those 60 people so nothing to report in the media.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: July 14, 2021, 2:11 pm Any further news on our relocation? I thought Furner was fighting it? With the Victorian Government red zone designation, can't we just play Melbourne on the Sunshine Coast?
They're not fighting it. The only think Don Furner said was that he was hopeful that there might be some leniency for the Raiders in terms of flying back to the ACT to see family at times. More a question about how the rules might apply. Given the ACT has had 26 people exposed to COVID by the painter at Goulburn I can't see that being permitted.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: July 14, 2021, 2:11 pm Any further news on our relocation? I thought Furner was fighting it? With the Victorian Government red zone designation, can't we just play Melbourne on the Sunshine Coast?
What do you mean? The players are already up there, the matches have been scheduled. It's done.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart confident that Green Machine will rise to challenge of temporary relocation to Gold Coast

Raiders coach Stuart is confident his team can adapt to life in a hub, just as the Warriors and Storm have done before.

"It's up to us now how we handle it. Every individual's got a choice how they handle the good days and the bad days. Melbourne did a wonderful job. They need wonderful credit of their success last year at handling the situation. I'm very confident my squad will take it head on and take this challenge for what it is."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7340528/
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Has anything been said when tickets will go on sale?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: July 14, 2021, 4:36 pm Has anything been said when tickets will go on sale?
No not yet.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Hanging out on the Gold Coast with 30 of your mates and your family……. I too hope they can rise to the challenge :shock:
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:
They're not fighting it. The only think Don Furner said was that he was hopeful that there might be some leniency for the Raiders in terms of flying back to the ACT to see family at times. More a question about how the rules might apply. Given the ACT has had 26 people exposed to COVID by the painter at Goulburn I can't see that being permitted.
I assume that none of those 26 have yet tested positive and have been asked to isolate. In which case they pose no threat to the ACT.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

They were potentially exposed on Friday, and they were only being contacted today about isolating and testing. The ACT authorities have said low risk to the ACT, not no risk.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

A Chicko roll and and min chips, thanks Con.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I like that from Raiders media team - some solid banter there!
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

I’ve been to that Indian place. It is pretty ordinary to be honest. Cheap yes, but not great food.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Dr Zaius wrote: July 14, 2021, 5:53 pm
greeneyed wrote:
I assume that none of those 26 have yet tested positive and have been asked to isolate. In which case they pose no threat to the ACT.
Ironic that it seems a big part of the reason we were lumped into this was because the ACT border was closed to Victoria. With a few cases in Melbourne today, there must be a big chance the Storm will get sent to Qld too and then there won’t be any state borders to worry about.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:They were potentially exposed on Friday, and they were only being contacted today about isolating and testing. The ACT authorities have said low risk to the ACT, not no risk.
No cases in ACT today. I assume that means that they all tested negative.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dr Zaius wrote:
greeneyed wrote:They were potentially exposed on Friday, and they were only being contacted today about isolating and testing. The ACT authorities have said low risk to the ACT, not no risk.
So far yes

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Cbus Stadium website saying tickets will be available via Ticketek. Info available shortly.

https://cbussuperstadium.com.au/Events/ ... harks.aspx

Tickets are on sale for all other games on the weekend. Double Header at Cbus Stadium Friday and Suncorp Stadium on Sunday. Cowboys and Storm have normal home games. That leaves Raiders vs Sharks as the only game you can't buy tickets for right now.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

-TW- wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
So far yes

So no risk to the ACT then. That's good news.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fortunate, considering the incompetence and hubris of the NSW Premier and Government.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

greeneyed wrote: July 15, 2021, 5:43 pm Fortunate, considering the incompetence and hubris of the NSW Premier and Government.
Exceptionally fortunate for the many workers still able to earn a wage given the lack of proper federal subsidy to backstop a rigid lockdown.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:Fortunate, considering the incompetence and hubris of the NSW Premier and Government.
Or good contact tracing. Got to them fairly soon after the exposure, and may yet to return a positive result.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Coastalraider wrote: July 15, 2021, 6:18 pm
greeneyed wrote: July 15, 2021, 5:43 pm Fortunate, considering the incompetence and hubris of the NSW Premier and Government.
Exceptionally fortunate for the many workers still able to earn a wage given the lack of proper federal subsidy to backstop a rigid lockdown.
I’m not excusing the significant policy failings of the federal government either.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

If they're going to hub in Queensland I wonder if they have considered a NZ hub?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gergreg wrote: July 15, 2021, 6:27 pm If they're going to hub in Queensland I wonder if they have considered a NZ hub?

Time zone difference would be problematic. It's about keeping the games on TV for revenue. Having games in their usual prime time slots in Australia would be starting nearly 10pm over there.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Northern Raider wrote:
gergreg wrote: July 15, 2021, 6:27 pm If they're going to hub in Queensland I wonder if they have considered a NZ hub?

Time zone difference would be problematic. It's about keeping the games on TV for revenue. Having games in their usual prime time slots in Australia would be starting nearly 10pm over there.
Vossy shot it down on SEN that they just don't have the infrastructure to support more than 1 ground in that scenario and the weather would mean the ground would be churned too quickly

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer