Sharks 13+
13%

Total votes: 8

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2021 Rd 18 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Croker's defence was good tonight against Ramien, but he offers no strike in attack. With Timoko on the end of that movement, he would have scored.

I still don't understand why Timoko was dropped and not even in the 17 after what he showed in the Brisbane and St George games.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Raiders lose and there are a million people lining up on here to sink the slipper in. The lads have a cracking win and I’m looking around to have a beer and chat with someone it’s a ghost town……
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Post by mick63 »

gangrenous wrote: July 17, 2021, 6:11 pm
Kryptonite wrote:It was a tough position for Valemai
It really wasn’t. It was never a ball to play at given the location. Shame on his team mates for not calling him out of it either.
100%
It swirled late and Croker should have called him off it.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: July 17, 2021, 8:12 pm Croker's defence was good tonight against Ramien, but he offers no strike in attack. With Timoko on the end of that movement, he would have scored.
I think that held up thing was so instructive of what sort of player he is now.
He made the right call, he did the right thing and 2 years ago he scores a regulation try... but his footwork wasnt quite there, his burst of acceleration wasnt there, and when he loses those things there isnt a lot to lean on. Power was never his game but he was able to use other attributes to generate enough velocity that he could get the footy down in a struggle more times than not if he had to but mostly he had the juice his his feet and burst to not worry
He doesnt have any of it now.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Always happy with 2 competition points. CHN on fire with the ball. Starling long minutes helped the Raiders. Also his defence forced the ball free for CHN and Kris to set up Xaviers' first try in the NRL. JC also forced the ball out for Valemei's late try. Good work from him and his goal kicking. Just on Savage, I thought he gave some glimpses of really good passes tonight. The Raiders first try came from a quick wide Savage pass to Kris to Rapa who did the work for the try, but it was the quick wide pass which gave them room after the CHN offload. In the first try after half time, Papa offload to X who steps and goes through and then gives the ball to Starling in support and then on to Jack for the try. It's only his 2nd NRL game, but he is very exciting when running the football. In the interview he said he had done his A/C joint before. Hopefully the physio's can get to him and get him ready for next Thursday against the Eels.

The Sam Williams defensive scrum position was solved with him going into hooker a number of times tonight on the Sharks feed.
Last edited by RedRaider on July 17, 2021, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Botman wrote: July 17, 2021, 8:18 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: July 17, 2021, 8:12 pm Croker's defence was good tonight against Ramien, but he offers no strike in attack. With Timoko on the end of that movement, he would have scored.
I think that held up thing was so instructive of what sort of player he is now.
He made the right call, he did the right thing and 2 years ago he scores a regulation try... but his footwork wasnt quite there, his burst of acceleration wasnt there, and when he loses those things there isnt a lot to lean on. Power was never his game but he was able to use other attributes to generate enough velocity that he could get the footy down in a struggle more times than not if he had to but mostly he had the juice his his feet and burst to not worry
He doesnt have any of it now.
Croker was fine tonight. If he was a young bloke coming through you’d say he held his own. But the issue is you can see the decline and know there isn’t more to come.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

LP Raider wrote: July 17, 2021, 8:04 pm Our biggest priority atm is finding a #7 for next year.

Looks like Melbourne's going to do a number on the Knights, so a pretty good Saturday for the Raiders.
Agree on the 7 question. Although I thought Sam outplayed his opponent tonight.
Storm leading 30 blot at half time against the Knights.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Any word in the press conference about Xavier Savage and whether he will be fit for next week?
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Fair effort from Jack to grit the teeth and come out on the second half but reckon he might struggle to get up next week
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

RedRaider wrote: July 17, 2021, 8:27 pm
LP Raider wrote: July 17, 2021, 8:04 pm Our biggest priority atm is finding a #7 for next year.

Looks like Melbourne's going to do a number on the Knights, so a pretty good Saturday for the Raiders.
Agree on the 7 question. Although I thought Sam outplayed his opponent tonight.
Storm leading 30 blot at half time against the Knights.
Johnson had a terrible game tonight. Imagine if we spent $600,000 signing him. He's got the talent, speed, and skill, but doesn't show it
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

RedRaider wrote:It's only his 2nd NRL game, but he is very exciting when running the football. In the interview he said he had done his A/C joint before.
Well, 2ndish game Image
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Some lobster on Twitter complaining about how Kris passing to Savage for the try cost him $340 on his multi. You wouldn’t be happy haha
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Botman wrote: July 17, 2021, 7:15 pm CHN must have 40 tackle breaks tonight
He was simply outstanding, like he had kryptonite smothered all over him.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Billy Walker wrote: July 17, 2021, 8:39 pm Some lobster on Twitter complaining about how Kris passing to Savage for the try cost him $340 on his multi. You wouldn’t be happy haha
Its funny because it wasnt me, but id actually be spewing if I had that multi.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Toviii wrote:Any word in the press conference about Xavier Savage and whether he will be fit for next week?
They're not going to know the answer to that tonight

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Begbie wrote: July 17, 2021, 8:47 pm
Billy Walker wrote: July 17, 2021, 8:39 pm Some lobster on Twitter complaining about how Kris passing to Savage for the try cost him $340 on his multi. You wouldn’t be happy haha
Its funny because it wasnt me, but id actually be spewing if I had that multi.
A former poster of this site, one of the gambling elites collected on a over 48.5/Raiders 13+/Savage Any time on that play.... that's gambling :lol:
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Really thought Young showed great form tonight after a terrible year so far from him. I have long advocated for him to be on the left, I think he should stay there.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Wiki Special wrote: July 17, 2021, 8:51 pm Really thought Young showed great form tonight after a terrible year so far from him. I have long advocated for him to be on the left, I think he should stay there.
He was very very good tonight
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

A word on Rapa's game. I reckon he was good yet again. He was asked to go to fullback for a time, while X took some time on the wing. He is just so whole hearted. A real team player. I know he has lost a yard in pace, but he still has plenty to offer the Raiders and he never gives up. I know he will have to retire at some point but I just love his commitment to the side. He puts his body on the line every week.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

RedRaider wrote: July 17, 2021, 8:54 pm A word on Rapa's game. I reckon he was good yet again. He was asked to go to fullback for a time, while X took some time on the wing. He is just so whole hearted. A real team player. I know he has lost a yard in pace, but he still has plenty to offer the Raiders and he never gives up. I know he will have to retire at some point but I just love his commitment to the side. He puts his body on the line every week.
Can’t disagree mate. I’m keen to see someone come up and make that jumper their own but till then Rapa is doing a strong job
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

RedRaider wrote: July 17, 2021, 8:54 pm A word on Rapa's game. I reckon he was good yet again. He was asked to go to fullback for a time, while X took some time on the wing. He is just so whole hearted. A real team player. I know he has lost a yard in pace, but he still has plenty to offer the Raiders and he never gives up. I know he will have to retire at some point but I just love his commitment to the side. He puts his body on the line every week.
Kudos to Rapana. He's like a good old Kelpie - loves to try his hardest. Such a good player,
jimmy82
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by jimmy82 »

Two moments that almost cost us the game but aside from these we were all over them.
1. Kicking for goal at 8-0 to make it 10-0
2. Semi catching the ball and going out over the sideline.

Only spot for whitehead is 13 IMO and Sutton on the bench as prop rotation. But what happens when starling comes on where does Hodgson go?
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Post by mick63 »

My word on Rapa.

Contract.

Get it done Don
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

On an unrelated note, my gosh this Melbourne Storm team has to be one of those most dominant teams I have ever seen.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Raider47 wrote: July 17, 2021, 9:05 pm On an unrelated note, my gosh this Melbourne Storm team has to be one of those most dominant teams I have ever seen.
Outrageous football team
This is bellemy’s masterpiece
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

mick63 wrote: July 17, 2021, 9:02 pm

My word on Rapa.

Contract.

Get it done Don
:thumbsup abso frickin lutely
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Just wait until that fraud Bellemy (sic) loses Slater, Smith, Cronk, and Inglis. He'll be shown up for the talentless hack he really is.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Mercury wrote: July 17, 2021, 9:06 pm
mick63 wrote: July 17, 2021, 9:02 pm

My word on Rapa.

Contract.

Get it done Don
:thumbsup abso frickin lutely
I’d think we need more head less head sort of thinking before we go too far with this
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Raider47 wrote: July 17, 2021, 9:05 pm On an unrelated note, my gosh this Melbourne Storm team has to be one of those most dominant teams I have ever seen.
They are gonna end up on some insane f/a
Bloody_Burnham
Terry Campese

Post by Bloody_Burnham »

Toviii wrote: July 17, 2021, 8:29 pm Any word in the press conference about Xavier Savage and whether he will be fit for next week?
Ricky said in the presser a few players were banged up and we might see some new faces with the short turnaround against Parra. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jack, Savage, Papalii get a rest next week.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Canberra Milk wrote: July 17, 2021, 7:46 pm
Botman wrote: July 17, 2021, 7:35 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: July 17, 2021, 7:32 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: July 17, 2021, 7:29 pm
Billy Walker wrote: July 17, 2021, 7:26 pm Few people on here were outraged that we would throw Savage to the wolves at fullback without a good 4 or 5 on the wing…. Still think that???
haha. When I suggested he should be on the bench very early on this year when Aekins was fullback everyone was saying how he should have one year of NSW Cup.

Big difference hey between Savage and Aekins

They compared him to Belcher and Dugan on fox but I think he's more Mullins
I don't want to talk too early but he reminds me of Billy Slater
I dont want to **** on the kid because the moment i saw a highlight of him i was all in
But if he's going to be a long term fullback, he needs ball playing... with time he'll improve as a last line defender but that's never going to be his game

It's this simple for me... if he can develop ball playing, he's a fullback, if he cant, he's a damn good winger.
Not often I disagree with you bot but he is too good to play wing. There are few guys whose ballplaying is so good that it would warrant supplanting him at #1 and taking him out of the game... you won't suffer in attack with X at the back
Defintely agree with Botman. Great game, brilliant, highly exciting prospect... but I just don't see him as a fullback.

Playing Savage at fullback would be no different to playing Addo-Carr there. Addo-Carr would do very similar things in the position, but even better at this point in their respective careers. It'd be a waste though. A guy like Savage is potentially a 15+ try a season player. What helps the Storm so dangerous is Addo-Carr sticking wide and on his wing, receiving the ball in space where he uses his greatest asset to full effect. Our game has to change under Vlandysball, and if/when it does, Savage is the type of player that will give us huge advantage.

The sniffing up the ruck stuff is something he can still do as a winger. Plenty of outside backs do it. I must note too that he didn't trail up there much from the second half onwards (could've been fitness - that Wighton try had him well behind the ruck when he received the ball), and his defensive positioning probably left a lot to be desired.

This guy to me is a player born to score tries, not set them up.
Last edited by afgtnk on July 17, 2021, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Ricky’s presser gave me the impression Rapa wasn’t asked but just did it because he could see Xavage* needed a spell. Bit like the point in the Sportress article during the week about how Rapa supported him last week. Just a legend.

* I’ve been pioneering ‘Xavage’ among my mates but this is it’s offical public debut. I’ll await consensus about it’s awesomeness.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Ruben Daley wrote: July 17, 2021, 9:24 pm
Ricky’s presser gave me the impression Rapa wasn’t asked but just did it because he could see Xavage* needed a spell. Bit like the point in the Sportress article during the week about how Rapa supported him last week. Just a legend.

* I’ve been pioneering ‘Xavage’ among my mates but this is it’s offical public debut. I’ll await consensus about it’s awesomeness.
I like X Man
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

afgtnk wrote: July 17, 2021, 9:23 pm Defintely agree with Botman. Great game, brilliant, highly exciting prospect... but I just don't see him as a fullback.

Playing Savage at fullback would be no different to playing Addo-Carr there. Addo-Carr would do very similar things in the position, but even better at this point in their respective careers. It'd be a waste though. A guy like Savage is potentially a 15+ try a season player. What helps the Storm so dangerous is Addo-Carr sticking wide and on his wing, receiving the ball in space where he uses his greatest asset to full effect. Our game has to change under Vlandysball, and if/when it does, Savage is the type of player that will give us huge advantage.

The sniffing up the ruck stuff is something he can still do as a winger. Plenty of outside backs do it. I must note too that he didn't trail up there much from the second half onwards (could've been fitness - that Wighton try had him well behind the ruck when he received the ball), and his defensive positioning probably left a lot to be desired.

This guy to me is a player born to score tries, not set them up.
You're off the mark here. He'll make a career out of starting things, not finishing them. That is the (very) big difference between him and Addo-Carr
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

-PJ- wrote: July 17, 2021, 7:44 pm Xavier Savage/Morgan Harper..same father.
Its his brother from another mother.