18%
Eels 13+
36%

Total votes: 11

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Re: 2021 Rd 19 V Eels: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by RedRaider »

Extremely sad news about Xaviers shoulder. Season ending injury when such promise shown. I didn't expect Jack to play after the way he looked in our last match. Five day turnaround would not have helped but I reckon he was always doubtful for this weekend. Our pack is fine but so is there's. King Gutho will be licking his lips at our disrupted backline.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Why did Ricky put savage back at fullback after he got hurt. That tackle from Williams which I think was on purpose looked to do the extra damage.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

As good a team as can be expected. Good to see Timoko and HSS in the 17

A close game would be a good result
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

radicalraider wrote: July 20, 2021, 6:02 pm Why did Ricky put savage back at fullback after he got hurt. That tackle from Williams which I think was on purpose looked to do the extra damage.
"Extra damage". Is that your expert diagnosis?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I don't think he did put him back there. Rapana and Savage were there to work that one out just like they work out when Savage heads to the wing for a rest. Savage decided to stay on after talking to the trainer a few times so if he's looking for someone to blame, which I'd say he definitely isn't, it's his own enthusiasm.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

zim wrote: July 20, 2021, 6:10 pm I don't think he did put him back there. Rapana and Savage were there to work that one out just like they work out when Savage heads to the wing for a rest. Savage decided to stay on after talking to the trainer a few times so if he's looking for someone to blame, which I'd say he definitely isn't, it's his own enthusiasm.
Coach oversees everything. Rickys at fault.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Ricky oversees medical professionals?

That's a new one

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Emre Guler relishing new role as Ricky Stuart's go-to man

Emre Guler has embraced his new starting role at the Raiders, and the talented prop is keen to make every minute count.

"The more time I get out there the more things I can pick up on and learn off the experienced players, like Papa and Hodgy [Josh Hodgson] especially, they've been doing it for years so just learning little things off them has been helping me," Guler said. "I like starting, you just get straight into the game. Sometimes when you wait on the bench, sometimes your nerves you can waste a bit of energy.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

HSS marking Sivo on the wing. That is a tough assignment. Welcome back Harley. I'm looking forward to watching you play.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

radicalraider wrote: July 20, 2021, 6:29 pm
zim wrote: July 20, 2021, 6:10 pm I don't think he did put him back there. Rapana and Savage were there to work that one out just like they work out when Savage heads to the wing for a rest. Savage decided to stay on after talking to the trainer a few times so if he's looking for someone to blame, which I'd say he definitely isn't, it's his own enthusiasm.
Coach oversees everything. Rickys at fault.
Absolute nonsense. The coach refers medical matters to his medical staff. If the staff and player are telling him that they're ok to stay out there he's going to take that advice.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: July 20, 2021, 6:09 pm
radicalraider wrote: July 20, 2021, 6:02 pm Why did Ricky put savage back at fullback after he got hurt. That tackle from Williams which I think was on purpose looked to do the extra damage.
Yeah im not understand how we've got to this point where there was extra damage
He came out of that play clutching his shoulder and it hang the rest of the game... my unexpert opinion would be he probably properly **** his shoulder in that incident. His season ending injury i would say was likely sustained in that incident
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Botman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: July 20, 2021, 6:09 pm
Yeah im not understand how we've got to this point where there was extra damage
He came out of that play clutching his shoulder and it hang the rest of the game... my unexpert opinion would be he probably properly **** his shoulder in that incident. His season ending injury i would say was likely sustained in that incident
Doctor: Your AC is ****, you won't do any other damage we can needle it, but I wouldn't recommend it

Player: **** that, just needle it so I can play

Likely conversation

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

He did it in the second half didnt he?
Dont think they needled it... they probably didnt have much idea of the damage, that sort of thing is extremely hard to diagnose without scans etc... That tackle could have been a "stinger" or something more serious. You can only go off thre player unless there is something obvious.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

At least this gives us more time to think of a proper nickname for the kid.

XavSav ain't cuttin' it for mine.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Azza wrote: July 20, 2021, 7:47 pm At least this gives us more time to think of a proper nickname for the kid.

After copping the injury he's a battered sav
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
lomax
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by lomax »

would have played James in front of Sia.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Azza wrote: July 20, 2021, 7:47 pm At least this gives us more time to think of a proper nickname for the kid.

Weapon X was a good one i thought.
But he's gotta be elite to earn that one
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

X Factor

radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Ex raider.. when Rooster$ call
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

I reckon he should just be called “Tiny”. I mean the blokes initials are XS.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

lomax wrote: July 20, 2021, 8:30 pm would have played James in front of Sia.
Not sure James will be still with us by this time next week.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Bay53 wrote:
Based on our injury run I'd be hanging on to him, at least for the rest of this season

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Bay53 wrote: July 20, 2021, 10:02 pm
We're going to lose ANOTHER player Bay53? You don't usually speculate so I take it Sticky has dusted off the overhead projector (donated to him as a parting gift from the Eels) and run a ruler through those he does not consider part of the Raiders future. Hopefully along with the departures there will be some NEW signings coming our way.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@RedRaider The reports have been around for a while. Today: https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p1817248
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

On another note there is something I find aggravating about the nickname “King Gutho”.

What has the bloke actually done? Been an above average FGer for a couple years and played a couple Origins.

Even Lebron back pre 2012 used to get pilloried as “King without a Ring” despite being far and away the best player in the league for years. And clearly a generational talent to boot.

Gutherson isn’t even close to that level.

Hand in the moniker son. We can talk about returning it once you actually win something.
Up The Milk
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Mickey_Raider wrote:On another note there is something I find aggravating about the nickname “King Gutho”.

What has the bloke actually done? Been an above average FGer for a couple years and played a couple Origins.

Even Lebron back pre 2012 used to get pilloried as “King without a Ring” despite being far and away the best player in the league for years. And clearly a generational talent to boot.

Hand in the moniker son. We can talk about returning it once you actually win something.
didn't he nickname himself "King"?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Mickey_Raider wrote: July 21, 2021, 4:22 am On another note there is something I find aggravating about the nickname “King Gutho”.

Coz He's got long blonde hair and blue eyes
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

How does one buy tickets to this **** show?
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Makaveli wrote: July 21, 2021, 9:14 am How does one buy tickets to this **** show?
Go on sale today
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Mickey_Raider wrote: July 21, 2021, 4:22 am On another note there is something I find aggravating about the nickname “King Gutho”.

Quality footballer. Would love him here
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: July 21, 2021, 9:42 am
Makaveli wrote: July 21, 2021, 9:14 am How does one buy tickets to this **** show?
Go on sale today
Ok, thanks
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Botman wrote: July 20, 2021, 8:55 pm

Weapon X was a good one i thought.
But he's gotta be elite to earn that one
is it to early to go with Saviour Savage?
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

"King Gutho" is no different to how people here call Sutton "Suttgod". Fans appreciate his effort and carefactor - it's not because he's actually Wally Lewis-esque, that should be obvious
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders king of patience Matt Frawley ready for rare NRL chance against Parramatta Eels

If patience was a church, Matt Frawley would be its patron saint. The Raiders half will play just his third NRL match in three years on Thursday when he deputises for injured five-eighth Jack Wighton.

"Last year when the boys couldn't play, the NSW Cup boys didn't get football, there was a lot of scrimmage work they had preparing our NRL team. Him and Frawls do have a good combination because of that work they've done on the training field."

Canberra Raiders living next door to Parramatta Eels in NRL's Queensland Covid hub

The resurgent Raiders are hoping to upset their new Gold Coast neighbours when they take on competition heavyweights Parramatta at Cbus Super Stadium on Thursday night.

"We've got five teams here and you see each team every day, whether you're going into recovery at the pool, whether you're going to the gymnasium, whether you're getting on or off a bus you bump into each other," Raiders coach Ricky Stuart said.

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders go into their Round 19 clash against the Parramatta Eels having lost all four games against top four opposition in 2021. Jamie Soward previews the match: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/21/eel ... -round-19/

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has delivered his final word ahead of tomorrow's match with the Eels: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/07 ... pposition/

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart provides some good news on injured five-eighth Jack Wighton and expresses his faith in a reshuffled side ahead of a crunch game against the Eels: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/21/wig ... -for-eels/

VIDEO: Behind the Limelight: Raiders wellbeing manager Andrew Bishop: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2021/07 ... w-bishop2/
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Makaveli wrote: July 21, 2021, 10:19 am
LimeGreenMachine wrote: July 21, 2021, 9:42 am
Go on sale today
Ok, thanks
Last week they oy sold Western stand. This time it looks like onmy Eastern stand available. They must want the crowd to be seen by TV cameras.