Eels 13+
11%

Total votes: 9

Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2021 Rd 19 V Eels: Game Day

Post by Thomas Raider »

We do look better without Jack I'm afraid. He can be on the bench next week,sorry Sia
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

gergreg wrote: July 22, 2021, 11:01 pm
zim wrote:
gergreg wrote: July 22, 2021, 10:40 pm I've given it to Sammy in the past but that was a great defensive effort from him tonight. Really put his body on the line, well done.
He played well, but were you yelling at the TV like I was when he was headed towards that loose ball? It's like time slows down haha.
Nah.. that Brown offside, no call nearly tipped me over the edge. If we lost that game after that decision I honestly don't know what I'd have done.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Absolute horrible call that. Would love to hear the explanation from the NRL to justify it. Fortunately didn't cost us the win.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Proud of the team and to be a Raiders supporter tonight. Gritty win based on defence.

Tapine, Rapa and CHN were very impressive.

I really like what HSS provided. These young players coming through like Savage, Timoko and HSS can make the grade.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Seiffert82 wrote:
afgtnk wrote: July 22, 2021, 9:47 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: July 22, 2021, 9:43 pm We don't deserve to lose this.
Bull we don't

We've been hanging on for dear life this entire half
That's true. Sam Williams did everything he possibly could to lose us that game with the terrible field goal attempt.

See what I did there? Exactly the sort of thing you do every time you come into this forum.

It's easy to be a negative ****. Keep taking that easy path champion, it suits you.
Your on the money Seiffert82, afgBrookstnk loves a beat down.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

gergreg wrote: July 22, 2021, 11:01 pm
zim wrote:
gergreg wrote: July 22, 2021, 10:40 pm I've given it to Sammy in the past but that was a great defensive effort from him tonight. Really put his body on the line, well done.
He played well, but were you yelling at the TV like I was when he was headed towards that loose ball? It's like time slows down haha.
Nah.. that Brown offside, no call nearly tipped me over the edge. If we lost that game after that decision I honestly don't know what I'd have done.
Oh man I was pacing in front of the tv with that call. Can't believe it was given.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: July 22, 2021, 11:10 pm Proud of the team and to be a Raiders supporter tonight. Gritty win based on defence.

I really like what HSS provided. These young players coming through like Savage, Timoko and HSS can make the grade.
Wait until you see Trey Mooney, I feel that he might be the most promising of the lot.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Seiffert82 wrote:
Bull we don't

That's true. Sam Williams did everything he possibly could to lose us that game with the terrible field goal attempt.

See what I did there? Exactly the sort of thing you do every time you come into this forum.

It's easy to be a negative ****. Keep taking that easy path champion, it suits you.
He had to take that shot

He missed
Not great but the right play in the sitter were in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Cranky Old Man wrote: July 22, 2021, 11:29 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: July 22, 2021, 11:10 pm Proud of the team and to be a Raiders supporter tonight. Gritty win based on defence.

Wait until you see Trey Mooney, I feel that he might be the most promising of the lot.
Really looking forward to that debut too.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Cranky Old Man wrote:

From what I’ve heard (and that’s all) I can’t wait too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 22, 2021, 10:56 pm
Bull we don't

The try that he set up broke the deadlock, put us on the front foot, and ultimately proved crucial in the victory. Field goal attempt in that position was 100% the right call.

Pick the ball out of your net there son - that's a quality own goal.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

afgtnk wrote: July 22, 2021, 11:35 pm
Bull we don't

The try that he set up broke the deadlock, put us on the front foot, and ultimately proved crucial in the victory. Field goal attempt in that position was 100% the right call.

As per usual you completely miss the point.

It's like conversing with a lamp post.
Westsydneyraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Westsydneyraider »

Completely agree with the cudos for HSS, considering he has played bugger all in the last 18 months due to injury and reserves being cancelled cannot be underestimated.
He had massive massive raps as a junior and hopefully can resign.
I’m a huuuuuuuge fan
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 22, 2021, 11:40 pm
Bull we don't

Yeah.... nah. Don't think so.

That you would state something like that, whether it's stated as a serious point or to take the piss out of someone, ultimately reveals that it's a belief you hold from what you've observed. That you've seemingly only used it facetiously does not alter the point.

As per usual, you've been outsmarted. Again :lol:
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

I'm stoked! Been in and out of Queensland today, beat the lockdown (travelling from NSW to NSW via two other **** states /territories thanks airlines) and saw us win against the odds!

I really hate to point this out but we are winning since Croker came back.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

afgtnk wrote: July 22, 2021, 11:44 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: July 22, 2021, 11:40 pm

Bull we don't

Yeah.... nah. Don't think so.

That you would state something like that, whether it's stated as a serious point or to take the piss out of someone, ultimately reveals that it's a belief you hold from what you've observed. That you've seemingly only used it facetiously does not alter the point.

As per usual, you've been outsmarted. Again :lol:
What the **** are you on about?

I'm pointing out how easy it is for you to be a negative ****. Setting up an agenda and constantly making **** comments about players. Simple as that.

Outsmarted again. **** me. What is wrong with you?

Ooof. Back of the net. You hate to see it. Blah blah blah. Get your own schtick.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

And I'm pointing out a belief you have about the game is completely **** stupid, as is most things you post Rugby League related.

Ball son, pick it out.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

PerthRaider86 wrote:
The Greenhouse wrote: July 22, 2021, 8:12 pm 15th min PENALTY EELS for a shoulder charge from Ryan Sutton on Campbell-Gillard. And now Clint Gutherson knocks on, cold.
It was Tapine, not Sutton
Think you might find Tapine shoulder charged Ryan Sutton!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

afgtnk wrote: July 22, 2021, 11:50 pm And I'm pointing out a belief you have about the game is completely **** stupid, as is most things you post Rugby League related.

Ball son, pick it out.
I'm sorry, but if it's rugby league related, what is this net you refer to? In fact what are you on about?
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Watching the game again - was at work with the game on, and at dinner at a restaurant with the computer showing the footy - people looking at me quizzically.

Shout out to Starling as well for his defence; we look good when he came on again. He stopped Lane in he first half coming through. Young's defence was good. I like what Semi provided as well and good defence on Ferguson except the second half stuff up. He needs to practice taking high bombs but I like his involvement and metres. I thought Frawley's defence was good, and Sammy tried hard as well. Kris played well.

But really proud of the team to play with so much commitment, energy, line speed. Particularly with Papa and Sutton injured and all our other players out. Onwards and upwards !
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Lui_Bon wrote: July 22, 2021, 11:46 pm I'm stoked! Been in and out of Queensland today, beat the lockdown (travelling from NSW to NSW via two other **** states /territories thanks airlines) and saw us win against the odds!

Croker's defence was good, the Parra new centre looked good, Croker was only pushed off once, but he didn't offer much in attack. In fact when the ball goes to Young along the backline, he skips in field and doesn't use Croker. He's done that two weeks in a row now. I think at this stage, HSS and Timoko are better options than him at centre. Kris as well as he shows more in attack. HSS can also play wing and I think he's shown more than Bailey in that position. Happy for the victory but Ricky has some tough decisions to make.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: July 23, 2021, 12:08 am
Lui_Bon wrote: July 22, 2021, 11:46 pm I'm stoked! Been in and out of Queensland today, beat the lockdown (travelling from NSW to NSW via two other **** states /territories thanks airlines) and saw us win against the odds!

Croker's defence was good, the Parra new centre looked good, Croker was only pushed off once, but he didn't offer much in attack. In fact when the ball goes to Young along the backline, he skips in field and doesn't use Croker. He's done that two weeks in a row now. I think at this stage, HSS and Timoko are better options than him at centre. Kris as well as he shows more in attack. HSS can also play wing and I think he's shown more than Bailey in that position. Happy for the victory but Ricky has some tough decisions to make.
Jeez yeah I disagree with nothing you say. I'd like to pretend it's something about correlation not being causation but it was really just an aside, sans analysis, that the team seems to be performing better with Croker out there. Regardless of his individual performance, which tonight was ok - good in defence, ordinary at best in attack, but a lot of the rest of the squad would appear to be better.

Also if I'm hearing the bamford properly, he didn't seem to know who was the captain. That shouldn't be helping.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

It was a great game tonight. The tension was similar to 2016 Prelim Final, 2019 GF, and last year's game v Roosters at the SCG. I really thought we were dead when that Gutherson ball went to Sivo, and then I was worried about a penalty try for a shoulder charge. Well done Rapana and HSS for stopping him. Shocking Perenara bunker decision to allow the Sivo try, I thought Dylan Brown was offside. We have already been dudded with the Nth Qld match when Justin O'Neill scored off that kick but looked offside. Will be watching Annelsey's explanation on Monday.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

My heart was beating fast for most of the second half. A long time since I was that nervous! Used to happen every game when I was younger, but I became inured to defeat. Superb win.

Johno
David Furner

Post by Johno »

Still on a high, that was edge of the seat stuff.

They all played well, thought it was a toss up CHN or Rapa, but Rapa was MOM, dont forget his tippy toe kick inside to stay infield to stop the 40-20, he makes you curse him but damn you gotta love him. Hes not there for that last tackle we lose.

Semi is another you curse but hes getting more involved and doesnt shirk. For all his abuse by some here Croker went ok, I have a feeling he may be biding his time and may well pass the torch to the young kids.

Starling....defended awesome...great game, Hodgo except for those early frikkin kicks !!
Tapine was damaging as was Sia, the hit on Gutho....

Sam and Frawley put their body on the line, couple of dumb errors Sam but no doubting his spirit.

I wont mention all although im close, but what a great night to be a Raiders fan.

Enjoy guys...most of us will.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

greeneyed wrote: July 23, 2021, 12:23 am My heart was beating fast for most of the second half. A long time since I was that nervous! Used to happen every game when I was younger, but I became inured to defeat. Superb win.

Agreed. And since I just read this on another website, let us all hope for such cromulence:
"Great comment, well thought out and magnamonious in defeat."
Johno
David Furner

Post by Johno »

Bull we don't

I love Sammy, his love for the Raiders is refreshing but you could turn me off anyone.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Starling's defence was terrific. Great front on defence. I like how he was trailing through the Rapa break in the 2nd half as well. So too CHN and Young - they tackled anything that moved. Shout out to Rapa stopping Papalii close to the line.

Great ball from Sammy to CHN - what a nice pass. Frawley was in everything - he mopped up well and had solid defence.

Timoko had only 7 mins but his runs remind me of To'o with the leg drive and quick play the balls. Played in the middle as well and defended well.

Rapa's best game of the year, so too Tapine's.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

greeneyed wrote: July 23, 2021, 12:23 am My heart was beating fast for most of the second half. A long time since I was that nervous! Used to happen every game when I was younger, but I became inured to defeat. Superb win.

Mine too. Im at work and I was really on the edge of my seat , told my work mate my heart was racing. Superb win , deserved win .
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just watched the Nine version on replay. Fair dinkum… they were like an Eels cheer squad. Barely recognised Brown could have been offside in chasing the kick that led to the second Eels try. Then they were going on about how Rapana didn’t wrap his arms in the try saver. Guys… it wasn’t a shoulder charge! You can’t possibly wrap the arms when your shoulder or arms are nowhere near the point of contact. There’s no such thing as a “hip charge”. Seriously!

Pretty sure they didn’t even mention Croker equaled the point scoring record of Thurston. With Thurston in commentary! Maybe they just preferred to ignore it.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

How are Eels fans seriously thinking they were hard done by. Nothing illegal in Raps tackle , no knees , no shoulder charge , no contact with the head.
Then the try when a player is at least 1m off side , well within the 10m and runs to the defender catching the ball. He is not passive offside , plain old offside.
Chicka Chicka Chicka
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

A special moment seeing Gutherson celebrating arms raised as Sivo received the ball well before the line thinking the winning try was a mere formality….then to see sad face as Rapa ruined his night…
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

I haven't been attacked by a leopard since Croker came back either...
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: July 23, 2021, 2:23 am How are Eels fans seriously thinking they were hard done by. Nothing illegal in Raps tackle , no knees , no shoulder charge , no contact with the head.
Then the try when a player is at least 1m off side , well within the 10m and runs to the defender catching the ball. He is not passive offside , plain old offside.
Brown actually directly impedes Young from getting to the contest- Young is alert to the ball being popped out the back and stats moving behind the "ruck" (ball contest?) and toward the sideline where the play is going to go... but bumps into Brown and then has to go around him, then is 1-2m short of reaching SIvo... Brown was absolutely involved in the play.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Henry Perenara..😜

You are aces my friend.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I know circumstances have forced the hand of selection, but how refreshing is it to see young blokes out there having a go and older blokes like Rapa and Taps giving them something positive to look at along side them. Still elated with the effort which was missing in the earlier rounds as the second half fade outs happened week after week. None of that the past few weeks. Great to see.