All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Re: Xavier Savage out for the season

Post by Ultima »

-TW- wrote: July 20, 2021, 6:33 pm
Ultima wrote:And this is why we need to sack idiots like Stuart who leave injured players out there and then go on about how "proud" they are for them "sticking tough"... Yeah great... So glad we let a 19 year old make a decision about a medical issue which undoubtable made it worse...
Cause we don't have doctors or physios or anyone to make that call

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
We do, and obviously they should be sacked with him, but it's the entire stupid attitude of "sticking tough" and dumb **** calls like that don't help.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

greeneyed wrote: July 20, 2021, 2:41 pm This season...

We really can't have nice things...
The beer in my hand is a nice thing, I reckon season 2022 will be much kinder
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

greeneyed wrote: July 20, 2021, 2:41 pm This season...

We really can't have nice things...
The beer in my hand is a nice thing, I reckon season 2022 will be much kinder
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Canberra Milk wrote: July 20, 2021, 2:28 pm
Botman wrote: July 20, 2021, 2:15 pm
IBG wrote: July 20, 2021, 2:07 pm It sucks, not only because he clearly added a spark to our team, but if he had a really good end to the season in the fullback role then I could see CNK being moved to the centres next year at the expense of Savage.

Because of this, CNK will now start the year at fullback and Savage will be 'eased back into FG' like Timoko and play a handful of games next year on the wing where he will be under-utilised.

I could be wrong, but tell me the above isn't classic Rocky Stewart.
That's the sticky MO for sure
He should pot commit here... Get savage out of the bubble and down to get that shoulder sorted ASAP, and basically tell him the fullback spot is his next year and we'll see how he goes.
Let him stay in Queensland with his fam, he comes across as someone who wouldn't do well couped up
Agree with that CM. There must be some medical protocol that the NRL have put in place for the time the players are in Qld. When there is family support, then have the operation North of the border and be surrounded by your family. Sounds eminently sensible. Most seem to have a 6 months recovery time from an AC operation. The sooner he has the op the sooner he can begin recovery.
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Ultima wrote: July 20, 2021, 6:31 pm And this is why we need to sack idiots like Stuart who leave injured players out there and then go on about how "proud" they are for them "sticking tough"... Yeah great... So glad we let a 19 year old make a decision about a medical issue which undoubtable made it worse...
To be fair he didn't really have a choice as Jack had just come off.

In saying that, I have no doubt (due to all my medical expertise......) that the tackle a Sharks player did on him after the injury was obvious, did way more damage and probably contributed to the seriousness of the injury. It was like a judo style throw/tackle and he landed on his shoulder so hard. It was a legal tackle btw, but yeah that definitely made it worse.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Should have been taken off when injured.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

I am entirely unsurprised.

You just had to look how slight he is, and how hard he runs at the defence, to feel he had a major injury coming his way at some point in the near future.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah Brett Mullins would have been lucky to survive 3 games in the modern era aye.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Good luck to the lad! Given he can’t do much else for the next little while I’d encourage the kid to put a bit of extra effort into that moustache. It’s currently a cricket moustache (ie - it has 11 on each side) grown in the Bondi style (ie- it’s far from Manly) :roflmao
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

It's always a concern when young players get these type of injuries. I (obviously) hope he bounces back bigger and better next season.