2019 Grand Final replay

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

2019 Grand Final replay

Post by mick63 »

I think I’ll be able to watch it but only after the Raiders win one. I bet I’m not alone among supporters. A mate of mine still can’t watch the 89 GF.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2019 GF Replay

Post by Botman »

I saw it live. Have since watched the highlights maybe twice and regretted it both times.
Cant imagine ever watching the entire game again
Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

Was there. That was enough. Haven't watched it back or seen highlights.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Seeing it in person was bad enough. I don't think I could ever watch it again.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I was there. I've watched the replay. Watched highlights a couple of times. What might have been :cry:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I was there, I've seen it enough

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Was there and have watched a replay at least once.

Highly recommend it tbh. They were the better team on the night and but we were COMING FOR THEM that second half. There's so much to be proud of watching it back. Fantastic Grand Final

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2019 Grand Final replay

Post by greeneyed »

Have watched it more than once. You need repeat viewings to pick up everything.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Other than the snippets shown online with '6 again' and 'Trainergate' I've not even watched a highlights package. I have no intention of reliving the pain.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

No thanks.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Nup, saw it on the night, haven't watched it since. Would have been easier had we got thrashed.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Azza wrote:Nup, saw it on the night, haven't watched it since. Would have been easier had we got thrashed.
I turned up thinking we were going to get belted, hurt more we got so close

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I've watched it a fair few times. The result sucked but the performance was really, really good. Viking clap was next level too.

It reminds me of how good that whole day was. The sea of green at the Olympic Stadium before the game was incredible. Never thought I'd ever see something like that. The atmosphere after the game was the weirdest thing too. Most of the Roosters fans knew they didn't deserve that premiership.

The boys should be proud of that performance. A Leilua pass here, Tapine tackle there, the 6 again, trainergate...we could have won that game so many times.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

60k people belting out the Green Machine was pretty special

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 26, 2021, 7:47 am I've watched it a fair few times. The result sucked but the performance was really, really good. Viking clap was next level too.

It reminds me of how good that whole day was. The sea of green at the Olympic Stadium before the game was incredible. Never thought I'd ever see something like that. The atmosphere after the game was the weirdest thing too. Most of the Roosters fans knew they didn't deserve that premiership.

The boys should be proud of that performance. A Leilua pass here, Tapine tackle there, the 6 again, trainergate...we could have won that game so many times.
The trainer incident was the most annoying thing for me and put us behind early on. I understand the rule which was stupid to being with, but the baldy guy should never have been there in the first place.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

There is a google link to the NRL website but it doesn't work. I was there but watched it later to go through everything to see just how much we were robbed... There are so many things which got missed it's not funny and it's a disgrace that either ref weren't banned for life because of it. A lot of it was overshadowed by the bigger mistakes but even the little ones **** me. The took their conversion kicks much closer to the post than the tries were scored, the Roosters caught a live ball as it bounced over the dead ball line yet we had to do a drop out, etc.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I thought every Grand Final was available on NRL.com, but this list only goes up to 2018 for some reason: https://www.nrl.com/tv/grand-final/

They do have a "mini" but that's only nine minutes: https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/telstra- ... v-raiders/
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 26, 2021, 7:47 am It reminds me of how good that whole day was. The sea of green at the Olympic Stadium before the game was incredible. Never thought I'd ever see something like that. The atmosphere after the game was the weirdest thing too. Most of the Roosters fans knew they didn't deserve that premiership.
The memory of rising up out of the train station into a sea of green and a spontaneous Viking Clap starting at one of the bars will always, always make me smile. Raiders jerseys as far as the eye could see.

The drive up the highway, with flags and scarves and stickers on display. Stopping at Marulan and walking into a huge group of Raiders fans.

There was absolutely nothing like that day.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

raiderskater wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: July 26, 2021, 7:47 am It reminds me of how good that whole day was. The sea of green at the Olympic Stadium before the game was incredible. Never thought I'd ever see something like that. The atmosphere after the game was the weirdest thing too. Most of the Roosters fans knew they didn't deserve that premiership.
The memory of rising up out of the train station into a sea of green and a spontaneous Viking Clap starting at one of the bars will always, always make me smile. Raiders jerseys as far as the eye could see.

The drive up the highway, with flags and scarves and stickers on display. Stopping at Marulan and walking into a huge group of Raiders fans.

Yeah, it was pretty cool. Hopefully we get another crack at it soon...give this year a miss...maybe when this COVID thing settles down. :)

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 26, 2021, 8:56 pm
raiderskater wrote:

Yeah, it was pretty cool. Hopefully we get another crack at it soon...give this year a miss...maybe when this COVID thing settles down. :)

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
Yeah I look back on the day fondly, despite the result.

Every place I set foot that day, from the pub in the city, the train to Homebush, the Brewery at Homebush and the stadium was a complete Raiders takeover.

One thing I am certain of is that if and when we finally win the big one, the passion and emotion will be momentous.

Walking out of the stadium I couldn’t believe how “meh” the feeling was from Roosters fans.

They don’t have the same soul and passion that the Raiders fans do, and they never will.
Up The Milk
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 26, 2021, 7:47 am I've watched it a fair few times. The result sucked but the performance was really, really good. Viking clap was next level too.

Perfect summation. Even though it was gut wrenching I am glad my son and I were there the atmosphere was incredible.

That being said I can't watch it again :nooo