Wests Tigers go cold on Canberra Raiders' Curtis Scott

Post by -TW- »

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Re: Curtis Scott linked to immediate Tigers move

Post by Canberra Milk »

Woot...

This is what gets Madge in trouble though. Keeps thinking he can turn around bad eggs
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Brilliant Tigers recruitment again.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

First there's news that Ryan James and Dunamis Lui might go to Brisbane and now this. If Ricky is looking for some extra space under the salary cap to stage a big-time rebuild, he might have his wish.

I don't think we'd see Scott at his best this season anyway seeing as he now has the bloke whose nose he allegedly broke suing him. I think his case against the NSW Police is still pending as well. So, there's a fair bit of off-field distractions for him to deal with.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

yurithe1 wrote: July 28, 2021, 6:05 pm First there's news that Ryan James and Dunamis Lui might go to Brisbane and now this. If Ricky is looking for some extra space under the salary cap to stage a big-time rebuild, he might have his wish.
Provided we don't have to pay money to make it happen, we should definitely not be standing in the way of any of these deals...
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford

Post by Green Blogger »

BJ Leilua, James Roberts, Curtis Scott………….WINNING…….. :woot: :woot: :woot:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Green Blogger wrote:BJ Leilua, James Roberts, Curtis Scott………….WINNING…….. :woot: :woot: :woot:
Not Madge's fault but they've also got Mbye on 800k or thereabouts and Brooks on similar money.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders receive request for immediate release of Curtis Scott so he can join Wests Tigers

The Canberra Raiders have been approached with a request to release Curtis Scott to the Wests Tigers immediately. If a deal can be struck Scott could be available to play in the next fortnight.

“Agent Sam Ayoub contacted us on Tuesday night to discuss the possibility of Curtis going to the Wests Tigers,’’ Raiders coach Ricky Stuart said. “It’s been left with Tigers management to work with Don Furner to see if something can be worked out.”

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 15739f709f

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/28/roo ... ne-stocks/
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Canberra Raiders receive request for immediate release of Curtis Scott to Wests Tigers

Post by Billy Walker »

I think a move away from the bright lights and bad influences of Civic to the quiet backwater that is Sydney is just what Curtis needs.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Canberra Raiders receive request for immediate release of Curtis Scott to Wests Tigers

Post by Schifty »

I'm going to need a link to the tigers version of the GH..

The club must have thought this was the second prank call from the tigers in the space of a week.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Raiders should take it. We have plenty of young centres and he's expensive surplus.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I presume the Tigers are going to want us to pay freight (?). Hopefully the release request is unconditional.

The plus side for the Tigers is that he's quarantining in Canberra and can freely travel to Queensland from the ACT once the two weeks is up.

Clearly the Raiders don't want him to play for the club again... and I can only assume that the legal advice was that they weren't on firm ground in sacking him. Moving him on is the right call in my view.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Schifty wrote:I'm going to need a link to the tigers version of the GH..

The club must have thought this was the second prank call from the tigers in the space of a week.
https://weststigersforum.com/topic/2589 ... &page=6125

It's about 50/50 you're **** kidding me vs meh he's better than anyone else we have

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I've been wrong about this Scott situation from the jump, so dont mind me jumping in head first again but if it's at the point where Don and the Tigers are working out the finer details, it sounds like it's pretty well on its way to happening.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Let it never be doubted the genius that I am. I called this on the forum (taking the piss completely mind you) 3 days ago.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Azza wrote: July 28, 2021, 6:59 pm Let it never be doubted the genius that I am. I called this on the forum (taking the piss completely mind you) 3 days ago.
Still got it right more times than Radicalraider
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Seeyalader
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Bellyache's greatest offload may soon be Madge's project. As long as we are not required to pick up the majority of his costs then we can close the chapter and be Scott free. Make it happen DFJ.
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Curtis Scott for Daine Laurie.... Sounds fair, right??
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Post by mick63 »

RedRaider wrote: July 28, 2021, 7:47 pm Bellyache's greatest offload may soon be Madge's project. As long as we are not required to pick up the majority of his costs then we can close the chapter and be Scott free. Make it happen DFJ.
Raiders have to eat this one.Due diligence was lacking and pay what it costs to move him on.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

If the tigers are as petty as me, theyre going to verbally agree to pay full freight before laughing in our faces as they pull the deal.
Dont delete this GE
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Thank God for the tigers is all I'll say

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Well handled.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Wouldn't the storm still be paying freight on him for this season?

If we can ditch him before we pick up the tab, one might say we get off Scott free..

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

gergreg wrote: July 28, 2021, 6:35 pm
Green Blogger wrote:BJ Leilua, James Roberts, Curtis Scott………….WINNING…….. :woot: :woot: :woot:
Not Madge's fault but they've also got Mbye on 800k or thereabouts and Brooks on similar money.

Russell Packer on $750k too. They sure can spot value.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

This is only upside.

I'd be happy to pay 100% of his freight for this year. We're paying 100% of his salary as it is and he's not going to play for us, so what's the difference?

I just want the Tigers to get us out of paying him for 2022 and 2023. That's a good deal.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Northern Raider wrote:

Ivan Cleary **** their roster pretty bad

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-TW- wrote: July 28, 2021, 10:15 pm
Northern Raider wrote:

Ivan Cleary **** their roster pretty bad

Poisoned the well upon exit. Took a leaf from the Wayne Bennett manual.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Yeah, Chris Macqueen (spelling ?) was another wasn't he?

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

We can pay his freight under this year's cap, if we have the cap space. That's what Broncos did with Lodge apparently. Given George Williams left, I'm assuming we do have the cap space
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Ruben Daley wrote: July 28, 2021, 9:31 pm This is only upside.

I'd be happy to pay 100% of his freight for this year. We're paying 100% of his salary as it is and he's not going to play for us, so what's the difference?

I just want the Tigers to get us out of paying him for 2022 and 2023. That's a good deal.
Agreed. Let him go ASAP and pay him out for this year, Tigers to pick up his contract for next year and the year after.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

He’ll screw up before Xmas.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

RedRaider wrote: July 28, 2021, 7:47 pm Bellyache's greatest offload may soon be Madge's project. As long as we are not required to pick up the majority of his costs then we can close the chapter and be Scott free. Make it happen DFJ.
We're going to be paying a fair amount of the freight, unfortunately.
That is the cost of doing business with a player and contract you dont want.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

If we need to pay freight so be it, lets hope he signs with the Tigers and we can keep HSS.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I reckon we’ll be carrying a bit of his salary for the next two years. Hopefully nothing outrageous.