Roosters 13+
15%

Total votes: 13

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Re: 2021 Rd 25 V Roosters: Game Day

Post by Canberra Milk »

I don't have a problem with it. If you slide in and get there first, all good. If you slide in and get there late and hit the guy in the moosh, that's on you and a foul
Mullins_y2k
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Mullins_y2k »

This makes me feel slightly better...

1. Savage
2. HSS
3. CNK
4. Kris
5. Rapana
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Canberra Milk wrote: September 2, 2021, 9:55 pm
Green Taipan wrote: September 2, 2021, 9:54 pm think it is good to be comprehensively beaten so Ricky can't go around boasting of making the 8 or just missing out by one or two. He is an appalling coach and I doubt I will re-new my membership if he is still the coach next
Rest assured knowing that regardless of what happened tonight, he has the cub by the short and curlies and has the job as long as he wants
That's why I see no point in re-newing. Definition of a maniac, when nothing changes, to expect anything different to occur. Another decade for the master coach!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: September 3, 2021, 9:11 am
GreenMachine wrote: September 3, 2021, 8:17 am
Rickmando wrote: September 3, 2021, 6:43 am 25 rounds in and we are still playing like a bunch of strangers who only met on the team bus on the way to the game.

Where is there ANY evidence of coaching to improve this side over the last 25 rounds?

Rick - you can make all the excuses in the world, but until this club admits YOU are the problem and takes tough action, we are going to be also-rans.

But irrespective of the results, we will also continue be one of the worst teams in the comp to watch with this stone-aged, pig-headed coaching. Thanks Rick, this is by far the worst season I have endured as a Raiders fan, your awful brand of football has brought me almost zero joy.

My 33 years of membership is coming to an end, tonight. No regrets - I can’t support this buffoon and his protection racket of cronies any longer.
My sentiments exactly.
Agreed. Very depressing to be a Raiders supporter. My only hope - and it's illogical - is that 2014-15 were so bad but we still made the prelim in 2016 and were the second best side that year IMO, and 2017-18 likewise but we made the GF in 2019. But different players now.

Apologies everyone for some inappropriate heated comments on the thread last night, apologies to alphabet who I had a go at.
I'll be renewing my membership, but my God, this season killed my enthusiasm. In pre-COVID days, if I couldn't get out to a game, I'd be on the couch waving a Raiders flag, yelling at the TV, guzzling beer, and furious if I thought we weren't getting a fair go from the commentators. That was the during the pre-game. It got worse game time. There might have been tears.

I've been a fan since the very first home game at Seiffert and seen many highs and lows. It can get worse than this, but these days we have enough up and coming talent to prevent that happening. There are players who should be shown the door and glory be – their contracts run out this season. There's also the possibility that Croker will call it quits. No disgrace to go out holding all the club's point-scoring records and #3 (IIRC) in all-time NRL point-scoring. That's salary cap space to build on and God willing Peter Mullholland's health improves so he can grab this task by the scruff of the neck without any distractions. (Ricky, nod in agreement, Don Jnr, just sign the contracts and cheques).

We're stuck with Ricky as coach for the immediate future. However, Don Jnr sacked his own brother. That should give us all some hope if Ricky either doesn't get his act together or fails to appoint a new attacking coach. Speaking of Don Jnr, he is still better than some of his predecessors. For instance, he's never once said that low crowd numbers make it hardly worth opening the gates and they might consider moving games to the Central Coast. Also, IMHO, the board is better without John McIntyre there. They made the call on David Furner's future, albeit McIntyre had to agree to step aside for Ricky to agree to sign up..

Instead of writing, "Ricky must go", how about people put their collective heads together and come up with potential replacements should the day ever come. I've already come out and said I'd go for John Morris elsewhere. He turned a lacklustre Sharks team into consistent semi-finalists. He also played under Tim Sheens when they were at the Tigers. Close enough to a home town connection; maybe he has an aunt who lives in QBN too.

I'm not the optimist who sees a light at the end of the tunnel, nor am I the pessimist who thinks it's a train. I'm the train driver who thinks "what are those two fools doing in the tunnel?" and plows through to daylight as they get out of the way.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Mullins_y2k wrote: September 3, 2021, 11:26 am This makes me feel slightly better...

1. Savage
2. HSS
3. CNK
4. Kris
5. Rapana
Imagine this backline with a season under its belt and playing to its potential.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Thank **** that's over, worse than covid in your butt that season
This place is woke.
HoraceBigCigar
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Jason Croker

Post by HoraceBigCigar »

benda wrote: September 3, 2021, 3:24 pm
Mullins_y2k wrote: September 3, 2021, 11:26 am This makes me feel slightly better...

1. Savage
2. HSS
3. CNK
4. Kris
5. Rapana
Imagine this backline with a season under its belt and playing to its potential.

Imagine this backline after a year of doing hard yard hit ups and never seeing the ball in attack :hmmm
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Lui_Bon wrote: September 2, 2021, 10:40 pm
RedRaider wrote: September 2, 2021, 10:03 pm Saved our worst till last. Players like Savage very much needed for 2022. We just kept turning the footy over to the Chooks and they knew what to do with it. Poor defensive effort from too many players. Chooks 56% possession on the night and most of that was our poor handling. NRL stats say we made 15 errors in the match. It felt like more.
Well yes. But as I drank more it became harder to tell whether it was poor individual defence or a poor pattern - or is that it our 3/4 line don't know who's inside or outside them in any given half? Ahh I don't know.

Obviously individual errors are a bit of a bugger. I mean, who is going to take responsibility for Hudson Young throwing a dummy half pass at the toes of the recipient? Blame the player, sure, but why is he ever doing that? Do we have training drills that DON'T fall apart under pressure? Again, I don't know.

I wonder if picking 3 props to run on, and another 3 on the bench, might have anything at all to do with it. It's ok Red I'm not blaming you specifically!
Thanks for not blaming me Lui Bon. :) I think you make a great point about the reshuffling of the backline. Early in the season we were given lesson after lesson in having a 'back on the bench'. No back there last night and poor Valemei having a night to forget. Hudson Young into dummy half when I think there were 2 Raider hookers on the field at that time. Enthusiasm vs capability? Crikey what a night.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

As expected the Storm have beaten the Sharks. If we had beaten the Chooks last night we would have been playing finals footy. However it was the 'lead then lose' form of earlier in the season (and last night) which has really cost us. If the Titans can beat the Warriors by 12 they will be in the finals and knock the Sharks out of the play off rounds. Go the Titans.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

titans would be good to see, going for only their 2nd finals appearance I think

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

I think Titans are more likely than not to do it. But as with Titans fans I find Holbrook's recent team selections bizarre, going with Peachey at five-eighth, putting Fifita on the bench and dropping Marzhew. None of it worked vs Knights but he's persisted with it, and an odd time of the year to make changes

There was talk that Fogarty might struggle to make it back into the side when Sexton/Taylor were combining, now they're both punted and Fogarty is the only genuine half
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Fifita is the most infuriating player. Modern day Tony Williams. Can dominate if and when he wants to but an incredibly lazy player. They've wasted their money on him. Should have given Tino that money. Marzhew I agree shouldn't have been dropped. Improving every week and great with the tough carries.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

bonehead wrote: September 3, 2021, 10:00 pm titans would be good to see, going for only their 2nd finals appearance I think

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
No they have played more than that. There was a year very early where they made the prelim against the Brian Smith / Todd Carney Roosters.

Then there was a year where they played the Broncos and Gerry Sutton got the Broncos home.

Not sure if there were any more than those two.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

Titans played finals in 2010 and 2016.
Would like to see them get in.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

gergreg wrote: September 4, 2021, 12:32 am Fifita is the most infuriating player. Modern day Tony Williams. Can dominate if and when he wants to but an incredibly lazy player. They've wasted their money on him. Should have given Tino that money. Marzhew I agree shouldn't have been dropped. Improving every week and great with the tough carries.
First forward to get 15 tries in a year since Menzies. Not everyone is a workhorse. He's just better in open spaces, one on one etc, than in tight spaces
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

I have money on Titans making the 8 so go Titans
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Canberra Milk wrote:
gergreg wrote: September 4, 2021, 12:32 am Fifita is the most infuriating player. Modern day Tony Williams. Can dominate if and when he wants to but an incredibly lazy player. They've wasted their money on him. Should have given Tino that money. Marzhew I agree shouldn't have been dropped. Improving every week and great with the tough carries.
First forward to get 15 tries in a year since Menzies. Not everyone is a workhorse. He's just better in open spaces, one on one etc, than in tight spaces
I watch him closely as he's in my NRL CEO team and if he doesn't improve in the 'effort areas' his career will go the same way as Tony Williams and Dave Taylor.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

How would Titans benefit from him doing ugly hitups? They wouldn't. They benefit from him scoring and setting up tries

You can have thirteen Ryan Suttons, I'll have thirteen David Fifitas, my team will win 100-0
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Canberra Milk wrote:How would Titans benefit from him doing ugly hitups? They wouldn't. They benefit from him scoring and setting up tries

You can have thirteen Ryan Suttons, I'll have thirteen David Fifitas, my team will win 100-0
LOL... what has Sutton got to do with this comparison? My comparison was Tino and David. How would a 13 David's v 13 Tino's go? We both know the answer.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Has it occured to anyone else yet that Henry Perenara is the reason we won't be playing next weekend? God I hope he isn't reinstated next year.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: September 5, 2021, 2:05 pm Has it occured to anyone else yet that Henry Perenara is the reason we won't be playing next weekend? God I hope he isn't reinstated next year.
If it wasn’t for Chad Townsend’s kicking we would have been dead well before this weekend.

The fact is over 24 games, we won just 10 of them.

We don’t deserve to be playing next weekend.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Bay53 wrote: September 5, 2021, 2:17 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: September 5, 2021, 2:05 pm Has it occured to anyone else yet that Henry Perenara is the reason we won't be playing next weekend? God I hope he isn't reinstated next year.
If it wasn’t for Chad Townsend’s kicking we would have been dead well before this weekend.

100% agree we don't deserve it, but that doesn't excuse incompetent officiating.

If Townsend had kicked those goals and had them waved away that'd be a comparable point.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Titans leading by 16-0 at half time. I hope they are good front runners and not at all like us.

Early in the second half and Titans leading 22-0.

Titans have to win by 12 and they are now up 28-0.
Last edited by RedRaider on September 5, 2021, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Bay53 wrote: September 5, 2021, 2:17 pm

I don't disagree with you Bay53, but there is going to be one team make the finals this week with only 10 wins, it just won't be us.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It's difficult to know which would be more irritating. The Titans finishing eighth, or the Sharks.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Titans now leading 28-0 GE. They are looking more likely with less that 25 minutes left to play. I hope the Titans can get into the finals over the Sharks. Titans have not been there for a number of years. I don't expect them to progress very far but you never know until they play in the big games. I would love to see them knock the Chooks out in the first game, but that is just my conscious bias showing. :)
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Warriors have been an undisciplined joke over the last 15 minutes. Ref should have been binning more of them earlier.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Lodge has serious mental issues. NRL needs to sit him out for a while and Lodge needs to take time for complete brain re-wiring.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Titans lead 44 nil just before full time. Canberra Milk - I hope you've won a Motza.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

RedRaider wrote: September 5, 2021, 3:58 pm Titans lead 44 nil just before full time. Canberra Milk - I hope you've won a Motza.
😅 only $70 RR, I'll take it
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

CM - a nice little bonus on a Sunday after noon. Congratulations and well done. I laughed at Brad Fittler on the Sunday Footy Show today, he reckoned that the Chooks had gone from the second most hated team to one of the most popular due to the adversity they had overcome with all their injuries. Yeah, NAAHHHHHH
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Well done Titans. Deserve to be there much more than the Raiders this year.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

RedRaider wrote:CM - a nice little bonus on a Sunday after noon. Congratulations and well done. I laughed at Brad Fittler on the Sunday Footy Show today, he reckoned that the Chooks had gone from the second most hated team to one of the most popular due to the adversity they had overcome with all their injuries. Yeah, NAAHHHHHH
At least Fittler is still as insightful as he’s ever been.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Maybe so but the roosters have shown far more guts than us this year

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk