Assistant coach Brett White plans to remain with Green Machine

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders assistant coach Brett White plans to remain with the Green Machine after being linked to the Wests Tigers. Michael Maguire has managed to hold onto his job with the Tigers, but his assistants have been cleaned out opening up some opportunities.

"Currently going through that at the moment [contract talks with the Raiders] so that's an ongoing process," White said. "But I certainly haven't spoken to any other clubs."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Assistant coach Brett White plans to remain with Green Machine

Post by Botman »

ok.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Wonder if he will stay on as assistant when Simon Woolford becomes our next coach.
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: thurling

Post by exrefhollywood »

Time to get some new thinking in the club….thanks Brett best of luck
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

I have time for Betty.
No idea if he can coach, but I suspect he is at least competent
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I think he's a very good forwards coach but we'll see what happens next, I'd like to see a fresh face in even if it's Ennis on a full time deal

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Perhaps Brett White has more influence than I imagine. A former front row forward would emphasize the need to dominate in the middle of the park - Grindball if you will. While I appreciate the need to 'go forward' before spinning it wide it is largely backs who take the first hit ups after fielding a kick these days. it is different from a penalty tap but with the reduction in penalties due to the new rules the forwards seem to handle to ball less than the backs these days. Perhaps his influence on middle forwards also spilled over to the roster. I doubt we'll ever know for sure. It is ultimately Sticky's call on the roster he coaches.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Meh. We are crying out for some improved gameplans and fresh ideas. Either Brett doesn't have them or he can't get Ricky to listen to them. Our forwards progress has stalled- let's get someone new for them to learn from.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

RedRaider wrote: September 24, 2021, 7:01 am Perhaps Brett White has more influence than I imagine. A former front row forward would emphasize the need to dominate in the middle of the park - Grindball if you will. While I appreciate the need to 'go forward' before spinning it wide it is largely backs who take the first hit ups after fielding a kick these days. it is different from a penalty tap but with the reduction in penalties due to the new rules the forwards seem to handle to ball less than the backs these days. Perhaps his influence on middle forwards also spilled over to the roster. I doubt we'll ever know for sure. It is ultimately Sticky's call on the roster he coaches.
I doubt it. This is a style of football Stuart has coached his entire career, long before White came on board.
He seemed to transition away from it for a small period during the Mick Crowley years, but they reversed course and rightly so, at that time, that's the style that was most conducive to success, and we had success.

Funnily enough, someone like Mick Crowley would be worth his weight in gold in V'Landysball
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

It's Crawley.

And it's also Bellamy too btw.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Their names aren't important! What's important is these lads have fully developed ego integrity with well defined boundaries.
askljaka i am excited, i can sense a change in the air tonight.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

You know you really irritate me Botman. What with your excellent posture and all.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Azza wrote: September 24, 2021, 3:16 pm You know you really irritate me Botman. What with your excellent posture and all.
What about the store-bought haircut?
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Other than Sticky's first year at the Raiders in 2014 the current season was the worst for the Raiders in terms of points for and points against.
2021 Points For 481 and Points Against 578. 2014 Points For 466 and Points Against 623.

2021 is the only year, other than 2014, when points against have exceeded points for. Given that performance record no one should feel comfortable including the Head Coach and the Assistants. Sticky is on contract until the end of the 2023 season.