Adam Elliott to join Newcastle Knights

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Canberra Raiders linked to Adam Elliott

Post by Seiffert82 »

Cranky Old Man wrote:I don't remember much of his play, therefore probably neither particularly good nor bad.
I'm interested in the commentary regarding his behaviour. 1. He is caught "pashing" with a girl in or near a toilet apparently with full consent. 2. He was photographed by papparazzi in a private function room specifically hired to host a party which was always likely to be a bit risque and apparently was. The Paparazzi were actually acting like peeping toms, filming from the roof of a building across the street acts that were in no way visible to the ordinary public. They are more culpable than Elliott. 3. Apparently he likes a drink, and is reputed to not handle it too well. That in itself is not an insurmountable problem, but would require firm handling. 4. He is reputed to have raced off a team mates partner. Much more problematical as such behaviour can tear a team apart. Would need to know all the circumstances of the time to come to any realistic conclusion.
To me, points one, two and three should have no bearing on the decision the Raiders need to make, point four is a more serious consideration. Clarify point four and the decision comes down to his potential contribution to the squad, but taking a wowsers point of view is wrong in my opinion.
Yeah, there are a few things in his history which a clearly alcohol related behavioral issues, so it would be interesting to see how the bloke responds to being cut loose by the Dogs. Given the situation and the position he plays, I think he'd be less of a risk than Curtis Scott was.

He's the kind of player that would look good in a team like the Storm. I don't at all see him has much of a ball playing middle though.

I don't have a particularly strong opinion of this either way. The situation reminds me a bit of Neville Costigan. Man that guy threw away a big opportunity.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Walter
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Walter »

Well there is no need to speculate any further as he has signed with the Tigers (according to their official Twitter account).
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Walter wrote: October 12, 2021, 12:53 pm Well there is no need to speculate any further as he has signed with the Tigers (according to their official Twitter account).
Good. I suspect it was more a "manager float" to try and squeeze the Tigers than any real interest.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Thank goodness.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

That twitter page is a fake.

It's still on!!!!
Dylan’s Raiders
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

Walter wrote: October 12, 2021, 12:53 pm Well there is no need to speculate any further as he has signed with the Tigers (according to their official Twitter account).
That is absolutely not their page haha. Elliot already snubbed the tigers according to the Daily telegraph. I dare say if raiders want him, he will come.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

No it hasn't.

https://twitter.com/WestsTigers
Walter
David Grant

Post by Walter »

greeneyed wrote: October 12, 2021, 1:54 pm
No it hasn't.

Well that is embarrassing I looked at a fake account :nooo
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Adam Elliott a Canberra Raiders longshot but not out of question

Adam Elliott is a longshot of joining the Canberra Raiders, but the Green Machine offering the sacked Canterbury Bulldogs forward a career lifeline is not out of the question.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... -question/
RichmondRaider
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jordy Raps

Post by RichmondRaider »

Matt wrote:
Hong Kong Raider wrote: October 10, 2021, 7:17 pm
Matt wrote: October 10, 2021, 7:12 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: October 10, 2021, 7:03 pm Lock up your girlfriends !
He's not better than CHN or Young. Prefer one of the Parra dudes or Sims coming off contract than Elliott
Even Dylan Walker as a lock or bench player.
Id take Sims or Lane too.
Agreed. Even Niukore, Matterson and Little Papa. Matt - what do you think of Walker ? I don't like him as a person, he's had a history with taunting some of our players, but i was impressed with his role in the finals and the rule changes suit him
Pretty sure Nuke just signed elsewhere.

Matto is a gun, but your taking on the HIA risk. He is getting closer and closer to the Cordner/Friend zone. Also $$$.

Lil Papa I'd take in a heartbeat. But Eels would be stupid to let him go, and again $$$.

Walker, he had a good yr, but no, not interested in him at all. He is a turnstile defensively. He is not a good human.
Don't think you'd have to worry about Adam in the friend zone

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Canberra Raiders linked to Adam Elliott

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

BJ wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
BJ wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:He’s a Bega boy. Bega boys come good. The guy left the country for the big smoke and he got a little loose.

Maybe some tough Stick love in a place like Canberra is just what the doctor ordered
I’m from Pambula and I’ve never seen or heard this ‘Bega boys come’ good malarkey.
You being from down home, and being on here being BJ makes you also a Bega boy come good
I like the low bar you set Fui.

But we don’t want to let people know how good the far south coast is.

Mind you I came to Canberra as a schoolkid but have spent a lot of time back home over the years.
My original statement was going to be that you “Came good” by getting out of the Valley, but I was worried you’d come back saying you’re still there, so I lowered the bar.

Moving out and up, you’ve definitely come good.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Walter wrote: October 12, 2021, 3:02 pm
greeneyed wrote: October 12, 2021, 1:54 pm
No it hasn't.

Well that is embarrassing I looked at a fake account :nooo
Don’t worry Walter, it can happen to the best of us. Totally unrelated, would you be interested in buying a bit of land? :lol:
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Honestly replacing one **** with another as soon as you flush. Please no.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

If the Raiders sign this talentless hack I will cancel my memb…. Oh wait I already did that in protest of Rick’s horrendous coaching this year.

What to do? I might have to burn one of my old jerseys instead… I’ve got a white Ozemail one that I wouldn’t miss too much. I’m prepared to offer it up if the club is seriously looking at this flog.

Nothing would convince me more that Raiders HQ is just a bunch of monkeys on typewriters than an Adam Elliott signing. F M D
RichmondRaider
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jordy Raps

Post by RichmondRaider »

Reminds me of when stick had a coffee with greg bird and he was a done deal

Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

RichmondRaider wrote: October 12, 2021, 8:34 pm Reminds me of when stick had a coffee with greg bird and he was a done deal

Yes I remember those rumours. Absolutely would have cancelled my membership if we had’ve signed that piece of garbage
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Apparently we have salary cap issues and can't afford Elliott? Surely not
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Raiders’ pursuit of Bulldog hampered but second forward on agenda

The Canberra Times are reporting that the Raiders are a "long shot" of securing Elliott, who is still believed to have a contract on the table from the Wests Tigers, despite rumours he had knocked the club back. One player the Raiders would be able to afford though is North Queensland Cowboys' forward Peter Hola.

Read more: https://www.zerotackle.com/raiders-purs ... da-110979/
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

This would have been a poor signing given his rep. Maybe half a season of good boy footy before an off field issue caused us problems. Also you don't want to be paying this guy a decent wage. If another club is in the hunt they can have him.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

zim wrote: October 13, 2021, 12:38 pm This would have been a poor signing given his rep. Maybe half a season of good boy footy before an off field issue caused us problems. Also you don't want to be paying this guy a decent wage. If another club is in the hunt they can have him.
If we could have got him in for $200-250k then I wouldn't have been mad but once the price goes north of that it starts to become very questionable
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

At that price you can take a gamble and you'd be expecting to get that value for him.
From the articles it sounds to me more like he's using us to milk the tigers than any real chance of coming here.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

zim wrote:At that price you can take a gamble and you'd be expecting to get that value for him.
From the articles it sounds to me more like he's using us to milk the tigers than any real chance of coming here.
and I'd be more than happy for us to bump up his ask so long as we weren't buying

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Sthsea22
Terry Campese

Post by Sthsea22 »

Does the club need another flog that we will end up only sacking prematurely?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Raiders666 wrote:Raiders’ pursuit of Bulldog hampered but second forward on agenda

The Canberra Times are reporting that the Raiders are a "long shot" of securing Elliott, who is still believed to have a contract on the table from the Wests Tigers, despite rumours he had knocked the club back. One player the Raiders would be able to afford though is North Queensland Cowboys' forward Peter Hola.

What's the deal with Peter Hola's wiki page being updated to say he has already signed for 2022?

Somebody on here playing silly buggers, or the deal is done?

Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Seiffert82 wrote: October 13, 2021, 2:20 pm
Raiders666 wrote:Raiders’ pursuit of Bulldog hampered but second forward on agenda

What's the deal with Peter Hola's wiki page being updated to say he has already signed for 2022?

I think we're waiting for an official announcement from the club but the deal is done by the looks of it: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34875
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Seiffert82 wrote: October 13, 2021, 2:20 pm

viewtopic.php?p=1835923#p1835923
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Thank you!
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Canberra Raiders favourites to sign Adam Elliott on cut price, one strike deal

The Raiders are placed as front-runners to sign axed Bulldog Adam Elliott for next season, with a move to the nation's capital set to see the forward earn less than half of his wages at Canterbury while also playing under a strict one-strike policy.

With a move to the Green Machine given the green light by club leaders, Elliott could move to Canberra in the coming days.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... aaca7f13a6

https://www.zerotackle.com/raiders-fron ... al-111093/
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

I'd be happy with this....200k is a good deal
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

We should pay the Wests Tigers 200K to take him. Rubbish plodder
Colk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Colk »

Seriously what we are doing? We are letting go of Hodgson without seemingly looking for a replacement AND paying freight and then we are signing this bloke

Absolute dire times
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Settle. As much as I'm not a fan, Ive got absolutely no problem with signing him for 200k under strict conditions
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

FROG wrote: October 16, 2021, 2:47 pm Settle. As much as I'm not a fan, Ive got absolutely no problem with signing him for 200k under strict conditions
What conditions would you apply Frog?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I don't rate him that much, but 200k will make him earn it if he wants it

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by -TW- on October 16, 2021, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I just don’t rate him..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: