Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Canberra Raiders player Jordan Rapana sentenced for drink driving

Post by Northern Raider »

Billy Walker wrote: October 26, 2021, 2:47 pm
Northern Raider wrote: October 26, 2021, 2:25 pm
Billy Walker wrote: October 26, 2021, 2:19 pm
Northern Raider wrote: October 26, 2021, 2:15 pm
Billy Walker wrote: October 26, 2021, 10:46 am

1. When you represent an organisation, be that the police force, the public service, the military, a charity or a sporting club, you represent them 24/7 not just “in business hours”.

2. Even if you accept what he did was entirely on him and nothing to do with the club, the way the club responds will 100% determine whether it demonstrates this behaviour is not on or whether it reinforces a lax standard.

I wonder if Rapa would have made better decisions if Hors and CHN were cut loose last year. The standard you walk past is the standard you accept and the fact is we accept drink driving at the raiders. You’ll get a fine and miss a game or 3 but we accept it as a club, as supporters and as players.
This post is sending the Bull****ometer into the red zone.
Which bit mate?
Just about all of it
Fairly predictable answer NR and much like Bots earlier silence I think it says a lot.

Like I say, if at the end of the day we are happy giving chances, making excuses and explaining away poor behaviour then that is fine. But we should spare everyone the fake outrage and accept that nothing will change in the future because we are not making any change about how we address these things. That is fine. But let’s not kid ourselves and have a foot both sides of fence where we wring our hands and shake our heads in righteous horror when we know full well we will have moved on and forgotten before the player involved next laces a boot.
You've already planted your flag in the ground on the topic and won't be moved so I'm wasting mental energy trying to debate it with you. I will simply say in my opinion this incident has zero to do with club culture and everything to do with an individual making a bad choice during his time off.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Botman wrote: October 26, 2021, 3:27 pm
zim wrote: October 26, 2021, 1:46 pm Well it's a classic troll. You make a disingenuous post then pre-play the victim card. He knows it's just gaslighting and that Croker wasn't captain then.
He's really put on a dumb **** clinic here today
He's spent half this thread blaming the club and it's captain for Rapana's drink driving and then accuses others of making excuses and explaining behaviour away. He's the only **** **** in the thread who has done it.
The real question is why didn't Croker stop him?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

zim wrote:
Botman wrote: October 26, 2021, 3:27 pm
zim wrote: October 26, 2021, 1:46 pm Well it's a classic troll. You make a disingenuous post then pre-play the victim card. He knows it's just gaslighting and that Croker wasn't captain then.
He's really put on a dumb **** clinic here today
He's spent half this thread blaming the club and it's captain for Rapana's drink driving and then accuses others of making excuses and explaining behaviour away. He's the only **** **** in the thread who has done it.
The real question is why didn't Croker stop him?
Now Zim that's a perfect segue into Crokers inability to defend .... anything.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Re: Rapana caught Drink Driving

Post by Love4Noa »

Akyle1994 wrote: October 26, 2021, 7:22 am
Raider47 wrote: October 25, 2021, 12:34 pm Feeling convinced now that this club has a culture problem.

Incidents have building a lot the last few years.
Likewise. Not hearing great things coming out on how Stuart and the powers above are addressing the culture problem. One of the other team said they were unbearable to live with because of the partying that went on for days throughout the season in qld, teams ended up moving out. Sums up why our season ended the way it did.

I often take large breaks from the Grenhiuse because of the absolute dribble that gets thrown around in here. Several months ago I vowed to be absent until next year, but this post deserves a response.

It is absolute crap.

I had family staying in and visiting the same establishments that both premiers stayed in. And heard many reports about behaviour. Including wild celebrations post the record equalling consecutive wins. Players around the pool, constant going to the bathroom etc.

To suggest other teams "behaved like angels" is ridiculous. To try and hang out the entire Raiders team because of the misbehaviour of some idiots is just as stupid.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Love4Noa wrote: October 26, 2021, 6:09 pm
Raider47 wrote: October 25, 2021, 12:34 pm Feeling convinced now that this club has a culture problem.

Likewise. Not hearing great things coming out on how Stuart and the powers above are addressing the culture problem. One of the other team said they were unbearable to live with because of the partying that went on for days throughout the season in qld, teams ended up moving out. Sums up why our season ended the way it did.

I often take large breaks from the Grenhiuse because of the absolute dribble that gets thrown around in here. Several months ago I vowed to be absent until next year, but this post deserves a response.

It is absolute crap.

I had family staying in and visiting the same establishments that both premiers stayed in. And heard many reports about behaviour. Including wild celebrations post the record equalling consecutive wins. Players around the pool, constant going to the bathroom etc.

To suggest other teams "behaved like angels" is ridiculous. To try and hang out the entire Raiders team because of the misbehaviour of some idiots is just as stupid.
I **** HATE the Grenhiuse. So much **** nonsense on that place. You've always got a home here, Noa.
We'll never let it get as bad as a Grenhiuse
Last edited by Botman on October 26, 2021, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Botman wrote: October 26, 2021, 6:43 pm

It is absolute crap.

I **** HATE the Grenhiuse. So much **** nonsense on that place. You've always god a home here, Noa.
The Grenhiuse is rather lax in its moderation compared to here, hence the absolute plethora of dribble over there.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Finchy wrote:

It is absolute crap.

I **** HATE the Grenhiuse. So much **** nonsense on that place. You've always god a home here, Noa.
The Grenhiuse is rather lax in its moderation compared to here, hence the absolute plethora of dribble over there.
Yeah I heard their main Mods over there, GruinEird, Duzzy, R_T, Kit and Mott don’t really care much, and just let the crims run the prison
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

:cmon :cmon :cmon :cmon :roflmao Everyones a smart a$$.

Point remains :)
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: October 26, 2021, 7:17 pm
Finchy wrote:

It is absolute crap.

Yeah I heard their main Mods over there, GruinEird, Duzzy, R_T, Kit and Mott don’t really care much, and just let the crims run the prison
They could learn much from our group of diligent ombudsmen
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Good to see our captain Smelly posting today that he was having a beer while his car was getting cleaned...

Way to read the room Skip.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

The biggest problem with the offseason is that the relative percentage of troll posts skyrockets.

Knock knock. Knock knock. Knock knock.

Who's there?

Trolls. Too **** many trolls.

Rack off Trolls. Go have a holiday and give it a rest.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I hate that duzzy guy. Such a flop.

And don't get me started on blueyblueyfredfred
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

And curse that sexy rt
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

dubby wrote:I hate that duzzy guy. Such a flop.

And don't get me started on blueyblueyfredfred
Ugh that guy. Thinks he’s funny, but he just awkward.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Canberra Raiders player Jordan Rapana sentenced for drink driving

Post by RTW »

Was their any reports on how much Rapana’s contract extension was worth?

I think both his and Whiteheads contract size would be a real indicator on where we are at as a club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Akyle1994
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by Akyle1994 »

It is absolute crap.

I’m not suggesting other teams behaved like angels but raiders definitely did not. Those that were up the ladder moved out…rabbitos, eels and what came out of rabbitos was they were unbearable to live with because of the constant partying with little regard for those who still had games to play and families hence their moving out. The off-season issues with Starling and Rapana haven’t been addressed by the club or the players which speaks volumes with the cultural issues imo. To say it’s absolute crap is absolute crap..the public had all reservations at the accommodation cancelled hence the uproar from a bride to be, teams moved out shortly after moving in so I can only assume your family we’re not present for the entirety.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Akyle1994 seems to be well connected. Have we signed Brandon Smith yet? Lol
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

I see this has turned a corner.
Haha.
PS. That Mott bloke is ok
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

BudnGreen is the most under rated poster in the joint.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Have bothered reading all that garbage, is he vaxxed or not?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders winger Jordan Rapana apologises for drink-driving charge

Jordan Rapana has apologised to Raiders fans for his off-season drink-driving misdemeanour on the Sunshine Coast, for which the NRL are still yet to hand down a punishment.

"I'm very remorseful for what I've done and putting the club through that," Rapana said. "I made a mistake. I went to dinner with the wife and thought I was all right and I shouldn't [have driven], and I'm going to pay the consequences for that."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Noting he has apologised to fans, do we put up a poll to determine if we accept the apology?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The story also says Rapana had a knee clean out in the off season, has niggled him for a couple of years, but all good now.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

This is the big fellas first time?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

I find it hilarious that the anti vaxers in the team get treated worse than the drunk drivers 🤣
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Pretty much the same bucket. Both endangering other people.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Raiders666 wrote: November 25, 2021, 6:58 pm I find it hilarious that the anti vaxers in the team get treated worse than the drunk drivers 🤣
on what planet is that the case?

The dumb **** drink drivers are charged and sentenced by a court of law, and are subject to additonal club and NRL punishments, as well as getting fairly mild and reasonable criticism from fans for their stupid and reckless actions.

The dumb **** anti vaxxers get some fairly mild and reasonable criticism from fans for their stupid and reckless actions. That's it! That's all folks. Nothing else to see here.

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

gangrenous wrote: November 25, 2021, 7:00 pm Pretty much the same bucket. Both endangering other people.
Hahahahahaha
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Hilarious
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Botman wrote: November 25, 2021, 7:14 pm
Raiders666 wrote: November 25, 2021, 6:58 pm I find it hilarious that the anti vaxers in the team get treated worse than the drunk drivers 🤣
on what planet is that the case?

The dumb **** drink drivers are charged and sentenced by a court of law, and are subject to additonal club and NRL punishments, as well as getting fairly mild and reasonable criticism from fans for their stupid and reckless actions.

The dumb **** anti vaxxers get some fairly mild and reasonable criticism from fans for their stupid and reckless actions. That's it! That's all folks. Nothing else to see here.

I'm talking about people on this forum Pigman
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

gangrenous wrote: November 25, 2021, 7:00 pm Pretty much the same bucket. Both endangering other people.
Drink driving kills a **** load more people than covid ever will in this country that's for sure
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Where is Cats fake outrage 🤣🤣🤣
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Raiders666 wrote: November 25, 2021, 8:09 pm I'm talking about people on this forum Pigman
Again, in what way?
The idiot drink drivers have been heavily criticised for their **** choices.
The idiot anti vaxxers have been heavily criticised for thier **** choices.

Make **** choices as a public figure and people will be critical of it on forums like this...
Imagine, if you will, my **** surprise.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Canberra Raiders player Jordan Rapana sentenced for drink driving

Post by gangrenous »

Raiders666 wrote:
Drink driving kills a **** load more people than covid ever will in this country that's for sure
Only thanks to vaccination you muppet.

Drink driving apparently involved in ~30% of fatal crashes and looks like about 1200 deaths per year. So let’s say 400 deaths per year.

Yep an unvaccinated Australia living free would crush that. I mean we’re well over that with vaccinations and lockdowns.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MOD NOTE: No more off topic material, thanks. There’s a coronavirus thread on the current affairs board.