Jack Wighton yet to commit to Canberra Raiders for 2023

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Re: Jack Wighton yet to commit to Canberra Raiders for 2023

Post by RedRaider »

I hope he decides to stay. Along with Papa one of my favorite players with and without the ball. Good for the young players coming through to see that Raider juniors can make the senior rep levels.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

RedRaider wrote: November 19, 2021, 6:24 pm I hope he decides to stay. Along with Papa one of my favorite players with and without the ball. Good for the young players coming through to see that Raider juniors can make the senior rep levels.
I agree Red. But if we do lose either I hope we get an A grade replacement or 2.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I think all this contract talk for 2 yrs time is a big fat negative in our game at the moment, be it jack, kikau signing with the dogs for 2023 and being photographed in their gear, the talk about smith etc

Can't we just enjoy 2022 at least till August?

Why should the fans and the panthers invest in kikau if the dogs are going to benefit the next year?

And the way the world is who even knows what 2023 will look like!
Vaccinated
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

cat wrote: November 19, 2021, 9:13 pm I think all this contract talk for 2 yrs time is a big fat negative in our game at the moment, be it jack, kikau signing with the dogs for 2023 and being photographed in their gear, the talk about smith etc

Why should the fans and the panthers invest in kikau if the dogs are going to benefit the next year?

It is an interesting one. I guess every player will respond differently but hard not to think the motivation levels aren’t affected in some way when you are neither playing for a contract or at the club where your future lies. I guess 2022 for Kikau is about personal pride, commitment to his teammates but if the season gets tough you can see that motivation fading and his mind quickly moving to 2023. Not healthy to have players signed elsewhere still at the club I don’t think.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

I highly doubt Wighton will leave. Offers from other clubs need to be far more than what he is on for it to be worth it... considering tax and cost of living etc.

Also when you check his social media... its clear that he is a country boy.

Cotric on the other hand always looked for an excuse to get to Sydney.... the writing was on the wall that he was going to leave.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

cat wrote:I think all this contract talk for 2 yrs time is a big fat negative in our game at the moment, be it jack, kikau signing with the dogs for 2023 and being photographed in their gear, the talk about smith etc

From the players perspective, wouldn’t they want job security?

If you were doing contract work, wouldn’t you be doing what you could to know that you had something in place once your current deal ends?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I think the game needs a transfer windows.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

cat wrote: November 19, 2021, 9:13 pm I think all this contract talk for 2 yrs time is a big fat negative in our game at the moment, be it jack, kikau signing with the dogs for 2023 and being photographed in their gear, the talk about smith etc

I think they thought it better to have all of this talk and negotiation in the off season, rather than mid season.

I agree re transfer windows. Would be good
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Rothfield and Hoopers blow up about Smith’s ‘disrespectful behavior’ is such a laugh, they make a living digging into other peoples business and throw mud around.

How dare a player take control of his own narrative and release information on his sponsors podcast.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.