POLL: Strongest 2022 line up: Second rowers

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who should be the second rowers in the Canberra Raiders' strongest team for 2022?

Adam Elliott
11%
Corey Harawira-Naera
39%
Elliott Whitehead
33%
Hudson Young
18%

Total votes: 85

Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Re: POLL: Strongest 2022 line up: Second rowers

Post by Dusty »

11. Young
12. CHN

13. Whitehead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Poll declared for Elliott Whitehead and Corey Harawira-Naera.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

julian87 wrote: January 19, 2022, 5:21 am
Raiders_Pat wrote: January 18, 2022, 1:03 pm
Wiki Special wrote: January 18, 2022, 12:44 pm
julian87 wrote: January 18, 2022, 12:32 pm
Raider47 wrote: January 17, 2022, 10:06 am Would hardly say Whitehead is clearly ahead of Young atm after his form last season. Likely to start at 12, yes, but he should rightly be looking over his shoulder because if Young finds a bit more consistency he could well be our answer long term.

CHN is definitely our best second rower. Would like to see Kris be morphed into a second rower too as I see this position as one of our weaker ones and we need more depth. He could prove handy there.

Elliot and Young will probably be fighting for that lock role come Rd 1 I imagine. However would like to see Whitehead move more centrally.
With the way the game has gone and back coverage almost essential now I reckon Kris should be the bench second rower. If all goes to plan he provides 20+ minutes of energy in the forwards. If injuries or HIA's occur in the backs he covers there and plays centre. I think it's a pretty obvious and positive selection too tbh.
Absolutely agree re: Kris. Him, Starling plus two players that can play middle should be our bench for sure, imo.
If Kris is on the bench then I think Young drops out of the 17. But I think I would probably have to agree that of the two, it's probably wiser to carry Kris on the bench who can also cover an injury to a back.
You've got Elliott over Young?

One of them, and not one of the props, has to be lock imo.
Yep, I've got Elliott over Young. I think most of the people who see him as trash saw him play at second row. He's great at lock imo, especially for the modern game. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him line up at lock in the starting 13 for round one. Elliott has a bit of ball playing over Young from what I've seen.

Agree 100% that one of them has to be starting at lock over one of the props. If not, then maybe Mooney or Rushton but they will be eased in to first grade off the bench.