2012 Golden Boogs - Official Nominations - Voting

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

robtheraider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Re: 2012 Golden Boogs Awards - Voting now open!

Post by robtheraider »

We are all equal.

Some of us however, are more equal than others.....
To all the people with telekinetic powers...please raise my hand.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

freddo wrote:Wow...

There will be pre show interviews on the green carpet before the ceremony. So who will be the Best Dressed? Best Ride? and Best Date to the awards?
I'm pretty sure I'll take out all three, dressed as a hobo and riding on the back of Shaun Fensom, who will double as my date.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote:An official statement from The Greenhouse

The Greenhouse Administrators have conducted a long and searching investigation into how Fuifui Bradbrad's post was deleted and a further post from Worm was also deleted from this thread. Both posts have been unfortunately permanently deleted. It is usual practice that deleted posts are moved to a special Deleted posts thread on the site, which is visible only to the Moderators. This enables the posts to be restored if considered appropriate, but this was not done in this case. The Mod team can make the occasional error, and we apologise for this one. The posts did not breach site guidelines, but unfortunately the posts cannot be restored. The job of Moderator is a difficult one, and unpaid, and people only volunteer for these roles so as to make The Greenhouse the best Canberra Raiders site on the web. We can only ask for your understanding when we make the occasional error.

The Greenhouse Administrators will not be making further comment on this matter.
Thanks GE. Appreciate the response. I'm willing to call off the protest and move on now.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Gutted. I was enjoying the rage.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

I'd like to think Fui and I can come together..

Last edited by Captain Punish on September 25, 2012, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I thought you'd be taking David Milne??
Please
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

2012 Golden Boogs Awards - Voting now open!

Post by Please »

So.... What exactly was said?
Well, at least Jack got paid.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

That's classified
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Luffty wrote:So.... What exactly was said?
Not going to comment. Don't know exactly what ruffled the feathers of the mod who deleted it, so I think repeating might end in the same result.

Worm - What are you wearing to the Boogs? I want to make sure we match!
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

It depends.

With Dates;

Without Dates;

What are you thinking?
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

T_R wrote:
Albi wrote:
T_R wrote:
Albi wrote:
T_R wrote:That goggle-eyed freak would be the first up against the wall.
I knew your caustic right wing persona was merely a ruse to hide your revolutionary agenda..
Albi's definition of Right Wing: Anyone positioned to the right of him. i.e - everybody.
You certainly give GE a run for his money in the lack of/awareness of humour category.... I'm seeing potential for a new Boogs award :D
Albi's definition of 'lack of humour': Anyone who doesn't find him funny. i.e - everybody
:roflmao

Very clever, T_R.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Worm wrote:It depends.

With Dates;

Without Dates;

What are you thinking?
I'm liking option A, but how about without dates, I wear the pink, you wear the green?

Nickman's love of NSW
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

The_Nickman wrote:
manbush wrote:Qld stole your post Fui just like they steal everything the thieving redneck hillbillies
Hey! His post has been in Queensland since it was six years old!!

This thread's a bloody cracker. In fact, in light of this thread I'd like to change my vote on the following topics:

Best thread of the year - this one
Funniest Forum Member - T_R - that article is a beauty and had me in hysterics.
Guy Incognito
Jason Croker

Post by Guy Incognito »

The_Nickman wrote:

There will be pre show interviews on the green carpet before the ceremony. So who will be the Best Dressed? Best Ride? and Best Date to the awards?
I'm pretty sure I'll take out all three, dressed as a hobo and riding on the back of Shaun Fensom, who will double as my date.
Looks like the Paparazzi have been keeping an eye on your preparations

-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Guy Incognito wrote:
The_Nickman wrote:

:roflmao :roflmao

That is friggin hilarious
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-GD- wrote:
Guy Incognito wrote:
The_Nickman wrote:

:roflmao :roflmao

That is friggin hilarious
:lol: Must be fake - the shorts aren't around the ankles.

Great thread btw.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

:D Deary me

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Guy Incognito wrote:
The_Nickman wrote:

Hahahaha, that is gold!!
freddo
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by freddo »

Yeah lol
Truth Beauty and The Freddo Way
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

Solid effort GI.

I am amazed my Valentines - David Milne holding a rose Banner you created was not up for Banner of the year. It was simply beautiful..
Albi
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Albi »

Guy Incognito wrote:
The_Nickman wrote:

I'm sorry to say that Shaun isn't really looking as into it as you are, Nickman.
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Worm wrote:Solid effort GI.

I am amazed my Valentines - David Milne holding a rose Banner you created was not up for Banner of the year. It was simply beautiful..
It was a clear winner for me, if that's any consolation.

Guy Incognito
Jason Croker

Post by Guy Incognito »

T_R wrote:

Oh well. At least I have two votes :cool:
Albi
David Furner

Post by Albi »

dubby wrote:This thread is way off topic.

Can we get back to the voting please?
Only if you make your boyfriend apologise for calling me a google eyed freak! It's really hurtful to be criticised by some anonymous guy on the internet :cry:

freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

The awards dinner will be a 3 course meal based on a selection of some fine dinning selected from the Schifty and Question cooking thread

http://www.thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic ... 15&t=15225
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Albi wrote:
Guy Incognito wrote:
The_Nickman wrote:

I'm sorry to say that Shaun isn't really looking as into it as you are, Nickman.
Can't say I blame him, it's probably quite uncomfortable for him at first...
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

When is this event on? I want to make sure I'll be here to pick up the gong

Nickman's love of NSW
Albi
David Furner

Post by Albi »

The_Nickman wrote:
Albi wrote:
Guy Incognito wrote:
The_Nickman wrote:

Perhaps you could recommend some stretching exercises to him for next time?

Albi
David Furner

Post by Albi »

robtheraider wrote:We are all equal.

Some of us however, are more equal than others.....
The comrades and I took this photo during a covert operation within GH headquarters. Pictured are the previously unseen GH admin officers.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Albi wrote:
The_Nickman wrote:
Albi wrote:
Guy Incognito wrote:Looks like the Paparazzi have been keeping an eye on your preparations

Perhaps you could recommend some stretching exercises to him for next time?
I'd say he's pretty stretched now for next time.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:When is this event on? We want to make sure we'll be here to pick up the gong
fixed
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

T_R wrote:

I thought so too. The fact it was not prompted made it better I believe.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Albi wrote:
dubby wrote:This thread is way off topic.

Can we get back to the voting please?
Only if you make your boyfriend apologise for calling me a google eyed freak! It's really hurtful to be criticised by some anonymous guy on the internet :cry:
Sorry, is it meant to be 'boggle eyed'?? I can never remember...'goggle eyed or boggled eyed'? If I got it wrong, I do most sincerely apologise.

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

freddo wrote:The awards dinner will be a 3 course meal based on a selection of some fine dinning selected from the Schifty and Question cooking thread

May I make a wine selection

Nickman's love of NSW
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
freddo wrote:The awards dinner will be a 3 course meal based on a selection of some fine dinning selected from the Schifty and Question cooking thread

May I make a wine selection

That can double as a pillow when you pass out from drinking its contents