2015 Golden Boogs nominations

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: The 2015 Golden Boogs

Post by simo »

The Phantom wrote: Underrated poster: Personally I don't understand this award. It's like saying to someone "no one really rates what you are saying or takes you seriously".
and for this reason, IR should win this one also
Dont delete this GE
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Avatar/Signature of the Year - TBA
Newbie of the Year - TBA
Underrated poster - GE
Matt Elliott Medal: Funniest Poster - Reptar
Forum Villain of the Year - IronRaiden
Forum Rivalry of the Year - TR and Nigeria
Obsession of the Year - Dr Zaius and QLD
Quality over quantity- MattyStorm, Good to have some outside views not in a troll form
Best Football Brain - TBA
Best Thread/Regular Feature of the Year - GH Commentary Team (If its allowed) otherwise Matt's Matchup, consistently generates discussion.
Daley C Poster of the Year - Pigman
The Missing in Action Award - Question, Rodman
Worst Thread - a) Player X leaves us for Team Y: The majority of these seem to turn a bit sour one way or another :cry: b) GH Survivor: Could very well have been the best thread but then Billy T was voted off..... :cmon
Worst Moment - Nickman's vicious and unwarranted attack on J Rapa's Credibility.
Last edited by Archer on October 26, 2015, 10:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

How is Albi not scooping the MIA Award?

Damn you all.

Unfaithful swine.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Who?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

#Albiwillriseagain

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Avatar/Signature of the Year: TBA
Newbie of the Year: too hard to tell who's new and who's an alt account.
Underrated poster:Cat, love her commentary of games, sorry guys but hers is second to no one.
Matt Elliott Medal: Funniest Poster Simo, Schify and Cat (her commentary)
Forum Villain of the Year: TR, poor marmalade
Forum Rivalry of the Year; TBA
Obsession of the Year: Forums scapegoating of Croker and Fensom
Quality over quantity:TBA
Best Football Brain:TBA
Best Thread/Regular Feature of the Year: Official: Josh McCrone released to the Dragons.
Daley C Poster of the Year: TBA
The Missing in Action Award:Albi (is it a coincidence he stopped posting not long after he visited me at work)
Worst Thread: TBA
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Best Alt: Rusty Crowe, I know they are cheap laughs but I don't care, makes me chuckle anyway.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 1h hour ago

Moley hearing strong rumours of a shock new host for 2015 Golden Boogs @TheGHRaiders
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

The Greenhouse wrote:The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 1h hour ago

Moley hearing strong rumours of a shock new host for 2015 Golden Boogs @TheGHRaiders
Is it Dave smith?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:
The Greenhouse wrote:The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 1h hour ago

Is it Dave smith?
Nah, it's just Schifty :(

Don't tell anyone though.

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

So the whole ceremony will be done via hashtags and links to very suss sites.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

If you ask freddo nicely he can redirect the whole site
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Manbush wrote:So the whole ceremony will be done via hashtags and links to very suss sites.
I prefer uniquely informative.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

That they are :lol:

Just hope you're using a good VPN with the data retention starting not long ago.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:How is Albi not scooping the MIA Award?

Damn you all.

Unfaithful swine.
Actually, I second this nomination. if Albi doesn't win the MIA Boogs you lot are all having a deadset larf.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

What's an albi?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

dubby wrote:What's an albi?
A commie tree hugger.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

EDIT
Dont delete this GE
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Dubbied. That was quality tho simo
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

simo with an absolute zinger!!!
You just made my funny list mate.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

OGB2015ENL
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I may actually be in talks to bring Albi back to the GH..

Just need to sort out some 3rd party deals as GE blew the cap upgrading Pigman
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Schifty wrote:I may actually be in talks to bring Albi back to the GH..

Just need to sort out some 3rd party deals as GE blew the cap upgrading Pigman
couldnt we get the dragons to sign pigman (our forum mccrone)
Dont delete this GE
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Im a merc, ill go where the money goes.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote:Im a merc, ill go where the money goes.
Exactly what Chip Kelly is looking for :lol:
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Pigman indicates he’d gamble GH career to follow Jarryd Hayne to NFL

"For now, The GH is my future," Pigman said.

“I’ve had a good chat with my manager about it and [sic] if the opportunity did come up, it’s something I’d definitely like to pursue."
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Hbomb wrote:Pigman indicates he’d gamble GH career to follow Jarryd Hayne to NFL

"For now, The GH is my future," Pigman said.

“I’ve had a good chat with my manager about it and [sic] if the opportunity did come up, it’s something I’d definitely like to pursue."

If it means less time to post here I'm all for it.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Probably would be more successful than how successful Dugan would be.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I see myself as a hot shot DC, and eventual HC candidate in the NFL
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I actually hear Pigman is already a dual-sports forum superstar. Rumour has it he has 500,000 posts on at least two other forum to complement his ten million Greenhouse ones.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

The Nickman wrote:I actually hear Pigman is already a dual-sports forum superstar. Rumour has it he has 500,000 posts on at least two other forum to complement his ten million Greenhouse ones.
do you really consider the Western Sydney Haberdashery associations message board a sporting forum?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote:I actually hear Pigman is already a dual-sports forum superstar. Rumour has it he has 500,000 posts on at least two other forum to complement his ten million Greenhouse ones.
Glass houses my 30,000 post friend
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Pigman wrote:
You're kidding, right?? In the time I've been on this forum you've easily racked up double my posts on your multiple accounts. And that's just on this forum alone!!

Glass houses indeed.
Botman
Mal Meninga

The 2015 Golden Boogs

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote:
Pigman wrote:
You're kidding, right?? In the time I've been on this forum you've easily racked up double my posts on your multiple accounts. And that's just on this forum alone!!

Glass houses indeed.
Actually the records will indicate that you've racked up 30, 000 posts since June 2012, I've got 1/3rd of that in only 1 year less. You're going at a clip of 10, 000 per year!
For me? Around half that.
You literally post twice for every post I make!
Last edited by Botman on October 29, 2015, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Pigman wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Pigman wrote:

Glass houses indeed.
Actually the records will indicate that you've racked up 30, 000 posts since June 2012, I've got 1/3rd of that in only 1 year less. You're going at a clip of 10, 000 per year!
For me? Around half that.
You literally post double that of me!
youre boring everyone
Dont delete this GE