New Zealand Warriors 2016

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: New Zealand Warriors 2016

Post by greeneyed »

What is it?
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

News Corp can reveal a person attached to the Warriors contacted the Titans early last month enquiring if they were interested in taking Hurrell for this season and beyond.

The Titans are searching for a right centre and Neil Henry rates the chunky back who on his day can win games through his own sheer brilliance.

While it has been reported a deal is all but done, that is not the case and the Titans have not heard from across the ditch in two weeks.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... hnrlndm%20(Daily%20Telegraph%20%7C%20NRL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Warriors say it's just round one

Warriors chief executive Jim Doyle has backed the club's coaching staff and roster in the face of stinging criticism from Graham Lowe that a "bro culture" is to blame for their NRL woes.

The Warriors, fielding high-profile recruits Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Issac Luke, lost their opening-round clash with unfancied Wests Tigers 34-26 to make it nine successive defeats going back to last season.

Read more: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016 ... -round-one
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

A bad culture is usually the coach's fault
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Yep, and now the CEO has come out in defence of McFadden it's only a matter of time before he gets the chop
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Is he throwing up a smokescreen
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Warriors confirm Henry's broken kneecap

Warriors second-rower Ben Henry has been diagnosed with a broken patella in his left knee, but it's not clear how long he'll be sidelined.

Henry underwent surgery on Wednesday after being helped from the field midway through the first half of last Saturday's NRL loss to Wests Tigers.

His left leg was caught awkwardly while making a tackle in his first NRL game in almost a year.

Read more: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016 ... en-kneecap
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

He is seriously unlucky. Thats about 3 serious knee injuries now for him
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Ben Henry? More like Ben Terry.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Warriors owner Eric Watson in talks with Laurie Daley for new role at the club

WARRIORS owner and chairman Eric Watson has confirmed he is in discussions with Laurie Daley about joining the New Zealand club.

Speaking on Newstalk ZB, Watson said Daley could be lured to Auckland to assist his former teammate Andrew McFadden, the Warriors’ coach, in an advisory capacity.

How such a position would impact Daley’s NSW State of Origin commitments is unclear, however Watson hinted strongly that an appointment could be imminent.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... fa60094813
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

Just heard that RTS is out for the season.. terrible news for the Warriors and NRL fans, he is awesome to watch so hopefully makes a good recovery for next season. I'm guessing Robson or Leuluai into halfback and Tui to fullback.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

What a blow for RTS, the Warriors and the game.

Terrible injury for someone that relies on footwork so much.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Devastating news. RTS is a great player to watch. Hopefully he has a trouble free recovery, and gets back to his best as soon as possible
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Sucks for them, and the kiwis.

Speedy recovery RTS....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Ooooof, RTS being out for the season may very well be the final nail in McFadden's coffin.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Cappy has stood down 6 players for attitude issues (reading between the lines, they probably went out on the piss when they shouldn't have). They have their bogey team this weekend. Is this Cappy's last game as coach? He lost the dressing shed some time ago IMO.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... ohrgf.html
Shoving it in your face since 2017
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

New Zealand Warriors in turmoil as six stars stood down after night on the town

Six Warriors players have been stood down from Sunday's game after they breached team protocol with a night out.

It was understood Ben Matulino, Manu Vatuvei, Bodene Thompson, Konrad Hurrell and Sam Lisone went out for a big night in town in Auckland, taking along Albert Vete as a designated driver. All six have been dropped to reserve grade instead of playing against the Dragons on Sunday.

Coach Andrew McFadden said the six players would play reserve grade for failing to meet team standards following the loss to Melbourne on Anzac Day.

Read more: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/794 ... n-the-town
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Matt Allwood gets a recall
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

What's the feeling over there? Cappy gone?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Cappy. What an annoying nickname
Dont delete this GE
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

None of the fans even wanted him as coach so naturally after every loss the pressure piles on. Basically it's all his fault for the defensive line not advancing, Johnson not running the ball to the line, etc.

Ironically after the smashing last week I've seen a lot more fans switch to blaming the players. But most of them just blame any white Australian player and gloss over guys like Luke and Johnson stinking it up most of the season. They won't be pleased that Allwood, Jono Wright and Asyhford are all in the back line this week. If only Johnson was out he'd have to pick Robson and complete the Four Horsemen.

However I've still seen a lot of "the players don't respect the coach, he needs to go" comments today. They'll flip anything towards wanting him gone. They all want Cleary back but he had a falling out with Eric Watson (the owner) and probably won't come back anyway. It's only a matter of time before McFadden goes, and they'll probably name Stacey Jones as interim coach, a natural successor since he's already been U20s and NSW Cup coach. Or they'll beg Cleary to come back
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Goodness me. I've just changed my tips this morning to dogs and dragons instead of eels and warriors.. Expecting a lot of away teams to get up this round
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Gerg wrote:Cappy has stood down 6 players for attitude issues (reading between the lines, they probably went out on the piss when they shouldn't have). They have their bogey team this weekend. Is this Cappy's last game as coach? He lost the dressing shed some time ago IMO.

Watching last week's Storm game he's definitely lost the locker room. He was giving them an absolute spray and not a player gave a single **** about what he was saying.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote:
Gerg wrote:Cappy has stood down 6 players for attitude issues (reading between the lines, they probably went out on the piss when they shouldn't have). They have their bogey team this weekend. Is this Cappy's last game as coach? He lost the dressing shed some time ago IMO.

Watching last week's Storm game he's definitely lost the locker room. He was giving them an absolute spray and not a player gave a single **** about what he was saying.

Haha yeah he's an empty suit in that organisation
No one gives any **** about him, and nor should they. He can't coach
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

PrimetimeRaider wrote:None of the fans even wanted him as coach so naturally after every loss the pressure piles on. Basically it's all his fault for the defensive line not advancing, Johnson not running the ball to the line, etc.

Ironically after the smashing last week I've seen a lot more fans switch to blaming the players. But most of them just blame any white Australian player and gloss over guys like Luke and Johnson stinking it up most of the season. They won't be pleased that Allwood, Jono Wright and Asyhford are all in the back line this week. If only Johnson was out he'd have to pick Robson and complete the Four Horsemen.

However I've still seen a lot of "the players don't respect the coach, he needs to go" comments today. They'll flip anything towards wanting him gone. They all want Cleary back but he had a falling out with Eric Watson (the owner) and probably won't come back anyway. It's only a matter of time before McFadden goes, and they'll probably name Stacey Jones as interim coach, a natural successor since he's already been U20s and NSW Cup coach. Or they'll beg Cleary to come back
Don't discount Steve Kearney, been rumours of him and the warriors having discussions, I think he's just as likely as Cleary, If they punt Macfadden and pretty soon they will have little choice they should also send a few senior players out the door with him, guys like Hoffman, Lillyman, Vatuvei and Hurrell have stunk this year and are not performing like rep players
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

kiwi raider wrote:
PrimetimeRaider wrote:None of the fans even wanted him as coach so naturally after every loss the pressure piles on. Basically it's all his fault for the defensive line not advancing, Johnson not running the ball to the line, etc.

Don't discount Steve Kearney, been rumours of him and the warriors having discussions, I think he's just as likely as Cleary, If they punt Macfadden and pretty soon they will have little choice they should also send a few senior players out the door with him, guys like Hoffman, Lillyman, Vatuvei and Hurrell have stunk this year and are not performing like rep players
If NZ pick Manu over Rapana they have rocks in their head.

Bloke is such a liability in defence and under the high ball.
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

I heard that once Hurrell gets his NZ passport he's moving to the Titans anyway? I don't know why he can't go there now on his Tongan passport? Can Tongans not 'work' in Australia?
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

PrimetimeRaider wrote:I heard that once Hurrell gets his NZ passport he's moving to the Titans anyway? I don't know why he can't go there now on his Tongan passport? Can Tongans not 'work' in Australia?
yea no way Hurrell isn't at another club before june 30
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

DJ89 wrote:
kiwi raider wrote:

If NZ pick Manu over Rapana they have rocks in their head.

Bloke is such a liability in defence and under the high ball.
yea agree, I don't think manu will be there but think it would be more likely he sticks with the likes of Nightingale, DWZ, Perrett, SKD, Hiku over Rapana, hope I'm wrong though, love Rapana
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I'd hope Rapana gets picked but I'd still be surprised if he does. Similar to what kiwi raider said it's rare national selectors pick a guy that's just come into excellent form over a guy that's been there before.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

PrimetimeRaider wrote:They won't be pleased that Allwood, Jono Wright and Asyhford are all in the back line this week. If only Johnson was out he'd have to pick Robson and complete the Four Horsemen
:lol: I really enjoyed the image
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Didn't Furner or Stick get what for on here for releasing Allwood?

I've literally not heard about him since leaving until reading the above couple of posts!
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

I think most of the criticism was selecting Allwood not releasing him.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Green eyed Mick wrote:I think most of the criticism was selecting Allwood not releasing him.
Yep correct again GEM. The other criticism was of Allwood himself moving to Warriors. He would have had more NRL opportunities if he had stayed at the raiders.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Toviii wrote:
PrimetimeRaider wrote:They won't be pleased that Allwood, Jono Wright and Asyhford are all in the back line this week. If only Johnson was out he'd have to pick Robson and complete the Four Horsemen
:lol: I really enjoyed the image
:clap: :roflmao
Nice work PR