The Politics Thread 2009

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Rick James
Jason Croker

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Rick James »

:lol: Just the kind of Sensationalist story I was expecting - "experts" for both sides who represent the extreme in their views etc etc

I wholeheartedly agree with (what I think was) the overall sentiment - that if you legalise drugs you can makes them safer by regulation. I thought Arnold's idea of solving State financial problems via a Cannibus tax to be particularly forward thinking, but will wait to see if it even gets up. The statistics are particularly interesting surrounding the negative effects of pot vs alcohol or tobacco. Considering Cannibus is already decriminalised in the ACT, I'd say it won't be too long before we have medical cannibus facilities like the US and on to legalised (in some capacity) cannibus in the mid to long term. I think the notion that Heroin should be legalised first has some merit, but I don't think that will happen before the legalisation of pot paves the way for the harder drugs.

By the way Manbush, was that you with the secret identity? :hmmm
Canberra Raiders Fan since 1984
Gold Member #3939 since 2006
2009 Golden Boogs MIA Award Winner
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Lol mate anyone who knows me knows I'll never be anonymous, if I have a point of view I'm always prepared to put my name to it, even if that will get me in trouble, and how was he anonymous, shows his face but digitalized his voice, mustve been too stoned to realise :lol:

Momentum is gaining, and shows like that will help, for far too long commercial channels have helped push the governments negative propaganda and scare campaign, hopefully this is the start of a change in attitude
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

Post by The Naked Zombie »

The day I can inject *EDIT* while standing outside Parliament House without fear of being arrested will be a good day.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Re: The Politics Thread 2009

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Why has this ended up in Welcome and how to join the Greenhouse?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: The Politics Thread 2009

Post by -TW- »

So people know what they are getting themselves into

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk