Shooting in Dallas, Texas

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Shooting in Dallas, Texas

Post by Professor »

Two snipers have shot at police during a protest in Dallas, Texas. Four officers are currently dead with seven fighting for their lives in hospital.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Re: Shooting in Dallas, Texas

Post by Raider Bell »

That's horrendous.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

There's footage of one of the suspects calming walking with others during the protest with a rifle hanging off his shoulder.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Professor wrote:There's footage of one of the suspects calming walking with others during the protest with a rifle hanging off his shoulder.
People on Twitter questioning why he's a suspect. Gee, I don't know maybe the massive gun on his shoulder?
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Notaroboticfish wrote:
Professor wrote:There's footage of one of the suspects calming walking with others during the protest with a rifle hanging off his shoulder.
People on Twitter questioning why he's a suspect. Gee, I don't know maybe the massive gun on his shoulder?
I actually think they're right and that I passed on incorrect information which I got from CNN.

CNN now saying that old mate has handed himself into police saying it wasn't him. It would seem strange if it were him as the reports are that the shots came from an elevated position not long after old mate was filmed walking within the crowd.

That said, he looks to be fair dinkum walking with a rifle on his shoulder - whether it's real or not, I don't know.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Well I'm shocked, the USA is usually a very peaceful place.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Notaroboticfish wrote:
He isn't a suspect. He handed his weapon into police as soon as the shooting started and has since attended the police station for his own safety and to clear his name.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Professor wrote:
Notaroboticfish wrote:
I actually think they're right and that I passed on incorrect information which I got from CNN.

CNN now saying that old mate has handed himself into police saying it wasn't him. It would seem strange if it were him as the reports are that the shots came from an elevated position not long after old mate was filmed walking within the crowd.

That said, he looks to be fair dinkum walking with a rifle on his shoulder - whether it's real or not, I don't know.
Of course it's real but it's texas where you can carry an assault rifle like that into a grocery store. It's called exercising your first and second amendment rights.
Last edited by Green eyed Mick on July 8, 2016, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professor
Steve Walters

Post by Professor »

Green eyed Mick wrote:
Professor wrote:
Notaroboticfish wrote:

Of course it's real but it's texas where you can carry an assault rifle like that into a grocery store.
Right.

Is this legit or are you being sarcastic? I mean, I know the U.S. have gun control issues, but can you legit walk around the streets like old mate did with an assault rifle?
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Of course it's legit.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

What, there was a man with a gun who wasn't the shooter and he didn't stop the shooting :shock:
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Manbush wrote:What, there was a man with a gun who wasn't the shooter and he didn't stop the shooting :shock:
The NRA's heads just imploded.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Professor wrote:
Green eyed Mick wrote:
Professor wrote:
Notaroboticfish wrote:

Of course it's real but it's texas where you can carry an assault rifle like that into a grocery store.
Right.

Is this legit or are you being sarcastic? I mean, I know the U.S. have gun control issues, but can you legit walk around the streets like old mate did with an assault rifle?
Sadly it's legit, there's even a ***** trend where these muppets take photos of themselves carrying the massive gun in places liek Walmart or a grocery store..

Then there's even meet ups where every carries their extension into a fast food outlet.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

reptar wrote:
Manbush wrote:What, there was a man with a gun who wasn't the shooter and he didn't stop the shooting :shock:
The NRA's heads just imploded.
I don't think they're that self aware.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Notaroboticfish wrote:
Just means he's a U.S. citizen sadly
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

This is just the average scene in America.. Said it before, they are too far gone.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

The amount of people defending these actions has me absolutely stumped.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Trump's response..

Very, measured... Almost like he has a new campaign manager telling him how to behave if he wants to have a chance of winning..

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Surely he was drunk when he wrote that?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Schifty wrote:Trump's response..

Very, measured... Almost like he has a new campaign manager telling him how to behave if he wants to have a chance of winning..

we all must band together, except those god damned burrito burners.
Dont delete this GE
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Dallas police headquarters under lockdown after threat: http://www.smh.com.au/world/dallas-poli ... y28zsr6qiq

:doubt:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I've had a look at Trumps policies, and find most of them very agreeable.
Except that bloody wall.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

dubby wrote:I've had a look at Trumps policies, and find most of them very agreeable.
Except that bloody wall.

Good grief Dubby, the guy is a madman who spews hatred.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Dr Zaius wrote:
dubby wrote:I've had a look at Trumps policies, and find most of them very agreeable.
Except that bloody wall.

Good grief Dubby, the guy is a madman who spews hatred.
I'm not sure this is the thread to say it, but I think he is far from being a madman, rather he is a ruthless schemer and self promoter who sees the perfect opportunity opening up for him.
He, Pauline hanson, and several other Anglosphere pollies of their ilk are in fact antidotes to Reaganism and Thatcherism without daring to state that fact. The vast disillusioned losers from the social and financial changes wrought by Ron and Marg are kicking out at their perceived enemies without having a clear idea who their real target should be. Trump et al tell them he is on their side, but patently he is not.
Ironically, despite the number of angry losers at the hands of Ron and Marg, if they were to be resurrected and stood for election now, they would win in a landslide, voted for by the extreme winners and losers of their policies alike.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

That's democracy for you, comrade.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.