Post by CJ42 »

Tigers will probably be out of contention, Luke brooks gone for 5-6 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Re: The run home

Post by reptar »

CJ42 wrote:Tigers will probably be out of contention, Luke brooks gone for 5-6 weeks

They should defend a bit better, then.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

pickles wrote:I agree with the Mathis above. 4 wins guarantees top 4 but we could also get there with 3. For the confidence of fans it would be great to knock off the Sharks or storm but the other wins aren't easy.

Manly and tigers will probably be scrapping for the 8 and can both throw the ball around and be very dangerous. Eels will have nothing to lose which is always dangerous.

Massive game on Saturday. Would be awesome to end the Sharks run assuming they beat the Titans tonight.
This team doesn't have a lot to do with the 2010/2012 sides, bar a few players, but not even the best teams in the Comp could touch is in those end of season runs. Maybe we are hitting that kind of form at the right time? We give the Sharks a real go next week and who knows??

Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

reptar wrote:
CJ42 wrote:Tigers will probably be out of contention, Luke brooks gone for 5-6 weeks

They should defend a bit better, then.
Now here is a lateral thinker
I don't post facts
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Tigers might be in trouble with Brooks injured. So it will depend on the severity of the knee injury as to where their season goes from here.

Manly cant afford a loss and yet they play the Dogs in 2 wks time, then Storm, then us and finish with Penrith. They will be out of the running by the time they play us, and therefore may drop their bundle.

I can see us getting 3, even if its due to the draw helping us with teams having nothing to play for, and I think we are a real chance at jagging 1 of the next 2.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raidersfan wrote:This comment from a News article
"Actually i was not impressed with the raiders, if they where a serious threat to the top three they would have scored another 30 points"
From who?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

greeneyed wrote:
"Actually i was not impressed with the raiders, if they where a serious threat to the top three they would have scored another 30 points"
From who?
I think the comment is fair that the Raiders weren't 'on' yesterday and could have easily rattled up more if they were. To discount us as a threat because of it is pretty stupid though. I'm pretty comfortable that we had a 50 point win without really pushing the pedal. Save that gas for the next 2 weeks when we really need it.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Well we will be playing finals.
It's great to be talking about where we may finish/who we may play/and at which ground instead of switching off the tv and organising holidays for Sept.

We've come a long way and whatever happens in the next 7-8 weeks I'm proud of where we are. And the next few years will be better again, I truely believe that.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Hard to believe we have a finals berth wrapped up with 5 rounds to go!

I said at the start of the season I wanted to see improvement every game and a much smaller margin between our best and our worst. It seems like that is coming true!
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

I think it is silly to look too far ahead. One or two injuries or suspensions for us or our opposition in the next few weeks can change everything. Just enjoy the ride!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

TongueFTW wrote:I think it is silly to look too far ahead. One or two injuries or suspensions for us or our opposition in the next few weeks can change everything. Just enjoy the ride!
Exactly right. Cowboys are the benchmark to beat IMO and without Thurston they are not contenders. Same goes for Melbourne without Smith or Cronk.

Sharks have more of a buffer in this regard as they are performing more as a unit than relying key individual's to lift them. Raiders same to a lesser degree. Take any one of our players out and our chances wouldn't be impacted too greatly. Brenko is an adequate replacement for any of our outside backs. Sam Williams could slot into the halves. Hodgson maybe the hardest to cover but Baptiste has proven to be effective there too. Forward depth no issue when we have guys like Vaughan and Fensom ready to come back in.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Rob
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Rob »

I think we will finish 5th but the thing in our favors how terrible the dogs are playing come on they struggled to beat the dragons.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

afgtnk wrote:Finishing within the top 4 is so, so, so crucial. It can't be understated.

Win in week 1 and we're obviously through to a Prelim in Sydney (which we'll get huge numbers to) with a week off.

Lose and we get a Semi in Canberra against either the Dogs, Broncos, Titans, Warriors (also include Panthers and Tigers as maybes), which we will pack out. We can beat anyone of them and will be very confident in doing so.

Get into a Prelim and anything can happen. As a fan, all I want is to finally get that whiff of a GF.... just once.
Agree with this post word for word essentially.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote:
TongueFTW wrote:I think it is silly to look too far ahead. One or two injuries or suspensions for us or our opposition in the next few weeks can change everything. Just enjoy the ride!
Exactly right. Cowboys are the benchmark to beat IMO and without Thurston they are not contenders. Same goes for Melbourne without Smith or Cronk.

Sharks have more of a buffer in this regard as they are performing more as a unit than relying key individual's to lift them. Raiders same to a lesser degree. Take any one of our players out and our chances wouldn't be impacted too greatly. Brenko is an adequate replacement for any of our outside backs. Sam Williams could slot into the halves. Hodgson maybe the hardest to cover but Baptiste has proven to be effective there too. Forward depth no issue when we have guys like Vaughan and Fensom ready to come back in.
I think without Ennis you'd see the Sharks stumble and fall over pretty significantly.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

The Nickman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

I think without Ennis you'd see the Sharks stumble and fall over pretty significantly.
Yeah there isn't a team in the top 6 that relies on one man as much as the Sharks rely on Michael Ennis. I couldn't disagree more with the idea that Sharks have better depth/squad flexibility leading into the finals. They deadset don't even have a second hooker.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

The run home

Post by Botman »

I think they'd struggle mightily without Barba too
He gives them a creative spark no one else can

Holmes or Bird could play fullback but they can give them what Barba does at the back in attack.
legend
Simon Woolford

Post by legend »

Pretty sure the Storm would be stuffed without Smith. 40-0 loss against Manly in the 2008 GF anyone?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Thurston at Cowboys is more crucial than Ennis at Sharks.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

Northern Raider wrote:Thurston at Cowboys is more crucial than Ennis at Sharks.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Absolutely.

Thurston is one of the best players I have ever watched, his influence of the result of a game is more than any other player in the NRL atm. Take Thurston out of the Cowboys and they find themselves struggling for a position in the eight with the likes of Titans and Dragons.
I don't post facts
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Let's just take it a week at a time, hey.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

dubby wrote:Let's just take it a week at a time, hey.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
fair enough. Sound advice.
Fair Cop
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Raps

Post by Fair Cop »

Yeah Melbourne and Cronulla would have put 80 on them.
#The Clap #The Team #The Vibe
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

legend wrote:Pretty sure the Storm would be stuffed without Smith. 40-0 loss against Manly in the 2008 GF anyone?
they'd certainly struggle without slater.. Wait
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Campo88
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by Campo88 »

So just had a dream... Might have been something to do with picking up the GF tickets soon....

Storm/Raiders GF.

We let them out to 26-0 first half, come back to lead 28-26, they get a penalty 78th minute to tie the game....20sec left in the game Austin shanks a fieldy, bounces back off the crossbar. Lands in Storm hands who juggle it right into Crokers arms who charges home to seal the deal with a try.

Taking it a week at a time but god this would be great :roflmao

Entire stadium has heart attacks......sounds about right for us haha
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Campo88 wrote:So just had a dream... Might have been something to do with picking up the GF tickets soon....

Storm/Raiders GF.

We let them out to 26-0 first half, come back to lead 28-26, they get a penalty 78th minute to tie the game....20sec left in the game Austin shanks a fieldy, bounces back off the crossbar. Lands in Storm hands who juggle it right into Crokers arms who charges home to seal the deal with a try.

I like the heart attack part coz that's just us!!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Campo88 wrote:So just had a dream... Might have been something to do with picking up the GF tickets soon....

Storm/Raiders GF.

Sorry, I call BS
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

-PJ- wrote:

Storm/Raiders GF.

Sorry, I call BS
I think its the next blockbuster
I don't post facts
Campo88
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by Campo88 »

You can call it Bloomin' Stupendous if you want PJ!
tommyhud9
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by tommyhud9 »

Very hard run in I feel, I'd take 3/5 wins. Playing the top two teams, and two in-form teams (manly/wests) away from home... We have a LOT to do before we are making the top 4.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

The Cows and Dogs play each other again in round 25 so 4 out of 5 wins for us definitely gets us a top 4 position.

The Dogs also play the Broncos in Brisbane, while the Cows also play the Titans and Warriors.

2/5 guarantees us a top 6 spot, but looking at the Titansn, Tigers, Panthers and Warriors draws we probably realistically only need to win 1 game to get there. They all play each other in various combinations so will be knocking each other out of contention.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

If we're being serious it would take a monumental choke for us to not finish in the top 4 of this competition.

3. 32 - Bulldogs
4. 31 - Raiders *
5. 28 - Cowboys
6. 28 - Broncos

* game in hand

We're 3 points clear without even playing this week. If we win tomorrow it's a lay down misere, but even if we lose it should be just about definite. Everything has fallen for us.

- Parra at home minus Scott is our crowd's last chance of a send off, should be a gimme.
- A broken Manly at Brooky minus Walker and maybe Trbojevic?
- Wests without Tedesco, we already beat them by 50 this year with him
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Win tomorrow and seal it would be better
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

-TW- wrote:Win tomorrow and seal it would be better
Yep!!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

I don't like to get too far ahead, but if we beat the storm, we will be looking at outright 3rd or 2nd if the Sharks capitulation continues, with no losses in the next 3 game.

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I'm a bit cautious on the Manly game as its Lyons last home game.