Aidan Sezer

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Re: Aidan Sezer

Post by pickles »

Absolutely agree about quality over quantity from hodgson. There have been plenty of games this season that he has plenty of bad touches including hitting 3-4 props in a row attacking the line or kicking to no one on the third tackle.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Footy commentators talk so much **** sometimes... lol I find it hilarious when they show exactly how inept they are when it comes analysis by stating the bleeding obvious (and then still getting it completely wrong). Of course Hodgson will get more touches playing more minutes at hooker... It has nothing to do with taking control.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote:I'm going to be really upset if we lose Sezer
Me too. He's way better than Williams, but if this salary cap pressure is true then Sezer will go because he's more expensive

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

dubby wrote:
The Nickman wrote:I'm going to be really upset if we lose Sezer
Me too. He's way better than Williams, but if this salary cap pressure is true then Sezer will go because he's more expensive

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
if we did need to free up space then replacing Sezer with Williams probably isn't a bad move, certainly better than losing someone like Tapine or Paulo
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

is taking williams for sezer better then williams for austin though.

Defensively williams /sezer is way better then the train wreck williams / austin would be.

Attachking wise, I suppose williams / austin is marginally better, but by how much?
legend
Simon Woolford

Post by legend »

Sezer on his best day is much better than Williams on his.

Who is going at the end of the season and how much do we save?

Lima
Soliola
Taylor
Oldfield?
CJR
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Cotric

Post by CJR »

legend wrote:Sezer on his best day is much better than Williams on his.

Lima
Soliola
Taylor
Oldfield?
Surely Oldfield will get re-signed. The others wouldn't be more than 500-600k and most of that would be Soliola. Taylor is on minimum and I imagine Lima can't be on much more.

edit: and I'm probably overestimating Soliolas wage too. It's probably close to 400-500k at best

Edit edit: i of course mean 400-500k with all 3 combined. Also that saved money would just go into getting us to be only slightly over the cap still if the reports are true

Sent from my SM-G925I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Lima
Soliola
Taylor
Oldfield?
Jeff Lima
Dave Taylor
Lachlan Croker
Bill Cullen Edit: he's listed as being off contract in 2017 and 2018 so not sure which one is correct.
Makahesi Makatoa
Scott Sorensen

Oldfield and Soliola are both here in 2018.
If you've got cap problems Oldfield isn't going to make much of a difference.

If we are actually over by a decent amount then moving Sezer for someone like Williams or Frawley would help solve it but being over the cap and trying to fill a halfback role is a horrible position to be in. We'd be signing a fill-in to hopefully land a name for 2019 with the fill-in becoming depth.

Also the idea of those off contract players "saving" us money. They're not on the books for 2018. They save us nothing.
Raiders Lim!
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Raiders Lim! »

zim wrote:

Lima
Soliola
Taylor
Oldfield?
Jeff Lima
Dave Taylor
Lachlan Croker
Bill Cullen Edit: he's listed as being off contract in 2017 and 2018 so not sure which one is correct.
Makahesi Makatoa
Scott Sorensen

If we are actually over by a decent amount then moving Sezer for someone like Williams or Frawley would help solve it but being over the cap and trying to fill a halfback role is a horrible position to be in. We'd be signing a fill-in to hopefully land a name for 2019 with the fill-in becoming depth.

Also the idea of those off contract players "saving" us money. They're not on the books for 2018. They save us nothing.
I doubt any of them have an impact on our salary cap barring Soliola. Has there been any official talk of him actually leaving at the end of the season or are we just speculating?
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

Raiders Lim! wrote:
zim wrote:

Lima
Soliola
Taylor
Oldfield?
Jeff Lima
Dave Taylor
Lachlan Croker
Makahesi Makatoa
Scott Sorensen

I doubt any of them have an impact on our salary cap barring Soliola. Has there been any official talk of him actually leaving at the end of the season or are we just speculating?
People speculating because they don't like how he's played this year. No news reports, nothing on Sia's Instagram (that I've seen) has indicated he's gonna hang up the boots this year

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Raiders Lim!
Brett Mullins

Post by Raiders Lim! »

Notaroboticfish wrote:
Raiders Lim! wrote:
zim wrote:

Lima
Soliola
Taylor
Oldfield?
Jeff Lima
Dave Taylor
Lachlan Croker
Makahesi Makatoa
Scott Sorensen

People speculating because they don't like how he's played this year. No news reports, nothing on Sia's Instagram (that I've seen) has indicated he's gonna hang up the boots this year

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
That's what I thought - he ain't going anywhere. Even with the Austo interview on NRL Tonight, the love for him in the squad and the club is still there. He might drop back in the pecking order but I doubt he's being moved on especially with DT leaving.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Watching Townsend tonight against the Broncos makes Sezer look like Thurston
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Just wondering if tonight's game puts our performance against the Sharks into perspective.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Aidan Sezer

Post by The Nickman »

EJ wrote:Just wondering if tonight's game puts our performance against the Sharks into perspective.
Not really. If we complete at 90% we'll beat most teams in the comp, I have no doubt about it.
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins

Post by Bennyinthewest »

I love hodgo but man I wish he would give sezer early ball near the line.
I am a halfback and haven't debated my thoughts on sezer all year but I watch as if I was half and he gets a bad rap. Hodgo smothers him a bit. If you have gun centres outside you and you put it out in front of them on the outside their man you are doing a good job.

He also doesn't get much good ball for his kicks near the line because hodgo is still weighing up his own options.

Anyway I'm happy to have him as the raiders half on our charge for a premiership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Bennyinthewest wrote:I love hodgo but man I wish he would give sezer early ball near the line.
I am a halfback and haven't debated my thoughts on sezer all year but I watch as if I was half and he gets a bad rap. Hodgo smothers him a bit. If you have gun centres outside you and you put it out in front of them on the outside their man you are doing a good job.

He also doesn't get much good ball for his kicks near the line because hodgo is still weighing up his own options.

Anyway I'm happy to have him as the raiders half on our charge for a premiership

Apart from a poor month in the middle of the season, Sezer is playing a lot better than the GH largely credits him

He's not what's been wrong with the team in 2017
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

It's just Agenda driven rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Not Hodgo's fault at all. He plays because Sezer can't. On what grounds does Sezer deserve more ball? He is God awful with the pill.

Classic Sezer today is getting amateurishly getting caught on the 4th close to the line, with Hodgo being required to put a kick in on the last from D/H, blasting it, copping it from the fans as a result, with not one person questioning as to why our halfback did not have the intelligence to make sure he's there for the kick - which is HIS responsibility.

Something that happens to him far, far too frequently, which no one seems to point out and instead divert the blame elsewhere.

Whether it's his fault or not can be debated, but I will say with conviction that if we simply had a better player in the #7 this year, we'd be a in much stronger position. Zero doubt about that. Games like today's, when the entire team is on fire and yet keeps playing to his low baseline, doing the bare minimum standard, only reinforces that belief.
Ginga
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Ginga »

afgtnk wrote:Not Hodgo's fault at all. He plays because Sezer can't. On what grounds does Sezer deserve more ball? He is God awful with the pill.

Classic Sezer today is getting amateurishly getting caught on the 4th close to the line, with Hodgo being required to put a kick in on the last from D/H, blasting it, copping it from the fans as a result, with not one person questioning as to why our halfback did not have the intelligence to make sure he's there for the kick - which is HIS responsibility.

Something that happens to him far, far too frequently, which no one seems to point out and instead divert the blame elsewhere.

Whether it's his fault or not can be debated, but I will say with conviction that if we simply had a better player in the #7 this year, we'd be a in much stronger position. Zero doubt about that. Games like today's, when the entire teamis on fire and yet keeps playing to his low baseline, doing the bare minimum standard, only reinforces that belief.
That's the one! You've finally managed through shear unrelenting persistence to completely convince me the ladder position we find ourselves in the 2017 season is without a doubt the result of Sezer, not sure why I didn't see it earlier.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

afgtnk wrote:Not Hodgo's fault at all. He plays because Sezer can't. On what grounds does Sezer deserve more ball? He is God awful with the pill.

Whether it's his fault or not can be debated, but I will say with conviction that if we simply had a better player in the #7 this year, we'd be a in much stronger position. Zero doubt about that. Games like today's, when the entire team is on fire and yet keeps playing to his low baseline, doing the bare minimum standard, only reinforces that belief.
What an absolute load of ****.
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

Disagree completely.
BJ
Steve Walters

Aidan Sezer

Post by BJ »

Sezer was OK today. Nothing flash but defence was good and kicking into the corners and sideline to slow down the game was very good. Threw a good pass to Austin for Blake to throw a better pass for a try.
Last edited by BJ on August 13, 2017, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

lol. With what part are you disagreeing?

Hodgo better than Sezer with the ball? Fact.

Rookie mistake by getting caught on the 4th? Fact.

His responsibility (predominantly) to be there for the kick? Fact.

If we had a better halfback we would not be better off, considering the number of games that have gone to the wire which he's failed to leave a mark and close unlike the opposition's primary half? **** me - if that's not hard fact I don't know what it is.
Last edited by afgtnk on August 13, 2017, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gorilla
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Gorilla »

Lol I like how you conveniently left out that whoever was on his outside had two warriors players on him as soon as he caught the ball and turned. You really have it out for sezer don't you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

Halfbacks get tackled on the 4th tackle a lot.

You are acting like it's a cardinal sin.

The worst kick of the entire match belonged to hodgson, when he kicked it dead by 20 metres.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue

Post by thedevilingreen »

Jesus christ some things never change with you idiots does it. Sezer could win us the damn grand final and you morons would still find something to complain about wouldn't you

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I don't remember Sezer booting it into the carpark twice, yet Hodgson gets a free pass?

If you're **** canning Sezer, Hodgson deserves an honourable mention today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

thedevilingreen wrote:Jesus christ some things never change with you idiots does it. Sezer could win us the damn grand final and you morons would still find something to complain about wouldn't you

It's one dude.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue

Post by thedevilingreen »

edwahu wrote:
thedevilingreen wrote:Jesus christ some things never change with you idiots does it. Sezer could win us the damn grand final and you morons would still find something to complain about wouldn't you

It's one dude.
Yeah sorry bout that ed.... dude has had my blood boiling for weeks. At least the rest of the morons have disappeared now that they are winning

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Haha exactly
It's one dude, supported by a Broncos HQ troll
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins

Aidan Sezer

Post by Bennyinthewest »

Afgtname

Another time sezer was caught on the 4th was hodgo wanted to.be the man n called a wrap close to the line and sezer got swamped as soon as he caught it.

Difference between u and me is I don't think hodgo is crap because of it (even though I think he is over playing his hand again) I just wish he would give his halfback a chance (where u would blame sezer for being rubbish)

End of the day every club (except Melbourne) has their supporters on their forums bagging out certain players. I'm just saying I watch games from a halves perspective n a lot of times sezer gets his time cut down by austin n sezer. Not the end of the world, also doesn't mean sezer is crap either. I just know I trust sezer with 5th tackle more than the rest n would pass it straight to him!!

afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

When Sezer 'got his chance' against the Broncos with Hodgson out, it was probably his worst game in a Raiders jersey. It makes no sense to give him more ball, when he's so ineffective with it.

As for the "Who'd you have replace him huh??" crowd, well, that little Lino guy outplayed him comfortably today yet most of us would know nothing about him. Nippy, good awareness, dangerous runner, solid short kicking game. Shows that with the right scouting and offer we can easily get an upgrade.
rusty83
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Austin

Post by rusty83 »

We're back to winning ways and as predicted Sezer is back to being a champion half back again, despite virtually no tangible improvement in any area of his game. But when we are winning the rose coloured glasses go on and every player is put on a pedestal. Man i feel this is our year , we just gotta make the finals and man you gotta believe coach gonna take us all the way. If not next year is our year, we gots the momentum n all and i just got this feeling its gonna be our year.

Even Pigman is back on the Sezer bandwagon, got his mojo back n all!
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Surely we'd keep Croker on second tier or at least bottom end of the 30 unless he attracts interest from elsewhere?

Looks like Clark replaces Clydsdale and Roache can still play on a 20s contract next year.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

afgtnk wrote:When Sezer 'got his chance' against the Broncos with Hodgson out, it was probably his worst game in a Raiders jersey. It makes no sense to give him more ball, when he's so ineffective with it.

Not wanting to give you credence but it was noted by 2 or 3 good league pundits during the week that the team does look better when Sezer plays a lesser role.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.