Steve's Lazy Snooker Est 2005

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Steve's Lazy Snooker Est 2005

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: December 14, 2018, 4:01 pm Seabreeze please barkeep.

I've had a pretty rough time at work lately. Really, it's been a disappointing year work wise. Been pondering what on earth I'm doing and for what purpose. I found this quote this week, which has really helped me readjust my thinking. It's been sitting with me ever since I read it
George Bernard Shaw wrote:This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.

I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.

I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no “brief candle” for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.
What's a Seabreeze? Here's a beer.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote:What's a Seabreeze? Here's a beer.
Sea breeze is good. It’s Vodka, Cranberry and Grapefruit
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: December 14, 2018, 4:01 pm Seabreeze please barkeep.

I've had a pretty rough time at work lately. Really, it's been a disappointing year work wise. Been pondering what on earth I'm doing and for what purpose. I found this quote this week, which has really helped me readjust my thinking. It's been sitting with me ever since I read it
George Bernard Shaw wrote:This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.

I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.

I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no “brief candle” for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.
:hi Good quote. Has much changed in 6 months?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
You lost me at grapefruit

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

-TW- wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:

If you were a fruit Tim, you'd be a grapefruit.
Healthy, but bitter

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: May 17, 2019, 12:40 pm
-TW- wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:

Healthy, but bitter

dubby, you'd be an eggplant.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Rickman wrote:
dubby wrote: May 17, 2019, 12:40 pm
-TW- wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:

Healthy, but bitter

And you'd be a rockmelon....or is that a rickmelon?Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: May 17, 2019, 1:10 pm
The Rickman wrote:
dubby wrote: May 17, 2019, 12:40 pm If you were a fruit Tim, you'd be a grapefruit.
Healthy, but bitter

And you'd be a rockmelon....or is that a rickmelon?Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
You could just say I'm Iraqi.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

House White thanks Steve.

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you ask Risk Astley for a DVD of the movie “Up”? He can't give it to you, as he's “Never gonna give you up.” But by not giving you the DVD, he's letting you down, which he can't do because he's “Never gonna let you down.”

What would you do if you were Rick Steve?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:House White thanks Steve.

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you ask Risk Astley for a DVD of the movie “Up”? He can't give it to you, as he's “Never gonna give you up.” But by not giving you the DVD, he's letting you down, which he can't do because he's “Never gonna let you down.”

I’m not Rick Astley so I’d ask Rick Astley. Whatever Rick Astley decides is OK. He’s Rick Astley!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Jesus wept, Steve!
The man drags out a thread, throws you a wonderful cutout ball to bring the thread back into the game and you spill the lollies!

Sent from the Can in the depths of despair
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Botman wrote:Jesus wept, Steve!
The man drags out a thread, throws you a wonderful cutout ball to bring the thread back into the game and you spill the lollies!

Sent from the Can in the depths of despair
Steve Bulgarelli?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

One of the best songs ever! Played once a night at Steve's Lazy Snooker. I once had hair like that. I was once as thin as that too!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

greeneyed wrote: May 3, 2021, 3:31 pm
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:House White thanks Steve.

I’m not Rick Astley so I’d ask Rick Astley. Whatever Rick Astley decides is OK. He’s Rick Astley!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's an interesting side to be on. I was going to follow this up with discussing the Trolley Problem with you, but I think your response will be "I don't work for the Trolley dept."

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Steve's Lazy sex cauldron? I thought they closed this place down!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Rick Astley has some bangers outside of the obvious one

His more recent stuff is a bit meh

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Steve, what's a fair price for an Old Fashioned? I bought a round of ten of them in Canberra a bit back, they charged me $250.

Is $25 too much for an Old Fashioned?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

T_R wrote:Steve, what's a fair price for an Old Fashioned? I bought a round of ten of them in Canberra a bit back, they charged me $250.

Great choice! I would say it’s too much. It’s more than what I pay, but I’m sure you go to classier establishments than I do

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:Steve, what's a fair price for an Old Fashioned? I bought a round of ten of them in Canberra a bit back, they charged me $250.

Jesus, you must’ve been fairly sideways after drinking ten of those!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

T_R wrote: May 5, 2021, 6:36 am Steve, what's a fair price for an Old Fashioned? I bought a round of ten of them in Canberra a bit back, they charged me $250.

Yes, we charge $24.95.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote: May 5, 2021, 7:12 am
T_R wrote: May 5, 2021, 6:36 am Steve, what's a fair price for an Old Fashioned? I bought a round of ten of them in Canberra a bit back, they charged me $250.

Yes, we charge $24.95.
Far more reasonable.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote: May 5, 2021, 6:47 am

Oh, here we go... I guess I can't drive home after THOSE, either.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:

Funny story actually, I just bought a breathalyser, and I’ve been testing out my theory on a Friday lunch where I’ve always said “four before four or five before five”.

Essentially (and using that site rupissed.com that you roundly ****-pooed last time we caught up before stumbling off slurring into the distance) I’ve always stuck by the rule of thumb that for Friday lunch beers if we start at 1pm, if I have 4 schooners of 3.5 I can drive home once we get back to the office at 4pm, but if I have 5 schooners I have to wait until 5pm.

Anywho, fast forward to last week, I’ve got this new breathalyser and I test it out. SoI have my usual five schooners, get back to the office at 3pm thinking I have two hours to wait out and I’m only 0.048! Means I could’ve easily had SIX schooners and head home at 5! This changes everything!!

And before you rag on my new breathalyser, my mate Scully was carrying on like a real TR and saying it was broken, so I got him to blow in it (he’d also had five schooners), and he blew 0.060.

Suck ****, Scully.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote: May 5, 2021, 7:42 am
T_R wrote:

Funny story actually, I just bought a breathalyser, and I’ve been testing out my theory on a Friday lunch where I’ve always said “four before four or five before five”.

Essentially (and using that site rupissed.com that you roundly ****-pooed last time we caught up before stumbling off slurring into the distance) I’ve always stuck by the rule of thumb that for Friday lunch beers if we start at 1pm, if I have 4 schooners of 3.5 I can drive home once we get back to the office at 4pm, but if I have 5 schooners I have to wait until 5pm.

Anywho, fast forward to last week, I’ve got this new breathalyser and I test it out. SoI have my usual five schooners, get back to the office at 3pm thinking I have two hours to wait out and I’m only 0.048! Means I could’ve easily had SIX schooners and head home at 5! This changes everything!!

And before you rag on my new breathalyser, my mate Scully was carrying on like a real TR and saying it was broken, so I got him to blow in it (he’d also had five schooners), and he blew 0.060.

Suck ****, Scully.
I wouldn't mind having an experiment with that. I have always lived by the 'two in the first hour, one an hour after that' rule, and I'd like to see how it actually plays out.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 5, 2021, 6:42 am

Great choice! I would say it’s too much. It’s more than what I pay, but I’m sure you go to classier establishments than I do
Nah, I was in Canberra for a conference and wandered off with a group. God alone knows where we were.

On that note, I think that drink prices in Canberra are the highest in the country. Wine prices in restaurants are absolutely outrageous.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:
T_R wrote:

Suck ****, Scully.
I wouldn't mind having an experiment with that. I have always lived by the 'two in the first hour, one an hour after that' rule, and I'd like to see how it actually plays out.
I’ve always found I’m well ahead of that standard rule, which is meant to apply to everyone. And just using rupissed.com I’ve always used the rule of thumb I can have three schooners of 3.5 to start and I’m at the limit, a fourth one in the first three hours and a fifth one in the first four hours to be at the limit.

And all uses of the breathalyser to date have confirmed I’m even ahead of that rule of thumb, which is great.

Scully and I went to Beef Week yesterday (a complete **** show, but that’s a story for a different time) and had four cans of Crisp (exactly four standard drinks) in a bit over an hour.

Got back to the car and I was 0.042, so still under the limit nicely.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

T_R wrote:

Suck ****, Scully.
I guess you had to be there.. :-P

Nickman's love of NSW
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 5, 2021, 8:57 am
T_R wrote:

Suck ****, Scully.
I guess you had to be there.. :-P
Hahaha you know when I typed that very line I expected this response from you.

Well played, sir.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

FTR - I was speaking with Mrs Fui. $25 for an Old Fashioned is acceptable.
I don't usually pay attention to prices, I just drink them

Nickman's love of NSW
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 5, 2021, 11:04 am FTR - I was speaking with Mrs Fui. $25 for an Old Fashioned is acceptable.
I appreciate the feedback. There seems to be a $20 Old Fashioned price ceiling here in God's country, so I was obviously enraged to be overcharged in Canberra.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: May 5, 2021, 11:24 am
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 5, 2021, 11:04 am FTR - I was speaking with Mrs Fui. $25 for an Old Fashioned is acceptable.
I appreciate the feedback. There seems to be a $20 Old Fashioned price ceiling here in God's country, so I was obviously enraged to be overcharged in Canberra.
I'll order one at my local pub when I duck down there next.

Check back with me in an hour or so.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

$25 is overcharged. $20 is what I'd be expecting. Next door they've got an afternoon cocktail happy hour. Whisky sours at half price is a dangerous gambit.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I don't know what any of these drinks mean... Steve??
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

For you we have beer, beer or beer.