2021 NSW Cup

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2021 NSW Cup

Post by greeneyed »

NSWRL makes tough call to abandon major competitions

The NSWRL Board has made the very difficult decision to abandon a number of Major Competitions for the 2021 season in response to the COVID-19 outbreak across the Greater Sydney Region.

The competitions affected include The Knock-On Effect NSW Cup, Harvey Norman NSW Women’s Premiership, Jersey Flegg Cup, Ron Massey Cup and Sydney Shield, which were suspended at the start of July.

Read more: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2021/08/1 ... petitions/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Bit disappointing.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Hard to blame him if the offer is getting in the 17 some weeks. Unfortunately we can't keep em all.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

zim wrote:Hard to blame him if the offer is getting in the 17 some weeks. Unfortunately we can't keep em all.
only thought about him yesterday, really interested to see where he lands career wise

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote:NSWRL makes tough call to abandon major competitions

The NSWRL Board has made the very difficult decision to abandon a number of Major Competitions for the 2021 season in response to the COVID-19 outbreak across the Greater Sydney Region.

The competitions affected include The Knock-On Effect NSW Cup, Harvey Norman NSW Women’s Premiership, Jersey Flegg Cup, Ron Massey Cup and Sydney Shield, which were suspended at the start of July.

Read more: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2021/08/1 ... petitions/
I’m not the only one who sees the irony in the Knock-On Effect NSW Cup suffering the knock-on effects of the Covid outbreak?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I hear they don't even have a cup. It's more of a chalice.