Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: The Television Thread

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Lighting… definitely not a singer
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

-PJ- wrote: August 3, 2021, 2:14 pm MrsPJ and I have just watched the 3rd and final season of Mr Inbetween.

We really enjoyed it.
Greatest Australian series ever. By a very, very long way imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Gonna say Baby is Ella Hooper
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

julian87 wrote: September 14, 2021, 8:03 pm
-PJ- wrote: August 3, 2021, 2:14 pm MrsPJ and I have just watched the 3rd and final season of Mr Inbetween.

We really enjoyed it.
Greatest Australian series ever. By a very, very long way imo.
It was a fantastic show.

Ole Ian Roberts making a cameo in the final series as well.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Yes!
Mr Inbetween is great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Duster… pretty shocking outfit

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Television Thread

Atlantis… this is a hard season so far! Voice was recognisable, but the clues are hard. I’m going with Gina Liano

Piñata to go

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Cant help but feel piñata sounds like Nazeem

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Television Thread

Duster got the boot.

Big reveal: George Colombaris. Bit of a meh one. Guessing he needed the money to pay some staffers

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Dolly is totally Em Rusciano

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:Interested to hear what you think of it. It' a very fun show imo
Halfway through season 6 and I’m loving it. It’s definitely exceeded my expectations.

*** Potential Spoilers ***
If I was to have one gripe, it would be that Aram is an absolute punish. Dude can’t take a hint. I was borderline yelling at him when he insisted in one ep Navabi talks about her dementia at work, then when she tries to talk to him about it at their place, he shuts her down and said it wasn’t time.

He’s been annoying to watch since Navabi was put in hospital.

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: September 25, 2021, 4:45 pm
Halfway through season 6 and I’m loving it. It’s definitely exceeded my expectations.

If I was to have one gripe, it would be that Aram is an absolute punish. Dude can’t take a hint. I was borderline yelling at him when he insisted in one ep Navabi talks about her dementia at work, then when she tries to talk to him about it at their place, he shuts her down and said it wasn’t time.

Haha I quite like Aram as a character but that period was not his crowning achievements haha
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: September 25, 2021, 4:45 pm

Haha I quite like Aram as a character but that period was not his crowning achievements haha
Yeah I’ve liked Aram, but he’s making life hard to watch at the moment

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I'll say this, the situation gets resolved fairly quickly so hang in there
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Television Thread

Channel 10 have opened up the chequebook with Masked Singer! Vinnie Jones, Macy Gray last night. Convinced Vampire’s Anastacia.

My guesses so far;
Baby: Em Rusciano
Vampire: Anastacia
Baby: Ella Hooper
Mullet: Jimmy Giggle
Kebab: Jack Vidgen
Lightning: Alli Simpson

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Started watching Ted Lasso tonight. Man it’s so good. Definitely recommend it. It’s about an American football coach brought in to coach an English soccer team.

I love the character of Ted. The show could have easily used his naivety and made him the butt of all jokes, but they haven’t gone in that direction which is nice.

It’s one of those nice shows the world needs right now. GE - I have a feeling this would be up your alley

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: October 10, 2021, 5:28 pm Started watching Ted Lasso tonight. Man it’s so good. Definitely recommend it. It’s about an American football coach brought in to coach an English soccer team.

I love the character of Ted. The show could have easily used his naivety and made him the butt of all jokes, but they haven’t gone in that direction which is nice.

It’s one of those nice shows the world needs right now. GE - I have a feeling this would be up your alley
I did try to watch it at one stage, but I'll give it another go (before I cancel Apple TV again).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Have watched the first couple of episodes… and it’s pretty clear I actually watched about five minutes of each. Promising. Will watch it through.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Up to ep 7. I was wrong about the naivety. You start to see he’s not naive, but he’s making a concerted effort to be who he is. Makes me like the character even more.

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just finished the first season. Just terrific I thought. Reminded me a lot of the movie Bull Durham. Any one whose ever watched a post game press conference, etc etc will have a lot of fun.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Oh wow you overtook me! I’m up to ep 8. Plan to finish Season 1 tonight

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Through to episode eight of season two of Ted Lasso. Laughed out loud, seriously. Had a few tears. It’s a great show. Not sure if there’s only four episodes left this series… will have to wait for tomorrow.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

Yep season is done GE, we finished it the other night. Concur, it’s a great series. My wife didn’t want to watch it to begin but, couple of episodes in and she loved it.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Brewdle wrote:Yep season is done GE, we finished it the other night. Concur, it’s a great series. My wife didn’t want to watch it to begin but, couple of episodes in and she loved it.
I avoided it because it looked ridiculous.

But the wife and I have really enjoyed it. They give some of the best lines to the female characters, which is great.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Finished season two of Ted Lasso. It’s a great show. Being about soccer I was not that keen. But it’s not really about soccer. It’s about life, the universe and everything… and sport. So many moments made me think of the Raiders and life as a Raiders fan as well. I’m going to have to search out some of the great quotes.

Football is life!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

greeneyed wrote:Finished season two of Ted Lasso. It’s a great show. Being about soccer I was not that keen. But it’s not really about soccer. It’s about life, the universe and everything… and sport. So many moments made me think of the Raiders and life as a Raiders fan as well. I’m going to have to search out some of the great quotes.

Football is life!
“There’s worse things in life than being sad. Like being sad and alone, and you’re not alone.”

“She’s a tough cookie, and y’know what you do with tough cookies? You dip them in milk.”

This show is so quotable. I just watched the Tottenham episode. It’s so good.

I saw a story that the shows struck a deal with the EPL regarding use of official merchandise, logos, Brands etc. So the theory is Season 3 might have some player cameos, proper game footage and who knows what else. To be honest, I don’t think they need it.

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

No they don’t. It’s not about soccer. It’ll drown it.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Squid Game is amazing
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Are you watching squid game with subtitles or dubbed? I tried last weekend but I was too drunk to follow the subtitles so opted for dubbing and didn't like the voices. Might try again with subtitles and sober.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

gergreg wrote:Are you watching squid game with subtitles or dubbed? I tried last weekend but I was too drunk to follow the subtitles so opted for dubbing and didn't like the voices. Might try again with subtitles and sober.
I learned while watching Dark, you have to go with the Subtitles. Dubbing on Netflix is weird

Nickman's love of NSW
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
gergreg wrote:Are you watching squid game with subtitles or dubbed? I tried last weekend but I was too drunk to follow the subtitles so opted for dubbing and didn't like the voices. Might try again with subtitles and sober.
I learned while watching Dark, you have to go with the Subtitles. Dubbing on Netflix is weird
and modern cheap TV's have terrible volume for dialogue so subtitles are a thing.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

bonehead wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
and modern cheap TV's have terrible volume for dialogue so subtitles are a thing.

I’m struggling to get my TV settings right on Netflix. I turn it right up so I can hear what they’re saying, then get my eardrums blown when they hit the music or shoot out scenes

Nickman's love of NSW
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
bonehead wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:

I’m struggling to get my TV settings right on Netflix. I turn it right up so I can hear what they’re saying, then get my eardrums blown when they hit the music or shoot out scenes
Tenet was terrible for this. You couldn't hear the dialogue clearly but the explosions etc were ridiculously loud.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: October 13, 2021, 1:16 pm Are you watching squid game with subtitles or dubbed? I tried last weekend but I was too drunk to follow the subtitles so opted for dubbing and didn't like the voices. Might try again with subtitles and sober.
We did dubbing in ep 1, then moved to subtitles.
Way better
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

greeneyed wrote:No they don’t. It’s not about soccer. It’ll drown it.
*** Ted Lasso Spoilers ***

Just finished Season 2. I’m hoping the EPL deal is just because of Nate coaching West Ham.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with him. Considering he needed the culture Ted built to allow him to grow. He had no respect from anyone before Ted came into the scene

Nickman's love of NSW