The Television Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: The Television Thread

Post by greeneyed »

Love Island Australia. It’s back. Just as good as ever. One of the best TV formats ever.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I can't believe someone of your intellect loves love island

I just don't get it

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Have you watched it? Nine Now now.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I've seen it in the past

I'd watch it if I'm horrendously hungover and don't want to think. Otherwise pass

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Oh well.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

-TW- wrote:I can't believe someone of your intellect loves love island

I just don't get it

I love that someone of GE’s intellect loves it!

Had to avoid this thread for a bit because I was behind on Masked Singer. Only two I recognised from their voices were Anastacia and Ben Lee. Was a good season Image

Starting Ted Lasso now with the wife, off to a good start.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Love Island tonight… outstanding.

Succession tonight… best show on the planet by some distance. What an opening for season three.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

gangrenous wrote:
-TW- wrote:I can't believe someone of your intellect loves love island

I just don't get it

I love that someone of GE’s intellect loves it!

Had to avoid this thread for a bit because I was behind on Masked Singer. Only two I recognised from their voices were Anastacia and Ben Lee. Was a good season Image

Starting Ted Lasso now with the wife, off to a good start.
Sorry mate. Next season I’ll put spoilers up for the reveals, so you can get involved in the speculation also!
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Nah, all good Fui I was avoiding even speculation since you’re way too good at it. Was keen to go in just by ear.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Amazing episode of Love Island Australia tonight! One of the best ever! And having now seen the ad for next week... !
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just finished tonight’s episode of Love Island Australia… and just as good when last week left off!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

As a connoisseur and lover of reality TV, im continually gobsmacked by how much you love that show

It's like an amalgamation of other better shows... its like a guy buying the coles brand chips, not because they dont have the means to access a better quality packet of salt and vinegar but because they genuinely think they're better than Smiths... it's hard to fathom.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Go to Nine Now... watch the last two episodes... and tell me you weren't entertained!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I'm being totally judgemental and generalising because I've never watched more than a couple of minutes of the show. But it looks like Big Brother in bikinis with the contestants having single digit IQs. Maybe 20 years ago the eye candy would have appealed to me but I'm struggling to imagine how this could be a good show.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: October 26, 2021, 4:38 pm I'm being totally judgemental and generalising because I've never watched more than a couple of minutes of the show. But it looks like Big Brother in bikinis with the contestants having single digit IQs. Maybe 20 years ago the eye candy would have appealed to me but I'm struggling to imagine how this could be a good show.
A true connoisseur of reality tv barely thinks about the eye candy factor. I've never really be interested in the T&A side of things.
The interest is in human action, reaction, and interaction in very abnormal situations. Its an exercise in being interested in human interaction.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote: October 27, 2021, 9:31 pm
gergreg wrote: October 26, 2021, 4:38 pm I'm being totally judgemental and generalising because I've never watched more than a couple of minutes of the show. But it looks like Big Brother in bikinis with the contestants having single digit IQs. Maybe 20 years ago the eye candy would have appealed to me but I'm struggling to imagine how this could be a good show.
A true connoisseur of reality tv barely thinks about the eye candy factor. I've never really be interested in the T&A side of things.
The interest is in human action, reaction, and interaction in very abnormal situations. Its an exercise in being interested in human interaction.
That’s what Love Island is. Plus there’s eye candy and a sarcastic comedian. What more could you want?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I'm probably not their target market and I would never refer to myself as a reality TV connoisseur. I've been doing much more gaming than watching TV lately.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Television Thread

Botman wrote:
Is there any reality show where you think “I could have a crack at that”?

I think for me it’s Survivor. I know I’d have no chance, but I’d do it for fun. My strategy would just be myself, aloof and with NFI of who’s doing what, and see how far I can bumble my way through.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: October 28, 2021, 5:08 pm
Botman wrote:
Is there any reality show where you think “I could have a crack at that”?

I think for me it’s Survivor. I know I’d have no chance, but I’d do it for fun. My strategy would just be myself, aloof and with NFI of who’s doing what, and see how far I can bumble my way through.
Survivor is the obvious choice
Though I think I’d struggle with some of the physical endurance challenges and I hate camping so the conditions would be a big issue. I’d have a strong social and tactical game

Otherwise, i think my wife and I would actually be really good on the amazing race
There was an old reality tv on VH1 called “I love money” that I think I’d have gone alright at

If i took the time to learn some additional skills like tempering chocolate, masterchef would be cool, I wouldn’t win but I think I could come up 2-3 dishes that got some good reviews

And of course I’d be an incredibly attractive, charismatic and engaging bachelor, but alas this beast has been tamed :(
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Have you seen Hunted? I’ve watched the US and UK versions, and it’s coming to Aus. I think I could go ok on that. Basically you have to spend 20 days on the run without getting caught by a group of ex-FBI and other law enforcement agencies.

That’s another one I could give a shake. I don’t mind camping, and I have mates that live in some pretty remote bush areas that I think can hide me. Only annoying thing is they give you a credit card for $500 and you have to make mandatory withdrawals so they can track the transactions.

Nickman's love of NSW
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Fui not sure you could get away with playing Survivor without playing the game. Not this far into the series. I have watched a little bit of this one and everybody has game now.

Bot... I think the amazing race would be a really cool one to go on and I think the wife and I would go ok. She speaks 5 or 6 languages and I think I'd be pretty good on those challenges. We're both reasonably fit.

I keep encouraging her to go on Masterchef, sure I'm biased but I think she could honestly go close to winning it.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

gergreg wrote:Fui not sure you could get away with playing Survivor without playing the game. Not this far into the series. I have watched a little bit of this one and everybody has game now.

Bot... I think the amazing race would be a really cool one to go on and I think the wife and I would go ok. She speaks 5 or 6 languages and I think I'd be pretty good on those challenges. We're both reasonably fit.

I keep encouraging her to go on Masterchef, sure I'm biased but I think she could honestly go close to winning it.
See, that’s where I think it could work. People would think you’re playing, but you’re just along for the ride.

You wouldn’t win, but I don’t think you’d be the first out snuffing your torch either.

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: October 28, 2021, 5:58 pm Have you seen Hunted? I’ve watched the US and UK versions, and it’s coming to Aus. I think I could go ok on that. Basically you have to spend 20 days on the run without getting caught by a group of ex-FBI and other law enforcement agencies.

That’s another one I could give a shake. I don’t mind camping, and I have mates that live in some pretty remote bush areas that I think can hide me. Only annoying thing is they give you a credit card for $500 and you have to make mandatory withdrawals so they can track the transactions.
Your post is the first i've heard of it, sounds amazing. I see channel 10 have got one coming in 2022... very excited for that now!
But yeah that'd be a fun one, reckon i'd do alright at that too
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: October 28, 2021, 6:11 pm Fui not sure you could get away with playing Survivor without playing the game. Not this far into the series. I have watched a little bit of this one and everybody has game now.

Yeah my wife can get by in a lot of countries with language. She's got some spanish, french, portugese. I've got some ROUGH German

But mostly we're not people who fight at all, we dont really even raise our voices at each other unless it's jest
and generally work on the basis of logic and probability. Not sure we'd be very entertaining so we'd never get on, but i'd back us to win it if we ever did
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

The Television Thread

Botman wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: October 28, 2021, 5:58 pm Have you seen Hunted? I’ve watched the US and UK versions, and it’s coming to Aus. I think I could go ok on that. Basically you have to spend 20 days on the run without getting caught by a group of ex-FBI and other law enforcement agencies.

Your post is the first i've heard of it, sounds amazing. I see channel 10 have got one coming in 2022... very excited for that now!
But yeah that'd be a fun one, reckon i'd do alright at that too
It’s a great show. In the US version, the first winners were two people who build Escape Rooms for a living. They did a lot of funky tricks to throw the chasers off. They had this awesome system where they gave their friends access to an email account. They would all communicate by writing draft emails. They couldn’t be traced because the emails weren’t being sent.

The best was these two college jocks, who lasted 15 days just by charming women and asking to crash on their couches. One of the chasers was an ex-Texas Ranger, put a red alert out for them on Tinder, and that was the end of them.

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

**** man... i gotta find this show somewhere on the dark web... sounds incredible.
@Fuifui Bradbrad going to need you the slide into my DM's and tell me how you watched this show
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Botman wrote:**** man... i gotta find this show somewhere on the dark web... sounds incredible.
@Fuifui Bradbrad going to need you the slide into my DM's and tell me how you watched this show
Yeah man. I watched it on Foxtel, but it has to be somewhere.

The US version is the best. The chase crew were all ex FBI, US Marshalls, Texas Rangers and would go all out with tech law enforcement use.

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

In other news, im about to watch the series finale of Wentworth... be into this show since it came on... lost it's way towards the end, things have gotten a bit silly late, and now is probably the right time to say goodbye... but very concerned about the fate of some of the charactors

Just really need to see Rita, Roo, Boomer and Will Jackson get through this without bleeding out.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Botman wrote:
Yeah my wife can get by in a lot of countries with language. She's got some spanish, french, portugese. I've got some ROUGH German
I think we all know how you learnt rough German Image

I would love to play survivor, I’m a big fan and I’ve watched most of them. Similar to others I hate camping and not sure my body would do well, otherwise I’d be in there! Think I’d have a strong strategic game and a decent social game. In real life I’m not as abrasive Image

It’d be good to be on Botman’s season so we could spend it arguing and hating on each other while we have a secret alliance and final 2 pact.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: October 28, 2021, 7:25 pm It’d be good to be on Botman’s season so we could spend it arguing and hating on each other while we have a secret alliance and final 2 pact.
They'd never see it comin', Gangers :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just saw the latest episode of Succession. It is the best thing on TV right now, by a very long way.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jus caught up with tonight’s Love Island. Mostly expected but the surprise was a doozy! Can’t wait for the fall out tomorrow night now.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Love Island tonight...

Ryan explaining to his new girl friend who is a travel agent, who admits she doesn't know where all these international places are... like is Bali to Thailand international travel or domestic? "International. Bali and Singapore and stuff... that's Indonesia. Thailand and stuff... that's Asia."

New girlfriend... "I did not know that. No idea."

Ryan... "Then you have got Europe at the top. And Japan by itself. ("Did you look at a map?") I'm actually genuinely smart."

You can't get a better reality show than this. Not possible.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

greeneyed wrote: November 9, 2021, 9:49 pm
You can't get a better reality show than this. Not possible.
You are an embarrassment.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Mr Inbetween is unbelievably good. Best show since Breaking Bad.