Josh Hodgson signs with Eels for 2023

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Free to leave: Wests Tigers to offer Raiders star Josh Hodgson two-year deal

Post by Botman »

Corey Norman and Wighton would be a terrible pairing too on the field
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Re: Free to leave: Wests Tigers to offer Raiders star Josh Hodgson two-year deal

Post by gangrenous »

Sure, but you’re overlooking their potential for off field!
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Botman wrote: November 15, 2021, 7:05 am
afgtnk wrote: November 14, 2021, 10:47 pm
Botman wrote: November 14, 2021, 9:53 pm
greeneyed wrote: November 14, 2021, 9:38 pm I guess we will see. I’m not convinced about the suddenly acquired great negotiation skills of the Tigers.
You dont need great negotiation skills here. Just read the papers, understand what the player agent is telling you and hold your ground. That's it. You or i could be doing this deal for the tigers and it'd be fine... the negotations to this point have pretty much been this:

Raiderss: Sorry, we're going to keep Josh unless you up your offer on freight
Tigers: No worries, the deal is firm at 500k, let us know when you're ready to do the deal.

Raiders: No deal, we'll just keep him then.
Tigers: No worries. Let us know if you change your mind

Raiders: *weeks later* just so you know, we'll really keep him unless you up the offer!
Tigers: OK.

Raiders: *weeks later* No, seriously
Tigers: Sure, if you want to keep him, we wish you and him the best of luck in 2022.

Raiders: ...

Raiders: ....

Raiders: .... We'll REALLY keep him! We will!
Tigers: No worries. 500k, the deal is firm.

The tigers management appear to mostly incompetent but there is no reason to believe if they havent folded 3 months into this rumour which has been solidly reported that they are firm on 500k, that that'll suddenly wake up tomorrow and panic... it could happen but the raiders hanging on to him until march and having him involved in pre season, to save 100k of cap space over a single year would be the dumbest **** **** they could do.

Either the club is serious about playing this contract out and they should close down negotiations. Or take the deal and move on. Those are their options.
That'd be fine.... if it were a Curtis Scott level player we're talking about here.

This is Josh Hodgson. Leader, highly experienced international, potential game changer, a guy who can rise the tide for all the boats, who was absolutely instrumental in turning around our fortunes on the field. They don't grow on trees. The Tigers haven't made the finals for a decade, and Maguire and Pascoe are hanging onto their jobs by a thread, with the pressure of Sydney's media on them.

Let's not pretend they hold all the cards here, because they don't. They will have a level of desperation, which should duly be exploited.
That’s clearly not how this club sees him anymore. Otherwise they wouldn’t be trying to shove him out the door.

The tigers know this too.

And what do we say to that?
“Oh we’re only releasing him because he and the coach don’t get along. He’s still a great player!”

And the response? “Oh so this player is such a problem that even though he’s great you want him out? Why would we pay more freight than we’re comfortable with for another problem like BJ?”

There is no way to spin this where the raiders hold the cards unless we are truly willing to walk away from negotiations and tell Josh to saddle up for 2022 in Canberra.

I don’t believe the club is willing to do that.
That's mostly an assumption, and common one to make. In these situations, information is always assymetric. Another club, another set of fans won't see this in the exact same way we do.

We should not be fooled here - Wests Tigers are most desperate than us. I repeat - their coach and CEO are hanging onto their roles by a thread. Their board is under fire. They're putting all their chips in to come up with something here, because they suck a lot more than we do.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

afgtnk wrote:
Botman wrote: November 15, 2021, 7:05 am
afgtnk wrote: November 14, 2021, 10:47 pm
Botman wrote: November 14, 2021, 9:53 pm
greeneyed wrote: November 14, 2021, 9:38 pm I guess we will see. I’m not convinced about the suddenly acquired great negotiation skills of the Tigers.
You dont need great negotiation skills here. Just read the papers, understand what the player agent is telling you and hold your ground. That's it. You or i could be doing this deal for the tigers and it'd be fine... the negotations to this point have pretty much been this:

Raiderss: Sorry, we're going to keep Josh unless you up your offer on freight
Tigers: No worries, the deal is firm at 500k, let us know when you're ready to do the deal.

Raiders: No deal, we'll just keep him then.
Tigers: No worries. Let us know if you change your mind

Raiders: *weeks later* just so you know, we'll really keep him unless you up the offer!
Tigers: OK.

Raiders: *weeks later* No, seriously
Tigers: Sure, if you want to keep him, we wish you and him the best of luck in 2022.

Raiders: ...

Raiders: ....

Raiders: .... We'll REALLY keep him! We will!
Tigers: No worries. 500k, the deal is firm.

The tigers management appear to mostly incompetent but there is no reason to believe if they havent folded 3 months into this rumour which has been solidly reported that they are firm on 500k, that that'll suddenly wake up tomorrow and panic... it could happen but the raiders hanging on to him until march and having him involved in pre season, to save 100k of cap space over a single year would be the dumbest **** **** they could do.

Either the club is serious about playing this contract out and they should close down negotiations. Or take the deal and move on. Those are their options.
That'd be fine.... if it were a Curtis Scott level player we're talking about here.

This is Josh Hodgson. Leader, highly experienced international, potential game changer, a guy who can rise the tide for all the boats, who was absolutely instrumental in turning around our fortunes on the field. They don't grow on trees. The Tigers haven't made the finals for a decade, and Maguire and Pascoe are hanging onto their jobs by a thread, with the pressure of Sydney's media on them.

Let's not pretend they hold all the cards here, because they don't. They will have a level of desperation, which should duly be exploited.
That’s clearly not how this club sees him anymore. Otherwise they wouldn’t be trying to shove him out the door.

The tigers know this too.

And what do we say to that?
“Oh we’re only releasing him because he and the coach don’t get along. He’s still a great player!”

And the response? “Oh so this player is such a problem that even though he’s great you want him out? Why would we pay more freight than we’re comfortable with for another problem like BJ?”

There is no way to spin this where the raiders hold the cards unless we are truly willing to walk away from negotiations and tell Josh to saddle up for 2022 in Canberra.

I don’t believe the club is willing to do that.
That's mostly an assumption, and common one to make. In these situations, information is always assymetric. Another club, another set of fans won't see this in the exact same way we do.

We should not be fooled here - Wests Tigers are most desperate than us. I repeat - their coach and CEO are hanging onto their roles by a thread. Their board is under fire. They're putting all their chips in to come up with something here, because they suck a lot more than we do.
I think both parties are equally keen to get this deal done and it's now a contest to see who gets the better deal.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

afgtnk wrote: November 16, 2021, 7:22 am That's mostly an assumption, and common one to make. In these situations, information is always assymetric. Another club, another set of fans won't see this in the exact same way we do.

If they're as desperate and dumb as we want to pretend, the deal would be done already.

Let me ask you this, do you really think the club are willing to have Josh Hodgson on the roster in 2022?

Because for me this conversation branches two ways depending on what you think the club is willing to do (which is not to confused with what you think the club SHOULD be willing to do)

If you think the club is really earnestly willing to have Josh Hodgson play out his 2022 deal, then you're 100% right. And to be clear, I agree that's what we SHOULD be willing to do. We should be willing to have Josh Hodgson play out the contract, we should expect Hodgson be professional and expect the club/coach and him to work through their issues and have a productive season if the Tigers or someone else dont give a deal we think is good enough to lose the player over.

My issue is, i dont believe the club is willing to do that, i think the breakdown in relationship is too far gone. And in spite of all public declarations, the fact they haven't walked away from talks and any time this situation gets quiet, we get a new news cycle around it without the club straight up shutting it down tells me they aren't willing to do that. They don't want him at the club.

The player clearly does not want to be here, that's not in dispute, and had a public falling out with coach and club last year. I think we have a coach who is known to get in his feelings more than he should. I dont think Hodgson, Stuart or the Raiders in general think this situation is tenable... and if that's the branch you come down on, and certainly given the tigers haven't moved an inch off their position, i feel confident in saying that's how they perceive it, then we're banged, because they're making a bet (and a fairly good on imo) that the club cant have Hodgson and all they have to do is sit tight and wait for us to blink... and if im correct (and to be clear, this is just my reading of the tea leaves, i've been wrong before and will be again im sure) and Stuart really isnt willing to have him at this club for 2022, then we will blink first.
BJ123
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Chicka

Post by BJ123 »

An additional question is can the Raiders get a better lock and Hooker backup than Hodgson for $500k.
Akyle1994
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by Akyle1994 »

Botman wrote: November 16, 2021, 8:46 am
afgtnk wrote: November 16, 2021, 7:22 am That's mostly an assumption, and common one to make. In these situations, information is always assymetric. Another club, another set of fans won't see this in the exact same way we do.

If they're as desperate and dumb as we want to pretend, the deal would be done already.

Let me ask you this, do you really think the club are willing to have Josh Hodgson on the roster in 2022?

Because for me this conversation branches two ways depending on what you think the club is willing to do (which is not to confused with what you think the club SHOULD be willing to do)

If you think the club is really earnestly willing to have Josh Hodgson play out his 2022 deal, then you're 100% right. And to be clear, I agree that's what we SHOULD be willing to do. We should be willing to have Josh Hodgson play out the contract, we should expect Hodgson be professional and expect the club/coach and him to work through their issues and have a productive season if the Tigers or someone else dont give a deal we think is good enough to lose the player over.

My issue is, i dont believe the club is willing to do that, i think the breakdown in relationship is too far gone. And in spite of all public declarations, the fact they haven't walked away from talks and any time this situation gets quiet, we get a new news cycle around it without the club straight up shutting it down tells me they aren't willing to do that. They don't want him at the club.

The player clearly does not want to be here, that's not in dispute, and had a public falling out with coach and club last year. I think we have a coach who is known to get in his feelings more than he should. I dont think Hodgson, Stuart or the Raiders in general think this situation is tenable... and if that's the branch you come down on, and certainly given the tigers haven't moved an inch off their position, i feel confident in saying that's how they perceive it, then we're banged, because they're making a bet (and a fairly good on imo) that the club cant have Hodgson and all they have to do is sit tight and wait for us to blink... and if im correct (and to be clear, this is just my reading of the tea leaves, i've been wrong before and will be again im sure) and Stuart really isnt willing to have him at this club for 2022, then we will blink first.
I agree with Stuart not willing to have him at the club for 2022 but I don’t think it extends beyond him. He's not had issues with the club as such, we keep pressing on the Gwilly incident as a representation of his relationship with the club as Hodgson spoke out on the article that came out, let’s not forget Hodgson lost his brother some years back to ‘clinical depression’ and has been a big advocate for mental health, his defence was with the targeted article against Williams, which the fingers have been pointed previously at who leaks them. Someone who was suffering with mental health with little support confided in the club to be sacked and have his mental health status plastered on the news, if it was any other workplace they’d be embroiled in a large lawsuit for unfair dismissal and sharing confidential information. The decision to sack him was Stuart’s I think the club would have been equally as unimpressed as Hodgson with the way it was handled.

The same article Hodgson spoke on his brother he spoke on Stuart -

“Throughout his career as a champion player and coach, Sticky has never been known to take a backward step. He was famous for it. But he has finally done it and it’s all in the name of progress.

Sticky been a lot calmer this season compared with previous years. He is actively seeking more input from the senior players. We have been encouraged to approach him and share our thoughts on just about everything – from team selections, to issues arising from training, to ideas regarding the games.

There’s a good reason for this. When you have been at a club for a few years like he has, there has only been one main voice in the place: his voice. As all experienced coaches like Sticky know, hearing the same instructions from the same voice can turn into white noise for the players.”

That year they went on to play the grand final. Since loosing the GF, a disappointing 2020 season due to injury..one of them being Hodgson, Stuart has since gone back to his old ways which obviously doesn’t bring out the best in his players. Hodgson stepping down as captain is probably down to this issue, the senior players being overshadowed by Stuart’s my way or the high way attitude. This is where the issue between the two stems from I believe. Hodgson engages much throughout the raiders community and has strong relationships throughout as does Stuart, the two of them in disagreement is bound to be an issue for everyone, I do however think the issue is between the two of them and it will come down to if Stuart gets his way, the club however need to realise the relationship is irreconcilable and move Hodgson on for the good of the club.

My concern is how it effects us moving forward. After the multiple incidents this year we’re not the most appetising club to come to and another public battle with a high profile player is not making us any more favourable for potential recruits. It sucks!!
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

BJ123 wrote: November 16, 2021, 10:24 am An additional question is can the Raiders get a better lock and Hooker backup than Hodgson for $500k.
We already know the answer to that question and it's no. I don't think that answer plays a major role in the decision tbh.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm not sure that the decision to release George Williams was Ricky Stuart's decision alone. The public reports indicate it followed a discussion between coach and CEO... and I'd be surprised if there wasn't legal advice happening, and I'd think there'd be consultation with other powers that be, like the Chairman (probably).
Akyle1994
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Akyle1994 »

greeneyed wrote: November 16, 2021, 11:31 am I'm not sure that the decision to release George Williams was Ricky Stuart's decision alone. The public reports indicate it followed a discussion between coach and CEO... and I'd be surprised if there wasn't legal advice happening, and I'd think there'd be consultation with other powers that be, like the Chairman (probably).
From the reports his sacking happened within an hour of him speaking with Stuart :hmmm

A few hours later it had been leaked to the media which is how the team found out they were without a key play maker for the rest of the season.
CrabLord
Noa Nadruku

Post by CrabLord »

Hodgson posted a video of him running around in a raiders kit training on the weekend.

The nay-sayers will claim otherwise, but Hodgo is due back at training Friday this week, with the rest of the top tier first graders. Based on that it seems pretty clear to me that both the Raiders and Josh plan for him to play the next season in Canberra.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

BJ123 wrote: November 16, 2021, 10:24 am An additional question is can the Raiders get a better lock and Hooker backup than Hodgson for $500k.
It depends on what the club has left in the cap for spot 30. 2 players need to come in, one a hooker.

4 rigid halfbacks in the top 30 is the main problem at this point for mine. Normally i think players 25-30 don't matter too much given the development set up. But the squad is in a ridiculous spot due to Fogarty, Williams, Frawley and Schneider imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Akyle1994 wrote: November 16, 2021, 12:34 pm
greeneyed wrote: November 16, 2021, 11:31 am I'm not sure that the decision to release George Williams was Ricky Stuart's decision alone. The public reports indicate it followed a discussion between coach and CEO... and I'd be surprised if there wasn't legal advice happening, and I'd think there'd be consultation with other powers that be, like the Chairman (probably).
From the reports his sacking happened within an hour of him speaking with Stuart :hmmm

A few hours later it had been leaked to the media which is how the team found out they were without a key play maker for the rest of the season.
There is no way a decision to sack anyone is executed within 1 hour. I've had the terminate staff in the past and the amount of paperwork that is required is astronomical. There is absolutely no way Furner wasn't engaged and supportive and I can assure you they would have obtained legal advice before it was communicated to him. This is likely to drag out days if not longer
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

He also wasn't sacked after that conversation, and in fact his contract wasnt terminated until many weeks later after a mutal agreement was made between club and player.
People got very caught up in a splashy and inaccurate headline. He was never sacked. The coach may have told him not to bother showing up for training etc again and instructed DFJ to go about the business of formally releasing him, but factually his contract wasnt terminated, and in fact he continued to be be paid until the agreement between he and the club was made many weeks later.
Akyle1994
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Akyle1994 »

FROG wrote: November 16, 2021, 6:07 pm
Akyle1994 wrote: November 16, 2021, 12:34 pm

There is no way a decision to sack anyone is executed within 1 hour. I've had the terminate staff in the past and the amount of paperwork that is required is astronomical. There is absolutely no way Furner wasn't engaged and supportive and I can assure you they would have obtained legal advice before it was communicated to him. This is likely to drag out days if not longer
I’m just going based on the reports, and given the settlement they paid him it wasn’t done with legal consultation, otherwise they would have got their money’s worth and have him play out the months he was paid for. It was a reckless decision, whilst the circumstances and literature no doubt differ to other employers as to a ‘release’ over a ‘termination’, Raiders had to pay him out a settlement which means they breached the contract. Furner would have had to give his seal of approval which questions his ability to adequately perform his duties. I no doubt believe Hodgson should be moved on, I don’t understand why the club are holding out on it and creating more negative publicity. They have the opportunity to amicably part ways.
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

Is there actually any evidence that Hodgson wants out? Or that the Raiders think he can't play here in 2022?

Or is this peak GH and just speculation based on rubbish headlines?
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

There is too much smoke from this entire season for it to be just peak GH - although this thread has indeed, been peak GH.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Love4Noa wrote: November 16, 2021, 6:43 pm Is there actually any evidence that Hodgson wants out? Or that the Raiders think he can't play here in 2022?

Only a solid 6 months worth of fairly public acrimony, Noa. Other than that, no! I think he and the club are on great terms! :lol: 0
How's Mars this time of year, Noa?
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Love4Noa wrote: November 16, 2021, 6:43 pm Is there actually any evidence that Hodgson wants out? Or that the Raiders think he can't play here in 2022?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/05/12/exi ... th-sticky/

It's on NRL.com and he's saying he wants to play another 4-5 years and the Raiders are not offering him a deal beyond next year...

There is also this direct quote from Hodgo about the Starling situation.

"Tommy's been playing some good footy and if he's the next generation in terms of what they want to bring throughout the club, I'm fine with that."

Whether it happens or not, this is not just GH mania. That's Hodgo himself on the games own media site- which our own media are well aware of...

Personally I think reports are correct- he's been shopped and the Tigers are interested. BUT if Raiders baulk over 100k too much freight I wouldn't be 100% surprised. They were hardball with Cotric. Not sure why
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson expected at Braddon HQ for preseason

The Canberra Raiders are anticipating hooker Josh Hodgson to report to day one of preseason training on Friday, despite recent speculation surrounding his immediate future which has been linked to the Wests Tigers. A potential switch to the joint venture appears to have hit a roadblock with the two clubs reportedly unable to agree upon how much each team should pay of Hodgson's 2022, $900,000 contract.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

greeneyed wrote: November 17, 2021, 10:40 am Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson expected at Braddon HQ for preseason

The Canberra Raiders are anticipating hooker Josh Hodgson to report to day one of preseason training on Friday, despite recent speculation surrounding his immediate future which has been linked to the Wests Tigers. A potential switch to the joint venture appears to have hit a roadblock with the two clubs reportedly unable to agree upon how much each team should pay of Hodgson's 2022, $900,000 contract.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Good on the club for being open to this move - 900K for Hodgson’s output next year is massive overs whichever way you slice it.

Mind you, wouldn’t it be good if they were a bit more circumspect in handing out these kinds of dollars in the first place? How much freight of Croker’s 750K do you think we’d be on the hook for currently?! Or Whitehead in *checks notes* 2024??
Dylan’s Raiders
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

Josh Hodgson expected to land at Wests Tigers ‘very shortly’ as clubs break stalemate

Josh Hodgson’s anticipated move to the Wests Tigers is expected to be locked in “very shortly”.

“I am hearing that the Josh Hodgson move is not far off, from the Raiders to the Wests Tigers,” Michelle Bishop told SEN on Wednesday. “They had considered Api Koroisau at one stage, but the Hodgson thing, I’m hearing there’s a bit playing on in the background in terms of his manager trying to get the best money deal for him, which he’s of course entitled to. So that’s between the Raiders and the Tigers to work out who’s going to pay what, but we will see him at the Tigers very shortly I’m told.”

Read more: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-4590267

Read more and audio: https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/11/17/ ... y-shortly/

Looks like this is finally coming to an end…. Starling at 9 and Trevilyan at 14?
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Dylan’s Raiders wrote: November 17, 2021, 1:41 pm

Looks like this is finally coming to an end…. Starling at 9 and Trevilyan at 14?
We'll need another hooker on the books, 2 just isn't enough.

I'm not sure we need a hooker on the bench. Starling is super fit according to all their testing, he could probably go the 80. That way we could run an outside back on the bench (or Kris who can cover backrow or backs), 2 middles and an edge or edge/middle tweener.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

BadnMean wrote: November 17, 2021, 2:27 pm
Dylan’s Raiders wrote: November 17, 2021, 1:41 pm

We'll need another hooker on the books, 2 just isn't enough.

I'm not sure we need a hooker on the bench. Starling is super fit according to all their testing, he could probably go the 80. That way we could run an outside back on the bench (or Kris who can cover backrow or backs), 2 middles and an edge or edge/middle tweener.
Assuming Hodgo goes then I think we need another hooker just as back up for Starling. Not sure Tevelyan is ready to step into 1st grade based on my limited vision of him in 2021. I wouldn't want to be banking on him making the necessary progress to do so. I'm not saying he can't or won't.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

100% agree. Must have 3 for the key position. No 9's are usually smaller blokes positioned in the middle of the park which big blokes run at. Unless we uncover a freakish player like Cameron Smith who could play in dinner jacket, I definitely think we should have more depth in the 9 position.
Richo72
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Richo72 »

We definitely need a 3rd option. The backend of the 2021 season showed that….1 stray elbow and Starling was out for 6weeks. We would need at least an experienced, serviceable hooker as a backup ala Baptiste or Siva….
Sthsea22
Terry Campese

Post by Sthsea22 »

Wests Tigers best 17 v Canberra best 17:

1. Laurie 1. Savage
2. Nofoaluma 2. Simonnson/Valemei
3. Gildart 3. Nikol - Klokstad
4. Talau 4. Kris
5. Maumalo 5. Rapana
6. Douehi 6. Wighton
7. Hastings 7. Fogarty
8. Tamou 8. Papalii
9. Hodgson 9. Starling
10. Utoikamanu 10. Tapine
11. Leilua 11. Hawira - Naera
12. Garner 12. Whitehead
13. Peachey 13. Young

14. Ofahengaue 14. Elliott
15. Mikaele 15. Hola
16. Twal 16. Sutton
17. Blore 17. Guler

I think we still touch them up
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Sthsea22 wrote: November 17, 2021, 3:58 pm Wests Tigers best 17 v Canberra best 17:

1. Laurie 1. Savage
4. Talau 4. Kris
5. Maumalo 5. Rapana
6. Douehi 6. Wighton
7. Hastings 7. Fogarty
8. Tamou 8. Papalii
9. Hodgson 9. Starling
12. Garner 12. Whitehead
13. Peachey 13. Young

15. Mikaele 15. Hola
16. Twal 16. Sutton
17. Blore 17. Guler

I'd have both HSS and Timoko aheado of Kris and Valemei.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Northern Raider wrote: November 17, 2021, 4:01 pm
Sthsea22 wrote: November 17, 2021, 3:58 pm Wests Tigers best 17 v Canberra best 17:

1. Laurie 1. Savage
4. Talau 4. Kris
5. Maumalo 5. Rapana
6. Douehi 6. Wighton
7. Hastings 7. Fogarty
8. Tamou 8. Papalii
9. Hodgson 9. Starling
12. Garner 12. Whitehead
13. Peachey 13. Young

15. Mikaele 15. Hola
16. Twal 16. Sutton
17. Blore 17. Guler

I'd have both HSS and Timoko aheado of Kris and Valemei.
People won't like this one but I think we'll see Elliott ahead of Young too
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

It's near certain that we'll sign another hooker if we let go of Hodgson. Trevilyan isn't in the top 30 at this stage.
Richo72
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Richo72 »

Raiders_Pat wrote: November 17, 2021, 5:11 pm It's near certain that we'll sign another hooker if we let go of Hodgson. Trevilyan isn't in the top 30 at this stage.
Jacob Liddle hopefully or the QLD Cup premiership hooker….
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Richo72 wrote:
Raiders_Pat wrote: November 17, 2021, 5:11 pm It's near certain that we'll sign another hooker if we let go of Hodgson. Trevilyan isn't in the top 30 at this stage.
Jacob Liddle hopefully or the QLD Cup premiership hooker….
that qld cup hooker Jayden Berell went to sharks

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

What day do Tigers start training? They back yet?

Bet this is resolved within a day of that.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: November 17, 2021, 6:30 pm What day do Tigers start training? They back yet?

As one former NFL exec i follow on twitter is known for saying "deadlines spur action"
Both the raiders and tigers are coming to a deadline of sorts with preseason training due to start shortly, and i think there is enough momentum and motivation from all parties to get it done in the coming days.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

gangrenous wrote: November 17, 2021, 6:30 pm What day do Tigers start training? They back yet?

The Tigers play like that haven't trained since 2011 so who knows when they will return.