Nick Cotric returns to Raiders on three year deal

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Nick Cotric returns to Raiders on three year deal

Post by greeneyed »

Nick Cotric ready for shock return to Canberra as Bulldogs make cost-cutting decision

Former NSW centre Nick Cotric is on the verge of leaving Canterbury for a shock return to Canberra. Cotric, 23, still has two years remaining on the three-season $1.8 million deal at the Bulldogs, but could have played his last game for the club.

Cotric has also been shopped to Parramatta and Wests Tigers, while the Dolphins and Warriors have also been mentioned as possible destinations. Cotric is reluctant to join Wests, while Parramatta’s interest has waned. Canberra is certainly keen on signing the star player, who would return home to play on the wing.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 8b32e937f9
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Nick Cotric ready for shock return to Canberra as Bulldogs make cost-cutting decision

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Yes please. For the right money
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Re: Nick Cotric ready for shock return to Canberra as Bulldogs make cost-cutting decision

Post by Danaman137 »

Gimme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Danaman137
Brett Mullins

Post by Danaman137 »

If the dogs pay 100k I’m all for this.

Jonalanat
Noa Nadruku

Post by Jonalanat »

That’s a big day NO from me.

We should just stick with Semi Valemei after blooding him in the last few years.

Semi’s ceiling is still any unknown quantity whereas you know what cotric has to offer and that was injury last season…
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

wow... if the dogs are chipping in and for the right price, yeah for sure... not sure what that means for the young fellas we've just signed but he's 23 himself, still very young himself
We do need a guy like him to help get out sets off on the right foot... the issue with Cotric was never about the player, it was about the money which was too much, and evidently the dogs now agree with what a lot of us said at time
Danaman137
Brett Mullins

Post by Danaman137 »

God I’m so excited for this. Him leaving stung. Bring him hoooooome. (Assuming dogs pay freight)

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Danaman137 wrote: November 24, 2021, 5:53 pm If the dogs pay 100k I’m all for this.

He's on a reported 650k from memory. 550k is still to much imo... 450k would be pretty good deal imo
Danaman137
Brett Mullins

Post by Danaman137 »

I was working off 600k. 450-500 is all good with me.

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Jonalanat wrote: November 24, 2021, 5:53 pm That’s a big day NO from me.

We should just stick with Semi Valemei after blooding him in the last few years.

Semi’s ceiling is still any unknown quantity whereas you know what cotric has to offer and that was injury last season…
Surely a troll post from a rival supporter.
Last edited by afgtnk on November 24, 2021, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Danaman137 wrote: November 24, 2021, 5:55 pm I was working off 600k. 450-500 is all good with me.
Gotcha :thumbsup
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Semi is flat out garbage - he’s had long enough to show he’s barely a first grader. Not all Fijians are Nadruku or Radradra.

Cotric on the other hand is a rep player who hasn’t even hit the prime of his career yet. He’s well above league-average for his position… and how many players do we have that clear that threshold? Outside of Papalii, I’m not sure we have many more.

This is a no brainer
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Yes please!

We miss his strong carries and ability to break the line.

In Ricky We Trust
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The story says that if he’s to leave the Bulldogs, he’s told friends his preference is to return to the Raiders. So much for being desperate to be in Sydney all this time. The Raiders and Bulldogs reportedly in negotiations on the financial settlement… immediate release if it can be done. Bulldogs need to move players on to become cap compliant.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins

Post by Danaman137 »

1. Savage/CNK
2. Cotric
3. CNK/HSS
4. Timoko
5. Rapana

I could really get behind that. Simo and semi to be used as injury stop gaps.

Chicka Chicka Chicka
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

Come home Nick, all is forgiven.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Wholeheartedly disagree. I never want to see Semi in first grade for us again. He sucks. Cotric is rep quality
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Dylan’s Raiders
Simon Woolford

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

Yes! HOOK IT INTO MY VEINS
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Give them Simmonson?
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Give them Semi
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Raiders666 wrote: November 24, 2021, 6:10 pm Give them Simmonson?
And Semi.
Dylan’s Raiders
Simon Woolford

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

Only downside is, how would we fit savage in the 17 come round 1?

Seems to be the unpopular opinion but I absolutely would not have him playing fullback over CNK come round 1.
Westsydneyraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Westsydneyraider »

1 - CNK
2 - Cotric
3 - Timoko
4 - HSS
5 - Rapana

With the likes of Savage , Semi , Kris , Simo battling it out in reserves and all of a sudden our backs look extremely strong both 1 - 5 and more so with depth !!
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Dylan’s Raiders wrote: November 24, 2021, 6:14 pm Only downside is, how would we fit savage in the 17 come round 1?

Seems to be the unpopular opinion but I absolutely would not have him playing fullback over CNK come round 1.
I don't think it will affect Savage at all
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Dylan’s Raiders wrote: November 24, 2021, 6:14 pm Only downside is, how would we fit savage in the 17 come round 1?

I dont think hard to fit in Savage at all

1. Savage
2. Rapana
3. CNK/Timoko/HSS
4. CNK/Timoko/HSS
5. Cotric

Problem solved, in fact he wouldnt even really be impacted by this. If Savage turns out to not be suited at fullback, he'll be primed to take over from Rapana who must SURELY be retiring after this year, his body surely cant give much more
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

We do have more outside backs than required however..... I'd still prefer a quality 2nd rower. Luciano just signed for the Cowboys 👎
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Maybe Kris can play 2nd row?
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Rickmando wrote: November 24, 2021, 5:58 pm

Semi is flat out garbage - he’s had long enough to show he’s barely a first grader. Not all Fijians are Nadruku or Radradra.

Cotric on the other hand is a rep player who hasn’t even hit the prime of his career yet. He’s well above league-average for his position… and how many players do we have that clear that threshold? Outside of Papalii, I’m not sure we have many more.

This is a no brainer
Semi isnt flat out garbage - he just always finishes the season on a **** game.

Semi is faster then cotric for one.

He is coming off an injury and a pretty average year and realistically he hasn't been improving year on year.

Statistically
Cotric Played 12 games scored 3 tries - 7 LB (2 against us) 0 LBA
Semi Played 11 scored 2 tries - 1 LB 1 LBA

Interestingly, since they are both garbage at getting tries lets have a look at what they bring re metres to start sets:-
Cotric - All runs - 193 - ARM - 1817 - 9.1 meters per run
Semi - All runs - 145 - ARM 1573 - 10.8 meters per run
so despite getting in the clear less - in 2021 semi clearly averages more meters in each run, in very comparable runs.

Defensively
Cotric - T 68 MT 22
Semi - T 41 MT 14
about even there

Errors
Cotric 17
Semi 15

Thus, Nic Cotric statistically isnt doing much more then semi, the only reason I would pick him up if I were the raiders is if it is on a bargain basement deal where we are only paying 200-300k anymore and he can keep stinking it up for the dogs.

Keep in mind the tigers didnt want him.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Don't forget Morkos who is not far off first grade from what I've heard
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

It’s want to be no where near what he’s on now.

Over rated at that price. Tackle bust stats are great but it’s all sideways running.

$400K on the wing and I’d say yeah

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

So for outside backs we would have CNK, Rapana, Cotric, Croker, Kris, Savage, Timoko, HSS, and Semi battling it out for 5 spots?
Richo72
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Richo72 »

There is no way Semi is playing in front of Cotric. What happened in that last round with semi was a nightmare!
deanoman
Brett Mullins

Post by deanoman »

I wonder what this means for croker?
deanoman
Brett Mullins

Post by deanoman »

I wonder what this means for croker?
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

I’d take Cotric’s ordinary stats from an injury affected half season at a new club that finished last with a grain of salt. He might look the same or worse than Semi on paper, but for the eye test he’s a far better tackle buster, metre eater, try scorer, and has vastly better hands.