St George Illawarra Dragons 2022

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

St George Illawarra Dragons 2022

Post by greeneyed »

Squad Game: Dragons 2022 roster changes and best 17

Coach Anthony Griffin has overseen a rapid overhaul of the St George Illawarra roster, with 12 members of the 2022 squad having joined the club since his appointment at the end of the 2020 season. The Dragons have some of the best emerging talent in the NRL and Griffin has surrounded them with experience, while ensuring depth across the park. He will also be looking for improved discipline - on and off the field - after the BBQ-gate scandal that was followed by eight consecutive losses to end the season and 16 judiciary charges during the season.

Possible best 17
1.Tyrell Sloan, 2. Mikaele Ravalawa, 3. Zac Lomax, 4. Talatau Amone, 5. Moses Suli, 6. Jayden Sullivan, 7. Ben Hunt, 8. Blake Lawrie, 9. Andrew McCullough, 10. Jack de Belin, 11. Tariq Sims, 12. Jaydn Su’A, 13. Jack Bird. 14. Moses Mbye, 15. Josh Kerr, 16. Aaron Woods. 17. Josh McGuire

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/12/23/squ ... d-best-17/
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: St George Illawarra Dragons 2022

Post by zim »

Suli on the wing is an interesting choice. Bit of a rough roster.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Stinkety Stink Stink.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

zim wrote:Suli on the wing is an interesting choice. Bit of a rough roster.
The dragons 17 will be very different to this in my opinion. Amone is a 5/8 and they will surely look to develop him some more in cup. Sulu is a centre he should never be on the wing and the Feagi twins have both been extended and look the goods surely one of them start on the wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

They finally get rid of Norman yet buy Mbye. What are they thinking?

And Woods / McGuire? I also didn't realise Sims was staying?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Looking to improve discipline with Josh Maguire in the squad will be interesting.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ben Hunt signs new deal with St George Illawarra Dragons

Ben Hunt has inked a new two-year deal worth just less than $2 million to remain at the Dragons until at least 2025. But the move will cast doubts over Jayden Sullivan, who is expected to ask for a release to join the Bulldogs next season.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 9dc12d8d2f

Club statement

The St George Illawarra Dragons are excited to announce the re-signing of captain Ben Hunt for an additional two seasons.

Hunt, who was already under contract for 2023, will now remain at the Dragons until at least the end of the 2025 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

The two-time Dragons Medal winner's extension comes on the eve of his departure to the United Kingdom ahead of Australia's Rugby League World Cup campaign.

"It's a pleasing day for my family and I," Hunt said. "I am very happy we were able to come to an agreement as I always wanted to stay with the Dragons.

"I am excited by the direction the club is headed and I'm very much looking forward to playing my part in the Dragons' journey in the coming years."

The Queensland Origin veteran is also due to join the NRL's illustrious 300-game club next season.

"Ben and his family are an integral part of the Dragons and to have him extend for a further two years demonstrates his commitment and desire to bring success to the club over the coming seasons," Dragons general manager of football Ben Haran said.

"Ben's on-field performances speak for themselves, while his leadership off the field and around the club will be crucial in the ongoing development of our NRL squad.

"Ben's re-signing is one that all Red V members, partners and fans should be extremely excited about."

Additional signings as well as the club's 2023 train and triallists will be announced in the coming weeks, ahead of mid-November's pre-season commencement.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Re: Rugby League 2022

Post by julian87 »

Seems Talatau Amone is as dumb off the field as he is on it.

Dragons player Junior Amone in police custody over alleged hammer attack

Dragons player Talatau Junior Amone will spend the night in police custody after being charged over an alleged hammer attack on a tradie near his Warrawong home last month.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... bed78ef044
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Think you should edit your post to incorporate “sackful”.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

He's their promising 5/8 isn't he? Shame to see a young guy in trouble but it seems to be an all too familiar story.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

gergreg wrote:He's their promising 5/8 isn't he? Shame to see a young guy in trouble but it seems to be an all too familiar story.
yeah he's a gun

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

gergreg wrote: December 22, 2022, 8:55 pm He's their promising 5/8 isn't he? Shame to see a young guy in trouble but it seems to be an all too familiar story.
Ahh the old hammer attack. An all too familiar story...

I am filing that one with, "bring a knife and stab someone at a Mormon disco" in -events which I once considered unlikely, even outlandish, but now fall within the all too familiar bracket.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BadnMean wrote:
gergreg wrote: December 22, 2022, 8:55 pm He's their promising 5/8 isn't he? Shame to see a young guy in trouble but it seems to be an all too familiar story.
Ahh the old hammer attack. An all too familiar story...

I am filing that one with, "bring a knife and stab someone at a Mormon disco" in -events which I once considered unlikely, even outlandish, but now fall within the all too familiar bracket.
I was speaking/writing in general terms, ie football players finding ways to get themselves into ****.