NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

the bone
John Ferguson

Re: NFL Thread

Post by the bone »

gergreg wrote: January 18, 2022, 1:46 pm What just happened? Someone stretchered off while I'm trying to help my girls learn to knit from youtube.
Concussion from a helmet-helmet clash
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Not watching, but how can Rams be up that big, and Kupp have 3 for 16? Surely there are some typo's in that?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Speculation now that Derek Carr could be traded. Really can't see that happening unless Raiders look like landing a Rodgers or Wilson. Too many teams looking to address that position and not many options are going to be an upgrade on Carr. They would be better off keeping him for the last year of his contract and hitting shopping around next year.

Conversely I don't think they would get much in return for him unless his new team could organise an extension.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I think the Raiders owner have been wanting to get out the Carr business for a few years now
He openly stated they tried to sign Tom Brady (in front of Carr no less :lol:) and it was a yearly rumour that Gruden was going to move on from him

I think if the Raiders think they can get an upgrade (and Wilson did name LV as a potential landing in spot in his "i dont want to get traded but if i did, these locations are fine" leak last year) they'll definitely do it. Not sure they'll be able to pull that off though

As for what they could get for Carr, assuming they had a Wilson deal sorted, I cant see why Pitt wouldnt give up a 2nd to get him, they made the play offs with the rotting corpse of Ben, Im not a huge Carr guy but with that defence and those weapons (need to improve the OL) they could win 10+ games with Carr next year
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Pitssburgh does make a lot of sense. They are compelled to land a QB this offseason. A ready made product like Carr would be an ideal fit and they won't need to break the bank to land him. None of the Kirk Cousins salary baggage to contend with.

On that topic, it's interesting reading on which teams have the most cap space headng into offseason. Top 5 in ourder are:

Dolphins - $73m
Chargers - $68m
Jaguars - $60m
Bengals - $55m
Jets - $53m

One thing they all have in common is a starting QB taking less than $10m cap space as they recently filled that spot via the draft. Another key observation is that 3 of those 5 are coming off winning seasons, therefore are well placed to press on further if they recruit well.

At the other end of the spectrum its a real horror show for the Saints. Currently $64m in the hole and no starting QB. They are in a world of hurt.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Saints put all the chips in for a final run with Brees, and now the bill is due.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

NR and Bot. How can the Giants be in such cap trouble? Barkley is just about the only player worth paying. Slightly exaggerating but...
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

the bone wrote: January 20, 2022, 9:52 am Saints put all the chips in for a final run with Brees, and now the bill is due.
They were neck deep going into 2021 season and managed to kick the can down the road. It also became abundantly clear that they need a proper QB. Can't really address that in the draft this year given they're picking no20 in a weak class. Will be interesting to see how they pull out of this one.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: January 20, 2022, 9:54 am NR and Bot. How can the Giants be in such cap trouble? Barkley is just about the only player worth paying. Slightly exaggerating but...
Well... let me talk you through some really bad work from Dave Gettleman, and i'll highlight 4 different things and that should explain how you get into this spot.

Firstly, he traded picks for Leonard Williams, who's a good player, but by virtue of trading picks for a guy in a contract year, you're already pot committed. You kind of have to pay the guy, because otherwise you've up decent middle round picks for a 6 month rental, those mid round picks are supposed to be the backbone of your team depth. So they paid Leonard Williams, but he's good player, paid like a superstar... he's got a cap his of 27 million next year. Can't really cut him for cap space, he costs you more if you cut him (35m)

Secondly. Kenny Golloday... what are we doing here folks? He's got a cap hit of 21.1m... he's not a top 20 WR. He's a good solid contested catch guy who's got a long injury history which has showed up again. Can't cut him either for cap space, his dead cap is 23.6m.

Third... Adoree Jackson, who they paid up for to ensure he played there and not the Eagles who were going to offer a one year deal with some dummy voidable years to spread out the signing bonus. He's on the books for 15m and a dead cap his of 18m. He played 13 games this year and was fine? I guess. But he's paid to be better than fine.

Fourth, actual draft picks. Taking Barkley #2 at all was a terrible move from a cap space perspective. He's a good player, but virtually from day 1, on a rookie contract he was over paid. RB's just don't have that kind of market. And as shown in this time there, they're injury prone and dont impact winning that much. Then you have Andrew Thomas, the LT he took in a stacked LT class... i think 4 of them went in the top 15 that year, he got the pick of the litter and unquestionable has the worst guy. Will Hernandez is a day 2 pick, he's been ok at times but isnt consistent enough, they'll be looking to do better... Daniel Jones taken 6th overall and isnt a franchise QB. DeAndre Baker, 1st round pick, out of league now on off field issues which were a pre draft concern. He used a pick (r3?) in the supplement draft for CB Sam Beal, he's didnt last 2 years on the roster. Dexter Lawrence, a first round pick who's a perfectly cromulent NFL DT, that's what you want out of a day 2 pick, not a first round.

So what you have is a GM who went out and spent money to win now with a team that is very devoid of talent, mostly because the GM has blown the drafts and the free agent talent he's paid top market for have not produced for reasons that were entirely predictable.
Last edited by Botman on January 20, 2022, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: January 20, 2022, 10:03 am
the bone wrote: January 20, 2022, 9:52 am Saints put all the chips in for a final run with Brees, and now the bill is due.
They were neck deep going into 2021 season and managed to kick the can down the road. It also became abundantly clear that they need a proper QB. Can't really address that in the draft this year given they're picking no20 in a weak class. Will be interesting to see how they pull out of this one.
The saints situation was a bit of a perfect storm
For years they've kicked the can down the road on the assumption, and mostly correctly so, the cap will keep rising, and we'll be fine... and they were and would have been, except a global pandemic hit and not only did the cap not rise, it fell! And it fell right as their highly paid QB, who's contract they used to kick the can down the road hung up the cleats

They were probably thinking when Drew Brees retired they'd have to eat that **** for a year, clear the cap space, which would be fine because they'd get back into the top of the draft and hopefully find their next guy and one it marches. But this was just kind of a perfect storm of **** for them, except the coaching and talent outside of QB is too good to ever be miserable, and so now they're probably going to need 2-3 years to figure it out. Some Sean Payten rumours have bubbled to the surface like maybe he doesnt want to be around for that kind of rebuild
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gergreg wrote: January 20, 2022, 9:54 am NR and Bot. How can the Giants be in such cap trouble? Barkley is just about the only player worth paying. Slightly exaggerating but...
Gettleman. :lol:

Giants aren't in too bad shape really. A few cuts can get them back into the black. James Bradberry holds nearly $22m in cap figure for 2022 and they can save $12m by cutting him. This was part of the restructure to get them under the cap for 2021. They also have quite a few contracts around the $3m value which have very little dead money for pre-June 1 cuts.

Their biggest burden is Golladay who's carrying $21m in cap with more than that in dead money if they cut him and he's hardly played due to injury.

Anyway, Gettleman has "retired" so not his problem now. ;)
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: January 20, 2022, 10:15 am Firstly, he traded picks for Leonard Williams, who's a good player, but by virtue of trading picks for a guy in a contract year, you're already pot committed. You kind of have to pay the guy, because otherwise you've up decent middle round picks for a 6 month rental, those mid round picks are supposed to be the backbone of your team depth. So they paid Leonard Williams, but he's good player, paid like a superstar... he's got a cap his of 27 million next year. Can't really cut him for cap space, he costs you more if you cut him (35m)
Awful initial deal aside I think Leonard Williams is an easy out for the new GM. Restructure and extend to spread his money out a bit more. Current deal is fully loaded for 2022. He's worth a longer term investment too.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: January 20, 2022, 10:20 am
Northern Raider wrote: January 20, 2022, 10:03 am
The saints situation was a bit of a perfect storm
For years they've kicked the can down the road on the assumption, and mostly correctly so, the cap will keep rising, and we'll be fine... and they were and would have been, except a global pandemic hit and not only did the cap not rise, it fell! And it fell right as their highly paid QB, who's contract they used to kick the can down the road hung up the cleats

They were probably thinking when Drew Brees retired they'd have to eat that **** for a year, clear the cap space, which would be fine because they'd get back into the top of the draft and hopefully find their next guy and one it marches. But this was just kind of a perfect storm of **** for them, except the coaching and talent outside of QB is too good to ever be miserable, and so now they're probably going to need 2-3 years to figure it out. Some Sean Payten rumours have bubbled to the surface like maybe he doesnt want to be around for that kind of rebuild
I was actually thinking about where Tua might go if Dolphins wanted to offload him for Watson (or someone). Saints made a lot of sense given their current QB situation. Plus Tua's often referred to as a Drew Brees type and Payten knows how to build around that style.

Saints send pick 20 to Phins for Tua. That pick plus their own 1st rounder in 2022 and one of their 2023 1st round picks to Texans for Watson. Saints might want to include player trades as well to relieve some of that cap issue.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah i've thought for a little while that Payten and the Saints are a good potential landing spot for him if things go sideways
Not sure what his value would be or how the Saints view him, but skillset wise and situation wise there is some connective tissue between Tua and Brees
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: January 20, 2022, 10:44 am Yeah i've thought for a little while that Payten and the Saints are a good potential landing spot for him if things go sideways
Not sure what his value would be or how the Saints view him, but skillset wise and situation wise there is some connective tissue between Tua and Brees
Very hard to value Tua right now. He's not worth their initial investment (top 5 pick) whereas guys like Burrow and Herbert are worth significantly more than that if they were on the block. Conversely you would have to say he's a better prospect than anybody in the current draft who could be on the board at pick 20. Could even argue he's better than any QB prospect in this draft.

Problem for Saints its a sellers market. Phins are not compelled to move him on while Saints have to get a QB but don't have the cap room to recruit anybody other than a fringe starter. Dolphins also have the cap space to alleviate some burden if other players become part of the deal. Could be a fairly complex scenario.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Thank you both. There has been ridicule of Gettleman for some time now and your posts explain it well. Do you think he got a friendly tap on the shoulder to retire or are the owners so inept that they would have just continued with him?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gergreg wrote: January 20, 2022, 11:01 am Thank you both. There has been ridicule of Gettleman for some time now and your posts explain it well. Do you think he got a friendly tap on the shoulder to retire or are the owners so inept that they would have just continued with him?
Who knows. Quite possibe the owners strongly suggested it so they didn't have to fire him. Gettleman may have already planned on pulinng up stumps or simply woken up one morning and said "I'm too old for this ****".
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: January 20, 2022, 10:55 am
Botman wrote: January 20, 2022, 10:44 am Yeah i've thought for a little while that Payten and the Saints are a good potential landing spot for him if things go sideways
Very hard to value Tua right now. He's not worth their initial investment (top 5 pick) whereas guys like Burrow and Herbert are worth significantly more than that if they were on the block. Conversely you would have to say he's a better prospect than anybody in the current draft who could be on the board at pick 20. Could even argue he's better than any QB prospect in this draft.

Problem for Saints its a sellers market. Phins are not compelled to move him on while Saints have to get a QB but don't have the cap room to recruit anybody other than a fringe starter. Dolphins also have the cap space to alleviate some burden if other players become part of the deal. Could be a fairly complex scenario.
Peyton would make Tua a stud. However, they need to give him more than Kamara. Calloway looks good, esp if they can get Thomas back on the field.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: January 20, 2022, 11:12 am
gergreg wrote: January 20, 2022, 11:01 am Thank you both. There has been ridicule of Gettleman for some time now and your posts explain it well. Do you think he got a friendly tap on the shoulder to retire or are the owners so inept that they would have just continued with him?
Who knows. Quite possibe the owners strongly suggested it so they didn't have to fire him. Gettleman may have already planned on pulinng up stumps or simply woken up one morning and said "I'm too old for this ****".
Maybe I'm a bit bias, but I don't think he was tapped, I think they are too incompetent to have noticed. I think Gettleman called time.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: January 20, 2022, 11:53 am
Northern Raider wrote: January 20, 2022, 11:12 am
Maybe I'm a bit bias, but I don't think he was tapped, I think they are too incompetent to have noticed. I think Gettleman called time.
Any scenario is plausible with that mob.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I think he was probably tapped, i think they planned on sending Gettleman packing and doubling down on Judge, who likely convinced the owners the GM was the problem
Then Judge had that clown show of a final 6 weeks and suddenly the brains trust lost faith in him too.

But yeah that's just pure speculation and nothing with Mara/Tisch would surprise me
Northern Raider wrote: January 20, 2022, 10:55 am

A lot of this will depend on the coaching cycle. But yeah teams like the Saints are going to grade this QB class and go and look at their grade on Tua if he's available for a reasonable price, and they're going to see a pretty big disparity in the grades... and at that point, it takes only one coach who says to themselves "i can fix him"
if that coach is Payten at the Saints, no one at the saints will tell him he's wrong. So there is certainly paths to seeing Tua elsewhere in 2022. But my bet would be that the Dolphins are going to hire someone willing to commit to Tua and getting it fixed.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Welcome back Botman. You're giving too much oxygen to a nutjob in the other thread. :lol:

Totally agree with that. I really don't see Tua moving, at least for 2022. However once a few dominoes start to fall in the QB market who knows how they might end up. I always find NFL off season almost as entertaining as the games themselves.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Botman wrote: January 20, 2022, 10:15 am
Well... let me talk you through some really bad work from Dave Gettleman, and i'll highlight 4 different things and that should explain how you get into this spot.

Firstly, he traded picks for Leonard Williams, who's a good player, but by virtue of trading picks for a guy in a contract year, you're already pot committed. You kind of have to pay the guy, because otherwise you've up decent middle round picks for a 6 month rental, those mid round picks are supposed to be the backbone of your team depth. So they paid Leonard Williams, but he's good player, paid like a superstar... he's got a cap his of 27 million next year. Can't really cut him for cap space, he costs you more if you cut him (35m)

Secondly. Kenny Golloday... what are we doing here folks? He's got a cap hit of 21.1m... he's not a top 20 WR. He's a good solid contested catch guy who's got a long injury history which has showed up again. Can't cut him either for cap space, his dead cap is 23.6m.

Third... Adoree Jackson, who they paid up for to ensure he played there and not the Eagles who were going to offer a one year deal with some dummy voidable years to spread out the signing bonus. He's on the books for 15m and a dead cap his of 18m. He played 13 games this year and was fine? I guess. But he's paid to be better than fine.

Fourth, actual draft picks. Taking Barkley #2 at all was a terrible move from a cap space perspective. He's a good player, but virtually from day 1, on a rookie contract he was over paid. RB's just don't have that kind of market. And as shown in this time there, they're injury prone and dont impact winning that much. Then you have Andrew Thomas, the LT he took in a stacked LT class... i think 4 of them went in the top 15 that year, he got the pick of the litter and unquestionable has the worst guy. Will Hernandez is a day 2 pick, he's been ok at times but isnt consistent enough, they'll be looking to do better... Daniel Jones taken 6th overall and isnt a franchise QB. DeAndre Baker, 1st round pick, out of league now on off field issues which were a pre draft concern. He used a pick (r3?) in the supplement draft for CB Sam Beal, he's didnt last 2 years on the roster. Dexter Lawrence, a first round pick who's a perfectly cromulent NFL DT, that's what you want out of a day 2 pick, not a first round.

So what you have is a GM who went out and spent money to win now with a team that is very devoid of talent, mostly because the GM has blown the drafts and the free agent talent he's paid top market for have not produced for reasons that were entirely predictable.
A bit harsh on Thomas - he had a rough rookie year (still graded better than Wills), but had a solid year 2 (and graded much better than Wills). So he’s at worst 3rd out of the 4th, though hard to compare to Becton who missed most of year 2. Wirfs is the clear no.1 (he was drafted last out of the 4), but with the caveat that he’s playing right tackle (the others are all left), and he’s playing in front of Brady, who is much better at reading defences and getting the ball out quick than Jones, Mayfield and Darnold/Wilson.

But can’t argue with the rest. The Leonard Williams trade was daft, the Baker pick heinous. We won’t see any RB drafted in the top 15 for the foreseeable future, with the Barkley pick being the nail in the coffin. He was one of the best RB prospects to come out, and he has not come close to working out (bar a promising rookie year). Before him we’d seen a few go high - Zek and Lenny at 4, McCaffery at 7, but post Barkley, RBs can forget about being picked that high.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Calvin Ridley likely to be on the trade block. Suggestion is he's worth a conditional 2nd round pick, converts to a 1st based on playing time (like Wentz). I reckon teams would happily give up a 1st rounder if they were confident they could get the 2020 version.

Be a great way for Dolphins to spend their mid 20s draft pick and reunite him with Tua. Of course the Pheagles could easily trump that with one of their picks in the teens if they were willing.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Ridley is an interesting trade market
He’s a really good player when he’s on the field but the mental health issues that kept him out this year complicates matters

Assuming you’re ok with the mental health stuff
The pats would make a ton of sense. They need a dude like him

I don’t think the eagles would get involved
They’ll try and address wr in true free agency I think. Alan Robinson is somebody I think they’ll have a lot of interest in
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: January 20, 2022, 2:15 pm Welcome back Botman. You're giving too much oxygen to a nutjob in the other thread. :lol:

Totally agree with that. I really don't see Tua moving, at least for 2022. However once a few dominoes start to fall in the QB market who knows how they might end up. I always find NFL off season almost as entertaining as the games themselves.
Which thread? I must have missed something good
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: January 21, 2022, 8:36 am
Northern Raider wrote: January 20, 2022, 2:15 pm Welcome back Botman. You're giving too much oxygen to a nutjob in the other thread. :lol:

Botman got into full engagment with our resident conspiracy theorist in the Coronovirus thread. It distracted him from important topics like the NFL Offseason (while the playoffs are still going).
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: January 21, 2022, 8:43 am

Botman got into full engagment with our resident conspiracy theorist in the Coronovirus thread. It distracted him from important topics like the NFL Offseason (while the playoffs are still going).
Yeah, I'm not going in there. That thread causes too many problems.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: January 21, 2022, 8:09 am Ridley is an interesting trade market
He’s a really good player when he’s on the field but the mental health issues that kept him out this year complicates matters

Assuming you’re ok with the mental health stuff
The pats would make a ton of sense. They need a dude like him

I don’t think the eagles would get involved
They’ll try and address wr in true free agency I think. Alan Robinson is somebody I think they’ll have a lot of interest in
Comes back to the "what and why" regarding his leave of absence this season. Teams will evaluate that and determine if it's done and dusted or potentially an ongoing issue. Would all be part of the due diligence process. Falcons would likely lose him in free agency after next season so they have a short window to get something in return.

Eagles won't get anybody of his calibre in Free Agency unless they make a few other roster moves to create space. Still another strong WR class this draft so better a chance of landing an elite player there at relatively good value.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: January 21, 2022, 8:48 am
Northern Raider wrote: January 21, 2022, 8:43 am

Yeah, I'm not going in there. That thread causes too many problems.
You know you can't catch COVID via the Internet right? :P
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: January 21, 2022, 8:52 am Eagles won't get anybody of his calibre in Free Agency unless they make a few other roster moves to create space. Still another strong WR class this draft so better a chance of landing an elite player there at relatively good value.
The eagles cap situation is pretty straight forward.
- Extend Slay, give him more gtd money and lower his cap hit (he's a pro bowler and shows no signs of slowing up)
- Cut Brooks and Seumalo (both lost their starting jobs this year through play/injuries)
- Let Derek Barnett walk (not a positive contributor)
- Trade Andre Dillard (won't get much for him but he'd be able to be moved)

Those moves in themselves can create roughly 30m on top of what they have now without really impacting their team.
If they see a free agent they want, they'll fairly easily be able to make the space to make a run.

If the eagles took a WR, it would be their 3rd first round WR in 3 years... i just don't see them doing that, though I'd be perfectly fine if they did, especially given the depth there. A Chris Olave or Drake London/Treylon Burks would be a fairly nice pairing with Davonta Smith.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: January 21, 2022, 9:16 am
Northern Raider wrote: January 21, 2022, 8:52 am Eagles won't get anybody of his calibre in Free Agency unless they make a few other roster moves to create space. Still another strong WR class this draft so better a chance of landing an elite player there at relatively good value.
The eagles cap situation is pretty straight forward.
- Extend Slay, give him more gtd money and lower his cap hit (he's a pro bowler and shows no signs of slowing up)
- Cut Brooks and Seumalo (both lost their starting jobs this year through play/injuries)
- Let Derek Barnett walk (not a positive contributor)
- Trade Andre Dillard (won't get much for him but he'd be able to be moved)

Those moves in themselves can create roughly 30m on top of what they have now without really impacting their team.
If they see a free agent they want, they'll fairly easily be able to make the space to make a run.

If the eagles took a WR, it would be their 3rd first round WR in 3 years... i just don't see them doing that, though I'd be perfectly fine if they did, especially given the depth there. A Chris Olave or Drake London/Treylon Burks would be a fairly nice pairing with Davonta Smith.
yeah, like any team it's easy enough to create a bit of cap space with certain roster moves.

Fari point about their recent history of drafting WRs. 1 hit and 2 misses there. Having 3 x 1st rounders this year means you have the luxury to take another crack. Has to be said it appears a much stronger WR class than 2019 and 2020 so the chances of a hit are much higher.

Have to consider though, what's the likelihood they would draft somebody as good as Ridley or could they pick up a free agent as good as him for around $10m?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah that's a good question, and to your point its probably not high... however the other reasons i don't see the eagles trying to get involved in Ridley are:

1. He's a route runner/separator like Smith. Both very technically sound receivers, with quick releases... those sorts of players thrive with anticipation throwers who can layer throws at all three levels... Hurts cant even consistently get the ball to Smith on these types of throws, so adding another feels like a pointless exercise
2. Roseman for better or worse like to build their WR room like a basketball team rather than taking the best players and figuring it out (spoiler: its for worse)... it's partially what drove them to the failed Raegor and JJAW picks. They want 5 guys that can do different things. Raegor is going to remain on the team at least for next year as their take the top off guy. Smith is the route runner #1, they have the bubble/jet/gadget player in Quez Watkins... what they'll think they need is the contested catch/red zone guy. Which is why i think they'll be interested in guys like Robinson and Gallop. (Also Treylon Burks/Drake London).

Don't get me wrong, if the Eagles traded their first round picks, and say Hurts, Raegor, and Dillard to the Texans for DeShaun Watson, and then moved a 2023 2nd that could become a first for Ridley... That's a pretty spicy offence you've got there for sure. (Ignoring the ickiness of Watson's situation of course) and i'd be VERY into that set up. But i just dont think Ridley fits the Eagles given right now the QB is Hurts going forward.

If Aaron Rodgers sticks around in GB, they should be very involved in a Calvin Ridley conversation too. He'd fit perfectly with Rodgers and Adams.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Interesting points there. On the first one, it seems more an issue with the QB than the receiver group, which I know you would agree with. Adding more receivers who regularly gets open is not necessarily a fix if your QB can't get them the ball. That leads into point 2 which (assuming you stick with Hurts) is what kind of receiver you could add. That is somebody who can make contested catch when the ball is thrown his way.

Interestingly enough we have a perfect guy at Miami in Devante Parker who is a potential trade candidate. He's a boss at beating his guy when a ball is up for grabs. Injuries have always been a frustrating part of his tenure, however when he's healthy he's very productive. Somewhat ironically he's not as well suited to Tua, who likes to find the open guy with good separation. Parker's main weakness as a receiver is getting separation. As such I think Parker would suit Hurts a lot more than Tua.

Miami could do with a RB who can move the sticks. Sanders for Parker? :)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Will Adams stay in GB?
Will he follow ARod?