7%
Storm 13+
90%

Total votes: 30

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2022 Rd 5 V Storm: Teams and Previews

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote: April 3, 2022, 10:22 am ill be at a friends wedding when this game is on, and ive never been more thrilled about missing a raiders game
The storm will absolutely belt us off the park based on form this year
Currently 38-0 over the Bulldogs. Oops, as I type Papenhuyzen gets his fourth try. 42 or 44-0. We will be flogged.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

President Clinton wrote: April 3, 2022, 11:43 am Does anyone know when Fogarty is due back?

Is it 14 weeks layoff or up to 14 weeks?
See the first post. We have the latest injury list there.
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Dusty wrote: April 3, 2022, 12:17 pm 1. Savage
2. Cotric
3. Timoko
4. Nicol-Klokstad
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Schneider
8. Papalii
9. Treveleyan
10. Sutton
11. Young
12. CHN
13. Whitehead

14. Starling
15. Mooney
16. Tapine
17. Horsburgh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like this side mostly, but based on form, Whitehead shouldn’t be there.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

greeneyed wrote: April 3, 2022, 5:38 pm
Botman wrote: April 3, 2022, 10:22 am ill be at a friends wedding when this game is on, and ive never been more thrilled about missing a raiders game
Currently 38-0 over the Bulldogs. Oops, as I type Papenhuyzen gets his fourth try. 42 or 44-0. We will be flogged.
I've never seen you so negative about the side. How do you think we can change things around this season?
greeneyed
Don Furner

2022 Rd 5 V Storm: Teams and Previews

Post by greeneyed »

Hong Kong Raider wrote:
I've never seen you so negative about the side. How do you think we can change things around this season?
I gave a hint in Through green eyes last night. I have been a lot more negative about coaching and management of the club in the past. Record losing streaks under David Furner, the days of Matt Elliott, Neil Henry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Its terminal, beyond repair.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Basket case

This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Lesson learned: Hold the ball and kick to the corners

Canberra Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad says that there are two key lessons learned from the loss to the Sea Eagles.

"We've got a really good side and another heavyweight team in the competition in the Melbourne Storm and we're going to have be a lot better than we were against them next week. We're going to review the game and we'll take the learnings out of it, but a lot of us already know what that is - finish our sets and kick them into corners."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Brad Fittler calls for Canberra Raiders X-factor Xavier Savage

NSW Origin coach Brad Fittler wants the Canberra Raiders to add some X-factor for their trip to Wagga Wagga: Xavier Savage.

"I think Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad is not offering as much as he was a couple of years ago. I'd love to see the young bloke get an opportunity, Xavier Savage. They lost their halfback at the start of the year, they lost their hooker - so they've had some challenges already - and not just quite executing well enough."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Wrong.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Its sad.. we got no hope against storm.

Watching the parra game tonight where they put 48 on st george just emphasised to me that we are not a top 8 side. We wouldnt have scored more than 2 tries against st george tonight.
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Team irrelevant. Don and the Losers need at least 40 points start
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

greeneyed wrote: April 3, 2022, 7:31 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote:
I gave a hint in Through green eyes last night. I have been a lot more negative about coaching and management of the club in the past. Record losing streaks under David Furner, the days of Matt Elliott, Neil Henry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I just read it. I agree with you we are not making enough metres through the forwards. We are last now for average metres gained. The bench is very weak this year, and Papa was down yesterday. In the past when we had Sutton on the bench we made more metres. Although he is a limited ball player and has an error or two, we will improve on our go forward when he plays. Although he gets a lot of criticism, I think Horse has largely been good this year, and his errors have come down. I think we lost the plot off the field even before the season started by signing Adam Elliott - I wasn't so much worried about his off the field behaviour but what impact he could have on the field. We like recruiting someone on the outer and cheap but Gould terminated him for a reason. I also didn't like the Frawley (and Sammy) resignings. Injuries happen to every club. Yesterday it was our leaders and experienced guys letting us down - Rapa, Whitehead, CNK and Papa. The right side defence has been disorganised and haphazard since the Cronulla game (think Teg Wilton's easy try). Our linespeed has always been slow and non-existent. We don't catch bombs on the full. You pay for that.

It really saddens me that in 2019, we were better or the equal to the Storm, and in 2020 better than Souths, Manly, and Parra. Those teams have overtaken us now. Watching Parra play tonight, it was like the Harlem Globetrotters. When we have the ball, we don't do enough and teams just mark up on Jack. Timoko has been a plus this year though.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Storm 38-10
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

If we have less than 80 points put on us cumulatively in the next 2 rounds I'll be surprised.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Ricky stuffed up when he let sezer and bj go
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

My liver won't survive the year if things don't change.

This week is a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' as far as team selection goes. Not sure you really want to throw Savage, Trevilyan or Mooney out there against the Storm. It probably wouldn't be so bad if they'd played the preceding 4 rounds?

Our line speed and attitude in defence is awful and needs to improve otherwise we're a bottom 4 side. So much needs to improve.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
nachopants
Brett Mullins

Post by nachopants »

I'm kind of hoping I get Covid on about Thursday arvo
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

nachopants wrote: April 3, 2022, 10:58 pm I'm kind of hoping I get Covid on about Thursday arvo
That doesn’t stop you watching television.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Azza wrote: April 3, 2022, 9:41 pm Image
:roflmao
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

greeneyed wrote: April 4, 2022, 1:08 am
nachopants wrote: April 3, 2022, 10:58 pm I'm kind of hoping I get Covid on about Thursday arvo

Yeah I was wondering how covid prevents someone from watching TV
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: April 4, 2022, 4:02 am
greeneyed wrote: April 4, 2022, 1:08 am

Yeah I was wondering how covid prevents someone from watching TV
I hoping to be totally blind and deaf by Saturday.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

benda wrote: April 3, 2022, 8:08 pm Its sad.. we got no hope against storm.

Watching the parra game tonight where they put 48 on st george just emphasised to me that we are not a top 8 side. We wouldnt have scored more than 2 tries against st george tonight.
People laughed when I suggested at the end of last season that Parra will push for the title in 2022 way ahead of us.

I had them as a dark horse for the competition and seen nothing to change my mind. Their spine all over ours and they attack with purpose.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

A few things I wanted to raise:

* The “new attack” is definitely a work in progress, and I am confident with Crawley it will get better eventually. The team appears to be stuck in between at the moment, but with more expansive play, I feel as though we have started to take the cheap and easy option. We are a team that seems to hate going “set for set” - I know it’s a dirty word here, but we need to be able to both get into the grind, and play expansive when it is required. A few times on the weekend I was hoping Wighton or Schneider would put in a 4th tackle kick to a corner - when we don’t complete a few sets in a row, it’s a good circuit breaker. We just don’t look comfortable going back and forth and are going for the soft options.
* It is clear opposition teams have noted our lack of ball playing/quick hands and have started rushing out of the line to our playmakers. A few early kicks in behind, as well as a few inside drop off plays would put them in two minds (plus, if our players can execute, the old “harbour bridge” pass).
* Parramatta have had success against Melbourne when they play an extremely physical style through their forward pack. Arthur constantly refers to “chasing the collision” (to the point where it means little) but in games against the Storm, that’s a big thing. We need to be extremely physical with and without the ball. They used to have Cameron Smith’s smarts to get them out of territorial trouble. If we lose the territory battle, we will lose by 30+, but if we win it, we give ourselves a chance (they also can panic when losing territory).
* I think Treviliyan is a must. He is more than capable of punching out a quality 25 minutes. He has a good combination with Schneider and I feel he will get Papa and Tapine rolling forward much better than Frawley. You can’t sacrifice a quarter of the game the way we have been.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Our forwards are not making enough yards or getting fast enough PTBs. This thwarts our attack and while our intent to play second phase is actually a good idea, it works better against a retreating, broken defensive line.

Adam Elliott does not seem strong enough to break the line or even push it back. His PTB speed at eye level is not particularly fast either. Ditto Guler. Young + CHN rely on footwork more than power to gain the advantage so we need the spine players to put them in holes or run at defensively weak players.

It's time for some changes. Sutton has to come in for Adam Elliott or Guler. I would like to see Trevilyn on the bench and bugger Frawley off.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

TongueFTW wrote: April 4, 2022, 8:45 am A few things I wanted to raise:

* The “new attack” is definitely a work in progress, and I am confident with Crawley it will get better eventually. The team appears to be stuck in between at the moment, but with more expansive play, I feel as though we have started to take the cheap and easy option. We are a team that seems to hate going “set for set” - I know it’s a dirty word here, but we need to be able to both get into the grind, and play expansive when it is required. A few times on the weekend I was hoping Wighton or Schneider would put in a 4th tackle kick to a corner - when we don’t complete a few sets in a row, it’s a good circuit breaker. We just don’t look comfortable going back and forth and are going for the soft options.
* It is clear opposition teams have noted our lack of ball playing/quick hands and have started rushing out of the line to our playmakers. A few early kicks in behind, as well as a few inside drop off plays would put them in two minds (plus, if our players can execute, the old “harbour bridge” pass).
* Parramatta have had success against Melbourne when they play an extremely physical style through their forward pack. Arthur constantly refers to “chasing the collision” (to the point where it means little) but in games against the Storm, that’s a big thing. We need to be extremely physical with and without the ball. They used to have Cameron Smith’s smarts to get them out of territorial trouble. If we lose the territory battle, we will lose by 30+, but if we win it, we give ourselves a chance (they also can panic when losing territory).
* I think Treviliyan is a must. He is more than capable of punching out a quality 25 minutes. He has a good combination with Schneider and I feel he will get Papa and Tapine rolling forward much better than Frawley. You can’t sacrifice a quarter of the game the way we have been.
Good post. Agree with all of that.

As for Wighton, I think he tends to panic play a bit hence his wayward kicking game at times. You are spot on re the offloads. The players are taking the cheap option, I hadn't thought of it like that. I thought it was just execution.

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Our cohesion in attack can somewhat be explained by losing our starting hooker and half back early in the season but in general our attacking structures seem light years behind most other teams.

What I can’t forgive is our lack of enthusiasm and effort in defence. We regularly only get one or two into a tackle which results in quick play of the balls against us and often only one marker.

In attack we get monstered because instead of running hard at the line, trying to find the ground quickly and get a quick play of the ball we are always turning around and looking for an offload.

Line speed comes from winning the ruck in defence and we hardly ever seem to do that.

We don’t have the discipline to get into the arm wrestle and control the ball to build pressure.

It looks like we don’t have anyone out there with a footy brain at all!
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

dubby wrote: April 4, 2022, 8:48 am Our forwards are not making enough yards or getting fast enough PTBs. This thwarts our attack and while our intent to play second phase is actually a good idea, it works better against a retreating, broken defensive line.

Adam Elliott does not seem strong enough to break the line or even push it back. His PTB speed at eye level is not particularly fast either. Ditto Guler. Young + CHN rely on footwork more than power to gain the advantage so we need the spine players to put them in holes or run at defensively weak players.

It's time for some changes. Sutton has to come in for Adam Elliott or Guler. I would like to see Trevilyn on the bench and bugger Frawley off.
It doesn't really matter how quickly the forwards play the ball. Starling either can't or won't pass off the ground and by the time he straightens to pass, the opposition are close to being in the next player's teeth.

On the plus side, he is nowhere near as bad at dummy half as Travis Waddell was (or Jack Wighton that one time on Saturday). Back then, I believed that Waddell was playing the wrong Rugby code and could have made a decent halfback. That's another story.

I can't recall whether Trevelyan also has this habit, but if he doesn't, then he should start. That would allow the forwards to actually hit closer to the advantage line and potentially make some metres at speed. Once Starling comes on in his place, he'll be facing tired opposition forwards who won't be up on our platers to the same degree as they were in the first 20 minutes.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
daley6
David Grant
Favourite Player: campo

Post by daley6 »

Dear Ricky , Can you please pick xaSAVIOUR savage , kind regards daley6
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I am also at a friends wedding on Saturday, but I'm feeling absolutely betrayed - The ceremony goes from 1-2 and then the reception starts at 5.30.

So I'll be at the pub for the entire game and be forced to watch the entire ghastly affair.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Timbo wrote: April 4, 2022, 12:51 pm
I am also at a friends wedding on Saturday, but I'm feeling absolutely betrayed - The ceremony goes from 1-2 and then the reception starts at 5.30.

So I'll be at the pub for the entire game and be forced to watch the entire ghastly affair.
What the heck is going on. I have a friend's wedding too :lol:
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Ol Gangers is on to something.... GE has set up a classic red wedding
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

SSDD same **** different day.
Stuart will pick the exact same team as last week.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Botman wrote: April 4, 2022, 3:22 pm Ol Gangers is on to something.... GE has set up a classic red wedding
Nah, if it was GE behind it there would be a lot more of us invited.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Id like to get the Nickmans take on all of this myriad of puss.

This place is woke.