Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: Steve's Lazy Snooker Est 2005

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Dubster! Whats your life motto?
Also, what are you having? Next round's on me
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

greeneyed wrote: March 11, 2022, 1:25 pm

What a classic album, way to get in the mood for a trip to Canberra Stadium. Bar closed from 3:30pm.

The weirdest thing about FYC is that the lead singer showed up on bank ads in New Zealand around Y2k. I guess the weirdest part of it was that it was unclear if we were meant to know whether he was the guy off FYC or not.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

You know what’s similar? Shane Jacobson in the Sydney Water ads playing a guy called Bob.

Like, he’s Shane Jacobson. It’s weird to have a well known actor like himself not being himself in an ad. It throws me off
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: March 31, 2022, 1:27 pm Dubster! Whats your life motto?
Also, what are you having? Next round's on me
I'll have a Hanks Root Beer. Love the stuff.

Motto?

Never chase women or buses. You'll always be left behind. :P
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Blast from the 1970s!

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Hey Barkeep, can you tell me which letter of the alphabet pirates love the most?

Nickman's love of NSW
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Fui, what you drinking? My shout
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

You’re doing the Lord’s work Dubs. Slide an Old Fashioned down the bar

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 23, 2022, 5:29 pm Hey Barkeep, can you tell me which letter of the alphabet pirates love the most?
R?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

greeneyed wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 23, 2022, 5:29 pm Hey Barkeep, can you tell me which letter of the alphabet pirates love the most?
R?
They do like R, but their love is for the C

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 23, 2022, 10:58 pm
greeneyed wrote:
R?
They do like R, but their love is for the C
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Hey barkeep, do you know which letter of the alphabet brings Pirates the most joy?

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

X?
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

P. Without it, they’re irate

Nickman's love of NSW
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

irates
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I feel like eating real American coleslaw, some hot wedges, corn bread, and a huge dose of Wild Turkey.

And Fui to dress like Plucka Duck

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

dubby wrote:I feel like eating real American coleslaw, some hot wedges, corn bread, and a huge dose of Wild Turkey.

And Fui to dress like Plucka Duck
Kinda weird, back in the day, Tripod wrote a song about picking up women by telling them you’re Plucka Duck. When I was young and stupid, I thought I’d try it.

Can confirm 20 years ago, it never worked.

Nickman's love of NSW
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

:lol:

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Barkeep - You strike me as a bit of a Beatles fan, got a favourite song?

I was just listening to I Me Mine, I find it frustrating. You listen to the slow, melancholic melody. This guy agonising about how everyone’s only thinking about themselves. Next minute, the chorus hits and it’s all upbeat and doesn’t fit. It’d be better without it. I might write them a letter.

My favourite song though, probably while my guitar gently weeps.

Nickman's love of NSW
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

‘A day in the life’ and ‘in my life’ are both top shelf Beatles bangers.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 17, 2022, 6:01 pm Barkeep - You strike me as a bit of a Beatles fan, got a favourite song?

I was just listening to I Me Mine, I find it frustrating. You listen to the slow, melancholic melody. This guy agonising about how everyone’s only thinking about themselves. Next minute, the chorus hits and it’s all upbeat and doesn’t fit. It’d be better without it. I might write them a letter.

My favourite song though, probably while my guitar gently weeps.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Four passengers, two men and two women were sitting in a small compartment on a train travelling through the Swiss Alps.

One man was from Australia and the other was a kiwi, one of the women was a young and very good looking Swiss girl who spoke no English while the other woman was old.

The train went through many tunnels where the train compartment became completely dark. While in one tunnel, a loud slap was heard followed by a groan.

Upon emerging from the tunnel, the kiwi was nursing a red welt on his cheek. As they travelled on, nobody said anything.

The old lady concluded that the kiwi had groped the young woman and she slapped him.

The young woman concluded that he was trying to grope her but reached for the old lady by mistake and she slapped him.

The kiwi bloke concluded that the Aussie had groped the young woman and she slapped the kiwi by mistake.

The Aussie sat there quietly waiting for the next tunnel so he could slap the kiwi bloke again.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

:lol:

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:Four passengers, two men and two women were sitting in a small compartment on a train travelling through the Swiss Alps.

One man was from Australia and the other was a kiwi, one of the women was a young and very good looking Swiss girl who spoke no English while the other woman was old.

The train went through many tunnels where the train compartment became completely dark. While in one tunnel, a loud slap was heard followed by a groan.

Upon emerging from the tunnel, the kiwi was nursing a red welt on his cheek. As they travelled on, nobody said anything.

The old lady concluded that the kiwi had groped the young woman and she slapped him.

The young woman concluded that he was trying to grope her but reached for the old lady by mistake and she slapped him.

The kiwi bloke concluded that the Aussie had groped the young woman and she slapped the kiwi by mistake.

The Aussie sat there quietly waiting for the next tunnel so he could slap the kiwi bloke again.
Unrealistic. The Swiss woman would have had at least seven years of English through the standard high school curriculum, terminating in an at least Cambridge FCE level qualification, putting her roughly at a B2 level of language proficiency on the Common European Framework of Reference .

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

This song has taken up real estate in my head lately. Thought the Snooker needed a live session

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Barkeep, what job other than what you do / did would you like to do?

For me, I've always wanted to have a go at washing windows on a high rise building, or operate one of them giant cranes. Probably moreso the crane operator. I like having a go at different machinery.

You know what other job has been on my mind? Those sherpa guides. Mal knows how many people die each year on Everest, and there's people who make a living not only climbing that mountain, but carrying people's gear, setting up tents etc. So someone is doing this crazy extreme adventure, and for them its another Tuesday.

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Happy pouring drinks.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

"You don't see many Australian sherpas"
"Would you like to try some of my home made Summit Pale Ale mate?"
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Barkeep, what job other than what you do / did would you like to do?

For me, I've always wanted to have a go at washing windows on a high rise building, or operate one of them giant cranes. Probably moreso the crane operator. I like having a go at different machinery.

You know what other job has been on my mind? Those sherpa guides. Mal knows how many people die each year on Everest, and there's people who make a living not only climbing that mountain, but carrying people's gear, setting up tents etc. So someone is doing this crazy extreme adventure, and for them its another Tuesday.
I had regular contact with a window cleaner in NY. He'd been in the industry his entire career. Safety regulations over there were pretty lax and he'd lost many friends and colleagues who had fallen to their death. He would hang halfway out the windows and me, standing back in the doorway could feel the rush of wind whenever he spun the windows around. No way in hell would I do that job by choice.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

gergreg wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Barkeep, what job other than what you do / did would you like to do?

I had regular contact with a window cleaner in NY. He'd been in the industry his entire career. Safety regulations over there were pretty lax and he'd lost many friends and colleagues who had fallen to their death. He would hang halfway out the windows and me, standing back in the doorway could feel the rush of wind whenever he spun the windows around. No way in hell would I do that job by choice.
Yeah it would definitely be something I’d try for a day, just to experience it, but no way would I want to do it for a career.

A few years back there was a window washer doing his thing at our Parramatta office. I’ll never forget watching the rope unravel, and seeing this guy just free fall pass the window. Eventually he managed to climb up to the balcony on our floor, spent a few mins composing himself, before pulling his seat back up and getting back to work.

Nickman's love of NSW
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
gergreg wrote:

Yeah it would definitely be something I’d try for a day, just to experience it, but no way would I want to do it for a career.

A few years back there was a window washer doing his thing at our Parramatta office. I’ll never forget watching the rope unravel, and seeing this guy just free fall pass the window. Eventually he managed to climb up to the balcony on our floor, spent a few mins composing himself, before pulling his seat back up and getting back to work.
Yeah this guy was very chatty and some of his stories were horrifying. He'd point out sophisticated pulley systems on other buildings, while he was working - these were hydraulic lynch systems and he'd explain how they would basically malfunction on one side and just drop and if either guy wasn't prepared they'd just fall right off. Other times the systems weren't secured to buildings correctly and would just topple off the building. And with so many high rises the wind absolutely howls through there.

Like I said before safety standards weren't great. I think the first week I was there, a member of the public was basically sliced in half when a large glass pane fell from a building. Very common for manholes to get blasted a couple of hundred metres into the air from the extreme pressure - what goes up must come down and you're **** out of luck if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I'd just like to chime in here with a heart and forceful "Nope. Abso-****-lutely not. Not today, not ever. I don't want it experience it, I don't want to see it, I don't want to think about it."

I see these dudes doing **** like that, or going out to some cliff face and sitting on it's edge, or looking down from a sky scrapper and even the thought of it makes me feel physically ill
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I won’t lie, me too. I’m weird, I don’t feel like I have a fear of heights, but if I’m in a scenario where if I feel if I lean too far over I’ll fall, I’ll get sick. Whack a harness on and I’m fine. The idea of Hot air balloons terrifies me. But I still want to have a crack to try and get over the ill feeling.

What’s your “I’d have a crack at that” job Bot?

Nickman's love of NSW
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

What does Stevo make of The Smashing Pumpkins?