17%

Total votes: 12

Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Re: 2022 Rd 12 V Eels: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Rickmando »

BadnMean wrote: May 24, 2022, 9:32 pm
raiderskater wrote: May 24, 2022, 9:04 pm I think this is a very strong side, about as strong as we could hope for, after the news about CNK - six weeks was an awful shock after Ricky had said 1-2.

It is harsh on Kris, but Croker did a great job in the Bulldogs match before he was injured and I don't at all think it's a coincidence that the spark came back into the side after he returned and that Cotric started playing better immediately.
But Cotric played just as well or better when Kris was alongside him- they grew up playing together in the same teams.

I'd also say Kris has made more breaks, scored more tries and missed less tackles than Croker. Same threat in the air and kick chase, stronger and faster. He deserved the spot. I Croker was solid v the Dogs, great is a stretch.
If you ignore goal kicking- there is not one aspect of the game Croker is better at than Kris, as things stand now in 2022.

It’s a very, very ordinary selection
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Rickmando wrote: May 24, 2022, 9:45 pm
BadnMean wrote: May 24, 2022, 9:32 pm
raiderskater wrote: May 24, 2022, 9:04 pm I think this is a very strong side, about as strong as we could hope for, after the news about CNK - six weeks was an awful shock after Ricky had said 1-2.

It is harsh on Kris, but Croker did a great job in the Bulldogs match before he was injured and I don't at all think it's a coincidence that the spark came back into the side after he returned and that Cotric started playing better immediately.
But Cotric played just as well or better when Kris was alongside him- they grew up playing together in the same teams.

I'd also say Kris has made more breaks, scored more tries and missed less tackles than Croker. Same threat in the air and kick chase, stronger and faster. He deserved the spot. I Croker was solid v the Dogs, great is a stretch.
If you ignore goal kicking- there is not one aspect of the game Croker is better at than Kris, as things stand now in 2022.

It’s a very, very ordinary selection
setting up the winger to score?

prove me wrong with statistics!
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Croker and Fogarty should play nsw cup, good players but why change a winning team. Kris deserves to hold his spot
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Parra are a good team, and if they play to their best, we will find it very hard to knock them off. Some thoughts:

* Their main weakness is their edge defence. Both wingers love to jam up, kicks in behind and the old “harbour bridge” pass will be effective. I am really happy Fogarty is back - the guy had 13 Try Assists last year in a side with excellent attack (Wighton had 8 last year, though more tries). The only thing I worry about is Fogarty’s kicking - with the Titans, he was very one dimensional with mid field bombs. He needs more variety in his kicking, and both he and Wighton need to bring their A game with the long kicking. It’s so crucial in today’s game (do the extras, Jack!).
* Their main strength is their kicking game. Moses (and at times, Mahoney) have an excellent long kicking game. In our home game against them last year, Moses suffocated us by kicking to our left wing (Rapana) and then smashing our left centre (Croker) on the next tackle, which dominated the set from then on. I love Croker, but the main reason I wanted Kris there is that he is more effective on the second tackle ruck. Since Rapana is now playing right, he has to make the effort to get to the left for the second tackle carry - hopefully Cotric will be able to take the third tackle after catching on first. Savage also needs to be a little smarter on his carries, don’t go seeking contact, look to use footwork and run at gaps. The back 3 will actually win or lose the game for us this week.
* Moses has had plenty of try assists this year with his short kicking game. Savage has to be extremely aware and busy in defence. He has the speed to make up ground, just has to know where to be. Moses is still a good target for us to run plays at - he is a legs tackler and good for a quick play the ball. We should shift left and look to isolate him against Wighton or the speed of Savage out the back, then work off the quick ruck.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Probably the closest to our best team named this season however it is very harsh having Kris dropped after arguably his best two games in green. Croker doesn't have the runs on the board this season to warrant automatic selection.

CHN so clearly deserves to be there, I can't see how he isn't named.

Shame about CNK because he was working into good form, however a good opportunity to see Savage given an extended run.
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

I dont think Kris has been dropped as such.

He'll play a vital role from the bench and I think him being there is best for the balance of the team.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Croker ruled out with a shoulder injury!

Jarrod Croker dislocates shoulder on Tuesday

Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker will not play in the Raiders Round 12 match against the Eels after dislocating his shoulder on Tuesday. He will have scans in the coming days to determine the extent of the injury and see if it requires surgery.

Injuries/Suspension

NAME: Jarrod Croker
INJURY: Shoulder
EXPECTED RETURN: Indefinite

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... od-croker/
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Hopefully CHN onto the bench.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

The Nickman wrote: May 25, 2022, 1:59 pm Croker ruled out with a shoulder injury!
How frustrating for him. I'm going to guess surgery required. See you next season or close to it.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

julian87 wrote: May 25, 2022, 2:01 pm Hopefully CHN onto the bench.
Schiller is the only back in the reserves list. Given how green he is you'd assume we go with CHN and there's enough cover there among the backs if we have to shuffle.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I'm sure that'll be the signal for a celebration party for some in this thread with the way people have been carrying on.

Come on universe, cut him a break, please! Hopefully it's another minor one and only another couple of weeks.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

That’ll be his season. I warned about rushing him back after two weeks if he’s not 100%. Look what happened
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

The Nickman wrote: May 25, 2022, 1:59 pm Croker ruled out with a shoulder injury!

Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker will not play in the Raiders Round 12 match against the Eels after dislocating his shoulder on Tuesday. He will have scans in the coming days to determine the extent of the injury and see if it requires surgery.

Injuries/Suspension

Gutted for him and the team. His goal kicking was missed against the Rabbitohs, though Kris did a great job as a replacement.

He thoroughly deserves to clock up 300 games.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
President Clinton
Dean Lance

yurithe1 wrote: May 25, 2022, 2:37 pm

Injuries/Suspension

Gutted for him and the team. His goal kicking was missed against the Rabbitohs, though Kris did a great job as a replacement.

Fogarty will bring an improvement with the goal kicking.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

That a shame about toots, not a good way to go out, thanks for the memories shagger.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Who's comin in?

This place is woke.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

The club needs to get around him and ensure his mental health holds up, surely this the end for Toots, such a tragic way to end such a shining career
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Finchy wrote: May 25, 2022, 2:29 pm That’ll be his season. I warned about rushing him back after two weeks if he’s not 100%. Look what happened
Absolutely terrible for him... I am sure Stuart gave Croker a licence to choose his return date.. I doubt he was rushed in from the coaches.

I fear that this is him done for his career ... not just season. Medical retirement a strong possibility. He has been playing pretty busted up already.

Lucky for us Kris is a beast and he slots straight in. We always play well with him in our starting side.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I love seeing that proud indigenous celebration when the big fella scores

This place is woke.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Kryptonite wrote: May 25, 2022, 3:05 pm The club needs to get around him and ensure his mental health holds up, surely this the end for Toots, such a tragic way to end such a shining career
To Croker's credit and a piece where that made me proud to be a supporter is that while he was playing in lower grades this season he was very visible on the sidelines and dressing rooms. I am sure these kinda guys get jobs with the club in other admin roles. Won't be short changed or lining up the centrelink queue.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

TongueFTW wrote: May 25, 2022, 8:12 am Parra are a good team, and if they play to their best, we will find it very hard to knock them off. Some thoughts:

* Their main weakness is their edge defence. Both wingers love to jam up, kicks in behind and the old “harbour bridge” pass will be effective. I am really happy Fogarty is back - the guy had 13 Try Assists last year in a side with excellent attack (Wighton had 8 last year, though more tries). The only thing I worry about is Fogarty’s kicking - with the Titans, he was very one dimensional with mid field bombs. He needs more variety in his kicking, and both he and Wighton need to bring their A game with the long kicking. It’s so crucial in today’s game (do the extras, Jack!).
* Their main strength is their kicking game. Moses (and at times, Mahoney) have an excellent long kicking game. In our home game against them last year, Moses suffocated us by kicking to our left wing (Rapana) and then smashing our left centre (Croker) on the next tackle, which dominated the set from then on. I love Croker, but the main reason I wanted Kris there is that he is more effective on the second tackle ruck. Since Rapana is now playing right, he has to make the effort to get to the left for the second tackle carry - hopefully Cotric will be able to take the third tackle after catching on first. Savage also needs to be a little smarter on his carries, don’t go seeking contact, look to use footwork and run at gaps. The back 3 will actually win or lose the game for us this week.
* Moses has had plenty of try assists this year with his short kicking game. Savage has to be extremely aware and busy in defence. He has the speed to make up ground, just has to know where to be. Moses is still a good target for us to run plays at - he is a legs tackler and good for a quick play the ball. We should shift left and look to isolate him against Wighton or the speed of Savage out the back, then work off the quick ruck.
Good observations. Parra on their day can beat any side... problem for them is it appears to be a lottery to actually pick their day. IMO they are a side full of egos and they struggle mentally to hold it together week over week. I don't think their roster wins a premiership.

I am confident we can beat them if we play well. Souths were terrible, but we played well. Same goes against Cronulla. So we just need to focus on our game. We have arguably the best 2 starting props and now we actually have an experienced 7. Kris for me is an absolute beast who now cements his spot in the starting side. We found a good starting hooker.... Overall I feel like we are finally field a good team... anything can happen.

Full confidence needs to go behind Savage... hope he gets an opportunity to show us how he can tear up in offense.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

I look forward to Valemei in the starting team to replace Croker
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

President Clinton wrote: May 25, 2022, 2:53 pm

Injuries/Suspension

Why do you think so? In 2022 Croker has had four shots at goal, kicking three (75 per cent). His success rate in 2021 was 93 per cent and 82 per cent in 2020. Fogarty's goal kicking success rate at the Titans was 75 per cent (highest 78 per cent in 2021).
President Clinton
Dean Lance

greeneyed wrote: May 25, 2022, 3:47 pm

Injuries/Suspension

Why do you think so? In 2022 Croker has had four shots at goal, kicking three (75 per cent). His success rate in 2021 was 93 per cent and 82 per cent in 2020. Fogarty's goal kicking success rate at the Titans was 75 per cent (highest 78 per cent in 2021).
Sorry GE, I meant with Croker missing, Fogarty will be an improvement on Rapana and Schneider. The latter hasn't been horrible, but in a few games he has been off.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

President Clinton wrote: May 25, 2022, 3:58 pm

Injuries/Suspension

Sorry GE, I meant with Croker missing, Fogarty will be an improvement on Rapana and Schneider. The latter hasn't been horrible, but in a few games he has been off.
Ah OK, now I understand. Schneider hasn't been too bad up to last week. He was at 85 per cent success rate. That's fallen to 79 per cent after missing two on Sunday. He just didn't seem mentally prepared for kicking on the weekend... or to play.
President Clinton
Dean Lance

greeneyed wrote: May 25, 2022, 4:07 pm
President Clinton wrote: May 25, 2022, 3:58 pm

Ah OK, now I understand. Schneider hasn't been too bad up to last week. He was at 85 per cent success rate. That's fallen to 79 per cent after missing two on Sunday. He just didn't seem mentally prepared for kicking on the weekend... or to play.
I recall he was 2/5 against the Titans in round three too.

I think once he’s off, he’s off and it doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Edit: Thought Schneider played decently last weekend, though as Stuart pointed out he is probably due for a well deserved rest.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Question wrote: May 25, 2022, 3:08 pm I love seeing that proud indigenous celebration when the big fella scoresImage

It is pretty good to see and hopefully he will get across the line a couple of times this weekend :D
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Bad luck for Toots. That's clearly not a good sign, although if it was to happen it's much better that he did it during training.

The injury must be much worse than they expected.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Seb Kris deserved to hold the centre spot after last week's match, but no one wants to see a Club stalwart unable to play due to a dislocated shoulder. Terrible news for JC. I wonder how the injury happened at training.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

RedRaider wrote: May 25, 2022, 6:33 pm Seb Kris deserved to hold the center spot after last week's match, but no one wants to see a Club stalwart unable to play due to a dislocated shoulder. Terrible news for JC. I wonder how the injury happened at training.
It happened at home I read somewhere.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

gangrenous wrote: May 24, 2022, 8:13 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: The Croker thing is just weird. He has to do 6 weeks service in NSW Cup to prove he isn't injury prone, comes back and gets injured and is then straight back in once that one heals. Seems like it confirmed the hypothesis, but the hypothesis is now out the window :lol:
Don’t think it was to do with proving he wasn’t injury prone. It was proving he was sufficiently able bodied to perform at NRL standard after the surgery. Shoulder injury doesn’t impact that concern.
Does now. I thought from the pain he was in it'd be a really high chance of recurring - just happened a bit sooner than expected.

Really sad for Croker for his career the way it has over the last couple of years. Like with Campese it's just a reminder there's no sentiment in sport.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

If I was a betting man (who am I kidding...). I would be looking at their props to score, and/or Papali'i. They will be running angles on our line to isolate Savage. And they are good enough to do that. I actually hope (but doubt) we play Rapana at the back when defending inside our 20.

We will need to be very very good in terms of possession and field position. Fingers crossed.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-PJ- wrote: May 25, 2022, 6:50 pm
RedRaider wrote: May 25, 2022, 6:33 pm Seb Kris deserved to hold the center spot after last week's match, but no one wants to see a Club stalwart unable to play due to a dislocated shoulder. Terrible news for JC. I wonder how the injury happened at training.
It happened at home I read somewhere.
Here: https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1868281
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I've thrown a shoulder out having a cuddle before.

This place is woke.
Hell On Eels
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Hell On Eels »

TongueFTW wrote: May 25, 2022, 8:12 am Parra are a good team, and if they play to their best, we will find it very hard to knock them off. Some thoughts:

Thank you, Tongue. Alan Tongue was a tough player. Punched above his weight.

Just thought I might peek in and have a look at what you guys were saying about us, LOL.

Been watching the Raiders over the last three weeks, in particular v Souths and the Sharks, I was really impressed with the team (not a Ricky fan though for obvious reasons).

You guys played with mongrel, and courage. It's going to be a tough game for the Eels to pull off. We've won something like 2 games at GIO since 2000.

Anyway, may the best team win. Or us (lol). Have a great week all!