17%
Eels 13+
17%

Total votes: 12

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2022 Rd 12 V Eels: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders hooker Zac Woolford given the chance to play for his NRL career

The Canberra Raiders are on the hunt for a hooker and Woolford's impressive start in lime green has him in the mix to earn himself an NRL contract. Raiders coach Ricky Stuart said whether Woolford will earn himself a Green Machine contract will be decided by what he does on the field.

"Performance shows all that going forward now. He's got another opportunity this week," Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

NRL Indigenous round has Canberra Raiders halfback Jamal Fogarty sharing the language of love

"Baugal inala gumera." That's how Jamal Fogarty says goodnight to his kids every night. "Goodnight love."
It's a simple way the Canberra Raiders halfback is keeping the language of his Mununjali people alive.

"We've got a little dictionary with a couple of words and the good thing about having someone to teach you the words is every night when I'm at home I tell my little ones to say, 'Goodnight love' in our language back home, which is really cool."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

So they don't have to name official changes until 24 hours out? That's very odd imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

julian87 wrote: May 27, 2022, 6:36 pm So they don't have to name official changes until 24 hours out? That's very odd imo.
That’s been the standard for a couple of years now. 24 hours out, reduce to 19, one hour out, final team.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

greeneyed wrote: May 27, 2022, 7:06 pm
julian87 wrote: May 27, 2022, 6:36 pm So they don't have to name official changes until 24 hours out? That's very odd imo.
That’s been the standard for a couple of years now. 24 hours out, reduce to 19, one hour out, final team.
I understand that. Most clubs name their replacements when injuries like Croker happen though imo. Ruled out players don't normally remain on official team lists for half a week.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

julian87 wrote: May 27, 2022, 7:33 pm
I understand that. Most clubs name their replacements when injuries like Croker happen though imo. Ruled out players don't normally remain on official team lists for half a week.
Maybe they're working on a special Clearance for Valemei?
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

julian87 wrote:
Just because Croker is injured doesn’t mean the Raiders have officially lodged it with the NRL, they have no real need too until 24hours before kickoff.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Most clubs arent run like ours. :lol:

Stuart probably thinks he's going to pull the wool over Bearther's eyes by a late withdrawal of Croker who's been widely reported as having dislocated his shoulder reaching for the remote

SMOOOOOOOOOOKESCEEEN SZN BAYBEEEEEEEEEEE
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Botman wrote: May 27, 2022, 9:59 pm Most clubs arent run like ours. :lol:

Stuart probably thinks he's going to pull the wool over Bearther's eyes by a late withdrawal of Croker who's been widely reported as having dislocated his shoulder reaching for the remote

The other possibility is Croker takes the field looking like Roger 'Verbal' Kint with a dangling arm before going full Keyser Soze and stampeding Opacic with his first touch.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I heard the surgery went pretty well

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

How’s Schiller been going in lower grades, any chance he’ll get another run if Sticky is intent on keeping an outside back on the bench?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 27, 2022, 10:55 pm
Botman wrote: May 27, 2022, 9:59 pm Most clubs arent run like ours. :lol:

The other possibility is Croker takes the field looking like Roger 'Verbal' Kint with a dangling arm before going full Keyser Soze and stampeding Opacic with his first touch.
His game isn’t built around strong use of shoulders so who knows…..
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

I would play Croker given there is little to no chance he can re-injure his shoulder during the game. That is, unless Parra sneak a remote onto the field…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Some funny stuff above!

And some paranoia. If you consider our rotations/balance from the last few weeks (when we have gone 3-0) - Schiller coming onto the bench is the only thing that makes sense.
luffraider
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Fensom

Post by luffraider »

Didn’t see CHN in the captains run anywhere. Was it Schiller and mooney also there?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

guess we'll know in the next 45mins

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

luffraider wrote:Didn’t see CHN in the captains run anywhere. Was it Schiller and mooney also there?
both those guys were there

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

I'd rather Mooney than Schiller

I can see Schiller not getting any time unless there is an injury or a HIA
Perth Based Raiders Fan
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

So it's pretty much certain CHN has done something isn't it.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I detest the insurance policy of having a reserve grade standard outside back on the bench. 100% CHN is a better centre at NRL level than Schiller is a winger.

For every good thing you get as a Raiders fan you always get a crackpot Stuart move. Ugh.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Why Jamal Fogarty's Canberra Raiders debut is so special

When Jamal Fogarty made his NRL debut he only found out on the morning of the game. So there was no time for a jersey presentation involving family.

"I'm not as good a talker as my husband. Firstly I'd like to thank the club for letting us be here today," his wife Kahlia said. "When Jamal made his NRL debut he got told at [9am] he was playing so he didn't have any special presentation or anyone there to support him so being here is very special for us and it means a lot.

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart backs Jack Wighton for NSW Blues State of Origin squad

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart is expecting Jack Wighton to be named for NSW on Sunday - unless they've suddenly changed the State of Origin prototype from athletic, skilful and tough.

"Personally I think the halves will be the Penrith boys - [Nathan Cleary and Luai] - and I think if Jack's not used on an edge he'll be used as a utility player on the bench," Stuart said.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker vows to keep fighting and wants to play on

Canberra Raiders skipper Jarrod Croker is refusing to give up hope of another miraculous recovery from a career-threatening injury. He will see a surgeon on Wednesday for the full diagnosis on the shoulder.

“I was sitting on the floor in the lounge room at home and reached above my head to get the TV remote control,” he explained. “Then the shoulder just came clean out on me. I was on my hands and knees in pain until the doctor arrived about 40 minutes later and put it back in place.”

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... fa63d4fd8a
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

julian87 wrote: May 28, 2022, 4:49 pm So it's pretty much certain CHN has done something isn't it.
Overwhelmingly likely
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

It's the only logical answer at this point, even accounting for Stuart's itchy trigger finger on him.

He's not a world beater, he's a slightly above average edge forward, and he's certainly in our best 17 footballers, particularly when you consider he's able to contribute as a middle forward and covers centre in a pinch. He was also re-signed by the club for 3 years earlier this year, so the club MUST view him as a long term player... so there has to be more to the story
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Botman wrote: May 28, 2022, 9:28 pm It's the only logical answer at this point, even accounting for Stuart's itchy trigger finger on him.

He's not a world beater, he's a slightly above average edge forward, and he's certainly in our best 17 footballers, particularly when you consider he's able to contribute as a middle forward and covers centre in a pinch. He was also re-signed by the club for 3 years earlier this year, so the club MUST view him as a long term player... so there has to be more to the story
Surely an attitude / late to training or poor training thing? Only thing that makes sense??
I don’t mind the discipline approach if it is something like that and highly likely senior players supported it too. I’m sure he’ll back in a week or so?
Maybe he threw a tub of moisturiser at an unsuspecting motorist? Has been done before..

Hope Stick is asked directly in presser tomorrow either way
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

2022 Rd 12 V Eels: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Rick »

So if Wighton gets picked do you think we will see Fogs and Schneider or Fogs and Frawley?????

In my view I think it would be an excellent development opportunity for Schneider to play alongside Fogs.

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Botman wrote: May 28, 2022, 9:28 pm It's the only logical answer at this point, even accounting for Stuart's itchy trigger finger on him.
so there has to be more to the story
That's it! He won't watch the video!
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Rick wrote: May 28, 2022, 10:31 pm So if Wighton gets picked do you think we will see Fogs and Schneider or Fogs and Frawley?????

In my view I think it would be an excellent development opportunity for Schneider to play alongside Fogs.

Im bias because i think Schneider will be a top 5 half back in 3 years time.

Id be playing Schneider at every of opportunity going forward.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Old School Green wrote:

Surely an attitude / late to training or poor training thing? Only thing that makes sense??
I don’t mind the discipline approach if it is something like that and highly likely senior players supported it too. I’m sure he’ll back in a week or so?
Maybe he threw a tub of moisturiser at an unsuspecting motorist? Has been done before..

Hope Stick is asked directly in presser tomorrow either way
Or it could just be that Whitehead and Hudson Young are going better on the edges at the moment and Elliot has more utility value with what he showed filling in at 9.

Don’t get me wrong, I like what Corey brings in terms of energy and enthusiasm but he also has some errors in his game. Whitehead is picked regardless and Hudson young has been playing some of his best footy over the past couple of weeks.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

greeneyed wrote: May 28, 2022, 9:06 pm Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker vows to keep fighting and wants to play on

Canberra Raiders skipper Jarrod Croker is refusing to give up hope of another miraculous recovery from a career-threatening injury. He will see a surgeon on Wednesday for the full diagnosis on the shoulder.

“I was sitting on the floor in the lounge room at home and reached above my head to get the TV remote control,” he explained. “Then the shoulder just came clean out on me. I was on my hands and knees in pain until the doctor arrived about 40 minutes later and put it back in place.”

I'm confused. Everyone here said he'd forego the million+ he has remaining for the good of the club :? :roflmao

That was always living in the clouds stuff. I commend Jarrod for playing on and rinsing every $ he can out of that terrible deal - our club will never wise up.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:
greeneyed wrote: May 28, 2022, 9:06 pm Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker vows to keep fighting and wants to play on

I'm confused. Everyone here said he'd forego the million+ he has remaining for the good of the club :? :roflmao

That was always living in the clouds stuff. I commend Jarrod for playing on and rinsing every $ he can out of that terrible deal - our club will never wise up.
Define 'everyone'. I certainly remember this being said of Dave Furner but not Croker.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Crash Ball
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Crash Ball »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 29, 2022, 9:08 am

I don't think he would have to forego anything if he got a medical retirement.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

gergreg wrote: May 29, 2022, 9:21 am
Roger Kenworthy wrote:

Define 'everyone'. I certainly remember this being said of Dave Furner but not Croker.
This was more like late 2020 / start 2021 there was a consensus here that he's such a club man he'd walk away if he couldn't perform at NRL level any longer. Those posters were in a fantasy land.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I don’t recall anyone saying that
The common theory was he was a medical retirement (I myself was on that train and I said a few times that I thought he could even have done it by now, so I’ll put my hand up on that) waiting to happen
Which is also appearing less and less likely now but I don’t remember many, if any saying he’d walk away from the money and just flat out retire
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Crash Ball wrote: May 29, 2022, 9:51 am
Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 29, 2022, 9:08 am

I don't think he would have to forego anything if he got a medical retirement.
Problem with the medical retirement is it needs to be a chronic injury severe enough to stop a career. His knee was a good bet- until he got the stem cells and came back with good movement. Harder to claim that now. A shoulder injury is common enough and rehabable this year so of course he'll come back if he can- we're paying him this year anyway so better for both if he comes back.

The shoulder would have to be inoperable (never heard of that) rehab on that would have to fail or he'd have to do the shoulder _again_ before it could become a retirement injury.

But let's face it the people who think Toots will retire out of the goodness of his heart are the same people who think the club just finds jobs for every ex player at the club and they all hang around doing dubiously little forever as a big happy family on an endless money funnel. In reality, in a few years you'd have a dozen recent ex players joining last eras dozen ex players still on the books and 37 full time community outreach/promotions officers on the books. And the NRL salary cap auditors sniffing around because these are all at risk of being seen as inducements/sweeteners to retirement/final deals and therefore should be on the cap...
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

It seems the term “everyone” is thrown about rather loosely these days…