BJ
Steve Walters

Re: Ricky Stuart says he’ll never again coach against the Canberra Raiders

Post by BJ »

Finchy wrote:
BJ wrote: July 1, 2022, 12:18 pm
bonehead wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Shiv wrote: July 1, 2022, 10:49 am thoughts on Morris? Thought he was hard done by at the Sharks
I'd 100% have him over Rocky.
don't mind him

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Morris didn’t strike me as anything special. Had his tyres pumped hard by the Sydney media early in his coaching career. I thought Josh Hannay clearly out coached him as his temporary replacement.

There’s a reason the Sharks dumped him and he’s certainly not high on the radar for clubs on the lookout for coaches.

Surely it’s 50/50 whether he’ll be a full time head coach again. So an easy pass for me.
I don’t rate Morris or Hannay, but Morris made the finals when he coached them, Hannay didn’t, so not sure about the “clearly outcoached” part. He won 8 games all year and has a lower win/loss ratio.
I’m just talking about a couple of games when Hannay pulled some good tactics, bench use and man management. That’s why I commented about my thoughts on the out-coaching. But concede my wording was too strong.

As for the overall record. Not easy for a replacement coach to come in and have a better record compared to a coach who took them to the finals the previous season.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

LastRaider wrote:It astounds me how Don Furner still has a job. No CEO with his record would have a job at a Sydney club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you seen how badly some of the other clubs are run? We wouldn't even be bottom 5.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

LastRaider wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Shiv wrote: July 1, 2022, 10:49 am thoughts on Morris? Thought he was hard done by at the Sharks
I'd 100% have him over Rocky.
Me too

Agreed. What does Rocky Balboa know about Rugby League?

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

You could make an argument that Ricky coaches against the Raiders best interests every week.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

BJ wrote: July 1, 2022, 4:37 pm As for the overall record. Not easy for a replacement coach to come in and have a better record compared to a coach who took them to the finals the previous season.
I agree. That’s why I was questioning the “clearly outcoached” part. But I get your point
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Not the news headline we are looking for.

Please let us know when it’s “Ricky Stuart says he’ll never again coach FOR the Canberra Raiders”.

Absolute myth
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

We need a change. Never have I felt more sure. We're stalr, recruitment has gone stale and tactically we are completely inept.

It's so depressing being a Raiders fan knowing there's no real reasons to be cheerful for the future.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Wonder how they are going to sell the extension this time around?

It is easy enough to sell it off the back of a GF or prelim but how do you even pretend to be a professional outfit handing out extensions to a bloke who missed the finals 2 Or 3 years in a row?
Up The Milk
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Mickey_Raider wrote:Wonder how they are going to sell the extension this time around?

It is easy enough to sell it off the back of a GF or prelim but how do you even pretend to be a professional outfit handing out extensions to a bloke who missed the finals 2 Or 3 years in a row?
My favourite was when we had to urgently extend David Furner because of all the other clubs clamouring for his services.

And that we couldn't let him go because he bleeds green.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: July 3, 2022, 7:16 pm
Mickey_Raider wrote:Wonder how they are going to sell the extension this time around?

My favourite was when we had to urgently extend David Furner because of all the other clubs clamouring for his services.

Hold on to your hat, the QBN Mafia are about to run it back again, friend.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

I believe that today Ricky delivered his 4th failure to make the finals in 6 years.
We aren’t getting near the storm or panthers. That means we will need to go 5/6 at a minimum from the rest of our games to make it.
And there is no way this raiders side is doing that.
And we are going to extend Ricky in the off-season.
Dunno why I bother with this club sometimes. As Bot said it is the QBN mafia and there is nothing any of us suckers can do about it but
continue to invest like idiots.
Up The Milk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And then after the re-signing, the Raiders decided to tell no one.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: July 3, 2022, 8:23 pm

And then after the re-signing, the Raiders decided to tell no one.
I reckon there is a 50/50 chance right now Stuart's already inked the extension. Hear me now, they're running the same play book! :lol:
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Yep I agree, I think it’s definitely been signed. I’m worried it’s a 5 year agreement…

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

He can't be asking for much as Rocky has stated he will not coach anywhere and there isn't exactly a plethora of CEO's belting down his door to bring his insipid draconian style to their club, Way to get leverage there Rocky.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Raider Azz wrote:
LastRaider wrote:It astounds me how Don Furner still has a job. No CEO with his record would have a job at a Sydney club

Have you seen how badly some of the other clubs are run? We wouldn't even be bottom 5.

Phew, that’s a relief!

Hear that guys? No need to worry, we’re not even in the bottom 5 worst run clubs!
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Mickey_Raider wrote: July 3, 2022, 7:35 pm I believe that today Ricky delivered his 4th failure to make the finals in 6 years.
We aren’t getting near the storm or panthers. That means we will need to go 5/6 at a minimum from the rest of our games to make it.
And there is no way this raiders side is doing that.
And we are going to extend Ricky in the off-season.
Dunno why I bother with this club sometimes. As Bot said it is the QBN mafia and there is nothing any of us suckers can do about it but
continue to invest like idiots.
If they extend, I'm out.

I guess I could write and explain why someone who flew across continents multiple times to watch a team and hasn't renewed membership has left- but I doubt Don feels that has any influence on how awesome a job he is doing and that literally no one else in Oz could take the club any further forward and he's doing us all a big favour by staying- not just accepting a paycheck he'd never earn in any other business arena.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

I've been a fan for over 35 years. I love this club and invest in a lot of my time watching and following them. I'm out as well if they extend Ricky. I just don't see we are going anywhere as a club with him as the head coach. Another 10-11th place finish and Furner wants to extend him. Sick of the coaching and what goes on.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

The Nickman wrote:
Raider Azz wrote:

Phew, that’s a relief!

Hear that guys? No need to worry, we’re not even in the bottom 5 worst run clubs!
You feeling okay nickman? You're a bit slow on the uptake the last few days. Did I say we were well run? All I'm saying is lastraiders claim is incorrect.

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

We'll he's coaching against the Raiders now!
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Thread Title had me at 'again'...
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Rocky has lost the plot.