This place is woke.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2022 Rd 21 V Panthers: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker »

Raider47 wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:39 pm
Botman wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:37 pm
Raider of d Lost Ark wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:36 pm In hindsight, was putting CNK at fullback a better move than giving Raps a run back there?

Poor guy looked old and slow tonight.

100% but i dont think that option was available to us.
I really dont understand why CNK isnt one of the last guys to be culled from the line up myself, but that's stuart for you.
It'd have made a difference of perhaps one try saving attempt in defence let's be real.

We really think CNK would have helped solve the issue of squandering 41 opportunities in their 20?
He hasn’t been the answer for the last few seasons… try Hoppa, try anyone, but stop looking for different answers to questions that have been well and truly answered!
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

If he loved the club he'd resign.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

-PJ- wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:40 pm Rapana isn’t our issue here guys.
Yep extend him 3 years
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

That was the most trashiest trash ive ever seen that was trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders star Joe Tapine injured in double blow against Penrith Panthers

This was supposed to be the first stop of the bandwagon express. The night the Canberra Raiders announced themselves as as genuine threat this year. But instead of gathering momentum, the Green Machine slipped on a miserable, rainy night in the capital and they're counting the costs on multiple fronts after a missed opportunity.

The Raiders couldn't find top gear in their clash against the ladder-leading Penrith Panthers, landing the first blow but then always playing from behind in an 26-6 loss.

PENRITH PANTHERS 26 (Api Koroisau, Stephen Crichton, Dylan Edwards, Jaeman Salmon tries; Stephen Crichton 5 goals) bt CANBERRA RAIDERS 6 (Josh Papalii try; Jamal Fogarty goal) at Canberra Stadium on Saturday. Referee: Grant Atkins. Crowd: 16,912

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14329

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart goes ballistic at Tom Starling low blow by Penrith Panthers' Jaeman Salmon

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has gone off at Penrith's replacement five-eighth Jaeman Salmon after an ugly incident in the second half.

Stuart did not mince words in describing his thoughts about Salmon's actions, kicking out at the crotch of Tom Starling.

"I've had history with that kid," Stuart said. "I know that kid very well. He was a weak gutted dog as a kid and he hasn't changed now. "He's a weak gutted dog person now."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

'That doesn't make me scared': Ricky Stuart backs Raiders to bounce back after Panthers loss

The Canberra Raiders are adamant they've still got what it takes to make the NRL finals despite being kept scoreless for more than 70 minutes on Saturday.

"I'm not walking away from that downhearted," Stuart said. "There was so much effort. We just let ourselves down ... the tries they scored, they're tries we stop every week.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

MATCH REPORT: Edwards celebrates in style as Panthers outclass Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/08/06/edw ... s-raiders/

MATCH REPORT: Canberra falls to defeat against the Panthers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/08 ... -panthers/

Edwards leads Panthers to victory as Raiders’ finals hopes fade: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... f6fed87aa1

‘This is a big moment in Canberra’s season’: Raiders cop double blow: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 551ff06cf7

Two ugly high shots send Panthers and Raiders’ guns to the bin in chaotic scenes: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 36c455503a

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Raiders v Panthers: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/08/06/mat ... -panthers/

PRESS CONFERENCES: Raiders v Panthers: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... d-21-2022/

Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... -round-21/

Panthers: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... -round-21/

GALLERY: Raiders v Panthers: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/2 ... &sort=best

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/08 ... -panthers/
Last edited by The Greenhouse on August 6, 2022, 10:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Greenhouse score update service
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

That Brew bloke can still get pictures taken with Rocky at golf days etc , he can stalk the bloke for the rest of his life for all its worth.

This place is woke.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Botman wrote: August 6, 2022, 6:32 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: August 6, 2022, 6:29 pm The 6/7/1 just way, way off the pace

If that can change we can still win
Need a Jack Wighton resurgance at halftime like the Warriors game
He came out a different player and won us that game. We need it again tonight.
Jack is too hot and cold, he is not a game manager, the sooner Ricky gets that through his thick head and buys a decent 5/8 the better.
Jack is a natural centre, he cramps the left side attack and I'm bloody sick of saying it.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

I see Josh Mansour was playing for Souths in NSW Cup against us today. That's what good professional teams do - first Penrith, for getting rid of him, then Souths, for not giving him a passage to play FG. He's well past it.

We give free passes all the time to our loyal servants. Resign them on big contracts as well.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I recall Kris taking one good carry and Timoko little more. Brad Morkos was very good against Souths was very good today. If the 8 is all but gone I’d like to see us try things
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

My god we suck.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:50 pm I see Josh Mansour was playing for Souths in NSW Cup against us today. That's what good professional teams do - first Penrith, for getting rid of him, then Souths, for not giving him a passage to play FG. He's well past it.

We give free passes all the time to our loyal servants. Resign them on big contracts as well.
Amen - some obvious easy calls we don’t make and some unpopular calls with the fans we should make
Greengoblin
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Greengoblin »

Is that the season?
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Billy Walker wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:50 pm I recall Kris taking one good carry and Timoko little more. Brad Morkos was very good against Souths was very good today. If the 8 is all but gone I’d like to see us try things
I don't think Kris and Timoko were the problem today, although both could've defended better.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

It's now become sideshow, a circus of the damned, wheeling out this green plague year in year out, selling it as if its 1987 to 96, still cashing in, still getting paid.

Last edited by Off on August 6, 2022, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This place is woke.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Botman wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:24 pm
rayden83 wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:22 pm
PerthRaider86 wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:17 pm 41 tackles inside the opponent twenty

Scores one try
We didnt even look like scoring. Starlings distribution is awful, as soon as he gets his hands on the balls our cohesion and line speed go out the window. He simply lacks the fundamentals of a first grade hooker.
Make no mistakes ladies and gentleman, that is THE story of this game... the Panthers were well off their game in attack, and fair enough given the outs... but we simply werent remotely good enough to break down their defence in attack. Not even close to being good enough
Starling is not fit enough... THIS is the part of the season for him to be fully fit and running, he didn't even get back onside until the 3rd or 4th tackle a few times tonight... absolute joke. And I'm building a cannon for Ricky...
Atrocious
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Neeeegz wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:47 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: August 6, 2022, 6:29 pm The 6/7/1 just way, way off the pace

Jack is too hot and cold, he is not a game manager, the sooner Ricky gets that through his thick head and buys a decent 5/8 the better.
Jack is a natural centre, he cramps the left side attack and I'm bloody sick of saying it.
As i always say, find me two better halves than Jack and we can have a chat about what position he moves too. Until then... its moot. He's the best half we have right now. And it's not close.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Our problems…who cares anymore..
We’ve just signed up for more of them under Ricky…
Buckle in and get comfortable.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Azza wrote:My god we suck.

Shut up.

This place is woke.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

We need to buy Drinkwater who would add to our attack. Fog is also not the answer. I'd look at Jock Maddern to compete with him for a FG spot.

I just pray we don't waste the Hodgson money. But it wouldn't surprise me we use it on upgrades - upgrades for what? On what basis ?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

GreenMachine wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:56 pm Our problems…who cares anymore..
Fair call.
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

-PJ- wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:33 pm
rayden83 wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:31 pm
radicalraider wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:20 pm Our spine is woeful.. can't crack quality teams line
Our roster simply isnt good enough. Can we honestly say Timoko, Kris, Savage, Fogarty, Starling etc are long term first graders? Sure they shine against the garbage teams like Titans but they get found out by the quality teams. Then throw a potatoe like Whitehead into the mix, who hasnt had a good game in three years, and you can see why we struggle against elite sides.

But we will beat Dragons next week and Raiders MGMT will be convinced all is well and our season is back on track. :roll:
Leave Timoko out of this.

Im not convinced by him, nor Savage for that matter. Timoko runs hard but has absolutely zero skills. Cant pass, kick, dummy, grubber, just bashes into the line, gets tackled and plays the ball. A centre at the very least should be able to attempt to utilise speed and footwork to get outside his man and create space for his winger. Not Timoko, he plays and is built like mini sized prop who can only move in one direction. 7 tries in 30 games is a poor return for an outside back. Persevere with him for sure, but not convinced he’s the future (or current).

Savage is rocks and diamonds, but mostly rocks. He has occasional flashes, but then again so does Starling. He isnt hard running or strong enough to break tackles, so even though he’s got speed to burn we will rarely see him in open space to use it.

He also does of boneheaded things which is frustrating, and gets pushed back 10m on every tackle. Why hasnt anyone taught him to lower his centre of gravity like the intelligent fullbacks do, so we dont start every attacking set on the backfoot? He probably needs another 2-3 years development before he may or may not be ready for NRL. Again worth persevering with for his attacking qualities, but im sensing he may be our version of Matthew Dufty.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Billy Walker wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:43 pm
Yep extend him 3 years
That’s not what I’m saying at all.

And I think you know it.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:53 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:50 pm I recall Kris taking one good carry and Timoko little more. Brad Morkos was very good against Souths was very good today. If the 8 is all but gone I’d like to see us try things
I don't think Kris and Timoko were the problem today, although both could've defended better.
We are good at attributing blame to one or two but not appointing accountability where it should sit. We were done over in a lot of positions tonight and it doesn’t hurt for players to know there is consequences for underperformance. I’m a big fan of Timoko and Kris, but very happy to be a bigger fan of Morkos if he gives me reason to be.

I can’t imagine either centre has good numbers tonight, if we accept that it sends a message about what we are happy to accept.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

GreenMachine wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:56 pm Our problems…who cares anymore..
The problem is I do care. But things don't change on all fronts.

But the Raiders' board and management are deluded.

I think Ricky is deluded as well when he always talks about us being a top 4 side and throwing out the word "potentially."
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

rayden83 wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:57 pm
-PJ- wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:33 pm
radicalraider wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:20 pm Our spine is woeful.. can't crack quality teams line
Our roster simply isnt good enough. Can we honestly say Timoko, Kris, Savage, Fogarty, Starling etc are long term first graders? Sure they shine against the garbage teams like Titans but they get found out by the quality teams. Then throw a potatoe like Whitehead into the mix, who hasnt had a good game in three years, and you can see why we struggle against elite sides.

But we will beat Dragons next week and Raiders MGMT will be convinced all is well and our season is back on track. :roll:
Leave Timoko out of this.

Im not convinced by him, nor Savage for that matter. Timoko runs hard but has absolutely zero skills. Cant pass, kick, dummy, grubber, just bashes into the line, gets tackled and plays the ball. A centre at the very least should be able to attempt to utilise speed and footwork to get outside his man and create space for his winger. Not Timoko, he plays and is built like mini sized prop who can only move in one direction. 7 tries in 30 games is a poor return for an outside back. Persevere with him for sure, but not convinced he’s the future (or current).

Savage is rocks and diamonds, but mostly rocks. He has occasional flashes, but then again so does Starling. He isnt hard running or strong enough to break tackles, so even though he’s got speed to burn we will rarely see him in open space to use it.

He also does of boneheaded things which is frustrating, and gets pushed back 10m on every tackle. Why hasnt anyone taught him to lower his centre of gravity like the intelligent fullbacks do, so we dont start every attacking set on the backfoot? He probably needs another 2-3 years development before he may or may not be ready for NRL. Again worth persevering with for his attacking qualities, but im sensing he may be our version of Matthew Dufty.
Truth!
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

You see... this is the problem..
Titans scored 24 points against us, what are they ? Bottom 2 ?
If we were a serious contender then we should of put 40 on them and geld them to nil.
Time to debut some young blokes, or give more time to guys like Schiller, Mooney, Rushton, Schneider etc, because it's now been proven
Beyond doubt
With no question whatsoever
THAT THIS TEAM IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN A PREMIERSHIP ANYTIME SOON
like, even in my lifetime...
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

-PJ- wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:57 pm
Yep extend him 3 years

And I think you know it.
You’re saying he isn’t our problem. Let me ask- Do you think he is our answer?
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Billy Walker wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:59 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:53 pm
We are good at attributing blame to one or two but not appointing accountability where it should sit. We were done over in a lot of positions tonight and it doesn’t hurt for players to know there is consequences for underperformance. I’m a big fan of Timoko and Kris, but very happy to be a bigger fan of Morkos if he gives me reason to be.

I can’t imagine either centre has good numbers tonight, if we accept that it sends a message about what we are happy to accept.
This was a game, with the conditions, won by the spine. Penrith's spine were terrific tonight - Edwards was MOTM, all bar O'Sullivan scored a try, and O Sullivan was the second best player on the field.

Our spine was not even close. We have issues in all positions in the spine.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Billy Walker wrote: August 6, 2022, 8:02 pm
-PJ- wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:57 pm
Yep extend him 3 years

And I think you know it.
You’re saying he isn’t our problem. Let me ask- Do you think he is our answer?
Today he was.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Question wrote:
Azza wrote:My god we suck.

Shut up.

Yes lover boy

Chicka Chicka Chicka
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

Some things are probably best left unsaid Stick…
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Botman wrote: August 6, 2022, 7:55 pm

As i always say, find me two better halves than Jack and we can have a chat about what position he moves too. Until then... its moot. He's the best half we have right now. And it's not close.
Munster and Schneider.
Piss fog off too
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Neeeegz wrote: August 6, 2022, 8:02 pm

You see... this is the problem..
Titans scored 24 points against us, what are they ? Bottom 2 ?
If we were a serious contender then we should of put 40 on them and geld them to nil.
Time to debut some young blokes, or give more time to guys like Schiller, Mooney, Rushton, Schneider etc, because it's now been proven
Beyond doubt
With no question whatsoever
THAT THIS TEAM IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN A PREMIERSHIP ANYTIME SOON
like, even in my lifetime...
Correct. And people will be quick to say - but Schneider knocked on and Schiller fumbled and maybe they aren’t the answer and perhaps Mooney and Rushton are duds as well but for Gods sake try something different! Test new players, cut them and try again. Whitehead, Rapa, Cotric, Starling, Croker, CNK are not and will never be premiership players. Question mark on many others. Success comes quick if you search for it.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Weird how one team had really good defensive structures and looked sharp in attack even without 2 first choice halves and the other team looked porous in defence and out of kilter in attack?

Almost like one team was organised, knew their roles, had confidence in each other and the system and the other team thought just a good old fashioned ambush is on the cards? Like one team is well coached and one isn't?

But like I said 2 weeks ago, Board and Senior Offical seem to think 10th is great. Let's make the finals 33% of the time and keep owning 10th, extensions all round!