T_R
Don Furner

Re: 2022 Rd 21 V Panthers: Game Day

Post by T_R »

Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 8:08 pm
T_R wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 7:58 pm
T_R wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 7:31 pm Considering the bullying that goes on in schools, and the social and emotional impact that bullying puts on a child that can affect them for the rest of their life i find this comment particularly disgusting

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
As such an admirably strong advocate against bullying, what punishment would you impose on a 50 year old former national coach and, apparently, icon of the game, who used the pulpit of a televised press conference to humiliate a 20 something kid?
I've made my views on that pretty clear, can you read?

Yes, but I have to sound out the big words. Please stop bullying me.
Ah, can't address the points so now making light of bullying. Pretty pathetic, even from you.

Even from me :lol:

Fight the good fight, champ. Maybe Ricky will autograph your footy cards or something.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

I have no problem with Ricky having issues with Salmon. Family first, it would take a lot to overturn an attitude after a serious altercation as this sounds like it is.

What I have a massive issue with is the way and forum he used to express that issue. He is representing his team, players, sponsors the game and community, and tuned it into a personal attack. While he says Salmons kick isn’t on, neither is his behaviour.

Kudos for his semi apology today, forced or not. But that doesn’t change what he has done. If Cotric came out today and apologised for his swinging arm, what sort of effect do you think that would have had on his suspension? None. He can be as remorseful as he likes, but he still crossed a line as a leader, coach and figurehead of our club.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Raider Azz wrote:
gergreg wrote:In the past 24 hours I didn't think it possible that anybody would step in and defend Ricky's comments? Surely even the most die-hard Ricky supporter would accept that he shouldn't have said what he said, hang their head in shame and just keep quiet until this passes over in a few weeks. But no. Apparently not.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
You wanna point out the posts that are defending his comments? Because there are literally none

Your very own post is attempting to justify his comments purely based on none of us knowing the history between the families.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 8:00 pm
T_R wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 7:27 pm
T_R wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 6:46 pm At the end of the day he’s allowed to think Jaeman’s a **** as much as he wants. And we don’t know the full history between Jaeman and Ricky’s son, just from what we've read and heard in the rumor mill so far. So passing judgements on whether Ricky's allowed to still hold a grudge or not is irrelevant and honestly none of your **** business. You aren't involved in their history and you don't know the full story.
This is hilarious. No matter what the circumstances, what kind of emotionally crippled 50 year old could possibly hold a decade long grudge against a little kid???
The point I'm making is it's not really your place to make that kind of judgement either way as you don't have a **** clue why Ricky feels the way he does. And honestly you being quick to judge the situation without having the full story nor having a personal involvement in the situation says more about you than it does about him

And some would say that carrying on like an absurd fanboy and scrambling around trying to find reasons to forgive the behaviour of the team coach would say more about you than it does me. I mean, I wouldn't say that - live and let live, that's me, but some would.
Please point out where i excused or forgave the comments made. Unlike posters in here who have an axe to grind and an agenda to push regarding the coach, i am refraining from judgement as i don't know why stuart feels the way he feels. I already pointed out him making those comments in a public press conference was unprofessional and inappropriate. But sure, continue to put words in my mouth.

Stop making excuses for him! It doesn’t matter why he feels the way he feels.

What matters is that those feels should be nowhere near the light of day in his role as an NRL head coach giving a presser.

There is no justification for the way he behaved last night. None. You can’t even call it heat of the moment. No one has ambushed him and stuck a microphone in his face, forcing a reaction. He has walked into that press conference 45 mins after the “incident” and knowingly used the platform of a high profile coaching gig of the club he proclaims to love to publicly belittle an opposition player, without context or affording that player a right of reply to the petulant character assassination that just been unloaded on him.

It’s one of the most unprofessional things I’ve ever seen in any arena. And if the club has the wool pulled over it’s eyes once again by this egomaniac - then frankly they don’t deserve the support of good decent people, who wouldn’t tolerate this type of behaviour from their 6 year-old - let alone the $1M per-year Head Coach of their football club
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Coastalraider wrote:I have no problem with Ricky having issues with Salmon. Family first, it would take a lot to overturn an attitude after a serious altercation as this sounds like it is.

What I have a massive issue with is the way and forum he used to express that issue. He is representing his team, players, sponsors the game and community, and tuned it into a personal attack. While he says Salmons kick isn’t on, neither is his behaviour.

Kudos for his semi apology today, forced or not. But that doesn’t change what he has done. If Cotric came out today and apologised for his swinging arm, what sort of effect do you think that would have had on his suspension? None. He can be as remorseful as he likes, but he still crossed a line as a leader, coach and figurehead of our club.
Nailed it. Glad to see another sensible take.

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

T_R wrote:
T_R wrote:
T_R wrote: As such an admirably strong advocate against bullying, what punishment would you impose on a 50 year old former national coach and, apparently, icon of the game, who used the pulpit of a televised press conference to humiliate a 20 something kid?

Ah, can't address the points so now making light of bullying. Pretty pathetic, even from you.

Even from me Image

Fight the good fight, champ. Maybe Ricky will autograph your footy cards or something.
Already got plenty of signed Ricky merch from my 30+ years as a fan so no need.

I look forwarding to never engaging with you again.

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

gergreg wrote:
Raider Azz wrote:
gergreg wrote:In the past 24 hours I didn't think it possible that anybody would step in and defend Ricky's comments? Surely even the most die-hard Ricky supporter would accept that he shouldn't have said what he said, hang their head in shame and just keep quiet until this passes over in a few weeks. But no. Apparently not.

You wanna point out the posts that are defending his comments? Because there are literally none

Your very own post is attempting to justify his comments purely based on none of us knowing the history between the families.

You should read over it a few more times in that case then because refraining from judgement does not equal defending.
You should also go back and read where i support any punishment he is given for those comments.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 8:22 pm
T_R wrote:
T_R wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 7:58 pm I've made my views on that pretty clear, can you read?

Even from me Image

Already got plenty of signed Ricky merch from my 30+ years as a fan so no need.

I look forwarding to never engaging with you again.

And yet, here you still are, post after pointless post.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

T_R wrote:
T_R wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: August 7, 2022, 7:31 pm Considering the bullying that goes on in schools, and the social and emotional impact that bullying puts on a child that can affect them for the rest of their life i find this comment particularly disgusting

As such an admirably strong advocate against bullying, what punishment would you impose on a 50 year old former national coach and, apparently, icon of the game, who used the pulpit of a televised press conference to humiliate a 20 something kid?

Your take on this is a shocker Raider Azz. I think it’s unlikely you’ll see sense on the issue but I’d encourage you to have a good think about it and really consider if you’re reading it right. If the answer you come back with is yes I’d encourage you to think deeper.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Yeah I'm sure you've never said something when you were upset that you later regretted. "Unhinged" lmao calm the **** down.

The reactions from some about this are over the top and ridiculous. But like i said, it's probably no coincidence those are the same that have wanted him sacked for a while.

The unprofessionalism of making comments like that in a press conference was the issue to me and he's apologised for that already. He might also end up with a fine or punishment from the NRL over the unprofessionalism, and if he does fair enough and I'm sure he'll accept it.

At the end of the day he’s allowed to think Jaeman’s a **** as much as he wants. And we don’t know the full history between Jaeman and Ricky’s son, just from what we've read and heard in the rumor mill so far. So passing judgements on whether Ricky's allowed to still hold a grudge or not is irrelevant and honestly none of your **** business. You aren't involved in their history and you don't know the full story.

This is the post where you are excusing his behaviour. His apology wasn't an apology at all. He apologised for making himself look like the **** but did not apologise to Salmon for making the comments. Which is 100% where the apology needed to focus on.

Have you ever seen anything even close to this in any sport?

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Billy Walker wrote:
T_R wrote:
T_R wrote: As such an admirably strong advocate against bullying, what punishment would you impose on a 50 year old former national coach and, apparently, icon of the game, who used the pulpit of a televised press conference to humiliate a 20 something kid?

Your take on this is a shocker Raider Azz. I think it’s unlikely you’ll see sense on the issue but I’d encourage you to have a good think about it and really consider if you’re reading it right. If the answer you come back with is yes I’d encourage you to think deeper.
You seem to be confusing my position with something different. I'm not really sure how many times i have to say this, but I'll say it again for your benefit as clearly as i can. I do not support the comments Ricky made in the press conference nor do i wish to defend them.

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

gergreg wrote:
This is the post where you are excusing his behaviour. His apology wasn't an apology at all. He apologised for making himself look like the **** but did not apologise to Salmon for making the comments. Which is 100% where the apology needed to focus on.

Have you ever seen anything even close to this in any sport?

My point is this. There is a reason he didn't apologise for those comments, and nobody other than ricky and his family know why that is. That doesn't mean I'm defending what he said, all i am saying is we don't know the full story and it isn't our place to judge how he feels.

We can judge him for his unprofessionalism and the forum he used to express those views, and I do judge him for that.

As for if I've ever seen anything close to this? Yes, there's been way worse things happen in this game. John Hopoate for one. There's also been things a billion times worse said on the football field every week, they obviously are said away from microphones and asking journalists.

Last edited by Raider Azz on August 7, 2022, 8:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Fair enough. The history between them is irrelevant. We're talking about a grown man holding a grudge against a 12 y/o child for a decade. And the figure-head of our club using his position of power over a ... now 20 something y/o ... to dredge up some 'childhood/school yard' incident... you can't bring that crap up and then insist on there being no further comment about it... it's weak and pathetic and completely unacceptable in any profession.

I ask again. Have you ever seen anything like this before?

Do we really want to be associated with this sort of thing?

radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

3 yrs later and we havnt found better replacements for bj, sezer and Bateman..
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

We didn't lose the gf cos of 6 again call.. even with cronk In the bin we couldn't capitalise.. our attack as a team has always lacked.. we only win big games when an individual carries us ( papalii 2019)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL debates Ricky Stuart 'mistake', Penrith Panthers rally around Jaeman Salmon

The rugby league community have reacted with shock at Ricky Stuart's "weak-gutted dog" outburst about Penrith's Jaeman Salmon, as the debate begins over whether the Raiders coach should be suspended.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

AUDIO: Mark Geyer has called on the NRL to sanction Ricky Stuart after his press conference comments: https://www.triplem.com.au/story/mg-sla ... nts-203990

AUDIO: Andrew Voss: I believe Ricky Stuart should be suspended by the Raiders for the rest of the year: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=1029697

Voss calls on Raiders to take a stand and suspend Stuart for the rest of the year: https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/07/ ... of-season/

AUDIO: NRL CEO Andrew Abdo says he's "disappointed" with Ricky Stuart comments: https://www.triplem.com.au/story/abdo-r ... art-203984

AUDIO: James Graham: You can't just rub him out for the remainder of the season: https://www.triplem.com.au/story/stuart ... ted-203978

Ricky Stuart facing unprecedented ban with NRL boss ‘so angry’ over ‘weak-gutted dog’ sledge: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 2e69e27dbf

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 463df65442
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

The NRL must be pretty relieved this has taken the spotlight off the key issues they should be dealing with regarding the Match Review Committee process and the judiciary.

No doubt the NRL will deliver a "strong message".

Good times.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Sleek the Elite
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jackie Boi

Post by Sleek the Elite »

When one of our players was publicly called out for a "dog-shot" by a high profile Sydney player (State of Origin captain, no less), why didn't the NRL launch an investigation then?

Do they only investigate when a player's mummy or daddy publicly call for it?

Also will the Penrith player and his parents be publicly apologizing to the Canberra player who was kicked in the head and balls?
Forum members with gravitas: greeneyed, Seiffert82, dubby.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Sleek the Elite wrote: August 8, 2022, 8:55 am When one of our players was publicly called out for a "dog-shot" by a high profile Sydney player (State of Origin captain, no less), why didn't the NRL launch an investigation then?

Also will the Penrith player and his parents be publicly apologizing to the Canberra player who was kicked in the head and balls?
Follow the bouncing ball Sleek and circle the differences here:

A. That thing you did was terrible.

B. You were terrible as a child and nothing has changed now, you are a terrible person.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Sleek the Elite wrote: August 8, 2022, 8:55 am When one of our players was publicly called out for a "dog-shot" by a high profile Sydney player (State of Origin captain, no less), why didn't the NRL launch an investigation then?

I'm assuming the dog shot comment was Gallen relating to Papalii early in Papa's career? I don't think commenting on an isolated act on the field is comparable to commenting on an individuals character as a person. Others may disagree with me though.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

What a shambles of a game that was. Almost as big a train wreck as the presser.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

zim wrote: August 8, 2022, 10:09 am What a shambles of a game that was. Almost as big a train wreck as the presser.
A well drilled team with coherent systems played a club without such qualities.

One of those clubs can lose spine players and operate reasonably effectively. One cannot.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

The shambles was more involved than just our "systems are different". Injuries and suspensions to come out of it. Activated the 18th man. "The pack" is now 2-3 wins clear of us. We'll be dogged by the stuff after the game all week and into next year when we next play the panthers.
Need to give more credit for just how terrible that game was for us.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

BadnMean wrote: August 8, 2022, 10:19 am
zim wrote: August 8, 2022, 10:09 am What a shambles of a game that was. Almost as big a train wreck as the presser.
A well drilled team with coherent systems played a club without such qualities.

One of those clubs can lose spine players and operate reasonably effectively. One cannot.
That is such a great summary of a Ricky Stuart coached outfit versus a well coached one.

It's mind boggling to me how bad a coach he is for someone who was such a brilliant player and football mind.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Just on Salmon.

A player against us has yet again shown what we dearly miss in the top squad. That's a genuine utility. Salmon was OK. Not super or anything. But considering he's plugged a hole on their bench all year covering the forwards and an injury in the backs it is such a valuable player to have.

It's a boring old drum that I keep on a bangin buts it's been burnt into my brain since Takairangi came on from the bench to fill in at 6 against us a couple years ago and killed it.

I don't like how rigid our 2 hookers are and the lack of fluid options we dish up from the bench.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

julian87 wrote:Just on Salmon.

A player against us has yet again shown what we dearly miss in the top squad. That's a genuine utility. Salmon was OK. Not super or anything. But considering he's plugged a hole on their bench all year covering the forwards and an injury in the backs it is such a valuable player to have.

It's a boring old drum that I keep on a bangin buts it's been burnt into my brain since Takairangi came on from the bench to fill in at 6 against us a couple years ago and killed it.

I don't like how rigid our 2 hookers are and the lack of fluid options we dish up from the bench.
It’s a good point.

I also think it’s where it’s easier to try and buy a player, not develop one from scratch. You need to be on the lookout for that guy who can’t crack a permanent NRL role in one position for his club.

Schneider may turn into a useful person to fill this role, but I was certainly less than impressed with his NSW cup performance on Saturday.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

BJ wrote: August 8, 2022, 11:35 am
julian87 wrote:Just on Salmon.

It’s a good point.

I also think it’s where it’s easier to try and buy a player, not develop one from scratch. You need to be on the lookout for that guy who can’t crack a permanent NRL role in one position for his club.

Schneider may turn into a useful person to fill this role, but I was certainly less than impressed with his NSW cup performance on Saturday.
Well I can't believe Connor Watson was allowed to waltz back to Bondi for a lesser contract at the end of last season. Absolutely bizarre.

And no one jumping on a cut price Peachey currently is also as bizarre imo.

I might be missing something on Keighran considering how far down Easts pecking order he is. Buy he could also play that role imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Pages of junk about IBS and dogs…
Nothing in the media about our woeful display with the season on the line…
Job done Ricky….
I wish / beg there was this much attention around how miserable we look as a football team.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

There's one group that nobody has mentioned as far as having a massive input on what the Raiders do with Ricky – the sponsors.

If they decide to pull their sponsorship dollars if Ricky is retained or they feel the punishment isn't satisfactory, then Don Junior will have no option but to show him the door.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Your clutching if you think Ricky gets the sack over this…
Literally a dog and pony show to distract us all from the real issues as a football club…
But please carry on..
Nikksixx6
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by Nikksixx6 »

Firstly congrats ricky haters you all have a new bullet for your chamber 🙄
My question to everyone is how many of you are parents? If your kid got coward punched would you all be sunshine and roses to the person who did that to your kid?
Didn’t think so…

He probably shouldn’t have said it in the presser, but he didn’t just decide to start talking about it, a journalist specifically asked him about the incident.

Every week journalists try to get coaches to say something stupid, maybe we should limit who can ask stupid questions?
And does ricky having said that have an impact on the practically 0 consequences for the Penrith prick? Or is that just the nrl looking out for Penrith like always?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Nikksixx6 wrote: August 8, 2022, 12:33 pm Firstly congrats ricky haters you all have a new bullet for your chamber 🙄
My question to everyone is how many of you are parents? If your kid got coward punched would you all be sunshine and roses to the person who did that to your kid?
Didn’t think so…

He probably shouldn’t have said it in the presser, but he didn’t just decide to start talking about it, a journalist specifically asked him about the incident.

Every week journalists try to get coaches to say something stupid, maybe we should limit who can ask stupid questions?
And does ricky having said that have an impact on the practically 0 consequences for the Penrith prick? Or is that just the nrl looking out for Penrith like always?
OK, I’ll bite. Yes, I’m a parent.

Both my kids are very keen rugby players, and have played through from the under 6s all the way through to various levels of senior rep. We live in a part of the world which is pretty much as white Anglo as Australia gets. Just for context.

I’ve written about this here before. A couple of times, around the 10s and 11s, both of my kids have received some fairly horrendous racist abuse on the field. These days, I imagine it would be sorted out fairly promptly with a little judicious stomping in the next ruck. As 11 year olds, they lack the social skills to know how to cope. It can be incredibly difficult for them to cope with and, as a Dad, wounds me pretty deeply.

But here’s the thing. Rather than ‘confronting the player’ and then ‘having to be physically separated’ from the parent, as per our Coach Ricky, each time I waited until after the game and the various team songs and man of the match presentations etc until the parents and player in question were alone and walking back to the car. I stopped them then and politely discussed the issue. In each and every case (some taking a little longer than others, to be fair), it ended in handshakes and apologies and the situation resolved.

What I DIDN’T do was get into a punch up with the father, nurse a grudge for a decade then spray the offending now adult in the media.

This is because I am a normal, appropriately functioning member of society.

Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Nikksixx6 wrote: August 8, 2022, 12:33 pm Firstly congrats ricky haters you all have a new bullet for your chamber 🙄
Didn’t think so…

I am a parent of 2 kids that play sport and I don't support the way Ricky has held a grudge over a kids game! That's unhealthy. My boy got roughed up yesterday, you deal with it as maturely as possible and I made my boy shake hands after the game with the culprit despite his vehement objection.

I read your post twice trying to check I hadn't misread....so it is the questions in the press conference that are the issue here? Please tell me I've somehow had a comprehension moment and I've missed the point.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

T_R wrote: August 8, 2022, 12:57 pm
Didn’t think so…

Both my kids are very keen rugby players, and have played through from the under 6s all the way through to various levels of senior rep. We live in a part of the world which is pretty much as white Anglo as Australia gets. Just for context.

I’ve written about this here before. A couple of times, around the 10s and 11s, both of my kids have received some fairly horrendous racist abuse on the field. These days, I imagine it would be sorted out fairly promptly with a little judicious stomping in the next ruck. As 11 year olds, they lack the social skills to know how to cope. It can be incredibly difficult for them to cope with and, as a Dad, wounds me pretty deeply.

But here’s the thing. Rather than ‘confronting the player’ and then ‘having to be physically separated’ from the parent, as per our Coach Ricky, each time I waited until after the game and the various team songs and man of the match presentations etc until the parents and player in question were alone and walking back to the car. I stopped them then and politely discussed the issue. In each and every case (some taking a little longer than others, to be fair), it ended in handshakes and apologies and the situation resolved.

What I DIDN’T do was get into a punch up with the father, nurse a grudge for a decade then spray the offending now adult in the media.

Above average functioning in this story. Good for you. Ironic though that your assassination of Ricky's character, flowery story and all, is ethically the same as his assassination of Salmon's. Just a smaller platform - and truth be told probably less informed.

Your story above might also be largely irrelevant. Ricky's kids went to school with Salmon. This is unlikely to be just about one incident at one game - that will just be the flare up that has received coverage. But then I am speculating too, just as you are.

None of this defends Ricky for being unprofessional at the press conference. He shouldn't have said anything about private issues in his workplace. He needs to be reprimanded (and perhaps supported professionally) for that.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Boomercm wrote: August 8, 2022, 2:03 pm
T_R wrote: August 8, 2022, 12:57 pm
Didn’t think so…

Above average functioning in this story. Good for you. Ironic though that your assassination of Ricky's character, flowery story and all, is ethically the same as his assassination of Salmon's. Just a smaller platform - and truth be told probably less informed.

Your story above might also be largely irrelevant. Ricky's kids went to school with Salmon. This is unlikely to be just about one incident at one game - that will just be the flare up that has received coverage. But then I am speculating too, just as you are.

None of this defends Ricky for being unprofessional at the press conference. He shouldn't have said anything about private issues in his workplace. He needs to be reprimanded (and perhaps supported professionally) for that.
Above average functioning??? No, just being an adult along with all the other adults. You see, adults don't get worked up over the actions of 11 year olds. They identify a problem and then make a decision to let it go and forget about it (which of course they do, most of the time) or if they feel particularly strongly, then fix it. They don't get into punch ups with the other parent, they don't nurse twisted grudges for a decade. Rather, they act like normally functioning members of society. Or most of them do, anyway.

I'm sorry that you feel that my story of my eleven year old children being abused at a football game that I told in response to someone's story about their eleven year old child being abused at a football game is irrelevant. I will try to do better in future.