27%

Total votes: 11

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2022 Rd 22 V Dragons: Teams and Previews

Post by Billy Walker »

gangrenous wrote: August 8, 2022, 6:31 pm
Billy Walker wrote:GE - just out of curiosity, say Tarps is out with his ribs for a while, is there anything that could be gained or lost by fighting his charge if he were to miss games through injury regardless?
Future loading
As in you fight it and lose you carry a bigger future loading than if you just accepted the fine?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Brett White likely to take over coaching reins if Ricky Stuart is suspended by the NRL

If Ricky Stuart is suspended by the NRL over his post match press conference last Saturday night, Brett White is understood to be the leading candidate to take the reins. Andrew McFadden - who has NRL head coaching experience - will offer support.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

zim wrote: August 8, 2022, 2:52 pm
benda wrote: August 8, 2022, 1:10 pm I think we will beat St George.
I just hope we dont make the 8. Not with the way our attack is.

Im not suggesting Stuart needs to go... but we need different ideas in attack. We lack creativity big time.
Hoping your team loses is not going to end with better attack.
Id like to see continuous improvement.
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

greeneyed wrote: August 8, 2022, 10:10 pm Brett White likely to take over coaching reins if Ricky Stuart is suspended by the NRL

If Ricky Stuart is suspended by the NRL over his post match press conference last Saturday night, Brett White is understood to be the leading candidate to take the reins. Andrew McFadden - who has NRL head coaching experience - will offer support.

There you have it..... Our next head coach

Brett White!!!!
Perth Based Raiders Fan
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

ANU to measure Viking Clap 'footy quake' during Raiders/Dragons clash

Spectators might seem a little more excited than usual when the Canberra Raiders tackle the St George Illawarra Dragons at GIO Stadium next Sunday, 14 August.

The ANU Research School of Earth Sciences will be there as part of National Science Week, measuring the wider effects of the Raiders’ iconic pre-match celebration. Organiser Malcolm Sambridge says a seismometer will be placed underneath the stadium to measure the vibrations created by supporters clapping and stamping their feet during the Viking Clap. To make sure they give it their best shot, they’ll be warned.

Read more: https://the-riotact.com/anu-to-measure- ... ash/580654

The ANU is apparently putting a seismograph under Bruce Stadium to measure the impact of the Viking clap. Sure why not…. Personally i’d rather they measure the impact of Whitehead being dropped but that’s still a way off.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

2022 Rd 22 NRL teams: Raiders V Dragons

The Canberra Raiders have named their team for the round 22 match against the St George-Illawarra Dragons at GIO Stadium Canberra on Sunday afternoon.

Joe Tapine has been ruled out for the match after succumbing to a rib injury. Tapine will be replaced in the starting side by Emre Guler, with Corey Horsburgh returning to the bench after a successful return from illness last weekend through the Raiders NSW Cup match.

Xavier Savage returns to the team at fullback this weekend after recovering from an ankle injury, with Jordan Rapana shifting back to the wing.

Nick Cotric has taken the early guilty plea for his grade two careless high tackle charge, which means Albert Hopoate will retain his place in the team on the wing this weekend.

Ryan Sutton has been named in the team and will continue to undergo concussion protocols this week after failing his HIA against Penrith.

Canberra Raiders media

Canberra Raiders V St George Illawarra Dragons
Sunday 14 August, 2:00pm
Canberra Stadium
Gates open: 12:30pm
Tickets: Click here
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, Mix 106.3, 2CC

Canberra Raiders

1. Xavier Savage
2. Albert Hopoate
3. Matthew Timoko
4. Sebastian Kris
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Jack Wighton
7. Jamal Fogarty
8. Josh Papalii
9. Zac Woolford
10. Emre Guler
11. Hudson Young
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Adam Elliott

14. Tom Starling
15. Ryan Sutton
16. Corey Horsburgh
17. Corey Harawira-Naera

18. James Schiller
19. Ata Mariota
20. Matt Frawley
21. Peter Hola
22. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

Injury/Suspension

Nick Cotric, Suspended (Rd 23)
Joseph Tapine, Ribs (Rd 23-24)
Semi Valemei, Ribs (Indefinite)
Harry Rushton, Fractured jaw (Indefinite)
Jarrod Croker, Shoulder (Season)
Harley Smith-Shields, Knee (Season)
Josh Hodgson, Knee (Season)

St George Illawarra Dragons

1. Moses Mbye
2. Mathew Feagai
3. Jack Bird
4. Zac Lomax
5. Tautau Moga
6. Talatau Amone
7. Ben Hunt
8. Jack de Belin
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Blake Lawrie
11. Josh McGuire
12. Jaydn Su'A
13. Michael Molo

14. Tyrell Sloan
15. Aaron Woods
16. Tyrell Fuimaono
17. Billy Burns

18. Jayden Sullivan
19. Jackson Ford
20. Jaiyden Hunt
21. Cody Ramsey
22. Jack Gosiewski

Injury/Suspension

Josh Kerr, Hamstring (Indefinite)
Francis Molo, Ribs (Indefinite)
Mikaele Ravalawa, Hamstring (Finals)
Moses Suli, Ankle (Finals)
Tariq Sims, Suspended (Finals)

Officials

Referee: Adam Gee
Touch judges: Nick Beashel, Liam Kennedy
Video referee: Chris Butler

NRL Teams: Click here
NSW Cup teams: Click here
Jersey Flegg teams: Click here

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #NRLRaidersDragons
The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2022 #FromAllAngles

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
The Greenhouse score update service
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Stick to get around the coaching ban by naming himself in the 17.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Wish they handed down Ricky’s suspension prior to Team List Tuesday
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
UncleDrew
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Aidan Sezer

Post by UncleDrew »

One thing is for sure:

12. Whitehead (c)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: 2022 Rd 22 V Dragons: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by gerg »

Is Mooney playing NSW cup?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: August 9, 2022, 4:22 pm Is Mooney playing NSW cup?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Teams not named until 5:00pm this year.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

"Canberra Raiders winger Jordan Rapana: We thrive when our backs are against a wall."

NARRATOR: They, in fact, do NOT thrive when their backs are against the wall.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote:
Umm… when?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 9, 2022, 5:44 pm
Umm… when?
Second halves?
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Im not so sure we thrive when our backs are against the wall.

I’d say we thrive when all expectation on us disappears and the opposition let their guard down. That is usually when we go on little winning runs.

Then it usually comes to a halt when a decent team shows up against us after we have been sniffing our own farts in the media all week.
Up The Milk
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

We thrive?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders make changes for Dragons clash with Joe Tapine out injured

The Raiders have been forced to make some major team changes for their game against the Dragons.

"We'd like to be higher up on the ladder, but now each game is do or die for us," Raiders veteran Jordan Rapana said. "We need to make sure that we're winning our next four. It starts this week and we can't get ahead of ourselves. The Dragons are a quality team and they got us in a close match last time we played down there, so we are looking forward to it."

VIDEO: Rapana: We thrive when our backs are against a wall: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/08 ... st-a-wall/

Joe Tapine, Ricky Stuart out as Xavier Savage returns for Canberra Raiders clash with St George Illawarra Dragons

The Raiders will be without their head coach and best player for their must-win clash with the Dragons at Canberra Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Ricky Stuart will be unavailable to coach after copping a one match suspension and $25,000 fine for calling Panthers five-eighth Jaeman Salmon a “weak-gutted dog” following the Raiders’ 26-6 loss to Penrith last weekend. Canberra will also be missing star forward Joe Tapine who has been ruled out after suffering a rib injury against Penrith.

Read more: https://canberraweekly.com.au/tapine-st ... ons-clash/

Canberra Raiders skipper Elliott Whitehead says Canberra Raiders players have Ricky Stuart's back

Canberra will rally around coach Ricky Stuart and get on with keeping their NRL season alive, captain Elliott Whitehead says.

“We’ve got his back, he had his reasons,” Whitehead said. “I’m not going to go into them but we’re all supportive of Ricky and he knows he probably shouldn’t have said it on that platform. He’s upset he let his emotions get the better of him.”

Read more: https://canberraweekly.com.au/skipper-s ... ckys-back/

Former Canberra Raiders support staff member for 23 years - and bus driver - Bobby Griffin to sound the Viking Horn: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/08 ... v-dragons/

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

“We’ve got his back”
“He’s got his reasons”
“He PROBABLY shouldn’t have said it”

That’s disappointing stuff from Whitehead and poor from the club that he wasn’t better instructed on what is and isn’t appropriate to say.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Joshjacksonshead »

Let it go Billy stop breaking down every single word and sentence, that’s enough just let it go my friend.

Can everyone just stop running down club , coach and captain of our team , and be good to each other.

It’s tearing us apart as a group , posters are leaving , we are better than this , and bullying will not be tolerated, I’m starting to warm up here…..
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Billy Walker wrote:
Billy Walker wrote:GE - just out of curiosity, say Tarps is out with his ribs for a while, is there anything that could be gained or lost by fighting his charge if he were to miss games through injury regardless?
Future loading
As in you fight it and lose you carry a bigger future loading than if you just accepted the fine?
As in if you fight it and get clear you don’t get loading for future similar incidences.

I don’t think the severity of the charge plays a role in loading though. So if it’s only fighting to dispute severity, and you’re out injury over the full period of the longer option anyway, then probably no benefit.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

gangrenous wrote: August 9, 2022, 7:50 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
Future loading
As in if you fight it and get clear you don’t get loading for future similar incidences.

I don’t think the severity of the charge plays a role in loading though. So if it’s only fighting to dispute severity, and you’re out injury over the full period of the longer option anyway, then probably no benefit.
Cheers
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gangrenous wrote: August 9, 2022, 7:50 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
Future loading

The gradings go up according to whether it is the first, second or third (or more) guilty offence: https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/judiciary-code/

The term offence doesn’t distinguish between the specifics of the sanction, the fact the player was guilty is all that counts.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

If we learnt one thing from this saga.. we're stuck with Ricky as coach for as long as he wants to coach the Raiders.. He'll never get sacked no matter the results on the field or what he says !
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

I honestly think and hope Raiders gonna turn up for this game, Ricky return to a Happy raiders
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Would be slightly awkward if the raiders put on a game for the ages and trounced the dragons in a perfect attacking display without our number 1 player.
Raoul Duke
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Papalii

Post by Raoul Duke »

Joshjacksonshead wrote: August 9, 2022, 7:45 pm Let it go Billy stop breaking down every single word and sentence, that’s enough just let it go my friend.

Can everyone just stop running down club , coach and captain of our team , and be good to each other.

It’s tearing us apart as a group , posters are leaving , we are better than this , and bullying will not be tolerated, I’m starting to warm up here…..
I admire the sentiment but after that fiasco on the weekend I think you are going to have a hard time finding optimism around here...
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Joshjacksonshead wrote: August 9, 2022, 7:45 pm Let it go Billy stop breaking down every single word and sentence, that’s enough just let it go my friend.

I’d suggest you and I want the same thing - a footy club we can be proud of and celebrate together. A captain of the team we all admire and place to come and bask in the glory of how good we are. The only arguments we have will be around whether we think we will have 14 or 15 players selected for the Roos tour.

I want us to arrive there by having a good team, a performing captain and quality players. You seem to just want us to be delusional.

Think I’ll continue to agitate for success rather that kid myself thanks.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Joshjacksonshead wrote:Let it go Billy stop breaking down every single word and sentence, that’s enough just let it go my friend.

He's right you know. This sort of crap is as bad as a barnyard noise game in a full to the brim bomb shelter in a town that's about to be bombed

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How the Canberra Raiders will stop St George Illawarra Dragons halfback Ben Hunt

The Canberra Raiders are launching a Dragon hunt to exact revenge for a loss that still hurts.

"I think it's his kicking game. You saw what he did to us down in Wollongong - he kicked us to death," Whitehead said. "We'll probably put a bit more pressure on him so he doesn't have much time to kick us to death. We'll be looking at that to come into training on Friday and hopefully we can stop him."

PODCAST: Behind the Limelight: JJ Clarkson: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/08 ... clarkson2/
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Oh great. Another ambush.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

And that’s the end of that episode.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Imagine for a second, we have to train on Friday to learn to put pressure on a kicker.

Is this a light bulb moment, and this has happened without Sticky!
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

The pre game puff pieces are embarrassing.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: