Canberra Raiders extend Ricky Stuart's contract to end 2025

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Bigcheese
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: The Volcano

Re: Canberra Raiders extend Ricky Stuart's contract to end 2025

Post by Bigcheese »

LastRaider wrote: July 23, 2022, 4:16 pm It’s safe to say I’ll be switching off the raiders for the next 4 years and I will support my sons team for a while… I can no longer put up with this clubs ignorance and drive to continue to be a bottom 8 team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will you still post on the GH though?
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Bigcheese wrote: July 23, 2022, 4:55 pm
LastRaider wrote: July 23, 2022, 4:16 pm It’s safe to say I’ll be switching off the raiders for the next 4 years and I will support my sons team for a while… I can no longer put up with this clubs ignorance and drive to continue to be a bottom 8 team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will you still post on the GH though?
They keep showing up game after game
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Joshjacksonshead »

Again we win and again they complain , complain , complain! Ugh it makes me sometimes not want to stay friends, however I will stick about as someone has to lead this rabble , and as usual it’s me to the rescue.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Joshjacksonshead wrote: July 23, 2022, 6:59 pm Again we win and again they complain , complain , complain! Ugh it makes me sometimes not want to stay friends, however I will stick about as someone has to lead this rabble , and as usual it’s me to the rescue.
There is no space before a comma, and no space for Whitehead in the team. There will be space in the 8 if this winning form continues though!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Joshjacksonshead wrote:Again we win and again they complain , complain , complain! Ugh it makes me sometimes not want to stay friends, however I will stick about as someone has to lead this rabble , and as usual it’s me to the rescue.
While I don't speculate as to your secret identity, I will say here that we are going to seriously miss Elliot next year.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

T_R wrote:
Joshjacksonshead wrote:Again we win and again they complain , complain , complain! Ugh it makes me sometimes not want to stay friends, however I will stick about as someone has to lead this rabble , and as usual it’s me to the rescue.
While I don't speculate as to your secret identity, I will say here that we are going to seriously miss Elliot next year.

Millie has been mentoring him. Full credit to her!
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

T_R wrote: July 23, 2022, 8:15 pm

Well my moderating overlord I don’t recall you in the gang of mouths running him down , nice to see after the Olympic level backflippers all changed there minds like wishy washy teenage girls, respected posters such as you and I ( but more me ) actually know a thing or two it seems! Friends!
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Billy Walker wrote: July 23, 2022, 7:12 pm
Joshjacksonshead wrote: July 23, 2022, 6:59 pm Again we win and again they complain , complain , complain! Ugh it makes me sometimes not want to stay friends, however I will stick about as someone has to lead this rabble , and as usual it’s me to the rescue.
There is no space before a comma, and no space for Whitehead in the team. There will be space in the 8 if this winning form continues though!
Billy :woot: its been like forever! Now let me tell you little fella , that when it comes to higher education and reading and writing and what not , let’s just say I missed the recruiting day because I was at the pub! Priorities Billy , priorities!
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

gergreg wrote: July 23, 2022, 8:20 pm
T_R wrote:

Millie has been mentoring him. Full credit to her!
Hey don’t talk about my wife like th oooh ah ooh er actually I meant stop bullying Ricky youse derricks !
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

There's an interesting long form article on the Warriors on NZ Herald, premium-only unfortunately. It runs over the failings of the Warriors since being inducted in 1995. Crazy to think the vantage points of two clubs with similar records can be so different. We've probably won a few percent more games than them since 95, but top 4 appearances would be close and they've made 2 GFs. I get the feeling if an article was written on the Raiders fortunes over that same almost 3-decades our administrators would all still be patting themselves on the backs after the 2019 GF run. Certainly crazy to think DF Jr has overseen such a miserable on field period without a hint of external pressure on his position, and coaches have largely gone unchallenged.