Total votes: 11

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Re: 2022 Rd 22 V Dragons: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Neeeegz »

Our players sound dumb.
And they act dumb on the field.
And our coach says dumb things and does dumb things.
And the board... well, I don't actually know what the board does, but #$%and them too !!!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote:The pre game puff pieces are embarrassing.
To be fair, they are for every club.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

T_R wrote: August 10, 2022, 8:26 pm

Fair dink ?

Wow.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote:

Fair dink ?

Wow.
I thought Raiders media were getting an undeserved serve. My bad, carry on.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

T_R wrote: August 10, 2022, 8:32 pm
-PJ- wrote:

Fair dink ?

Wow.
I thought Raiders media were getting an undeserved serve. My bad, carry on.

Less talk, more do.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Joshjacksonshead »

Billy Walker wrote: August 10, 2022, 12:33 pm
Joshjacksonshead wrote: August 9, 2022, 7:45 pm Let it go Billy stop breaking down every single word and sentence, that’s enough just let it go my friend.

Can everyone just stop running down club , coach and captain of our team , and be good to each other.

It’s tearing us apart as a group , posters are leaving , we are better than this , and bullying will not be tolerated, I’m starting to warm up here…..
I’d suggest you and I want the same thing - a footy club we can be proud of and celebrate together. A captain of the team we all admire and place to come and bask in the glory of how good we are. The only arguments we have will be around whether we think we will have 14 or 15 players selected for the Roos tour.

I want us to arrive there by having a good team, a performing captain and quality players. You seem to just want us to be delusional.

Think I’ll continue to agitate for success rather that kid myself thanks.
You , my friend will do as you are told , and for now your instructions are lay of captain , coach and club to further notice. Enough now , it’s like you enjoy seeing Ricky under the sort of pressure that would consume a lesser man , like you . Steady on.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Each day I feel a little more inclined to believe JJH is Billy’s alt.
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Raoul Duke wrote: August 10, 2022, 12:01 pm
Joshjacksonshead wrote: August 9, 2022, 7:45 pm Let it go Billy stop breaking down every single word and sentence, that’s enough just let it go my friend.

Can everyone just stop running down club , coach and captain of our team , and be good to each other.

It’s tearing us apart as a group , posters are leaving , we are better than this , and bullying will not be tolerated, I’m starting to warm up here…..
I admire the sentiment but after that fiasco on the weekend I think you are going to have a hard time finding optimism around here...
Hello Raoul how’s it hanging yes I agree it was a abomination of a game but at least God KingRicky gave it to that Jasmin? Jackson ? Jahnell? Gaylord ? Yeah that Panthers reserve Gronk :roflmao
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

gangrenous wrote: August 10, 2022, 8:41 pm Each day I feel a little more inclined to believe JJH is Billy’s alt.
Bro they call me Adam and Adams mum and Adams missus , and then you call me Billy’s sock puppet?

To far bro, I thought we were tight , guess not Gangers :thumbsdown
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Azza wrote: August 10, 2022, 4:55 pm
Joshjacksonshead wrote:Let it go Billy stop breaking down every single word and sentence, that’s enough just let it go my friend.

He's right you know. This sort of crap is as bad as a barnyard noise game in a full to the brim bomb shelter in a town that's about to be bombed

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Hey I know you you’ve been here forever like me, how good is it we are seeing certain old posters coming back for this debacle, woods , schift, all we need is Jedski and Kendrick and we got a full set, it’s like the old days!
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Joshjacksonshead wrote: August 10, 2022, 9:01 pm
Joshjacksonshead wrote:Let it go Billy stop breaking down every single word and sentence, that’s enough just let it go my friend.

He's right you know. This sort of crap is as bad as a barnyard noise game in a full to the brim bomb shelter in a town that's about to be bombed

Hey I know you you’ve been here forever like me, how good is it we are seeing certain old posters coming back for this debacle, woods , schift, all we need is Jedski and Kendrick and we got a full set, it’s like the old days!
Thickos is that you?
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Finchy wrote:

Thickos is that you?
No way. Too many splinters in his ass to dare coming back

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You might be getting your alts mixed up.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

WGD's.....WGD's Everywhere!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders maintain it’s business as usual despite Ricky Stuart’s ban

The Canberra Raiders insist it's business as usual even as they deal with one of the most unprecedented weeks in NRL history with coach Ricky Stuart banned from communicating with the team.

"We've got three assistant coaches there that have been around for many years… you could never doubt any of them. Through the week the assistant coaches do most of the work anyway," Jack Wighton said.

Read more: https://canberraweekly.com.au/raiders-m ... uarts-ban/

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14274

How COVID-19 prepared the Canberra Raiders for Ricky Stuart's absence

Raiders assistant coach Andrew McFadden revealed the Green Machine had practiced what to do if one of the coaches was ruled out with COVID. It has prepared them to deal with the suspension of Ricky Stuart.

"We actually did a couple of dummy runs throughout the pre-season around what would happen if any of us went down and how we'd fill those roles. Brett White will be on the field, and myself and Mick Crawley will be up in the box."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

Canberra Raiders vow to lift for crucial St George Illawarra Dragons clash in Ricky Stuart's absence

The Canberra Raiders vow to play for their beleaguered coach Ricky Stuart, whose suspension means he's forced to watch their crucial clash against St George Illawarra from home.

"Ricky's our coach and we're always going to stand by him," Hudson Young said. "There's probably been a few discussions around us leaders trying to glue together ... and do it for him."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

VIDEO: Anthony Seibold and Renee Gartner preview the Round 22 match between the Canberra Raiders and St George Illawarra Dragons: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/08/11/rai ... -round-22/

MATCH REPORT: Raiders v Dragons: https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35263

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/08 ... v-dragons/
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

By the looks JJH has been on his A game in this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

‘Appointed myself captain-coach’: Raiders adjust to life without Stuart

You ask Jack Wighton how the Canberra Raiders are coping with Ricky Stuart’s one-week ban from coaching as they scrap for a place in the NRL’s top eight.

“I’ve appointed myself captain-coach, so I’ve got a win out of it,” the Raiders five-eighth joked.

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/appoin ... 5b93e.html

VIDEO: Andrew McFadden speaks about preparations for the clash with the Dragons: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/08 ... -round-22/

GALLERY: 2022 junior club visits: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/08 ... ub-visits/

Katrina Fanning Shield players send 'pick local' message to Raiders for NRLW squad, as Goulburn Bulldogs and Queanbeyan Blues prepare to battle it out at Canberra Stadium before Sunday's NRL game: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14237
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

So, who's keeping an eye on the interchanges this week?

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 11, 2022, 9:02 pm So, who's keeping an eye on the interchanges this week?

The story says the assistant coaches will decide on the interchange strategy collectively. Presume McFadden will make the calls in the box. McFadden will leave the post match presser to someone else.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: August 11, 2022, 9:13 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: August 11, 2022, 9:02 pm So, who's keeping an eye on the interchanges this week?

The story says the assistant coaches will decide on the interchange strategy collectively. Presume McFadden will make the calls in the box. McFadden will leave the post match presser to someone else.
What could possibly go wrong……
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

I'm liking the captain-coach quote from Jack. A bit of cheeky deflection suggests a good clear headspace. Hopefully that is true for the larger squad
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Boomercm wrote: August 12, 2022, 6:50 am I'm liking the captain-coach quote from Jack. A bit of cheeky deflection suggests a good clear headspace. Hopefully that is true for the larger squad
Pretty funny actually.

Realistically not having the coach around for 1 week, when he has his assistants there anyway to communicate and we're 3/4 way through the season shouldn't make much difference.

Missing the coach for a season or weeks on end- yeah not ideal. One week, barely a blip.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Bob Turnington pulling the strings behind the scenes Nickman?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Seiffert82 wrote:So, who's keeping an eye on the interchanges this week?

No coach means no interchanges.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

bonehead wrote: August 12, 2022, 9:13 am Bob Turnington pulling the strings behind the scenes Nickman?

My tip has been that Turno is all over absolutely everything this week.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Sid wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:So, who's keeping an eye on the interchanges this week?

No coach means no interchanges.

Perfect!

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

The Nickman wrote:
bonehead wrote: August 12, 2022, 9:13 am Bob Turnington pulling the strings behind the scenes Nickman?

My tip has been that Turno is all over absolutely everything this week.
In Bob Turnington we trust Image

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Old BT the saviour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

A classic old school Turnington ambush!
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

These days we have one these tries in 160 to 200 minutes... top sides can do 3 or 4 a match.

This is our biggest problem IMO.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Rivetting game.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

The Dragons have a lot of grubs, chief being the unlikeable Josh McGuire. They also have an alleged rapist in De Belin, who only got off as two juries could not reach an unanimous verdict. But the one to watch, as highlighted on Blake on the Pork, is Tyrell Fuimaono who is very grubby and unlikeable:
- high tackle on Papenhuyzen, keeping him out for a number of matches last year. The grub was banned for 5 matches
- hip drop tackle on his sister's boyfriend Haze Dunster, which ended Dunster’s season due to an ACL tear.
- hip drop tackle on Emre Guler, ending his 2020 season.

I hope Tyrell Fuimaono the Grub gets his just desserts in this match.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Roosters get a win here and I'd say that's our season done and dusted.
Chicka Chicka Chicka
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

Raider47 wrote: August 13, 2022, 3:08 pm Roosters get a win here and I'd say that's our season done and dusted.
I’m thinking the same here