All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Why Corey Parker is off Ricky Stuart’s Christmas card list

Post by Billy Walker »

President Clinton wrote: March 29, 2024, 10:22 am
Billy Walker wrote: March 29, 2024, 9:59 am Agree it’s a dumb article but is it a view that differs from what many have expressed on here when it comes to recruiting players? Also is it wrong that some people wouldn’t want to live in Canberra, others couldn’t cope with Nth Queensland, some hate Sydney and Melbourne might not be everyone’s cup of tea. If everyone wanted to live in Canberra it would become Western Sydney and im quite ok that it isn’t. In summary Corey Parker = dumb, his opinion on this = meh.
People on here are paid by the games broadcaster to call games though. And if a view is expressed on here, we aren’t going to have players decline interviews.

His comments have the potential to have one clubs fans base not want to listen to the games he calls.
Hence me saying he is dumb, but his opinion isn’t as offensive as some are suggesting. If Corey Parker decides to never visit Canberra again I won’t lose sleep.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Ruben Daley wrote:This may be controversial and I’m not saying it as a reaction to the article or Parker’s commentary but I always thought he was overrated as a player.

I know, I know, he has an incredible record, 340+ games, heaps for QLD and Australia, several individual awards, I know.

He was definitely a good player.

But he also played in the most stacked teams at every level and did a role that I feel lots of guys could’ve done if given the opportunity.

Probably going to have to concede this one because his resume is amazing but, to me, he was a durable all-rounder who could kick goals and didn’t have an obvious weakness and got a Bradbury run for his whole career.
Couldn't agree more. Road off the back of Darren Lockyer and a stacked Broncos side and a dominant Queensland (generational) team.

He is a miserable commentator. During games with a Queensland team, if they are getting beaten he doesn't actually say anything. If the Queensland team does well you can't shut him up. If no Queensland team is playing he will pick out a Queensland player and just talk about him or her the whole game. His player to watch - pre match - is always a Queensland player.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Finchy wrote:
President Clinton wrote: March 29, 2024, 10:22 am
Billy Walker wrote: March 29, 2024, 9:59 am Agree it’s a dumb article but is it a view that differs from what many have expressed on here when it comes to recruiting players? Also is it wrong that some people wouldn’t want to live in Canberra, others couldn’t cope with Nth Queensland, some hate Sydney and Melbourne might not be everyone’s cup of tea. If everyone wanted to live in Canberra it would become Western Sydney and im quite ok that it isn’t. In summary Corey Parker = dumb, his opinion on this = meh.
People on here are paid by the games broadcaster to call games though. And if a view is expressed on here, we aren’t going to have players decline interviews.

His comments have the potential to have one clubs fans base not want to listen to the games he calls.
Wait, you guys are getting paid?
Good one PC, now Finchy knows
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

gerg wrote: March 29, 2024, 10:40 am
Ruben Daley wrote:This may be controversial and I’m not saying it as a reaction to the article or Parker’s commentary but I always thought he was overrated as a player.

I know, I know, he has an incredible record, 340+ games, heaps for QLD and Australia, several individual awards, I know.

He was definitely a good player.

But he also played in the most stacked teams at every level and did a role that I feel lots of guys could’ve done if given the opportunity.

Probably going to have to concede this one because his resume is amazing but, to me, he was a durable all-rounder who could kick goals and didn’t have an obvious weakness and got a Bradbury run for his whole career.
Couldn't agree more. Road off the back of Darren Lockyer and a stacked Broncos side and a dominant Queensland (generational) team.

He is a miserable commentator. During games with a Queensland team, if they are getting beaten he doesn't actually say anything. If the Queensland team does well you can't shut him up. If no Queensland team is playing he will pick out a Queensland player and just talk about him or her the whole game. His player to watch - pre match - is always a Queensland player.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Exactly. I’d put Darius in the same category. He scored 17 tries for QLD and I reckon I could’ve got 15 of them.

Agree about Parker’s commentary. He also offers no insights. To be fair, very few ex-players do. They watch the game, they see the same basic stuff that most fans see and they say it. I’d love a few genuine football nerds to get guernseys on Nine and Fox.

Anyway, Corey Parker sucks.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Darrius Boyd played the majority of his games for QLD outside Greg Inglis which is all that needs to be said about that.

Back on topic, Corey Parker is a flog and the sky is blue.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

I don't remember Raiders ever offering parker a contract

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Parker can stay in QLD permanently.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Parker has become even more of a dribbler after the Broncos got their pants pulled down in the GF last year.

I suggest he wastes his time worrying about the Titans, who have been irrelevant for 15 years.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote: March 30, 2024, 5:10 am Parker can stay in QLD permanently.
I think his point is that is his preference.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Bennyboy2283
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Bennyboy2283 »

We still talking about this EDIT