20%

Total votes: 25

Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: 2024 Round 6 v Titans: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Crusader »

* Love the Team and Congrats to Chevy RKO Stewart
* 7/17 played majority of 23/24 NSW Cup, dont take it as a bad thing, the young blokes will Gel Quick, how good is it to have all divisions doing Well
* good to have the Hosk back
* Message needs to be clear and Im confindent it will be to not take this game lightly, Raiders should expect an ambush, even though Raiders have won Recent games at Canberra, Titans usually do turn up
* HSS had a terrible game Against the Cowboys, and hopefully he has another lol
* dont think Foran will play
* rotation will be so important, they got zippy players

Raiders by 16
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

It's a glimpse into our future.....we need to be patient regardless of the result.
Still see hooker as the weak point and a MUST in terms of finding the long term solution....
Raoul Duke
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Papalii

Re: 2024 Round 6 v Titans: Chevy Stewart to debut

Post by Raoul Duke »

Finchy wrote: April 9, 2024, 4:10 pm Where's the 6 weeks for Rapa come from? Can't find anything official on here or anywhere else online.
Jordy shouldn't have been allowed to come back on after half time...

Last edited by Raoul Duke on April 9, 2024, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Feel for Rapa.

Stoked for Chevy.

And Trey finally..

We are getting close to the best possible 17.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Crusader
Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

Andymachine wrote: April 9, 2024, 4:26 pm Credit to Ricky for making the right choices this week. I would have been very unhappy to see one or both of:

A. Guler brought back in to replace Hors
B. Kris moved to fullback and Cotric brought into centre.

I think both of the above were highly possible and would have been classic Ricky selections, but Stewart and Mooney were the right choices and I'm excited to see them. Hoping Mooney can make himself undroppable from here on (and Whitehead's calf heals reeaaally slowly).
ewww! to option A.
brother Ewwww to option B.
Mullins_y2k
Glenn Lazarus

Post by Mullins_y2k »

Really excited to see this team go round.... **** it will hurt if we lose, haha.
NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

Wow, the mythical GH team actually got selected (minus Puru I guess). It's going to be a roller coaster of a month I reckon but I'm excited to watch this side.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Going to be exciting to see Chevy run out. Hopefully they play this when he does and also for every ball carry and try he scores.

Last edited by Azza on April 9, 2024, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crusader
Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

GreenMachine wrote: April 9, 2024, 4:43 pm It's a glimpse into our future.....we need to be patient regardless of the result.
Still see hooker as the weak point and a MUST in terms of finding the long term solution....
look I do agree with you, but....its not really broken....at this stage
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

That bench would be perfect if you replaced Saulo with Sisagi
Crusader
Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

Mullins_y2k wrote: April 9, 2024, 4:47 pm Really excited to see this team go round.... **** it will hurt if we lose, haha.
sharks game hurt soo much, but yeah this game will leave a mark, im sure we got this though
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

This is the most excited I've been about a game for a very long time. Keen to see how all the younglings combine.
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

We all know Hoppa will come right back in no matter how we play on sunday
Perth Based Raiders Fan
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Gutted I won’t be able to watch this game live
But thrilled to see this team. Hope Stewart and Mooney kick **** and take their opportunity with both hands
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

Makaveli wrote: April 9, 2024, 4:56 pm That bench would be perfect if you replaced Saulo with Sisagi
Disagree. Whilst Sasagi was really good, Saulo was fantastic on Sunday. He has grown on me quite a bit. I was not his biggest fan when he started but he has been really good lately and is strong defensively.
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

The average age of our 1-6 would be around 20! Rapana is a massive loss imo. Whilst this is the future, it could work against us quite easily. They might not have the fortitude to overcome adversity if they run into it. On the other hand, they might just light it up. I’m hoping it’s the later. Let’s see.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Azza wrote: April 9, 2024, 4:52 pm Going to be exciting to see Chevy run out. Hopefully they play this when he does and also for every ball carry and try he scores.

I’m loving this..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

This is a massive danger game for us. At home, coming off a huge win, facing winless cellar dwellers. Might have to wear very tight speedos, as there's a big risk of our pants getting pulled down here. I've seen this movie too many times before.

Gus Gould always says by round 6 every team has won at least one game, every team has lost at least one game. If that theory is true, Titans will be posting their first win of the season this Sunday.

C'mon boys, prove me and Gus wrong!
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Regs Revolution wrote: April 9, 2024, 5:16 pm The average age of our 1-6 would be around 20! Rapana is a massive loss imo. Whilst this is the future, it could work against us quite easily. They might not have the fortitude to overcome adversity if they run into it. On the other hand, they might just light it up. I’m hoping it’s the later. Let’s see.
We're going to have to accept there will be ups and downs, that come with inexperience - especially without an old head like Raps there (although he could be crazy as well).

But at least we are building towards something now... last year it just felt like we were treading water and achieving nothing.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Finchy wrote: April 9, 2024, 5:22 pm This is a massive danger game for us. At home, coming off a huge win, facing winless cellar dwellers. Might have to wear very tight speedos, as there's a big risk of our pants getting pulled down here. I've seen this movie too many times before.

Gus Gould always says by round 6 every team has won at least one game, every team has lost at least one game. If that theory is true, Titans will be posting their first win of the season this Sunday.

Agreed. Season something.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

PerthRaider86 wrote: April 9, 2024, 5:00 pm We all know Hoppa will come right back in no matter how we play on sunday
One of the most exciting teams we've had in a while and you still find something to cry about.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

zim wrote: April 9, 2024, 5:25 pm
PerthRaider86 wrote: April 9, 2024, 5:00 pm We all know Hoppa will come right back in no matter how we play on sunday
One of the most exciting teams we've had in a while and you still find something to cry about.
I don't think he will. Nor will Guler.

If you cast your mind back over the previous two seasons, I'd say Stuart gives a player plenty of time to get settled into first grade. Like 5 or 6 games plenty. Then if they are cast aside, they tend to stay cast aside given any other option. Think HSS last year. Think Nick Cotric.

And it gets easier if the replacement is a clear upgrade. I wouldn't be all that surprised if Whitehead ends up retiring early, either.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Sundays squad will be very disappointing for some on the Greenhouse who like to follow Team List Tuesday with Team Whinge Wednesday.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Congratulations to Chevy Stewart on making his FG debut. Go well young man. Sticky recently talking about loss of momentum when Papa and Taps go off and he continued with the in form Saulo and the NSW Cup 'Momentum Man' Trey Mooney. All very positive.

Another positive is Kasey Badger will be the Ref.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Dr Zaius wrote: April 9, 2024, 5:00 pm This is the most excited I've been about a game for a very long time. Keen to see how all the younglings combine.
Feels good, right?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Finchy wrote: April 9, 2024, 5:22 pm This is a massive danger game for us. At home, coming off a huge win, facing winless cellar dwellers. Might have to wear very tight speedos, as there's a big risk of our pants getting pulled down here. I've seen this movie too many times before.

I totally agree, Inkee.

Complacency is our biggest threat.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Already looking forward to that first Mooney hit up. He's gone up another level this year.
President Clinton
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Hopefully we make our stadium a fortress and put another side to the sword at home.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Seiffert82 wrote:Haha Tre "Very" Mooney as well.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
Mooney should eclipse his opposing forwards and cast his foreboding shadow over this game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote: April 9, 2024, 5:00 pm This is the most excited I've been about a game for a very long time. Keen to see how all the younglings combine.
I'm so excited, and I'm now going to be playing "Holiday Road" all night.

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

greeneyed wrote: April 9, 2024, 6:29 pm
I'm so excited, and I'm now going to be playing "Holiday Road" all night.

God bless you.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Lui_Bon wrote:
zim wrote: April 9, 2024, 5:25 pm
I don't think he will. Nor will Guler.

If you cast your mind back over the previous two seasons, I'd say Stuart gives a player plenty of time to get settled into first grade. Like 5 or 6 games plenty. Then if they are cast aside, they tend to stay cast aside given any other option. Think HSS last year. Think Nick Cotric.

And it gets easier if the replacement is a clear upgrade. I wouldn't be all that surprised if Whitehead ends up retiring early, either.
Issue is Hoppa is injured not cast aside. When was the last time Rick didn’t bring an incumbent back?

(Not counting Horse as his cup stint and form seemed to suggest an off field issue that won’t be there for Hoppa)
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Finchy wrote:This is a massive danger game for us. At home, coming off a huge win, facing winless cellar dwellers. Might have to wear very tight speedos, as there's a big risk of our pants getting pulled down here. I've seen this movie too many times before.

They won the bye. We can relax Image
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How Ricky Stuart told Jordan Rapana it was better to have knee operation now

Coach Ricky Stuart says Jordan Rapana has been one of the Raiders' best in the opening five rounds, but convinced him to have the surgery to repair a meniscus tear.

"I spoke with Jordan and he was happy to try and play without the operation. I said to him it's only round five, so we need to think about the duration of the season. It's better to go in, get the meniscus operated on and we can move forward from there and know he'll be back fresh and healthy."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14329
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Andymachine wrote: April 9, 2024, 4:26 pm Credit to Ricky for making the right choices this week. I would have been very unhappy to see one or both of:

A. Guler brought back in to replace Hors
B. Kris moved to fullback and Cotric brought into centre.

I think both of the above were highly possible and would have been classic Ricky selections, but Stewart and Mooney were the right choices and I'm excited to see them. Hoping Mooney can make himself undroppable from here on (and Whitehead's calf heals reeaaally slowly).
Agree with this. I’d have expected A and/or B last year but Ricky is seemingly committed to rewarding form and bringing in youth. Love it.