Broncos 13+
35%

Total votes: 20

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Re: 2024 Round 7 v Broncos: Teams and Previews *Teams p1

Post by Canberra Milk »

Gee a couple of quiet weeks and people are after Kris. He was one of our best last year, out of position

Admittedly it's only two, radicalraider and Colk. But that's two more than it should be
denissnowy
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by denissnowy »

I imagine Brandy felt pretty dirty after being complimentary of the Raiders.

‘Injection of youngsters’: How Raiders reinvigorated ageing roster.... and avoided a rebuild

The loss of their most influential player Jack Wighton and an ageing forward pack had many experts tipping the Raiders for the wooden spoon in 2024 amid a rebuilding phase for the club. But Ricky Stuart’s side has so far proved those predictions very wide of the mark.

“The youngsters like Ethan Strange and Xavier Savage are going great. Savage looks a completely different player. I think the injection of those youngsters, the middles doing their job, they’ve been great,” Greg Alexander said.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ed9b5b6d3b
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Canberra Milk wrote: April 20, 2024, 3:02 am Gee a couple of quiet weeks and people are after Kris. He was one of our best last year, out of position

Admittedly it's only two, radicalraider and Colk. But that's two more than it should be
I don’t agree with Radical or Colk that there is an issue with Kris, but I welcome them bringing their opinion on this. Why do we need every person on here echoing the same words - “Timoko is good, Tarps is great, bleed green…”. Again, I’m very happy with Kris and I’m don’t think he is under any pressure to be dropped or moved, but I’m glad Colk and Radical shared their views and I’ll keep an eye on how he goes tonight.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Kris hasn't been getting good ball outside Strange. Strange's running game has been one of the highlights of our season and he still had the surprise factor. I'm guessing as teams begin to target the metres that Strange makes those opportunities will start presenting themselves to Kris. I've definitely missed seeing Kris with ball in hand and some space to move as he's a really well balanced ball runner.
Last edited by Roger Kenworthy on April 20, 2024, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Canberra Milk wrote: April 20, 2024, 3:02 am Gee a couple of quiet weeks and people are after Kris. He was one of our best last year, out of position

I was the one who brought up Kris this week.

I am not “after him”, I am just looking for a big performance from him because I think he has been a little quiet and down on his 2022 centre form.
Up The Milk
Colk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Colk »

I’ll paraphrase my comments.

I don’t think Kris is a bad player. I think he is a solid first grader. His defence at centre has been quite strong. I just don’t think he is or will be an elite centre because of his attack. Also compared to someone like others we have had like Curtis Scott he is Mal Meninga so there’s that

Now that can work and there are teams that have won comps with solid rather than brilliant centres. So there’s that as well
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

denissnowy wrote: April 20, 2024, 7:18 am I imagine Brandy felt pretty dirty after being complimentary of the Raiders.

‘Injection of youngsters’: How Raiders reinvigorated ageing roster.... and avoided a rebuild

The loss of their most influential player Jack Wighton and an ageing forward pack had many experts tipping the Raiders for the wooden spoon in 2024 amid a rebuilding phase for the club. But Ricky Stuart’s side has so far proved those predictions very wide of the mark.

“The youngsters like Ethan Strange and Xavier Savage are going great. Savage looks a completely different player. I think the injection of those youngsters, the middles doing their job, they’ve been great,” Greg Alexander said.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ed9b5b6d3b
Yeah I’m in disbelief that Brandy said something positive.

Some of the article is typical Sydney centric rubbish. The whole disbelief (i.e. remarkably) that Ethan Strange would go to Canberra when he was playing for the Roosters feeds into the Canberra trope.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Neeeegz wrote: April 19, 2024, 9:24 pm I think if Weekes wants to play first grade, he should focus on wing or fullback
He has speed and skills, but bad defence, so he needs time in cup in those positions to work on things
Has Weekes ever played wing before? I think utility is his best bet. He has speed which helps and that can be useful against tiring defences
Lamenting Actions
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Grace Kemp

Post by Lamenting Actions »

TL;DR for most of the above article: "The Roosters are the bestest team eva and no one will ever be better than them (especially 'facts').
-PJ- wrote: April 14, 2024, 9:07 pm I thought it went really good, now let’s go get some soft serve.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Brandy has surprisingly been positive about the Raiders all year. I’ve been surprised at some of the things he has said on game day and during commentary. I wonder if that’s how he generally feels of if something was brought to his attention as a commentator over the offseason. I am guessing the former as I don’t give Fox Sports that much credit. For whatever reason it is nice to hear.

In Kris he was interviewed during the week and admitted he was looking for ways to get involved more in games. To summarise he said at fullback he got used to the game coming to him now he has to find ways other than yardage to go find it. I have no doubt once that edge of Strange, Young, Kris and Savage gets settled that we will be singing its praises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I think Brandy doesn't want the same reaction Parker got lol
Vaccinated
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

cat wrote: April 20, 2024, 10:55 am I think Brandy doesn't want the same reaction Parker got lol
He has received his own fair share of side line serves at GIO :lol:.
Though it's probably been a quite a while since the last one.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Brandy and Vossy's breakfast radio show on SEN is really fair, they talk plenty of raiders

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

Which top 8 team would Kris start at centre
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

radicalraider wrote:Which top 8 team would Kris start at centre
2022, 2023 and 2024 Canberra Raiders.

Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

bonehead wrote:Brandy and Vossy's breakfast radio show on SEN is really fair, they talk plenty of raiders

Ill put that down to Vossy. He is a true footy tragic, pretty sure i read somewhere he is a member of like 5 teams or something including the raiders.
As long as its a game of league he doesnt care who the teams are or what division it is he'll be on the edge of his seat cheering on every single play

cat
Laurie Daley

2024 Round 7 v Broncos: Teams and Previews *Teams p1

Post by cat »

zim wrote: April 20, 2024, 1:27 pm
cat wrote: April 20, 2024, 10:55 am I think Brandy doesn't want the same reaction Parker got lol
He has received his own fair share of side line serves at GIO :lol:.
Though it's probably been a quite a while since the last one.
Remember that one a few years back where he was trying to do the pre match ( I think) piece and all you could hear in the background was "brandy is a …." Image
Vaccinated
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

radicalraider wrote: April 20, 2024, 1:34 pm Which top 8 team would Kris start at centre
I think Newcastle and NZ from last year
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

radicalraider wrote: April 20, 2024, 1:34 pm Which top 8 team would Kris start at centre
Are we talking top 8 this year or last year, as the teams vary. Let's just look at all teams this round (Rabbits have the bye so I'm going off last round for them).

Roosters - Michael Jennings/Joey Manu. I'd say Kris beats a 45 year old Jennings these days.
Storm - Reimis Smith/Nick Meaney. I'd say Kris beats Smith.
Dragons - Moses Suli/Zac Lomax. I'd say Kris beats Suli.
Warriors - Rocco Berry/RTS. I'd say Kris beats Berry.
Eels - Morgan Harper/Will Penisini. I'd say Kris beats Harper.
Dolphins - Jake Averillo/Tesi Niu. I'd say Kris beats both.
Panthers - Izaac Tago/Paul Alamoti. I'd say Kris beats Alamoti.
Tigers - Brent Naden/Justin Olam. I'd say Kris beats Naden
Titans - Brian Kelly/Harley Smith-Shields. I'd say Kris beats both.
Sea Eagles - Tolutau Koula/Reuben Garrick. I'd say Kris may beat Koula.
Broncos - Kotoni Staggs/Selwyn Cobbo - beats neither.
Bulldogs - Bronson Xerri/Stephen Crichton. I'd say Kris beats Xerri.
Knights - Bradman Best/Enari Tuala. I'd say Kris beats Tuala.
Sharks - Jesse Ramien/Kayal Iro. I'd say Kris beats Iro.
Cowboys - Valentine Holmes/Tom Chester. I'd say Kris beats Chester.
Rabbitohs - Jack Wighton/Isaiah Tass. I'd say Kris beats Tass.

Overall I reckon most teams would take Kris over at least one of their starting centres this round.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

2024 Round 7 v Broncos: Teams and Previews *Teams p1

Post by Finchy »

Unless that was a different time, I think you're referring to him being called a "one eyed flog". I can't find the video of it, but it was hilarious.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Elcaptcroker wrote: April 20, 2024, 2:09 pm
bonehead wrote:Brandy and Vossy's breakfast radio show on SEN is really fair, they talk plenty of raiders

Ill put that down to Vossy. He is a true footy tragic, pretty sure i read somewhere he is a member of like 5 teams or something including the raiders.
As long as its a game of league he doesnt care who the teams are or what division it is he'll be on the edge of his seat cheering on every single play

Yeah, I think Vossy is a bit of a Raiders fan. He also likes the Warriors and maybe Tigers? from memory. Not sure about the other clubs.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Finchy wrote: April 20, 2024, 2:23 pm Unless that was a different time, I think you're referring to him being called a "one eyed flog". I can't find the video of it, but it was hilarious.
It could been a one eyed flog
Just remember it being funny too 😄

Vaccinated
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Kris is a NZ international and deservedly so. He's been shuffled around from centre to FB, then centre, then wing. His season was interrupted with a head knock and then had to sit out the next game v Warriors. He also had to adjust to a new 5/8 and wing partner, as well as playing centre again after spending most of his time at FB last year.

The guy can play - recall his try v West Tigers (2nd game) when he was centre last year. His pace for the intercept try v Melbourne at AAMI in 2022 surprised me.

I'm very happy with our centres now. Both have pace and can break tackles.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Finchy wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote: April 20, 2024, 2:09 pm

Yeah, I think Vossy is a bit of a Raiders fan. He also likes the Warriors and maybe Tigers? from memory. Not sure about the other clubs.
Yea he was/is a member of the raiders and the tahs, cant remember who the others were, but their the ones who should be sitting in the seats and not certain ex players.

Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Finchy wrote: April 20, 2024, 2:18 pm
Are we talking top 8 this year or last year, as the teams vary. Let's just look at all teams this round (Rabbits have the bye so I'm going off last round for them).

Roosters - Michael Jennings/Joey Manu. I'd say Kris beats a 45 year old Jennings these days.

Overall I reckon most teams would take Kris over at least one of their starting centres this round.
Pretty fair. I’d take Koula and Suli over him. Xerri may be ahead of him by the end of the year perhaps. Also Farnworth and Taylan May as regular centres for their team would be ahead of him.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: April 20, 2024, 2:40 pm Kris is a NZ international and deservedly so. He's been shuffled around from centre to FB, then centre, then wing. His season was interrupted with a head knock and then had to sit out the next game v Warriors. He also had to adjust to a new 5/8 and wing partner, as well as playing centre again after spending most of his time at FB last year.

The guy can play - recall his try v West Tigers (2nd game) when he was centre last year. His pace for the intercept try v Melbourne at AAMI in 2022 surprised me.

I'm very happy with our centres now. Both have pace and can break tackles.
It still blows me away that a guy born in Brisbane, played junior footy in Tuggernong, claims Torres Strait Island heritage can play for NZ.

Before the perpetually offended go nuts, I fully get that the same thing applies to Victor Radley.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

When our leader Andrew Barr doesn’t think Tuggeranong is part of Canberra, it doesn’t surprise me that Kris qualifies as a New Zealander.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Finchy wrote:

FM Roman how much spare time do you have mate , SC is deadset average to above average on his best day at absolute best!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Kryptonite wrote: April 20, 2024, 10:15 pm
Finchy wrote:

FM Roman how much spare time do you have mate , SC is deadset average to above average on his best day at absolute best!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selwyn Cobbo?