Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2024 Round 7 v Broncos: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker »

President Clinton wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:43 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:41 pm
President Clinton wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:39 pm
Shiv wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:36 pm can't see it being anything other than Weekes. Good depth signing there....

From all reports, Adam Cook is the pick of the halves in NSW Cup. Plus he is an actual 7 - from what I’ve seen, he looks a lot more creative than Fogarty.
Is Cook a top 30 player? Might need a dispensation to play him.
Surely we have another 7 in the top 30.

It can’t just be Strange, Weekes and Fogarty to cover three positions.

We have about 5 hookers :doubt:
Should never have let Schiller slip through our fingers - he is playing very well for the panthers.
President Clinton
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

-TW- wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:43 pm
NoMan wrote:
Shiv wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:36 pm can't see it being anything other than Weekes. Good depth signing there....

From all reports, Adam Cook is the pick of the halves in NSW Cup. Plus he is an actual 7 - from what I’ve seen, he looks a lot more creative than Fogarty.
Great attacking player but I don’t think he is a long term NRL player. I’d bet it will be Weekes and Strange.
Sticky will probably go Sasagi and Strange

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I doubt that. Strange is a five-eight and Simi is a back rower / centre that can play five-eight.

I tell you what, having Simi on the bench is a must in my opinion. Genuine utility player that can over the forwards, centre and the halves.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:44 pm

Should never have let Schiller slip through our fingers - he is playing very well for the panthers.
Last I checked he was still on the wing playing for us tonight
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
President Clinton
Chris O'Sullivan

Finchy wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:46 pm

He meant Semi (auto correct).
Colk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Colk »

Finchy wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:46 pm

Haha
NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:42 pm I think the jury is out on Trey Mooney and whether he is truly as good as people say he is on the GH forum. He looked slow and I didn't see him dominate in tackles. And I don't understand the fuss for Saulo as well - he gets dominated.

Conversely, Xavier Willison will be a star for the Broncos. He is a beast.
I think you have to go out of your way to criticise Mooney out of a game like that. It was 28-0 when he came on the park.
Greentothecore
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Greentothecore »

I think they showed some character to dig deep and win the second half. It does count for something. Seb Kris was good. Clearly we need a dummy half. Levi is terrible. Who? Who is potentially on the market or coming off contract and is open to having a kitchen sink thrown at them
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

In all honesty though it is looking pretty dire. All I hope is that we miss the spoon at this point and we don’t f*** the development of these young players
jimmy82
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by jimmy82 »

NoMan wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:47 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:42 pm I think the jury is out on Trey Mooney and whether he is truly as good as people say he is on the GH forum. He looked slow and I didn't see him dominate in tackles. And I don't understand the fuss for Saulo as well - he gets dominated.

I think you have to go out of your way to criticise Mooney out of a game like that. It was 28-0 when he came on the park.
Mooney was underwhelming last week as well
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Agreed
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Could argue we won the remainder of the game while he was on the field.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Colk wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:49 pm In all honesty though it is looking pretty dire. All I hope is that we miss the spoon at this point and we don’t f*** the development of these young players
That’s the spirit :roflmao
jimmy82
Alan Tongue

Post by jimmy82 »

Colk wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:49 pm

Agreed
Can see why guler was getting picked over mooney, two weeks straight he’s been underwhelming
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I wouldn’t rule out Kris getting a run in the halves next week. He’s a footballer
President Clinton
Chris O'Sullivan

Colk wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:49 pm In all honesty though it is looking pretty dire. All I hope is that we miss the spoon at this point and we don’t f*** the development of these young players
We won’t win the spoon.

If Fogarty is out, I think Stuart might need to think about our young players not getting massacred like they did tonight.

Biggest, meanest, most experienced forward pack and maybe having Rapana spell Chevy when he is back.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

jimmy82 wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:49 pm

Mooney was underwhelming last week as well

I guess the question you ask yourself is: would you rather him or Guler? I’d rather Mooney simply because he is a younger player in a role that is not particularly significant in the scheme of things. An interchange forward is not going to mean much when you have a spine full of inexperienced players (and a dummy half like Levi). I’ve seen enough of Guler over the last few years to know his potential. You may as well as give Mooney a similar leash
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Watched the game on delay other than the first 10 minutes it was like men versus preschoolers out there
The Ang
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by The Ang »

Billy Walker wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:53 pm I wouldn’t rule out Kris getting a run in the halves next week. He’s a footballer
He’s a fullback
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

MATCH REPORT: Massive Fogarty blow on top of big Raiders loss

The Canberra Raiders have suffered a massive injury blow, with halfback Jamal Fogarty potentially suffering a ruptured bicep. He didn't return after half-time, as the Raiders suffered a heavy 34-10 defeat to the Brisbane Broncos on a soaked Lang Park on Saturday night.

Adam Cook might get pulled from the Raiders' NSW Cup side to play the North Sydney Bears at North Sydney Oval on Sunday. He's one option to come in for Fogarty or potentially even Sasagi, who played in the halves at Newcastle.

BRISBANE BRONCOS 34 (Reece Walsh 2, Jordan Riki, Ezra Mam, Billy Walters, Selwyn Cobbo tries; Walsh 5 goals) bt CANBERRA RAIDERS 10 (Simi Sasagi, Xavier Savage tries; Chevy Stewart goal) at Lang Park. Referee: Chris Butler.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14329

Walsh sizzles in Broncos demolition; Raiders star’s huge injury blow: What we learned: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 06a775e2f7

MATCH REPORT: Walsh, Mam lead Broncos to razzle dazzle win against Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/04/20/wal ... t-raiders/

MATCH REPORT: Raiders suffer tough loss to Broncos: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2024/04 ... o-broncos/

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Raiders v Broncos: https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/04/20/bro ... nd-7-2024/

PRESS CONFERENCES: Raiders v Broncos: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... nd-7-2024/

GALLERY: Raiders v Broncos: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/c ... =776062907
Last edited by The Greenhouse on April 20, 2024, 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Greenhouse score update service
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Azza wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:54 pm Watched the game on delay other than the first 10 minutes it was like men versus preschoolers out there
So did many of our players
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Billy Walker wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:50 pm
That’s the spirit :roflmao

At least I’m honest. We probably won’t because our forward pack will scrap us enough wins but our spine is completely inhibited now by a lack of quality (Levi) and a lack of experience (Strange, Stewart)
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

jimmy82 wrote:

Agreed
Can see why guler was getting picked over mooney, two weeks straight he’s been underwhelming
Vs Broncos 33mins 9 runs 83m 24pcm, 22 tackles
Vs Titans 21mins 6 runs 72m 32pcm 14 tackles

Just admit you have an agenda against him

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Is Smithies ok ?

He spent some time on the bench and has been a 80min workhorse all year.

Also, I did notice in the sheds during Rickys talk with the team Morgan looked..let’s say dirty.

All the boys were disappointed clearly.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Raider of d Lost Ark wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:26 pm We don’t play them again this year.
We could in a prelim
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

President Clinton wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:53 pm
We won’t win the spoon.

If Fogarty is out, I think Stuart might need to think about our young players not getting massacred like they did tonight.

Biggest, meanest, most experienced forward pack and maybe having Rapana spell Chevy when he is back.

I wouldn’t be so sure. Your other options are the Tigers and Titans (who are the favourites).
Souths will start winning games probably when Demetriou is gone. Titans are severely struggling but they played well tonight. Tigers have improved from what I’ve seen.

Bulldogs and Dragons have improved too much to be spoon contenders.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Okay, that was disappointing. A few clangers to put the game out of reach, but for me it was obvious from the first quarter of the game that we lost the ruck, the wrestle and forward battle. And comparing the packs that shouldn't be happening. Woolford must be given a go. Starling offers nothing. Levi has some decent moments but as a few of us have mentioned our pack looks better with Woolford. It's not a straight up Woolford vs Levi conversation. It's a comparison between how our pack plays with either option and it's pretty a clear win for Woolford. But Levi has been good no doubt and would be really good coming off the bench for that middle period. Neither Levi or Woolford are 80 minute players and they both get lazy and loose under fatigue.

Starling? What is the point? I'm not even including him in the comparison. He has no creativity, his running game disappeared over a year ago. His defence isn't enough for him to take a spot in the 17.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Azza wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:59 pm
Raider of d Lost Ark wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:26 pm We don’t play them again this year.
We could in a prelim
Or a GF.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Colk wrote:
We won’t win the spoon.

I wouldn’t be so sure. Your other options are the Tigers and Titans (who are the favourites).
Souths will start winning games probably when Demetriou is gone. Titans are severely struggling but they played well tonight. Tigers have improved from what I’ve seen.

You're aware the Titans exist yeah?

jimmy82
Alan Tongue

Post by jimmy82 »

-TW- wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:57 pm
jimmy82 wrote:

Agreed

No agenda, with all the hype around him was expecting a TLL on steroids
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

-TW- wrote: April 20, 2024, 10:01 pm
Colk wrote:
We won’t win the spoon.

You're aware the Titans exist yeah?

Read the post
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

-PJ- wrote: April 20, 2024, 10:01 pm
Azza wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:59 pm
We could in a prelim
Or a GF.
Now you’re just being ridiculous no way they’ll make a grand final. The donkeys I mean
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

They conceded 34 points against a team in 2nd gear

They aren't improved at all

Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

-TW- wrote: April 20, 2024, 10:04 pm They conceded 34 points against a team in 2nd gear

They aren't improved at all

And they nearly beat us last week
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Botman wrote: April 20, 2024, 8:29 pm Good opportunity for a young team to show a bit of grit and fight
The game has come and gone now, now what?
We gonna put up the white flag or rally and put something together the feel good about into next week?

I know what the 2023 Raiders would have done. If the coach is right and that’s not us, let’s see it in the 2nd half
Didn’t see the game but my group chats and reading between the lines here sounds like we buckled down and put up a bit of a fight in the 2nd half
Good signs for a young team if that’s indeed how it played

The Fogarty injury is a real massive blow though. Really was just the one guy we couldn’t afford to lose
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

jimmy82 wrote: April 20, 2024, 10:02 pm
-TW- wrote: April 20, 2024, 9:57 pm
jimmy82 wrote:

Agreed

No agenda, with all the hype around him was expecting a TLL on steroids
How many first grade games has he played? The problem with young players is that sometimes they get overrated and because they are overrated people will act in the complete opposite when they don’t meet some expectation.

He probably is not as good as what people hyped him to be but his performances in second grade and his performances in first grade suggest he should at the very least make it as a first grader.