Broncos 13+
41%

Total votes: 17

Smurfette
Brett Mullins

Re: 2024 Round 7 v Broncos: Game Day

Post by Smurfette »

Colk wrote: April 21, 2024, 10:08 am
Dr Zaius wrote: April 21, 2024, 9:53 am Chevy stays in first grade until Jordy is back, then he returns to NSW Cup taking what he has learnt from his time in the NRL to develop his game. That's the way it was always going to be and nothing about last night changes this.

This year was never going to be our year to challenge for a premiership. We're bringing through young players in key positions. It's a development year, we're going to have some high highs and some low lows. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.
I am not sure I find getting smashed enjoyable
I got absolutely soaked last night surrounded by insufferable broncos fans, and still got some enjoyment out of last night. It's not that bad!

I'm somewhat buoyed by the second half, and especially with how Chevy picked himself up. As others have said, these are excellent learning experiences and we'll be so much better for it in the long run.
Thomas Roy
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Roy »

I didn't watch the game or read any comments yet due to work,but we sacking Ricky yet :roflmao
This was always bound to happen unfortunately :(
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

-PJ- wrote: April 21, 2024, 6:39 am Cmon boys n girls.

We all expected nights like that. We talked about it all off season. We have kids in our spine. It will take time. But let’s not throw these boys under the bus..we are going to be ok.

Chevy will be a star, our star.

Chev, Savage, Kris, Timoko, Strange and Sanders are all still very young. The nucleus for success assembled.

Wait till Chev and Strange have played 50 games.

Some posters on here absolutely need an uppercut.

One suggested we catapult Sanders in today and get him to play #7 next weekend with ZERO fg.
Spot on.

I hate losing, but in this situation it's more tolerable because of our inexperience.

We have a bright future. We have promising players and some tough players.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Thomas Roy wrote:I didn't watch the game or read any comments yet due to work,but we sacking Ricky yet :roflmao
We were up for this game and I thought we were all over the Broncos earpy, but unfortunately the errors started to creep in. Credit to Brisbane, they took advantage of them (specifically 2 completely gifted tries and plenty of cheap field position).

Without being a Pollyanna, I thought there was a lot to like about much of our game.

It highlights how much we need a full-time right edge second rower though.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

-PJ- wrote:Is Smithies ok ?

He spent some time on the bench and has been a 80min workhorse all year.

Also, I did notice in the sheds during Rickys talk with the team Morgan looked..let’s say dirty.

All the boys were disappointed clearly.
I saw Smithies at the airport today (along with the rest of the boys) and he had a massive shiner
mikeraider
Brett Mullins

Post by mikeraider »

Now Like clarity what I said now the dust has settled on the game (No pun intended rail) about Stewart, his a smaller fullback than the most of the full backs in the NRL, but he does make up for it catching high bombs, other dropped tonight in the rain, I like to see him go though a change like what happened with savage, he needs to bulk up a bit plus more games in lower grade, but Kris could go back into No.1

Now for the Fog, I would like to see K Weeks as he has the NRL experience with Manly, has speed and can fill different positions which was the whole reason we bought to the raiders, see how he goes.

Now I thought Mooney was in the 2nd half middle difference was what we need when Papa comes off with Horsburgh injured, can play big minutes as well (More minutes needed possibly to start the match)

So what is saying is do we what to play finals footy or blood all these newbies still, Cook and the like, when we have so many (Injures to key area will have a play) in the presser Sticky is hinting of this possibly to rule out our finials hopes for development in young players...
Canberra Raiders supporter though thick and thin from the very beginning.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Is English your second language? I’ve tried reading that a few times now and I’m still confused
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Finchy wrote:Is English your second language? I’ve tried reading that a few times now and I’m still confused
I think he is half way through a stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thomas Roy
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Roy »

Seiffert82 wrote: April 21, 2024, 1:22 pm
Thomas Roy wrote:I didn't watch the game or read any comments yet due to work,but we sacking Ricky yet :roflmao
We were up for this game and I thought we were all over the Broncos earpy, but unfortunately the errors started to creep in. Credit to Brisbane, they took advantage of them (specifically 2 completely gifted tries and plenty of cheap field position).

Without being a Pollyanna, I thought there was a lot to like about much of our game.

It highlights how much we need a full-time right edge second rower though.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
Thanks Seiff,much appreciated
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

mike’s right, you know.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

mikeraider wrote: April 21, 2024, 2:39 pm Now Like clarity what I said now the dust has settled on the game (No pun intended rail) about Stewart, his a smaller fullback than the most of the full backs in the NRL, but he does make up for it catching high bombs, other dropped tonight in the rain, I like to see him go though a change like what happened with savage, he needs to bulk up a bit plus more games in lower grade, but Kris could go back into No.1

Now for the Fog, I would like to see K Weeks as he has the NRL experience with Manly, has speed and can fill different positions which was the whole reason we bought to the raiders, see how he goes.

Now I thought Mooney was in the 2nd half middle difference was what we need when Papa comes off with Horsburgh injured, can play big minutes as well (More minutes needed possibly to start the match)

So what is saying is do we what to play finals footy or blood all these newbies still, Cook and the like, when we have so many (Injures to key area will have a play) in the presser Sticky is hinting of this possibly to rule out our finials hopes for development in young players...
:shock:
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Rick wrote:
Finchy wrote:Is English your second language? I’ve tried reading that a few times now and I’m still confused
I think he is half way through a stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely had one reading that

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:mike’s right, you know.
About all of it. The whole godamned lot.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Finchy wrote: April 21, 2024, 2:43 pm Is English your second language? I’ve tried reading that a few times now and I’m still confused
Personally I thought his analysis was excellent.
President Clinton
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

The Nickman wrote: April 21, 2024, 4:31 pm mike’s right, you know.
What was he right about?
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Azza wrote: April 21, 2024, 7:07 pm
Finchy wrote: April 21, 2024, 2:43 pm Is English your second language? I’ve tried reading that a few times now and I’m still confused
Oh, informative no doubt. Just a bit too intellectual for simpletons like me.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Finchy wrote: April 21, 2024, 7:41 pm
Azza wrote: April 21, 2024, 7:07 pm
Oh, informative no doubt. Just a bit too intellectual for simpletons like me.
agreed.
Raidernation
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by Raidernation »

The point about Chevy is interesting though. He isn't particularly rapid, he's not a big player either. His game and development is going to be around effort/usage and footballing smarts/playmaking but he hasn't shown any playmaking to me yet.
What this is all coming back to is......
Is Chevy a younger version of charnze?
NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

Lets hope he is that good but he ball plays plenty in the lower grades anyway.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Raidernation wrote: April 21, 2024, 8:00 pm The point about Chevy is interesting though. He isn't particularly rapid, he's not a big player either. His game and development is going to be around effort/usage and footballing smarts/playmaking but he hasn't shown any playmaking to me yet.
I appreciate not everyone watches nsw cup but he’s shown what style of player he is there quite well but baring that it might be worth considering waiting a little longer than his second game to declare what an 18 year old kid can and can’t do in his NRL career :lol:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Botman wrote:
Raidernation wrote: April 21, 2024, 8:00 pm The point about Chevy is interesting though. He isn't particularly rapid, he's not a big player either. His game and development is going to be around effort/usage and footballing smarts/playmaking but he hasn't shown any playmaking to me yet.
I appreciate not everyone watches nsw cup but he’s shown what style of player he is there quite well but baring that it might be worth considering waiting a little longer than his second game to declare what an 18 year old kid can and can’t do in his NRL career Image
If I can be bothered I'd be keen to go back and read the thread for our last child prodigy - Josh Dugan's 2nd game

I'm sure people were saying he was **** and will never make it

Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

-TW- wrote: April 21, 2024, 8:16 pm
Botman wrote:
I appreciate not everyone watches nsw cup but he’s shown what style of player he is there quite well but baring that it might be worth considering waiting a little longer than his second game to declare what an 18 year old kid can and can’t do in his NRL career Image
If I can be bothered I'd be keen to go back and read the thread for our last child prodigy - Josh Dugan's 2nd game

I'm sure people were saying he was **** and will never make it

Well, he did turn out to be ****, just not his playing ability.

And on a more serious note, he did get injured in like very tackle, because he's a soft serve.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

In his early games he was returning the ball like Chevy is now

He made a belter of a 1 on 1 tackle on Dave Taylor at Suncorp

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

President Clinton wrote:
What was he right about?
About everything, dammit!
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

-TW- wrote: April 21, 2024, 9:02 pm In his early games he was returning the ball like Chevy is now

He did, and he cried after it because he was a SOFT SERVE
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Neeeegz wrote:
-TW- wrote: April 21, 2024, 9:02 pm In his early games he was returning the ball like Chevy is now

He did, and he cried after it because he was a SOFT SERVE
I'm banking so would you if Dave Taylor ran over the top of you

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

'He was courageous in the end': An NRL great's words of wisdom for under-fire Raiders young gun

The greatest fullback of all time has praised Chevy Stewart's courage under adversity, before Billy Slater added it would be an important lesson for the Canberra Raiders No.1.

"To his credit, he kept getting up, he kept playing and I thought he was courageous in the end," Slater said on The Sunday Footy Show. "But it was a really tough night for him. He's going to learn from it. He's going to look at this game and look back on it and I'm sure he'll grow from it because he looks like that sort of character.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
President Clinton
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

The Nickman wrote: April 21, 2024, 9:04 pm
President Clinton wrote:
What was he right about?
After re-reading his post for a fifth time, I finally concede - Mike is right!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

President Clinton wrote:
The Nickman wrote: April 21, 2024, 9:04 pm
President Clinton wrote:
What was he right about?
After re-reading his post for a fifth time, I finally concede - Mike is right!
Hmmm, I think you might need to review the following clip to catch up to speed…

You’ll need to watch up to the very last line.