'Mate we had a short turnaround!'

Friday night post match press conference + select GH members
Colk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2024 Round 9 v Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews

Post by Colk »

The Nickman wrote: April 28, 2024, 5:39 pm “Who cares?”
It’s going to be a car crash. I’m literally scared about how many points they could put on us with their attack
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Scary match up for us here, but looks like we caught a break with DCE and Olakau'atu almost certain to miss the match.
I think there is a good chance we'll see some changes here. Kind of have to after a 40-0 drubbing at home
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Drop Schiller for Cotric
Drop Levi for Woolford
Drop Weekes for Cook

Might give us a chance
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Same team that got pumped by Cronulla. Except Levi.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
President Clinton
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Hudson Young needs a stint in NSW Cup. Maybe a permanent stint.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

The Ang wrote: April 28, 2024, 6:06 pm Stewart
Savage
Timoko
Kris (thin ice)
Hop
Strange
…. …. …. Cook 🤔
Mooney
Zac Woolford
Tapine
Young (thin ice)
Whitehead (this is depressing)
Puru

Trev
Papa
Mariota
Saulo

Danny Levi should no longer be at the club after the showers. Starling offers nothing. Schiller is rocks and diamonds. I don’t see anything special in Smithies. Sasagi can go tackle some tackle bags.
Turbo will score 100 points on his lonesome. Today is a dark day
THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

President Clinton wrote: April 28, 2024, 6:18 pm Hudson Young needs a stint in NSW Cup. Maybe a permanent stint.
He definitely should but there is literally nobody in the squad that can. You have Mitch Spencer and Noah Martin in reserve grade who I don’t even think could be picked.

It’s an appalling piece of squad management.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

I brought it up a fortnight ago but was assured he was going great guns but is anyone else concerned about Kris?

His counterpart Timoko is looking good even in well beaten sides but Seb looks anonymous most of the time.

I’m not calling for his dropping or anything like that I am just wondering if the calls for him to be our centre for the next decade are a bit premature.
Up The Milk
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

If Schiller was staying around for the future I'd be more than willing to give him a bit more lead way and patience however his errors are not justifying us keeping him in the team short term.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'd prefer Hoppa or Cotric.

Not that a winger is our biggest problem but perhaps we need a bit more experience and it's a start.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Mickey_Raider wrote: April 28, 2024, 6:42 pm I brought it up a fortnight ago but was assured he was going great guns but is anyone else concerned about Kris?

His counterpart Timoko is looking good even in well beaten sides but Seb looks anonymous most of the time.

I’m not calling for his dropping or anything like that I am just wondering if the calls for him to be our centre for the next decade are a bit premature.
He had a great game prior to his concussion but since coming back he’s struggled from what I’ve seen
Needs to lift his game for sure
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Raider47 wrote: April 28, 2024, 6:45 pm If Schiller was staying around for the future I'd be more than willing to give him a bit more lead way and patience however his errors are not justifying us keeping him in the team short term.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'd prefer Hoppa or Cotric.

Not that a winger is our biggest problem but perhaps we need a bit more experience and it's a start.
Oh and I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm naming EW next week too... straight swap for Sasagi.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Mickey_Raider wrote: April 28, 2024, 6:42 pm I brought it up a fortnight ago but was assured he was going great guns but is anyone else concerned about Kris?

Not sure if I'm concerned, but he's been underwhelming so far this season. Trouble also is he's seeing little ball because it's been held back from Strange so far throughout games, compared to Wighton who got the ball when he wanted it.

Seb's game isn't at its best inside our 30, it's in the opposition's.
Last edited by afgtnk on April 28, 2024, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Smelly will come in, we are lacking experience so it may come in handy.
Woolford needs to come in. Its been 8 weeks of Levi. He is upholding his true form that he has displayed his whole career. Woolford isnt THE answer but he is definitely up a rung from the worst hooker in the comp.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Surely Woolford needs to come into the side.

I'd be dropping Simi on the basis of that defensive performance. Ata to edge, Guler on the bench.

It may be time to give Chevy a rest. He held his own tonight and tried hard. I would try Savage at FB so we can have some attack from the back and put defenders in two minds. We just don't have any deception in our attack. I'd play Cotric on the wing. You cannot play Hoppa against Manly's wingers and fast centres like Koula and Garrick.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: April 28, 2024, 6:54 pm Smelly will come in, we are lacking experience so it may come in handy.
Woolford needs to come in. Its been 8 weeks of Levi. He is upholding his true form that he has displayed his whole career. Woolford isnt THE answer but he is definitely up a rung from the worst hooker in the comp.
And I would submit he is also a rung up from the 2nd worst hooker in the comp, Thomas Starling.
Up The Milk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Good shout Mickey..

I deadset forgot he was out there.

Very quiet.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

-PJ- wrote: April 28, 2024, 7:00 pm

Good shout Mickey..

Very quiet.
Yup and the thing is, he is now one of our most experienced players out there. We really need him to be more than anonymous or quiet in a team full of children and plodding hookers in the spine.

It can’t just be lack of service either. You need to go look for work like Rapana does.

Ah speaking of Rapana. God I miss Rapana.
Up The Milk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Mickey_Raider wrote: April 28, 2024, 7:03 pm
-PJ- wrote: April 28, 2024, 7:00 pm

Good shout Mickey..

Very quiet.
Yup and the thing is, he is now one of our most experienced players out there. We really need him to be more than anonymous or quiet in a team full of children and plodding hookers in the spine.

It can’t just be lack of service either. You need to go look for work like Rapana does.

Ah speaking of Rapana. God I miss Rapana.
Yeah can’t wait for the return of Lord Jordan..
President Clinton
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Colk wrote: April 28, 2024, 6:31 pm
President Clinton wrote: April 28, 2024, 6:18 pm Hudson Young needs a stint in NSW Cup. Maybe a permanent stint.
He definitely should but there is literally nobody in the squad that can. You have Mitch Spencer and Noah Martin in reserve grade who I don’t even think could be picked.

Elliott Whitehead is back this week hopefully. He has been flat out disgusting this year.

Not grounding the ball last week, giving away a six-again with a hero play this week, rushing up on Hynes.

No attention to detail from a SOO player who should be leading by example.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

We've gone from "our depth is the best in the comp" to this in 8 weekes, but to be fair, we are missing origin and international level players...
but the continual picking of Levi astounds me, did Ricky not see the difference when he finally picked Woolford last year ?
Our attack will improve immediately if Woolford replaces Levi
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Neeeegz wrote: April 28, 2024, 7:08 pm

We've gone from "our depth is the best in the comp" to this in 8 weekes, but to be fair, we are missing origin and international level players...
but the continual picking of Levi astounds me, did Ricky not see the difference when he finally picked Woolford last year ?
Billy will tell you otherwise, but it has to be some weird pettiness or personal grudge for Ricky to not see Woolford is so much better than Levi. And Woolford is bog average, so...
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Ben & Sev Love Milk
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana and Josh Papali’i

Post by Ben & Sev Love Milk »

Woolford , Puru and Whitehead come in Starling , Levi and Saulo or Simi drop out . I love Savage but his attention to detail has to be better, for all the brilliant things he can do he has had some embarrassing moments.
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Neeeegz wrote: April 28, 2024, 7:08 pm

I don’t think I ever said that but sure
We have three hookers (none of whom are great)
We only have three second rowers compared to 10 middle forwards. For example we have Hola who is probably not going to see a game of first grade whilst we are forced to play a reserve grader in a position that he is learning. That’s really bad roster management.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

afgtnk wrote: April 28, 2024, 6:08 pm 'Mate we had a short turnaround!'

Friday night post match press conference + select GH members
Yes, Ricky and his GH mates can get the excuses ready for another 40 + points flogging
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

we win this!!! you will see
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

Crusader wrote: April 28, 2024, 7:33 pm we win this!!! you will see
I want what you’re having. Actually no scratch that because when we get pumped next week it won’t be so crushing
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Danny Levi should be dropped and never seen in first grade again. Woolford has to start next week. I said last week that Cook is playing much better football than Weekes in NSW Cup... his defence is not good, granted. But he can kick and organise and set up a try. Cook must come in for Weekes. All the established forwards... on notice. The trouble is... who do you bring in?
jimmy82
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by jimmy82 »

I'm strarting to think Young's best position could be 13 and smithies could play in the backrow.

1. Stewart
2. Hoppa/Cotric
3. Timoko
4. Kris
5. Savage
6. Strange
7. Cook
8. Tapine (c)
9. Woolford
10. Guler
11. Mariota
12. Smithies
13. Young

14. Weekes/Puru
15. Mooney
16. Saulo
17. Papalii
Colk
Brett Mullins

Post by Colk »

greeneyed wrote: April 28, 2024, 7:46 pm Danny Levi should be dropped and never seen in first grade again. Woolford has to start next week. I said last week that Cook is playing much better football than Weekes in NSW Cup... his defence is not good, granted. But he can kick and organise and set up a try. Cook must come in for Weekes. All the established forwards... on notice. The trouble is... who do you bring in?
Add Starling to Levi.

I haven’t see Cook play halfback but he is topping the try assists count in reserve grade - may as well pick players when they are playing well.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Disappointed in that performance from Sasagi, i had heard he was aquitting himself quite well in the last few weeks
It was a disaster tonight, EW is apparently going to be back so i guess he's in... not sure that'll solve the defensive issues though
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Just the changes that should have happened at start of season: Woolford to 9, Savage to 1

Chevy doesn't look ready yet, let's get another look at him with a year more Cup under his belt. Or if he's "banging the door down", we can consider him later in the season

It's funny how some said Savage's assists at fullback were soft assists, just shuffling the ball along... if that's the case, how come his two replacements haven't been able to do it

Huge disclaimer: not a diss on Stewart. Just that being 18 and without the regular halfback and a rookie 5/8 might be too much
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

1. Savage
2. Hopoate
3. Timoko
4. Schiller
5. Cotric
6. Strange
7. Cook
8. Mariota
9. Woolford
10. Tapine
11. Young
12. Whitehead
13. Smithies
14. Puru
15. Mooney
16. Saulo
17. Papalii

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The situation with chev isnt great but i dont think he's doing a lot wrong, granted he apparently had a shocker last week against the Broncos but im watching his debut now and it's in line with what i saw tonight... he's generally in the right spot and making the right play

He's not impacting the attacking structure right now because we really dont play in a way that plays into that. We play short and to our edges and centres WAAAAAAY more than most teams who play through their fullback as the sweep player. And when it does go to the fullback, it's a run first approach.

That structure and how we go about has to change to allow Chevy to get more involved. But Weekes and Strange are not great ball players at this stage of their careers, and Strange is not playing his natural side. So it's hard for him to come in and shine. I wouldnt drop him, id stick with him, he's doing well enough that the experience is of great benefit and he's not struggling to an extent that his long term development and confidence is being compromised.
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

Botman wrote:The situation with chev isnt great but i dont think he's doing a lot wrong, granted he apparently had a shocker last week against the Broncos but im watching his debut now and it's in line with what i saw tonight... he's generally in the right spot and making the right play

He's not impacting the attacking structure right now because we really dont play in a way that plays into that. We play short and to our edges and centres WAAAAAAY more than most teams who play through their fullback as the sweep player. And when it does go to the fullback, it's a run first approach.

That structure and how we go about has to change to allow Chevy to get more involved. But Weekes and Strange are not great ball players at this stage of their careers, and Strange is not playing his natural side. So it's hard for him to come in and shine. I wouldnt drop him, id stick with him, he's doing well enough that the experience is of great benefit and he's not struggling to an extent that his long term development and confidence is being compromised.
Yeah I hear ya.

Either way Kris needs to be dropped.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award